Atmos Boss

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I add a small screen on the top of my load to prevent clogging mp....it works for me...but airflow is very restricted with this device

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Have zero airflow issues from my gunky screen (placed metal holes facing herb) and airflow is vastly improved when I added a screen to the bottom of the chamber to add space for airflow. It's pretty comparable to a Solo's airflow now.

Highly recommend the basket screen on the bottom, after I load I normally pull it back up a little.

I'm also not using the ceramic filter, I moved the default screen to where you screw in the mouthpiece.

Meach

Once you add the screen to the bottom and take out the ceramic filter it defiantly improves the air flow..after these minor tweaks this pen does get you well medicated and does give decent clouds..it's a great pen for a quick session..still grossly overpriced by atmos dealers $100 with an extra chamber and mp then I think it's a good buy but for the msrp of $150 there is better options. I enjoy mine and glad it was bought for me

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
It's all a page back
I abuse it pretty bad with 4-6 runs a session, 3 a day should be fine. Highly recommend these I paid 39 dollar shipping with 16 dollars for each Boss. Shipping was DHL Express, came within the week.

http://eco-shinetech.en.alibaba.com/

I personally spoke with shelly@eco-shinetech.com, they may bother you about buying more in the future, they offered to send me a replacement unit when I purchased again.

The DaVinci they sent me was top notch as well.

They emailed me their product list, Boss isn't on their site but they should have it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Ngh9A8CYB7TWtjNnEtTEJhMy1uWGJybmRxZHVBSWxLLVhr/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Has anyone really purchased this from overseas?
Is it coming from the same Atmos manufacturer or a cheap knock off?
I don't want o go through all the hassle of waiting weeks for this is its a piece of sh*t. And I need discreet shipping.

This link is $30 with free shipping via Singapore post.. I'm not feeling this is a safe/legit transaction.

Any input?
The seller I listed ships express DHL, took 5 days from China, 16 dollars unit and 39 dollar shipping; the units I received don't appear to be "knock offs" or are pieces of shit.

Here's the performance video in case you guys missed on the page back:

Atmos gets their products from China they aren't creative or making any original vaporizers. Just overpriced branding.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiffiCan

I made around 50 purchases from Aliexpress so far and they are always dicreet, they always mark them as gifts and always mark the values lower.
I never purchased anything from Alibaba, but I think it's one and the same company.
Whether it's Singapore or China post or DHL you are just paying extra for the ammount of time for it to get to you, depends how quickly you wanna get it.
Also I noticed some list shipping with DHL, but they might sometimes ship your package after 2 weeks of you paying for it, so you are not getting it that fast anyway.
I always pick the cheapest way, usually China and Singapore post it's 2-4 weeks.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I just purchased one of these units at a local store and so far I love it. I've always been a combustion guy but recently I decided to try to go the strictly vapor route. I have only owned and used one vape before, an Iolite, which I had a few years ago. Overall I was satisfied with it, but it was too plasticky, in taste and design. I would still have it but I quit medicating for a while and got rid of it. Enough talking about that, I just wanted to give a frame of reference for my overall experience with vapes.

Usually I research products before I buy them but this was a bit of an impulse buy for me. I kind of regretted it after leaving the store but after having a chance to use it I think it was the perfect choice for me.

As far as the things I like about the Boss, it is very stealthy and portable. The build quality is very good, it seems durable but I just got it so I can't say for sure. The battery life is great, it exceeded my expectations. Most importantly, it medicates very well. I don't get huge dense clouds, but I'm not really looking for that anyways. It does produce fairly large amounts of visible vapor. Flavor is decent as well, probably slightly above average for its temp range.

I don't have many dislikes about it, but there are a few. The number one issue is the small bowl size. It's definitely intended more for solo use although you could probably just barely make it work for two people. Minor issues for me are the light and mouthpiece. The light at the bottom is very bright and takes a little away from the stealth factor. I would prefer a small, discreet led like the one on its side but it's not a big deal. The material for the mouthpiece, I'm not sure if it is rubber or silicone, does not get hot at all which is great. However, I would prefer as pure of a vapor path as possible, while still being portable and durable (no glass). It would be cool if they could offer other mouthpieces as accessories, maybe ceramic or titanium. Glass might even be nice for home use. I only say this because I think it might slightly improve the flavor, although I could be wrong on that.

Now the controversial, much has already been discussed about the session time. To me, in my limited experience, it's actually a bonus. I also have unique consumption habits. I used to pack a bowl, take one or two hits, then wait 10-15 and take one more, wait 10-15 minutes again, etc. I like to slowly medicate as it helps titrate my dose. The auto shutoff on the Boss is almost a non issue, as you can turn it back on immediately. I find it more of a safety feature anyway, that way it won't get too hot, waste the battery, or combust your material. My lungs usually need a brief rest anyway. I find it works best to do what I call a double session, use it for a full cycle, wait 30-60 seconds and then turn it back on. You don't even have to wait for the light to turn blue again on the second cycle to get vapor with this method as the oven is already warm. I will usually do another double session 10-20 minutes later to finish the bowl. The first double session gives me 3-4 hits of good quality visible vapor per cycle. The second double session gives me 2-3 barely visible wisps of decent quality. Stirring it can squeeze out a hit or two in one single cycle, but the vapor isn't that great so I usually don't bother.

