Auber Enail Discussion

reskey

It's normal, but you might be able to get it a little better by programming the pid and not having a carb cap that touches the coil. There is some info up a couple posts about PID settings, but read the manual first. Not that difficult to re-program.

reskey,

heady blunts

just got an rdk-300 and i love it so far!

i'm not able to fit the flat coil between the heat retaining washer and the SiC halo on my d-nail slim line nail. the top nut won't reach the threads with it arranged in that order. i've been using it nut>halo>heat retaining washer>flat coil heater>heat sink, but i don't think that's the way it was intended/designed.

it works at least! i'm having lovely dabs of my rosin at 660* on the dial.

i also get a drop of over 10* when i take my dabs.

my last enail was analog so this is all new to me.

ps---i love the auto shut-off timer! i'm pretty sure i broke the analog nail by leaving it on for too many days in a row...:p:doh::D

Monsoon

just got an rdk-300 and i love it so far!

i'm not able to fit the flat coil between the heat retaining washer and the SiC halo on my d-nail slim line nail. the top nut won't reach the threads with it arranged in that order. i've been using it nut>halo>heat retaining washer>flat coil heater>heat sink, but i don't think that's the way it was intended/designed.

it works at least! i'm having lovely dabs of my rosin at 660* on the dial.

i also get a drop of over 10* when i take my dabs.

my last enail was analog so this is all new to me.

ps---i love the auto shut-off timer! i'm pretty sure i broke the analog nail by leaving it on for too many days in a row...:p:doh::D
That's the order I have mine in with my Halo's, the Auber coils are slightly taller than D-Nail's so that's why it doesn't fit.

One tip for the auto-shutoff, after your dab jack up the temp to 900F or so for cleaning and then just let it turn itself off by itself. That way you should have a pretty clean dish every time you take a dab.

reskey

I don't think it is supposed to be used with coils, heat retaining part. I believe it is for torch application.

reskey,

Monsoon

I don't think it is supposed to be used with coils, heat retaining part. I believe it is for torch application.
It was designed to be used with the D-Nail Halo dishes, specifically the sapphire. In the end they didn't find a difference in using it but I prefer it and it makes swapping dishes easier.

getsoutalive

Can someone explain the difference between the 200 and 300 models other than the obvious physical design change and auto-off feature?

thx

getsoutalive,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
^^^ and the cords come out the back on the 300, instead of the front (200).

Oh, and the display is white on the 300, red on the 200.

I have 200 and like the plugs in the front as I've been changing back and forth between flat and barrel coils.
The 300 is good lookin' though.

reskey

Along the way, my power cord failed twice. I warrantied it once, and then that one expired recently. After talking with Auber on my warranty call, I was expecting that to happen.

I also went through one flat coil. I have no idea what the lifespan is of a coil? When I initially bought my RDK300, I used it everyday for about 7 months. After an extended break to go back to my quartz & torch nails, the coil gave up pretty quickly. I did some googling, and came across some posts about turning the PID on & off during a session shortening the life of the coil. I think I might fall into that category. I did notice some strange temp drops when dabbing before the failure, and then the eventual no go anywhere temps. No worries, the new coil has the PID temps fluctuating minimally now when dabbing.

reskey,

YabbaDABBAdo

Hey fellow dabberz I'm in the market for a new enail set up and I have a few questions for anyone using the halo sic dish from dnail and the slim series bases with the auber flat coil I am having a hard time finding if the diameter of the sic halo dish and if it will be a proper fit

Also getting the liger and wondering is the flat coil will work also

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Hey fellow dabberz I'm in the market for a new enail set up and I have a few questions for anyone using the halo sic dish from dnail and the slim series bases with the auber flat coil I am having a hard time finding if the diameter of the sic halo dish and if it will be a proper fit

I've used both of those combos and they will definitely work together.

Auber flat w/ Halo
Auber flat w/ Liger

Halo diameter = 28mm

YabbaDABBAdo

I've used both of those combos and they will definitely work together.

Auber flat w/ Halo
Auber flat w/ Liger

Halo diameter = 28mm

thanks for the info that saves me a couple hundred dollars on my purchase since I have the halo already I was still on the fence about a controller but after reading and reading and searching it seems like the auber is the a way to go (unless someone chimes in with proof why others are worth the money) and one other thing about the auber is I will be ordering my liger sooner with the savings
Now just to make the final decision

Monsoon

You might need to skip the washer unless you have the newer stem where one end is longer.

thanks for the info that saves me a couple hundred dollars on my purchase since I have the halo already I was still on the fence about a controller but after reading and reading and searching it seems like the auber is the a way to go (unless someone chimes in with proof why others are worth the money) and one other thing about the auber is I will be ordering my liger sooner with the savings
Now just to make the final decision

Go with the RDK-300 if you can, it's overall nicer with a removable power cord. Depending on your budget and affinity for risk with new products, I would also consider the Hex-Nail. Full customization for temp control and built in profile for popular nails like the Halo. First batch is shipping soon so hopefully there will be user reviews by the end of the month or so.

YabbaDABBAdo

You might need to skip the washer unless you have the newer stem where one end is longer.

Go with the RDK-300 if you can, it's overall nicer with a removable power cord. Depending on your budget and affinity for risk with new products, I would also consider the Hex-Nail. Full customization for temp control and built in profile for popular nails like the Halo. First batch is shipping soon so hopefully there will be user reviews by the end of the month or so.

Wow I'm very impressed with the Hex-Nail just a lil weary about the "new technology" seems great hopfully I can hear some reviews soon since I'm still undecided from it seems to be top notch and for the price it's not too bad compared to the other high end models will be waiting to hear more about it

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: Monsoon

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hoping for a bit of help here since Auberins have not responded in over a week, even though they offered to help...

