Asperger's Syndrome & MMJ

imasinner

Just Some Loser
My score was only 15 and I'm not very social at all lol. I think that's the lowest so far.

I think my anxiety and guarded nature are more of a factor in my lack of social interaction skills. I have social anxiety which I mask for the most part, but definitely prefer being alone or in small groups where I know everyone. I dislike large groups or parties where I have to meet and communicate with a lot of people. It's just tremendously uncomfortable...

My cousin is the same way and she is not autistic. She was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Probably why she and I were so close, growing up. Even now, we "buddy up" when going to an event we know will be crowded... And, I completely understand how you feel when you say you prefer smaller groups. Nothing wrong with doing what makes you most comfortable. It is hard to have fun when you feel anxious...

You are still very much welcome, here!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
A more detailed Aspie Quiz... this one will result in a chart like I posted.... If you'd like a bit better idea of where your characteristics fall, this chart is a good place to start.
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

Here's my chart...
FOttyps.jpg

I've taken this test several times, as the questions change, and the shape that results is always almost exactly as the you see here.

I don't know if an Aspie should say this, or such a fascination with humor, but....

I've shown you mine, will you show me yours? :o

PS, this is asking a lot! There are 125 questions! :peace:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Years ago the educational system wasn't tuned into the needs of our students that fall into the autistism spectrum. Children that had Asperger's were high functioning enough that teachers and educators thought these children were just annoying or trouble makers.

Now days educators are trying to keep up with the students that need extra care and a different kind of an instructional program. Often parents don't even realize there is a problem if the child's patterns are just a little quirky. When they get into a large group such as a classroom (kindergarten) where you need to sit still and listen, such as circle time in the morning when they talk about calendar and counting. That's when the instructors notice the child has difficulty. It's hard for child to sit still, they may get up and start playing with toys.

Instructors try to accommodate to specialize to fit the individual needs of the student. Possibly a different type of something to sit on, or no circle time at all. The child may go elsewhere and do other things equally as educational. Years ago these precious children would get in trouble.

Interventions start at an early age now. Not like it was 20 or 40 years ago when there were
a lot of unknowns and uneducated teachers and instructors. It varies from state to state or even district to district how the Special Education programs are run.

Often with different types of Aspergers you wouldn't even know it, by the time these individuals reach high school or adulthood they seem perfectly normal. Maybe just a little different at times. But being a little different isn't always a bad thing.

It 's important that these students are followed through in high school and assessed to make sure curriculums are accommodated if needed. Some of these students may be high risk to drop out of school. They can get assistance from the state even in college up to age 23.

Individual differences is what make this world wonderful.
:love:

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Of course. Because you asked.

REKq1qQ.png

Taking that quiz reminded me of all the times I got in trouble as a child for doing repetitive, ritualistic things. Probably instances of self-soothing or focusing stuff, like spinning in a chair, or hair twirling...
Hi @Enchantre, thank you!

I loved repetition as a child... doing something a few times lead to being able to "do it with my eyes closed"... oh how many stores was I tossed out of for spinning on their chairs???!!!!

Wow, you have massive NT Social tendencies! I must admit, I'm a bit jealous!

If I can ask further questions please?
* Do you find social situations uncomfortable? More so with those you know, or those you don't, or same?
* Do you feel you put a lot of effort into blending in? Or keeping up with a conversation which includes input from more than you and one other person?

If anything becomes uncomfortable here, tell me to back off! My curiosity puts most cats to shame, though I love them dearly, they have nothing on me! Or PM is good too.

Have an awesome weekend!

DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Years ago the educational system wasn't tuned into the needs of our students that fall into the autistism spectrum. Children that had Asperger's were high functioning enough that teachers and educators thought these children were just annoying or trouble makers.

Now days educators are trying to keep up with the students that need extra care and a different kind of an instructional program. Often parents don't even realize there is a problem if the child's patterns are just a little quirky. When they get into a large group such as a classroom (kindergarten) where you need to sit still and listen, such as circle time in the morning when they talk about calendar and counting. That's when the instructors notice the child has difficulty. It's hard for child to sit still, they may get up and start playing with toys.

Instructors try to accommodate to specialize to fit the individual needs of the student. Possibly a different type of something to sit on, or no circle time at all. The child may go elsewhere and do other things equally as educational. Years ago these precious children would get in trouble.

Interventions start at an early age now. Not like it was 20 or 40 years ago when there were
a lot of unknowns and uneducated teachers and instructors. It varies from state to state or even district to district how the Special Education programs are run.

Often with different types of Aspergers you wouldn't even know it, by the time these individuals reach high school or adulthood they seem perfectly normal. Maybe just a little different at times. But being a little different isn't always a bad thing.

It 's important that these students are followed through in high school and assessed to make sure curriculums are accommodated if needed. Some of these students may be high risk to drop out of school. They can get assistance from the state even in college up to age 23.

Individual differences is what make this world wonderful.
:love:
Thanks @CarolKing,

What an awesome writeup! :clap::clap: I couldn't agree more! Had I known who and what I was, and had there been some tailoring of my curriculum, I know I'd have had a much easier time in school...

