Best Bong Vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMac

I am new to the world of vapes, but have been smoking GonG bongs for a few years now. My roomates and I own a RooR, a percolated Lux, a huge double-perced Pure, and a Toro (all straight, except beaker RooR). I'm buying a vape because I am an actor/singer and need to be careful about the day-to-day health of my lungs and throat. I really like the idea of getting a bong style vape (partially to cool the vapor, but mostly because I love bongs). These are the options I have deemed the best:

Herborizer: About $300 for the straight or $325 for the sphere. Is the bowl a standard 14 or 18 mm size (aka, can I buy the bowl and heating element -about $260- and just pop it into one of the GonG pieces I already own?)? I also wonder how nice the bong part of the unit is as compared to what I am used to. And is the XL version worth it?

APEVape: $300 for the Nano, $500 for the full unit. But, for the price, is it better than the Herborizer's heating system?

Extreme: $300 and seems really versatile. I've read that it can be hooked up to a GonG bong; is there an extra attachment required to do this? How does this work compared to the Herborizer or APEVape?

Any one have any advice on which unit to go with? I'm sure I can't go wrong, but I want to get the best unit I can.

DMac,

Frickr

really most any vape can be hooked into a bong. i use my pd through a bong every now and again, also any whip style vape can be used with a bong, by either shoving the tube down the stem, or getting an attatchment to hook the hose onto the gong joint.

Frickr,

NoSmoke

Vrip is the way, you have to own it with that collection. the Vriptech Heatwand does not dissapoint its my all time favorite vape.

NoSmoke,

Honey Bear

VHW=Monster bong rips of vapor.
It's fuckin sweet, there is really no question if you want to bring sweet sweet vapor to your bong collection.

Honey Bear,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
the vhw is easy to break...might want a herborizer, but that is glass as well....either way you will be stylin'

:peace:

edit/// oh ya and freaking read where you post treads to!!! we have a question section in this forum just for that kinda shit...

Hennessy1414,

DMac

The VRIP website doesn't seem to sell any pieces for 14 or 18 mm GonG bongs, only for the classic 12 mm o-ring sizes. I do own a few bongs of that style, but they aren't as nice as the ones I wish to vape with. The heating wand doesn't seem to have a GonG seal like the Herborizer or APEVape.

I've shoved whips from friends' vapes down the bongs before, and it works, but I like the idea of having a GonG joint on the heating element. In fact, this is pretty much a requirement for me. Can you buy a whip adapter that has a 14 or 18 mm male end to fit into my bong joints? Vapor Whip seems to make them, are they legit?

What would be better; getting a sick whip vape (Extreme or Evolution) and a GonG adapter, or getting a GonG heating element (Herborizer or APEVape) made specifically for bongs?

edit: BTW, I thought this seemed like the right place to post this; a discussion of what the best glass on glass, water filtered, vape setup would be.

DMac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
We have threads on the all of the vapes you listed, scan over the titles in 'Vaporizer Discussion' or use search.

The vrip vhw is compatible with 14/18 gong joints, check out the vhw thread or ask sm55 in the chat room.

The tagline of this forum is "there is no 'best' vaporizer. It boils down to personal preference.

If you're willing to do some reading I'm sure you'll be able to make an informed decision based on your own criteria.

Good luck. :peace:

vtac,

DMac

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. Not trying to start trouble. Just trying to get some advice on the purchase that's right for me. Maybe the thread is mis-titled. Should be, "Vaping for GonG Enthusiasts."
I've read the threads on the products I am considering, I just had a few more specific questions.

In the VRIP thread, on page 2, stonemonkey55 posted an email from the company where they explain why they aren't standard 14 or 18 mm GonG. I understand this, I just want a unit that is.

I'd really like to know what people think about the difference between using a GonG whip adapter to vape through a bong or getting a GonG fitted heating element. This is really the main question for me.

Edit: Sebastian from Herborizer just replied to my email about the joint sizes. Herborizer uses 18.8 mm joints. This is exciting news for me, as it means that the system is very versatile.

DMac,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Dmac - In the VRIP thread, on page 2, stonemonkey55 posted an email from the company where they explain why they aren't standard 14 or 18 mm GonG. I understand this, I just want a unit that is.
D, did you see this post in the Vrip thread? http://fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=20573#p20573

Dmac - I'd really like to know what people think about the difference between using a GonG whip adapter to vape through a bong or getting a GonG fitted heating element. This is really the main question for me.
Many like the versatility of whips...equally as many (afaik) like the taste of units that are mostly/all glass. However, soooo many other factors come into play (IMO), making it very difficult for someone to advise you about what would suit YOU the best.

IMO, your best bet is to 1) read whatever you can find (to increase the likelihood that you won't be saying "If I had only known, I would have gotten the ___ instead!"), 2) stop by the chat and talk with people who own various units, and 3) ask SPECIFIC questions (not previously covered) about units in the appropriate threads.

Dmac, your research definitely shows, but it still seems like you could find some of the answers you are looking for by reading the threads, writing the companies, etc. (the responsiveness of a company may also be a factor in your decision--plus you may get some new information that you'd be able to share with those whose time/insight you are requesting).

Hope this helps, and best wishes with your research/purchase!

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dmac - VRIP has 14 and 18 mm GonG bowls that will be availble within 2-3 weeks.

stonemonkey55,

Vape4therestofmylife

stonemonkey55 said:
Dmac - VRIP has 14 and 18 mm GonG bowls that will be availble within 2-3 weeks.
oh shit i might have to grab one of these
DMac said:
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. Not trying to start trouble. Just trying to get some advice on the purchase that's right for me. Maybe the thread is mis-titled. Should be, "Vaping for GonG Enthusiasts."
I've read the threads on the products I am considering, I just had a few more specific questions.

In the VRIP thread, on page 2, stonemonkey55 posted an email from the company where they explain why they aren't standard 14 or 18 mm GonG. I understand this, I just want a unit that is.

I'd really like to know what people think about the difference between using a GonG whip adapter to vape through a bong or getting a GonG fitted heating element. This is really the main question for me.

Edit: Sebastian from Herborizer just replied to my email about the joint sizes. Herborizer uses 18.8 mm joints. This is exciting news for me, as it means that the system is very versatile.
if you want to use you 14 mm or 19mm waterpipe with da buddha you can get a adpater for either 13 or 15.

Vape4therestofmylife,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
any vap can be use with a water pipe if you have the right connector !! I own an extreme with a bong and it rock ...really !!

Clear_Dome,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom