Auber Enail Discussion

damm

Also D-Nail replaced the Extended Life coil for free. They mentioned that their coils sometimes do have issues with the Auber RDK; I asked how long ago it was they tested it seemed like it had been some time. So I hope they revisit that.

the main thing I noticed between the D-Nail flat coil and the Auber is the size; Auber's is much thicker. It's also overall hotter (1.4 PSL on the flat coil vs the settings on auber's site (1.1 range)

thinner flat coil might work better with the sapphire dish that's a limited release...

damm,

Gigsabits53

Also D-Nail replaced the Extended Life coil for free. They mentioned that their coils sometimes do have issues with the Auber RDK; I asked how long ago it was they tested it seemed like it had been some time. So I hope they revisit that.

the main thing I noticed between the D-Nail flat coil and the Auber is the size; Auber's is much thicker. It's also overall hotter (1.4 PSL on the flat coil vs the settings on auber's site (1.1 range)

thinner flat coil might work better with the sapphire dish that's a limited release...

I have the Auber 300 and I was planning on getting a Liger, but I dont think I want to get involved with that due to all the issues the company is having in communicating with customers.

Can I go the D-nail route and use my flat coil from Auberins or do I need to get a D-nail coil? Sorry, I get confused on this stuff. :ugh:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I have the Auber 300 and I was planning on getting a Liger, but I dont think I want to get involved with that due to all the issues the company is having in communicating with customers.

Can I go the D-nail route and use my flat coil from Auberins or do I need to get a D-nail coil? Sorry, I get confused on this stuff. :ugh:
You can use your Auberins flat coil. I have an RDK200 with and Auberins flat coil and halo SiC setup and it is great!

Baron23

You can use your Auberins flat coil. I have an RDK200 with and Auberins flat coil and halo SiC setup and it is great!
Yep, I also have an Auber (300) and use it with my Liger 2.0 but I just ordered a D-nail Slim Series SiC Halo as another rig. I ordered the flat coil from D-nail as my Auber stuff is all barrel coil, but I do clearly plan to use my Auber with the D-nail and don't expect any issues.

YabbaDABBAdo

Nod on the auber rdk-300/200 all coils will work with any nail set up I currently am running a 30mm liger with sic insert and a dnail SiC/quartz/sapphire dishes I used dnail set up till 2 weeks ago when I got my liger and love every halo each one has it perks but I used he dnail set ups for months before the liger witch I also love the heat retention in it is crazy my temp might fluctuate +-3° at most vs halos witch can jump almost +- 20° But I found a trick to get it to +- 10° Is to sit the carb cap on the nail for about 30 seconds and then take your hit and since the cap isn't cold/or room temp it doesn't drop the temp soo much

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
A little off topic here...but did the liger 2.0 have a 30mm version or is that only in the liger 3.0?

nosmoking,

Gigsabits53

Yep, I also have an Auber (300) and use it with my Liger 2.0 but I just ordered a D-nail Slim Series SiC Halo as another rig. I ordered the flat coil from D-nail as my Auber stuff is all barrel coil, but I do clearly plan to use my Auber with the D-nail and don't expect any issues.

Ok thank you! This is some good news. I see they have SiC, quartz, and sapphire I think. I have used quartz bangers in the past and liked those alot. Is there a best way to go? Or is it more just personal preference?

Baron23

Ok thank you! This is some good news. I see they have SiC, quartz, and sapphire I think. I have used quartz bangers in the past and liked those alot. Is there a best way to go? Or is it more just personal preference?
So, I just set up my SiC Halo and its heat sinking right now.

I like SiC. It tastes good and is durable. Quartz, not so good on the taste. Sapphire is supposed to have the best taste (haven't tried one myself) but its expensive and much more delicate.

Personally, I would suggest going SiC and never looking back.

Gigsabits53

I like SiC. It tastes good and is durable. Quartz, not so good on the taste. Sapphire is supposed to have the best taste (haven't tried one myself) but its expensive and much more delicate.

Ok sounds good to me. I think I will get that setup.

I have heard sapphire is great but wow is it expensive!

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

Ok sounds good to me. I think I will get that setup.

I have heard sapphire is great but wow is it expensive!

Taste-wise Sapphire for the win, but it's expensive and fragile.
SiC is definitely the best from a cost/durability/performance standpoint.
I had Quartz, but never really used it much.

YabbaDABBAdo

I have all halos on slim series bases, I run 2 setups one with my dnail and other with liger, the quartz halo is my least favorite hard to keep clean compared to the rest and taste is good but nothing like SiC or sapphire, SiC is my go to dish durable very easy to clean and qtip clean and taste imo is better than quartz and almost on par with sapphire depending on temp, sapphire is the best for taste easier to keep clean than quartz but not as easy as SiC, I mainly use my sapphire on quality product and keep it under 600 due to how fragile the it is and you have to be carful how tight you make the retaining nut or as it heats up it expands and so does the coil and then crack 300 down the drain and it happend to my friend.
Definitely go with the SiC you can't go wrong and if you want to add a slightly better taste add the sapphire insert it matched with the SiC is where it's at for the money
Hope that helps

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Would any of you folks know if the SiC Halo setup will work with the Errlectric vortex carb cap?
Trying to figure out if I need to add a carb cap when I purchase. Thanks!

YabbaDABBAdo

Would any of you folks know if the SiC Halo setup will work with the Errlectric vortex carb cap?
Trying to figure out if I need to add a carb cap when I purchase. Thanks!
No halo must use dnail cap for best results hit wise I have yet to find another cap to fit my halos

And just curious do you have a custom coil made?, thought errlectric had a signature nail/coil set up so you had to use their nails

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
ok so pretty much one of my set ups you'll be having rdk-300 or 200 and looking to get a dnail halo set up right?can't go wrong with the SiC
and for best results with any halo their cap is a must
A very good setup indeed. While were on the dnail carb cap, can anyone recomend a link to a cheap dabber that fits in place of the forked dabber? I like keeping the carb cap and dabber seperate.

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Yesterday received the Auber RDK 200b, and their 16mm coil through the post. Still waiting on the NewVape Flowerpot so I can use the Auber kit. Also ordered a 16mm compatible quartz nail, just in case the FP is stuck in customs for weeks. And finally, got a Signstek K-Type digital thermometer to help calibrate the nail. Gonna read this thread again to see what I can glean for any settings I might need to look at.

I guess I'm wondering how likely this is to just work, straight out the box, without me fiddling with settings? Or is that a laughable notion? :)

Oh and I should add that Auber were VERY helpful indeed with customs declarations (completely unprompted by me). Sailed through customs, no extra charges to pay and only took a week to arrive.

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Yesterday received the Auber RDK 200b, and their 16mm coil through the post. Still waiting on the NewVape Flowerpot so I can use the Auber kit. Also ordered a 16mm compatible quartz nail, just in case the FP is stuck in customs for weeks. And finally, got a Signstek K-Type digital thermometer to help calibrate the nail. Gonna read this thread again to see what I can glean for any settings I might need to look at.

I guess I'm wondering how likely this is to just work, straight out the box, without me fiddling with settings? Or is that a laughable notion? :)

Oh and I should add that Auber were VERY helpful indeed with customs declarations (completely unprompted by me). Sailed through customs, no extra charges to pay and only took a week to arrive.
It should work right out of the box. Temp should be well calibrated to the coil, however keep in mind that the coil temp does not reflect the actual dish or dab surface temperature. Sometimes you have to set the coil temp much higher. For instance my RDK-200 is set to 645, however my dab surface is really only 530F.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Just grabbed the 300 on sale. I needed a barrel coil for a flower pot and accidentally leaving my nail on once made me *need* a timer. To make that convenient I would of needed an extension cord and it would of been a bit messy. Also there's a disturbingly high number of amazon reviews of timers catching fire on some of the most popular ones. Then I saw the Auber was on sale and said screw it, you can not burn the house down and spoil yourself at the same time.

Also I love that they put this in their description:
"The operation is intuitive and difficult to screw up."

Grifo

Man i want the 300 but why is shipping so high? Anyone got a discount code?

Grifo,

Grifo

$15 for me which I think is high for domestic shipping. Whatever i guess ill let it.

Grifo,

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
It should work right out of the box. Temp should be well calibrated to the coil, however keep in mind that the coil temp does not reflect the actual dish or dab surface temperature. Sometimes you have to set the coil temp much higher. For instance my RDK-200 is set to 645, however my dab surface is really only 530F.

Got it, ta. Worked very much straight out the box :)

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
Can someone explain the difference between the 200 and 300 models other than the obvious physical design change and auto-off feature?

thx
There are a few differences and in my opinion better and more important differences between the two.
First, the Delux has all of its connections in the back. Sexy and smart.

Second, it's got a beautifully anodized metal enclosure. Can you say durable and hard to scratch batman!

Third, it has built in Over Temperature Protection. Bonus!

Fourth, it's dials, buttons and beautiful white LED display are far better quality parts and pieces.

That white LED display and blackanodized metal housing makes it one of the best looking controllers outavailable currently. :love:

Most of the others look the same and outdated too. Boring! The only other sexy looking beast in my eyes comparatively is the HexNail.

For the price different between the two Aubers, it would be a no brainer for me. I'd go Deluxe on the Controller for sure. Cheah! :rockon:

ichibaneye,
Top Bottom