"Years ago these precious children would get in trouble." ==> This pretty much defines my time from 1st grade through most of high school.... was mostly due to curiosity... but calling a teach out when they were wrong.... that didn't help much either...

Crumpet

One thing that I am still learning (from a dear friend and mentor), is... Having a name that explains the reason for certain things you do.... It offers nothing more than comfort and a clearer direction on where to go next.

Absolutely! I self-diagnosed myself with ADHD a few years ago, then got it professionally diagnosed. When I was able to apply the ADHD name to what I've been experiencing my whole life, it was such a HUGE relief. Relief to understand there's nothing "bad" or "wrong" about me - I'm just wired differently. Understanding that got me excited about finding ways to do things differently (and to not beat myself up quite as much), and I'm living a much better life now than I was pre-self-diagnosis. My search for alternative "treatment" for ADHD led me to trying MJ and then finally to here, so I'm pretty happy about the whole thing.

I took the short Asperger's test, ended up with 32. So maybe ADHD is just the tip of my iceberg! I know that many questions could have gone either way depending on many things, and of course there's a couple that I just didn't know how to apply to my situation - like do I prefer things over people? They're kinda equal to me - I prefer my pets to either of them. So how do I answer that one? ;)

It's strange, the hoops I jump through to try to answer these questions accurately. First, I keep reminding myself there's no "right" answer (I've had a life-long obsession with trying to be "correct" when answering questions, because I don't want to look stupid). Second, I take note of my initial gut reaction answer to the question, then put it aside. Third, I try to think of how I would answer that question historically. Fourth, I try to answer what is true for "right now". Fifth, I take a look at all my answers and see which one feels the most accurate. Finally, I second-guess myself and then do it all again!

I'm currently attempting the longer test (I may finish by tomorrow...). I've now gotten to this question: "Do you have unusual sexual preferences?"

Well, Christ. That's so subjective. I'd like a little more detail on that question, please! :lol:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
My score was only 15 and I'm not very social at all lol. I think that's the lowest so far.

I think my anxiety and guarded nature are more of a factor in my lack of social interaction skills. I have social anxiety which I mask for the most part, but definitely prefer being alone or in small groups where I know everyone. I dislike large groups or parties where I have to meet and communicate with a lot of people. It's just tremendously uncomfortable...

When you're a type B person like me and you're thrown in a room full of type A strangers it's just exhausting...
Hey @Chill Dude, Aspergers is a spectrum condition... meaning we're all different.... they say "When you've met one Aspie, you've met ONE Aspie."...

Things to watch for on these tests is hiding from yourself, basically... While I was taking the test, I was conscious of two separate sets of answers... Those which reflected who I truly was and those of who I wanted myself to be. It was a bit difficult not to choose the latter answers.

Regardless, as @imasinner states, you are absolutely welcome here! If you want to chat or ask something you may not want to post on the thread, my PM is open to all.

Have a awesome weekend!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Absolutely! I self-diagnosed myself with ADHD a few years ago, then got it professionally diagnosed. When I was able to apply the ADHD name to what I've been experiencing my whole life, it was such a HUGE relief. Relief to understand there's nothing "bad" or "wrong" about me - I'm just wired differently. Understanding that got me excited about finding ways to do things differently (and to not beat myself up quite as much), and I'm living a much better life now than I was pre-self-diagnosis. My search for alternative "treatment" for ADHD led me to trying MJ and then finally to here, so I'm pretty happy about the whole thing.

I took the short Asperger's test, ended up with 32. So maybe ADHD is just the tip of my iceberg! I know that many questions could have gone either way depending on many things, and of course there's a couple that I just didn't know how to apply to my situation - like do I prefer things over people? They're kinda equal to me - I prefer my pets to either of them. So how do I answer that one? ;)

It's strange, the hoops I jump through to try to answer these questions accurately. First, I keep reminding myself there's no "right" answer (I've had a life-long obsession with trying to be "correct" when answering questions, because I don't want to look stupid). Second, I take note of my initial gut reaction answer to the question, then put it aside. Third, I try to think of how I would answer that question historically. Fourth, I try to answer what is true for "right now". Fifth, I take a look at all my answers and see which one feels the most accurate. Finally, I second-guess myself and then do it all again!

I'm currently attempting the longer test (I may finish by tomorrow...). I've now gotten to this question: "Do you have unusual sexual preferences?"

Well, Christ. That's so subjective. I'd like a little more detail on that question, please! :lol:

Hi @Crumpet, so many things you've stated, I find in myself. So many tests I've second (or fifth) guessed myself out of the right answers, or those that would have suited the question best. In regards to the question of people or things.... and your choice of pets, as inhuman as it sounds, choose Things. It is people we try, and most often fail, to mind map... that being read their facial expressions and accurately guess what's on their mind. Some of us have that gift with animals, specifically pets... but that is different.

In regards to the last question, and to date myself and any who understand what I'm about to say.... It's Exit, Stage Left!!!!! :o

(Which basically means run and hide!) LoL

Have an awesome weekend!

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Hi @Enchantre, thank you!

I loved repetition as a child... doing something a few times lead to being able to "do it with my eyes closed"... oh how many stores was I tossed out of for spinning on their chairs???!!!!

