• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Athlete Vaporists?

Poochka

eh 58 here and walking about 3 miles every day. think i'll start jogging as soon as shoes can be arranged. vaping 2 or 3 hits a night and feeling mo frisky every day.

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Came away with a new marathon PR of 3:37. I'm sure switching to vaping played some role in that improvement. Looking forward to doing even better next year.

Still a little sore so I'm off to take some recovery bag hits to sooth my muscles and help me eat something.

lwien

^^ Gratz !!!

Switching from smoking to vaping WILL increase lung function. VERY wise decision.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Congratulations on your personal best. much respect for doing that -- i never did more than a 10k ... i gave up road running (jogging, actually) many years ago to save my knees.

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Vapinghole

lwien

i gave up road running (jogging, actually) many years ago to save my knees.

I'm soooo fortunate to be running at 68, weighing in at 225 lbs, flat footed and overpronate and still have no knee pain. I think it's a combination of good genetics (except the flat footedness), great running shoes and most importantly, the surface that I run on. I stay away from concrete like the plague.

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
yeah, some physiologies are a gift ... i also hated running past dogs and rabid wildlife when several miles from home). all problems solved with the NordicTrack. plus i can do it every day (or beat myself up about it - no excuses).

Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Came away with a new marathon PR of 3:37. I'm sure switching to vaping played some role in that improvement. Looking forward to doing even better next year.

Still a little sore so I'm off to take some recovery bag hits to sooth my muscles and help me eat something.

Fantastic, Ratm! You should feel proud. I'll vape a wandload in your honor.

I'm soooo fortunate to be running at 68, weighing in at 225 lbs, flat footed and overpronate and still have no knee pain. I think it's a combination of good genetics (except the flat footedness), great running shoes and most importantly, the surface that I run on. I stay away from concrete like the plague.

Iwien, I run trails almost exclusively. Primarily because I love being in nature and it's a stellar workout, but also because I want to stay active as long as possible. If I'm going to run, I'll stack the odds in my favor (and help my joints) by running on dirt. Plus, it's more fun! I train on roads when I don't have time to hit trails or have to run at night. But good shoes are a must, as you point out. I'm fortunate to have a true stride and a good frame for running.

Vapinghole,

lwien

FI train on roads when I don't have time to hit trails .....

If you can run on asphalt then, it is a WHOLE bunch softer than concrete. I wish I had dirt trails to run on here, but I don't, so to save my knees, I run on a rubberized track at the local high school. It's actually at Arcadia High School where the National Invitationals are run ever year:

GREAT surface to run on if they're no trails around.

Vapinghole

Yes, I'm always on asphalt vs. concrete, if I'm road-running, that is. Great thinking on the rubberized track! Yes, that's very comfy to run on--I have one very close to me and will keep that in mind when I can't hit the trails. I'm all for tips to save my joints (pun intended?)!

In the meantime, I thought I'd share my vape session in honor of Ratm's marathon PR. Cheers, my friend!

Cheers!

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Yes, I'm always on asphalt vs. concrete, if I'm road-running, that is. Great thinking on the rubberized track! Yes, that's very comfy to run on--I have one very close to me and will keep that in mind when I can't hit the trails. I'm all for tips to save my joints (pun intended?)!

In the meantime, I thought I'd share my vape session in honor of Ratm's marathon PR. Cheers, my friend!

Cheers!

Cheers all around! Everyone here is great and should be commended for much inspiration!
Is that a viVape? Looks tasty?

Vapinghole

Cheers all around! Everyone here is great and should be commended for much inspiration!
Is that a viVape? Looks tasty?

Agreed! I owe much to the folks on this forum, and I really appreciate everyone's participation on this thread.

And yes, it's a viVape. I love...LOVE that vape. I've had it for over three months and it's my daily machine. A total workhorse, delivers very tasty vapor. Check out the thread--I'm fairly active on there and have a video of my using my Headford triple doughnut inline bubbler with the viVape too.

In other news, my mountain marathon is around the corner. Here's a description of the race--about 8,000 feet of elevation gain. Yikes! http://pctrailruns.com/event.aspx?dtid=9939

Vapinghole

My friend, I think we'll both be well deserving of a few massive vaping sessions that evening! And a beer, and some Advil, and...

Vapinghole,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Yup they have fresh beer at the finish!
I'll be relying on the wispr that day and edibles!

Blowing some good luck vapor in your direction hopefully it will carry us to the finish!

Ratm22,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
This thread has encouraged me to start running. :)

Still a long way to go after my past combustion days, ran 2km in 10min and i was almost coughing a lung. hehehe.

Good luck on the races guys! :tup:

Vapinghole

Yup they have fresh beer at the finish!
I'll be relying on the wispr that day and edibles!

Blowing some good luck vapor in your direction hopefully it will carry us to the finish!

Back at ya, my friend!

This thread has encouraged me to start running. :)

Still a long way to go after my past combustion days, ran 2km in 10min and i was almost coughing a lung. hehehe.

Good luck on the races guys! :tup:

vorrange - That's awesome! Good for you!! Keep it slow and steady at first. Build a strong base before you worry about speed.

Cheers!!

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I always would vape then workout, not really the best idea IMO, but it relaxes me; however if your'e too high you could mess up badly....

If you drop a weight on your foot.
I would argue that the clumsiness is not increased by vaping for me, perhaps even diminised. My movements are slower and more thought goes into just a simple curl up and down.

I only lift during the winter. I'm in it for endurance. I am not sure about my LT/vo2 max rating, but practicing breathing and possibly vaping could increase my oxygen intake, which is a major plus.

Vapinghole

I always would vape then workout, not really the best idea IMO, but it relaxes me; however if your'e too high you could mess up badly....

For what you do, yes, it could be if you're not focused. But I run, swim, bike, trail run, showshoe, etc... so I can't think of a better idea than vaping my nuts to Kalamazoo so I can get my focus on early in my run. ;)

I'm in it for endurance. I am not sure about my LT/vo2 max rating, but practicing breathing and possibly vaping could increase my oxygen intake, which is a major plus.

I practice breathing, as good control is essential to long workouts/races. On my days off, I stretch, do yoga, and breathing exercises. I can definitely feel a difference from 4 months ago, when I started vaping. I haven't combusted since! :tup:

My mountain marathon is two weeks from Saturday. I'm ready--had a great after-work vape sesh and a 12-mile run. Ate a great meal and vaped my ass off. Now I'm stretching and chillin with my FC homies. :peace:

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Good friend of mine is a personal trainer, and also a crazyass active person, recently i dunno if ya'll know what the spartan race is, but he got 37'th place out of a few hundred people... pretty intense race but yea you guys get the point, most of my friends actually are complete outdoorheads (its colorado) all very healthy and are practically athletes.

Xchadb,

SalamiCity

Good friend of mine is a personal trainer, and also a crazyass active person, recently i dunno if ya'll know what the spartan race is, but he got 37'th place out of a few hundred people... pretty intense race but yea you guys get the point, most of my friends actually are complete outdoorheads (its colorado) all very healthy and are practically athletes.

Is that like the Warrior Race? I'm a Certified AFAA PT, it's fun stuff.

As for doing sports I used to ski and get high it was good, but coordination can be affected.

SalamiCity,
Top Bottom