As far as usage, I recommend drawing as slow and long as possible. I don't think it is possible to combust with the Boss, so no worries there. The vapor and mouthpiece have never been hot or uncomfortable either, which is one issue I had with my Iolite. I don't own a grinder as I'm a bit of a minimalist, and I haven't had any issue there either. I have tried breaking it up pretty fine and pretty chunky too. I have tried filling the oven partially and full, tamping and not. It works fairly consistently under any of those circumstances. I find the most important thing is to use the full height of the chamber. For instance if you have enough material to fill half the oven don't tamp it down to half height, loosely pack it so it takes up as much height as possible. Grind size seems to cause small differences to vapor volume. I'm still experimenting but I think I might prefer to leave it a little chunky as it seems to allow for more sessions per bowl with a small reduction in vapor volume. I think grinding it extremely fine with a grinder might allow for some fairly milky clouds with much fewer sessions per bowl, probably two cycles to fully utilize the material. I plan on purchasing a Medtainer soon so I will definitely be trying this method just to see if milky clouds are possible.

Well that's my initial review of the Atmos Boss, I would be happy to answer any questions so feel free to ask. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been active since March.

Last edited:
Vapor_Eyes,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. How long did it take for them to die? Were they official Atmos Boss batteries or grey market?
Grey, I purchased them from ali along with a DaVinci I have a video of usage a couple pages back if you want to compare with yours but being it was just the 2 dollar battery that failed and atmos wants 40 for it it's not a big deal, plus I only paid 16 dollars for each boss.

The first battery I over tightened on the charger, second died after a few weeks. I can't imagine the official to be any different considering Atmos gets their products overseas anyway, the unit and heating chamber worked well the Grenco and Atmos ecig style units are cheap.

The DaVinci is still running great.

Edit, noticed I reposted the video info on this page, this thread really has been dead.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Wow, I'm going to be pretty upset if my battery only lasts a few weeks. I'll have to look into the DaVinci. I've read quite a bit about portable vapes but there are so many models and then rebrands on top of that so it gets to be a little overwhelming.

Vapor_Eyes,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Wow, I'm going to be pretty upset if my battery only lasts a few weeks. I'll have to look into the DaVinci. I've read quite a bit about portable vapes but there are so many models and then rebrands on top of that so it gets to be a little overwhelming.
DaVinci is alright but honestly not worth the investment in this stage in vaping, too many better options. When it came to usage I definitely chose the Boss over it.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Do your batteries have the spring loaded connector? I see on the Atmos website that they claim that is a patent protected feature. It also mentions a PCB safety microchip sensor. Perhaps the grey market models omit one or both of these features to save money?

Even though I'm fairly new to vaping I know pretty well how the Chinese manufacturing sector works. Most grey market and counterfeit products are made by the same manufacturer as the official product. Sometimes they leave out certain features to save money, sometimes they use the parts that weren't up to official specs, sometimes it's the exact same quality product.

I am now aware that Atmos doesn't have the best track record so there is a good chance all of the batteries have faults and your Boss is identical to mine. I hope my battery holds out because the functionality of the unit is near perfect for me. I am already considering buying a second battery so I never have to wait for it to charge. Or I might just buy a different vape instead, I love to try new things. I can already see that I may have acquired an expensive habit lol.

On a side note, does anyone know if it is possible to use wax with the Boss? I'm pretty much a flower only guy but I have access to wax and I wouldn't mind experimenting if possible. I don't want a specific concentrate only unit as it's not something I plan on using much.

Vapor_Eyes,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Do your batteries have the spring loaded connector? I see on the Atmos website that they claim that is a patent protected feature. It also mentions a PCB safety microchip sensor. Perhaps the grey market models omit one or both of these features to save money?

Even though I'm fairly new to vaping I know pretty well how the Chinese manufacturing sector works. Most grey market and counterfeit products are made by the same manufacturer as the official product. Sometimes they leave out certain features to save money, sometimes they use the parts that weren't up to official specs, sometimes it's the exact same quality product.

I am now aware that Atmos doesn't have the best track record so there is a good chance all of the batteries have faults and your Boss is identical to mine. I hope my battery holds out because the functionality of the unit is near perfect for me. I am already considering buying a second battery so I never have to wait for it to charge. Or I might just buy a different vape instead, I love to try new things. I can already see that I may have acquired an expensive habit lol.

On a side note, does anyone know if it is possible to use wax with the Boss? I'm pretty much a flower only guy but I have access to wax and I wouldn't mind experimenting if possible. I don't want a specific concentrate only unit as it's not something I plan on using much.
You can use other attachments with that battery but the chamber isn't good for wax. Mine seemed pretty legit compared to the one at my LHS. Atmos didnt patent anything and aren't original but this protection feature must be for the chamber because the battery fired on everything, kiss carts eo cart, 510 ecig atty.