I bought an RDK-200 controller and a thermocouple from them to convert my Sublimator into a digital Sub.
It is all connected and works well! I just cannot get the temps to match each other on the displays and it is quite annoying.

When the controller is set to 550 the display reads around 460.
Ideally i would like them to be pretty close to make adjustments easier and to have an idea of what temp i am actually at!

I have read and not really understood the manual and supplementary manual and thus do not want to make large, uneducated changes.

Basically i just want the set temp to closely match the read temp on the head of the Sub.
Any ideas on where to start?

This is the controller:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459

And the thermocouple:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_3&products_id=144

And a pic of the setup:
naO6c6J.jpg

Last heat test was up to 550 but the actual read temp is at 476

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

YabbaDABBAdo

Hey everyone well I got my auber Rdk-300 with flat coil and dnail slim series SiC halo dish and sapphire insert and carb cap. I'm very pleased with my investment for my fist experience in owning one have used many others but for the price it's great. I have had it about a week now the both came in on the same day so no waiting. I cleaned it with ISO and wiped clean then set it up and started dabbing, amazing taste, I had it programmed from auber by Kevin for the flat coil so it would work great and it's spot on except for one minor issue. When I throw a dab on and size doesn't really matter it will drop 15/20 degrees as I hit and carb it ( I know they drop in temp just not that drastic ), then after I'm done pulling it rises back up and goes over by +-5 degrees which I don't mind. Anyone have the same issue and what have you done to fix it seems from the auber manual to adjust d rating but unsure?
Also any tips on cleaning and keeping it clean? Wipe with q-tip and water or ISO? Any others
And what temps have you been using?started out at magic number 710 but found it harsh dropped it to ~650ish and it was great just too much left over melt, raised it to 685 and love it but what temps you like for sic and they were out of stock on the sapphire inserts will shipped out Monday can't wait for it to crank it up but any input would be great
Have a good one

Last edited:
YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Baron23

Hoping for a bit of help here since Auberins have not responded in over a week, even though they offered to help...

I bought an RDK-200 controller and a thermocouple from them to convert my Sublimator into a digital Sub.
It is all connected and works well! I just cannot get the temps to match each other on the displays and it is quite annoying.

When the controller is set to 550 the display reads around 460.
Ideally i would like them to be pretty close to make adjustments easier and to have an idea of what temp i am actually at!

I have read and not really understood the manual and supplementary manual and thus do not want to make large, uneducated changes.

Basically i just want the set temp to closely match the read temp on the head of the Sub.
Any ideas on where to start?

This is the controller:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=459

And the thermocouple:
http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_3&products_id=144

And a pic of the setup:
naO6c6J.jpg

Last heat test was up to 550 but the actual read temp is at 476

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
So, just to make sure we are talking the same thing...and to clear up the lexicon a bit. Your 'set point' looks to be 600F but your the thermocouple in your coil is reporting 470 and is consistently quite a bit off.

I'm not an expert by any means, but:

1. Let's clear this up first...did you make any setting changes to your Auber?
2. Its quite possible you have a bad coil and either its not heating correctly or (perhaps more likely) the thermocouple in the coil is bad and reporting erroneous low temps.
3. I don't know much about Sublimators (really nothing at all) but, how long have you let it run at a set point for it to reach equilibrium. The Sub looks like a whole bunch of metal that needs to also be brought up to speed by conduction of the heat from the coil throughout the metal of the Sub. As you pump in heat to the coil, there is certainly a lag before all that metal heat soaks up to your set temp.

If I had to guess, and if you let this rig sit and soak for a bit and still have this problem, then my guess would be bad TC in the coil.

They are in GA. Have you called them?

Baron23,

YabbaDABBAdo

Hey everyone well I got my auber Rdk-300 with flat coil and dnail slim series SiC halo dish and sapphire insert and carb cap. I'm very pleased with my investment for my fist experience in owning one have used many others but for the price it's great. I have had it about a week now the both came in on the same day so no waiting. I cleaned it with ISO and wiped clean then set it up and started dabbing, amazing taste, I had it programmed from auber by Kevin for the flat coil so it would work great and it's spot on except for one minor issue. When I throw a dab on and size doesn't really matter it will drop 15/20 degrees as I hit and carb it ( I know they drop in temp just not that drastic ), then after I'm done pulling it rises back up and goes over by +-5 degrees which I don't mind. Anyone have the same issue and what have you done to fix it seems from the auber manual to adjust d rating but unsure?
Also any tips on cleaning and keeping it clean? Wipe with q-tip and water or ISO? Any others
And what temps have you been using?started out at magic number 710 but found it harsh dropped it to ~650ish and it was great just too much left over melt, raised it to 685 and love it but what temps you like for sic and they were out of stock on the sapphire inserts will shipped out Monday can't wait for it to crank it up but any input would be great
Have a good one

Hey guys so I just wanted to give a little update if anyone was having the same issues with the Rd-300 and the temp dropping -20/25 degree when placing a small or lager dab. I contacted auber and they told me to adujsut the p value from 125 to 100 and if that didn't work go down to 70 and I must say 70 seems to be pretty nice. The temp drops 10/15 degrees when an average hit is taken, also to add when I dab at first it stays steady at temp for a few seconds and then drops 10/15* but when it drops it almost automatically rises back to the set temperature within 5-8 seconds, then stays steady while pulling and rise maybe 5* after hit.

Anyone have any other tips or settings to keep it stable or is that fluctuation normal for the unit?

I'm at temp or 685-695 depending on how I want the hit to feel using the SiC halo from dnail. I have cleaned it once in the 2 weeks of owning it and now have found using a qtip to wipe clean after most dabs helps out to keep it way cleaner, Was worried that it might affect the taste.

YabbaDABBAdo,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Top Bottom