Magical Butter

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am gonna hang on to my sledge too just in case the tincture doesn't work. vapearts no guess to abv weight vs vg weight?

Dreamerr,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I am gonna hang on to my sledge too just in case the tincture doesn't work. vapearts no guess to abv weight vs vg weight?

Sorry, would love to help but i have not done anything with glycerin or ABV. I have lots of ABV but I have better stuff to use so I use that. So far I'm just a resource for the butter making. Plan to do coconut oil for gelatin capsules soon.

VapeArts,

lowkee00

Ok, so I am not understanding the mb2.

There is a temp and butter/oil/tincture option.

However, you have to pick the temp before the cycle. You can't just pick butter and it auto selects, you must hit temperature first.

So after making butter on 160 for 2 hours (not impressed), I have decided to try oil. I used 28g abv and 2 g fresh bud in 2 cups (min line) of vegetable oil. I did the temp at 220 and then hit oil.

Thoughts?

lowkee00,

lowkee00

1 hour on 220 got me a ton of super dark oil. However in filling to the line, I fear I have low potency, as I have 2 3/4 cups instead of 2 cups. I made a batch of 9x9 fudge brownies from the box. I used slightly more than the 3/4 cups oil they recommended.

I have super high tolerance, will report back. Next up for sure, those gelatin caps.

lowkee00,

Brayden

the dank one
Very good device. used 10-15 times now. 200 grams of butter, half oz of medicine, fill up just under the max line with water. hit *butter*. put finished product into a medium bowl. put into freezer. separate butter, watch closely scooping separated butter out. Extremely clean and easy to do. takes me 3-3:30 hours from start to finish to make brownies.

lowkee00

Reporting back and trying to figure out what the total potency might be. I got 3 batches of 9x9 brownies possible, with equivalent of .6g in each brownie (abv oil). I have to say I am I impressed. I ate probably 2 of them not expecting much, but not only did they taste good, I was rocketed in 2 hours and 6 hours later still feeling it. hmm, abv, who woulda thought?

Gotta say so far, oil is far better than butter for overall taste, yield and potency. I used 220 here also, where as butter was 160. A lot of butter burns also, whereas, the oil seems to retain and the herb leftover was hard and pressed or baked. It was so easy to clean, less than 5 min to clean, dry and back in the box.

Brayden

the dank one
amen lowkee. I love how clean this device makes the process. that and every other recipe ive used forces me to double the butter and than the cookies/brownies are overwhelmingly buttery. FOLLOW ALL RECIPES TO THE LETTER, ADD EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS FOR BUTTER (in canna-butter obviously) for best results. obvious to some, not for me lol

Brayden,

lowkee00

amen lowkee. I love how clean this device makes the process. that and every other recipe ive used forces me to double the butter and than the cookies/brownies are overwhelmingly buttery. FOLLOW ALL RECIPES TO THE LETTER, ADD EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS FOR BUTTER (in canna-butter obviously) for best results. obvious to some, not for me lol

I think the big thing for me is I don't understand the temperatures at all. Why give me an option for butter at 160-250? I get film at 160 where I bet at higher temperature makes it easier to work with and better extraction. Is there a reason to use oil at lower temps or higher temps? I always thought 220 was the perfect temp before.

Thoughts?

lowkee00,

lowkee00

The unit I have is completely preset. 5 buttons I believe. press a button, done

the mb 2 has temp modes - 160, 190, 220, 250 and then cycles, 1 hour (oil), 2 hours (butter), 4 hours (tincture), an 8 hr button, not sure why and a clean. you must have mb1.

fwiw. I just talked to a buddy who told me he ate one of my brownies this morning and passed out for 4 hours. MB2 rules!!!!!