Check out the TVape if you want something that hits harder. It's still my favorite pen style vape.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I actually read about the PCB microchip safety sensor on the page for the extra battery on Atmos's website so I'm pretty sure it isn't related to the chamber. And I don't doubt that Atmos didn't patent anything, that's why I used the word claims.

because the battery guarded I fired on everything

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, probably a typo. I'm guessing you're saying the battery fit everything you tried it on?

You didn't mention if your batteries have the spring loaded connector they claim is patented. My battery has a post in the center that is spring loaded, you can press it down with your finger easily. I doubt this impacts reliability much, I was just asking because their website mentions it as being unique so I thought it might be a differentiation factor.

I want to thank you for your help answering my questions PaytonPenn. I checked out the DaVinci, wasn't impressed but the Ascent looks intriguing, I plan on checking out its reputation here, I'll also look for a TVape thread.

Vapor_Eyes,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I actually read about the PCB microchip safety sensor on the page for the extra battery on Atmos's website so I'm pretty sure it isn't related to the chamber. And I don't doubt that Atmos didn't patent anything, that's why I used the word claims.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, probably a typo. I'm guessing you're saying the battery fit everything you tried it on?

You didn't mention if your batteries have the spring loaded connector they claim is patented. My battery has a post in the center that is spring loaded, you can press it down with your finger easily. I doubt this impacts reliability much, I was just asking because their website mentions it as being unique so I thought it might be a differentiation factor.

I want to thank you for your help answering my questions PaytonPenn. I checked out the DaVinci, wasn't impressed but the Ascent looks intriguing, I plan on checking out its reputation here, I'll also look for a TVape thread.
On mobile edited the post, added extra words. By accident.

Yes mine was spring loaded. I ended up overtightening a battery and the spring broke out along with the metal contact plate.

It wasnt a good fit but the battery didnt care about sub ohm protection or anything once I was able to force contact it would fire whichever cart.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
On mobile edited the post, added extra words. By accident.

Yes mine was spring loaded. I ended up overtightening a battery and the spring broke out along with the metal contact plate.

It wasnt a good fit but the battery didnt care about sub ohm protection or anything once I was able to force contact it would fire whichever cart.
Thanks for answering my question! You've been very helpful.
Check out the TVape if you want something that hits harder. It's still my favorite pen style vape.
I've checked out a bunch more portables and the TVape is very tempting. I like that it comes with two batteries, chambers, and mouthpieces. I definitely like the pen form factor, nothing else really interests me much besides the solo/air which I don't consider very portable for my needs but would be great for home use. The Grasshopper also has a lot of potential, if it's not just vaporware (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware). Sorry, couldn't resist.

Vapor_Eyes,

Jdawg420

I've noticed a few people saying they put screens at bottom of chamber which makes a lot of sense. I did not do that and I think some of my herb has gone into the air hole, restricting the airflow significantly. There seems to be no way to clean this out!?!?! .... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Meach

@Jdawg420 best to try n clean while the oven is still warm...a few taps while holding it upside down will do the trick ..if not a sewing needle in the air hole to stir n break up whatever feel in then again heat it hold upside n tap the chamber...def put a screen in the bottom..remove the ceramic screen that's in the mp and this vape will treat ya right

Last edited:

Jdawg420

@Jdawg420 best to try n clean while the oven is still warm...a few taps while holding it upside down will do the trick ..if not a sewing needle in the air hole to stir n break up whatever feel in then again heat it hold upside n tap the chamber...def put a screen in the bottom..remove the ceramic screen that's in the mp and this vape will treat ya right

Yes I'm very surprised it doesn't come with a screen there. I am a bit worried about sticking a needle in the air hole, thinking it might pack the unwanted herb in there even deeper. Would be nice to have a diagram of inside those airholes.
But either way I don't see any other options for cleaning it. I will definitely try what you're suggesting. thanks alot for your feedback!!

Meach

If you want piece of mind just run a few cycles make sure any plant matter that fell in is vaped up then poke it..if you can find a very fine needle you can stir up what's in there had it happen prior to putting my screen in the bottom..you can also try when the chamber is cool to find the nearest hole on the outside of the heating chamber and blow in it while plugging the other three to push out what's stuck..that should blow most everything out of your heating chamber..oh yes do this while holding the chamber upside down..gravity is your friend

Last edited:

Jdawg420

If you want piece of mind just run a few cycles make sure any plant matter that fell in is vaped up then poke it..if you can find a very fine needle you can stir up what's in there had it happen prior to putting my screen in the bottom..you can also try when the chamber is cool to find the nearest hole on the outside of the heating chamber and blow in it while plugging the other three to push out what's stuck..that should blow most everything out of your heating chamber..oh yes do this while holding the chamber upside down..gravity is your friend

Yeah I have tried blowing from all the holes separately while the others were covered. Nothing seemed to come out. I also cant actually see anything stuck in there from the top, but I can definitely tell theres very little airflow. I have also tried just keeping the oven on with the top mouth piece off, and it seemed to burn alot of vapour out, but never fixed the problem. I will let u know how sticking a needle in there works when i try it later . thnx again

Top Bottom