Auber Enail Discussion

Gigsabits53

I received my SiC Halo today. I gave it a quick iso clean and rinse, let dry while I searched for my dab rig. It seems like it has been years since I have used it. I dont get access to concentrates very often so the rig can go for months without use.

I got everything set up and took a medium size dab. The taste was very good. Better than anything I have tried. I set my dial to 760 on the Auber. I dont have a heat sensor gadget to tell my actual dish temp which bothers me. I just know the next item I purchase will be something to read that temp. Back through the thread I go. I know there were several of those gadgets mentioned earlier.

So far so good !! I will mess around with different temp settings and adjust I'm sure, but I think I made a solid purchase. Thanks again to FC for helping me figure out what setup to get.:)

YabbaDABBAdo

I set my dial to 760
whoa man that's way to high for SiC and getting the most out of your product you're missing the flavor most importantly drop that temperature to at least 620° i run my SiC halo on my rdk 300 at 585° with huge clouds and amazing flavor
you're not doing anything wrong you can keep hitting it like that but to get the most effect out of your product you must drop the temperature to get the flavor profile and not as harsh of a hit

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
whoa man that's way to high for SiC and getting the most out of your product you're missing the flavor most importantly drop that temperature to at least 620° i run my SiC halo on my rdk 300 at 585° with huge clouds and amazing flavor
you're not doing anything wrong you can keep hitting it like that but to get the most effect out of your product you must drop the temperature to get the flavor profile and not as harsh of a hit
Are you 585 on the dial? He said 760 on the dial which is probably about 630-660 on the dish but really can vary from unit to unit even with similar setups. I run 645ish on the dial which is really only 530 when checked by a thermo. I think @Gigsabits53 had the right idea getting a thermo next to help dial in those temps. There really is no telling where he is tempwise but I agree with you yabs that he is probably running much hotter than he should be to thoroughly achieve the benefits of SiC.

YabbaDABBAdo

Are you 585 on the dial? He said 760 on the dial which is probably about 630-660 on the dish but really can vary from unit to unit even with similar setups. I run 645ish on the dial which is really only 530 when checked by a thermo. I think @Gigsabits53 had the right idea getting a thermo next to help dial in those temps. There really is no telling where he is tempwise but I agree with you yabs that he is probably running much hotter than he should be to thoroughly achieve the benefits of SiC.
yes I agree on the dial setting and the dish setting is going to be different but yes a good Thermocoupler will get you where you want to be

YabbaDABBAdo

If your 585 on your dial, what are you on your coil? Sounds like you might have yours tuned pretty well
dunno don't have a Thermocoupler I personally go buy affect taste and for full vaporization I start with an average dial temperature of 600° and then I go from there adjusting depending on material size of hit
but I found a trick to the halo carb caps stick the carb cap on your nail for approximately 30 seconds as the temperature reaches the set temp apply dab and dab on with no real drop in temp

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
dunno don't have a Thermocoupler I personally go buy affect taste and for full vaporization I start with an average dial temperature of 600° and then I go from there adjusting depending on material size of hit
but I found a trick to the halo carb caps stick the carb cap on your nail for approximately 30 seconds as the temperature reaches the set temp apply dab and dab on with no real drop in temp
Thats what I did until last weekend when I finally got a used thermo. I was pretty much right on the money tho going by taste and performance so I wouldn't doubt you are far off either. I have seen the carb cap tip mentioned on here before and also noticed it long ago when accidently leaving the cap on between hits. It does work quite well.

Gigsabits53

Thanks for the responses guys. I will definitely dial it down. I have only used it the one time so I will do a much lower temp before bed.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was lucky enough to get my flower pot, auber 300, and tubo (and flam) on the same day.

IMG_20170726_182635.jpg

Grifo

Does anyone else have a hard time using the rdk 300 knobs button? Can you change the set temp when the unit is heating up?

Grifo,

YabbaDABBAdo

Does anyone else have a hard time using the rdk 300 knobs button? Can you change the set temp when the unit is heating up?
are you having a hard time pressing the knob down and it not working well? cause i had that happen and i have a resolution

YabbaDABBAdo,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Weird, I don't think mine has been tough to press. I'll check it out tonight. I still need to figure out how to set up the timer. It's one of the main reasons I got it and I keep forgetting to look it up.

StormyPinkness,

Grifo

Weird, I don't think mine has been tough to press. I'll check it out tonight. I still need to figure out how to set up the timer. It's one of the main reasons I got it and I keep forgetting to look it up.
The default on mine is an hour which is fine, i also turn it on and off quickly when i need more time.

well then i don't know what to tell you sorry to hear hope you get is fixed or worked out
It worked thanks a lot!

YabbaDABBAdo

The default on mine is an hour which is fine, i also turn it on and off quickly when i need more time.

It worked thanks a lot!
- hold knob down for 8 second or till screen changes
-adjust bottom number to 166
-press knob down 6 time till the top says ATO and you see the bottom number in minutes
-once selected time press knob to set time and it will put you back to normal screen

be aware the adjustment screen only stay up for about 5 seconds then automatically goes back to normal temp screen for safety i guess but make sure you press the knob to set the number and it saves it

not a problem glad to help

YabbaDABBAdo

It's a very nice controller. I'm sure you will get alot of use out of it.
definitely a solid unit I run mine all day pretty much it's on except for when I sleep and when I'm out of the house or unattended, but once you start to use the ato it's great for medicating just before sleep but i constantly and changing temperatures and the ATO and still working great for 8 months so far with that usage gone through one coil so far but auber was ok dealing with a replacement

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I was trying to get my rdk 300 up to 950 and anything above 900 made the temp fluctuate up and down over and over and click. Thankfully someone helped me figure out there's a cut off temp setting and it's default is 900.

#Code 155
HL 999 (default 900)

Grifo

I was trying to get my rdk 300 up to 950 and anything above 900 made the temp fluctuate up and down over and over and click. Thankfully someone helped me figure out there's a cut off temp setting and it's default is 900.

#Code 155
HL 999 (default 900)
Hmm I noticed this too.

Top Bottom