Brayden

the dank one
Wow I only have the first one I guess lol, so much for being a professional after all, my technologies outdated! >.>

Brayden,

amyjune

Hi fellow MB2 owners! I have had my MB2 for about a week now. I am enamored with all of its functions and the ease of making butter which used to stink up my house for an entire DAY! What a relief to just throw everything in & press GO!:) and then the autoclean function...does it get better?!?
My main reason for buying this product was for butter and tincture. i made the butter...it was a cinch! however, effect was not gr8 :cry:...it must be my fault...i'm guessing i didn't add enough herb. damn! in the future, I will do coconut oil which i've read the absorbs the THC waaay better...who knows?
So...here's my experience with tincture: I put in 16oz of veg glycerin (can't use alcohol as i'm allergic...how much does THAT suck?!? LOL). Being the blonde that I am, it didn't occur to me that 8oz per container meant 2 cups...lol!! I would have rather had 3 cups & i had the soy lecithin in my cart but somehow managed to get home without it...der! K...the recipe I used:
2 cups veg glycerin
1 1/2 c. water
18g of 23% OG buds - very fresh & getting gr8 reviews.
set MB2 to 160 & hit the 4 hr tincture button...what an easy process! and believe it or not, the straining wasn't bad either
the bummer is: not a great high or pain relief at least not with the amounts i used (i tried 4 dropfuls and nuttin honey...that was after trying 1 dropful, then 2, and so on...so, I'm giving another go...
I put everything BACK into the machine (after all the straining...damn! :doh:) and added another 18g of J1 (23% as well) some mr nice shake(17%) I've had laying around(couple gr) and some trim that I didn't have any use for. So...end result should be super strong, right? if this doesn't do it, its going back.
I have a question for you guys (as I've learned a ton from reading your threads)...ive never been a big pot person but my Kaiser doc recommended that i start trying it as i got injured in 1996 (i'm 40 now---but CUTE and look MAYBE 26!:lol: for years I have been prescribed 8- 10/325 Norcos per day, 3 Somas, 100mg fentynyl patches every 3 days...and believe it or not, there is more...UGH! I really dont enjoy smoking (although I smoke cloves...figure that one out?!?) but I have found some rice krispy medibles that work wonders for about 5hrs...so obviously, that is what I am trying to re-create. It seems that my tolerance is extremely high (my boytoy has been smokin 4ever and uses half or what I do! ITS NOT FAIR!!! LOL)
I am praying the tincture rocks...should be finished soon (bout 30 min more & then I'm gonna give it a go so I can get some relief) Wish me luck?
Sorry for the extended ridiculous ramble...I don't get out much :bang:
any suggestions are welcome! Thank you for listening and thanks for your help...amy :rockon:

satyrday

^I vote that most entertaining post of the thread so far. Love your energy!

Sounds like you need more powerful extraction. Highest proof everclear is ideal IMO, but personally I wouldn't risk making it in the machine (unknown safety). There are good Green Dragon recipes if you can be very careful in the kitchen and i'd def avoid fire and use an electric cooktop and double boiler type technique with a jar (induction cooktops are great). Then you can evap the alcohol since you're allergic and stir the remaining goo into a hot pot of veg glycerin to preserve.

That's my best advice but maybe somebody will come along with all the secrets of how to maximize vegetable glycerine extraction straight away. It certainly is a safer substance to work with. Good luck!

satyrday,

Dreamerr

You know I have the vg and still didn't do it. Better extract would be good to know so maybe I can finally use the thing.

If I would do everclear and put it outside would that be safe? I can leave it on the porch and let it run. If that is safe I am willing to try it but would need to know how much abv to everclear and what else I would need to do.

Dreamerr,

satyrday

If I would do everclear and put it outside would that be safe? I can leave it on the porch and let it run. If that is safe I am willing to try it ...
Don't know if it would be safe or not, so don't want to encourage you. I should go ahead and try it sometime since I would take precautions out the wazoo, but even if it worked for me, that doesn't mean the next person wouldn't have a fire on their hands. So I don't want to say too much one way or the other. Sorry Dreamerr.

satyrday,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Most people use a lot less Everclear to make Green Dragon on their stovetops...I'm not sure I would be comfortable putting as much Everclear as is needed to be above the "minimum" line in the MB. But that's just me...

And if you do decide to try it...outside is the least of the many safety precautions to take...

bigtvapes

I gotta be honest... making butter isn't that hard. The hardest part is straining it, and once I get passed that the process is actually quite easy. This machine seems cool and all but at $175 a pop I have to pass.

bigtvapes,

lowkee00

I am not finding the 160 to be worthy. A cup of cooking oil at 220 for 1 hour was far superior to the same butter at 160. And did not lose 20%.

And fwiw. 90 min oil, cleanup, back in box. Brownies in 30 min, 15 to cool. Hair over 2 hours potent. Well worth 175.00 and no smell.

Dreamerr

Maybe raise the heat and/or increase the time with the butter?

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom