AtmosRaw

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Southernboy, just wondering if you have noticed anything that would make you not want to keep this unit, besides the combustion? Any other deal beakers to mention?

jambandphan03,
For me personally not really, I've heard different thru different websites and youtube videos but im not to picky. The minimal combustion is the only complaint i have but to each there own

southernboy171,
let me know what you think tomorrow. And is it only 7 days to return to get store credit? Im just afraid there only gonna keep making oil vapes which is pointless for me considering i live in Miami and do not have a medical card.

southernboy171,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I am not sure what all they are making. Please let us know how the return goes if you choose to return it. Might be worth calling them and speaking with somebody so you can make a more informed choice about the credit.

***The notice of exchange or return has to be made in writing. In the event of a return or exchange, we require that you return the goods to us at your own cost. In order to help with the return of your order you must obtain a Return Number (RN) by emailing us at info@AtmosRAW.com within the cancellation period.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Well, I just sent them an email asking about returns and credit, and what they have to offer...we'll see what happens.

jambandphan03,

OF

southernboy171 said:
let me know what you think tomorrow. And is it only 7 days to return to get store credit? Im just afraid there only gonna keep making oil vapes which is pointless for me considering i live in Miami and do not have a medical card.

Tough call, for sure. The future is never a given, and in cases like this even more so. Or is that less so? Hard to predict, dangerous to make plans on.

As I read this, if you return it for credit in time and they don't come up with something better you can always get another one? If the window closes, you own it. If a better model comes along you have to pay full price.

Stiff rules, I don't recall any like them off hand. But I guess once they have your money, they have your money? In a MMJ state you'd also have the option of refund through Visa or whomever I suppose.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
southernboy171 said:
Well heres some good news, i put the screen in and there's zero combustion now or smoke. Just vape

How is the vapor production now that there is no combustion?

Gonzo,
hard to compare because now when I'm hitting 9 second hits its nothing like what it used to be, i feel like the screen takes away a lot of the heat. so now i have no idea like to do, i think i like it better with some combustion. I wanna hear from others though

southernboy171,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
If the fix is that simple and the battery life stays the same this could still turn out to be a winner. What about doing two 9 second cycles back to back with the screen in spacing your hit? Just throwing out ideas. I was about to pull the trigger on this yesterday but hesitated because of the combustion issue. I like the idea of them releasing a screen specifically for this unit.

Gonzo,

theVaporSpot

Retailer
we tried an NO2 screen...it cut the bowl size down quite a bit...was a lot of work to get a hit...and what we did get was so damn wispy it wasn't worth it...that 9 second cutoff workin against ya in that scenario...
so either combustion or weak ass 9 second drags? meh
JJ

theVaporSpot,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
What kind of screen did you use southernboy? I have the standard round, flexible, mesh stainless screens you would find at any smoke shop. Are you using one like that or one that is a stiff metal disk with holes? Does it contour to the inside of the heating chamber, making contact, or does it sit just above it, not making full contact? I don't know what a NO2 screen looks like.

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
That looks like a pretty dense screen. The ones I have look a bit thinner with a looser weave. I wonder if that will make any difference on how much heat is transferring. I am pretty sure I got them from Amazon. Back to speculation, but if that does end up being a fix, I'm ok with that.

jambandphan03,
Just took the screen out and hit it again to decide on what was better, for highness i would recommend no screen at all that's for sure. And my screen was directly on top making contact.

southernboy171,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ok, good to know, thanks for testing that out. I'll do the same with my standard head shop style screen and see if it's any different. Otherwise, if it works as a smoker, I guess I'll have me a smoker. heyuck heyuck!

jambandphan03,

2clicker

Observer
Gonzo said:
I like the idea of them releasing a screen specifically for this unit.

as do i. it makes me wonder what other products they are working on. IMO the Raw is the nicest looking, most functional, and discreet vape in its class. the combustion part ruins it though. if they can make a solution to that with either a mod to the Raw or a new vape altogether im on board.

still would be nice to see some MFR support in here.

2clicker,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
2clicker said:
Gonzo said:
I like the idea of them releasing a screen specifically for this unit.

as do i. it makes me wonder what other products they are working on. IMO the Raw is the nicest looking, most functional, and discreet vape in its class. the combustion part ruins it though. if they can make a solution to that with either a mod to the Raw or a new vape altogether im on board.

still would be nice to see some MFR support in here.

I think a thin screen with larger holes similar to those on the TV would allow for good heat flow as well as separation of the material and heat source (All just speculation on my part).

Gonzo,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Mine is on the truck, should be here any time now. I will try the thin screen I have, looks way thinner than the one southernboy used. Soon... come on UPS truck! :lol: screen package says .812 don't know the mesh count.

jambandphan03,

mephisto

Well I hate to be the one.....Especially since I just paid $200+ for some bubble wrap, and a
sweet stirring tool, oh, and a little brush. I did not get a vaporizer, I got ripped off by slick
marketing! BUYER BEWARE!!@!! This thing is a TURD! Do not buy it!!!! I may get banned for
speaking so strongly, but if it saves some other vaper's cash, so be it! The Atmosraw is an
e-cig battery with a nichrome wire coil as a heater. Your herb sits right on the coil, unless you
try putting a screen in the chamber. Now your herb is up off the coil, good luck getting anything
out of it. No vapor, no smoke, just a shitty new mouthful of regret!!
Fair warning.
I am pissed that I trashed a good screen in the effort.........
I would like to think this would be a lesson to me, but I will keep searching,,,
Out of the dozen or so vapes I own or have owned, this is the only outright POS....
Vape on.

Kaptan

mephisto said:
Well I hate to be the one.....Especially since I just paid $200+ for some bubble wrap, and a
sweet stirring tool, oh, and a little brush. I did not get a vaporizer, I got ripped off by slick
marketing! BUYER BEWARE!!@!! This thing is a TURD! Do not buy it!!!! I may get banned for
speaking so strongly, but if it saves some other vaper's cash, so be it! The Atmosraw is an
e-cig battery with a nichrome wire coil as a heater. Your herb sits right on the coil, unless you
try putting a screen in the chamber. Now your herb is up off the coil, good luck getting anything
out of it. No vapor, no smoke, just a shitty new mouthful of regret!!
Fair warning.
I am pissed that I trashed a good screen in the effort.........
I would like to think this would be a lesson to me, but I will keep searching,,,
Out of the dozen or so vapes I own or have owned, this is the only outright POS....
Vape on.
Contact the mfgr and get your store credit. I'm sure the credit is probably better than having the vape.....er um combuster.

Kaptan,
Top Bottom