Wow, you have massive NT Social tendencies! I must admit, I'm a bit jealous!

If I can ask further questions please?
* Do you find social situations uncomfortable? More so with those you know, or those you don't, or same?
* Do you feel you put a lot of effort into blending in? Or keeping up with a conversation which includes input from more than you and one other person?

If anything becomes uncomfortable here, tell me to back off! My curiosity puts most cats to shame, though I love them dearly, they have nothing on me! Or PM is good too.

Have an awesome weekend!

DDave
I still, to this day, struggle to blend in. I was just talking to my hubby about a few of the questions, and remembering. OMG, remembering.

Social situations get very uncomfortable, very fast, if I haven't had a chance to "rehearse" my way through it, OR if I can't just "pull out" a personae that will fit the situation.

I am FREQUENTLY misunderstood, intentions misunderstood, my facial/voice emotions don't match my inside UNLESS I'm almost consciously "acting the part". I was trained this way, from babyhood, by my *ignorant, abusive, neglectful* parents. I was ALWAYS the problem, even though I worked extremely hard to fit in, and to perform perfectly.

Anyway, I have to go somewhere for the rest of the day, so I can't explain excessively, as I am wont to do... ;)

Crumpet

I had to laugh and laugh when I got to this question: "Do you have problems filling out forms?" because I had to even tear THAT question apart to try to gauge how to answer it.

Hurried through the rest of my long test, potential storm and power outage on the way.
poly12e.php

Very interesting to me! I'm eager to revisit this test and thread when the storm has passed and I can spend some more time on it.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I am eager as well, @Crumpet , as I want some of the stirred up emotional responses to settle a bit, then give it a go with a better sense of where I am answering from. As now, an adult, how I behave, or how I feel, or then, when I was still developing my coping skills and camouflage -- what is the real me, and what is the correct answer?

I've always done well on tests... fast. high scores. brain works well that way. hated "homework"...

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Karma - a tale of giving, receiving, & learning. This was amazing!

So, took family to the beach today. Just before the beach, we always grab a bit to eat, so once we hit the sand anyone who wants to can go off and water play or whatever for a good long time before getting hungry.

Jack in the Box was the concensus. So we ordered and began eating.

I watch people. Today was no different, so I sat eating and watched a kind/old man (I'm guessing 65-70) ordering. Then he stood to wait for his order. While he waited, I saw him straighten up after two kids who messed up the lids for the soda fountain. When his food came, he took the tray over to where the condiments and napkins were. Before he took his napkins, he fixed the napkin holder, then politely took probably just enough napkins to cover lunch. He sits. A 99 cent chicken sandwich in front of him and a cup of water. He begins praying. Not my kind of praying, the old school praying making the sign of the cross many times. Then opens the sandwich. Puts it down, prays again. Several more times.

To watch him eat this sandwich, one would have thought they were watching a gourmet connoisseur eating a prime NYC Philly Cheese-steak sandwich.

I wanted to give something to him. Then a thought. I took a $5 out of my wallet and called my daughter over. I asked her to walk by him, drop it on the floor, turn, pick it up and ask him if it was his... like he dropped it. I wasn't sure what language he spoke and was really hoping not to damage his pride. My daughter asked me if she could borrow $5 when I handed her the money for this gentlemen. I gave it to her, but didn't know what it was for. She combined her $5 with the one I gave her and proceeded as planned.

What happened next, I could not have prayed for a better outcome. She dropped it behind him, picked it up, tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he dropped it. He said "Are you giving me ten dollars?". Instead of simply saying yes, which probably would have dented his ego, she said "No, you dropped it and I picked it up for you." He looked at her and said "It's mine?". She said yes. He took the money, then took her hand lightly and said thank you, ... a single tear slowly rolled from his right eye. As it did from mine.

We left Jack's, well my wifey, daughter and her friend did, I stayed off to the side watching. I was kinda stuck there... He took his wallet from his back pocket and opened it. From it, he took his money out and straightened it, before adding the $10 we gave him. He had a total of two very worn dollars.

I later told my daughter this, just before letting them go wild at the beach. When the day was over, my daughter approached and said she was sad. I said why. She said because she didn't know how long that just $12 would last him. The only answer I offered.... "Maybe just long enough."

Later on, she came back again and said that that memory was the best she had from the entire day. She's learning well! I was so proud.

So why Karma? My story's not over.

We got to the beach, no parking. We circled the lot 3 times, nothing... we were about to leave when my daughter said, there's a guy waving... sure enough someone had seen us circling and saved their spot for us... Sweet! I'm not done... These are park, then pay parking spots. So out of the car and went to walk to the self-service machine. Two little boys ran up to me.

Excuse me mister, they said. I greeted them and asked if I could help. They said no, then said their mom wanted to know if we'd already paid for parking. I said no and they told me to wait and ran off. So I waited, kind of, unpacking the car... really unsure of what was next. A lady, just about as old as the man we helped at Jack's was walking across the parking lot... Couldn't be their mom, well, it was. She handed me the parking ticket (Which normally costs about $15, dependent on time of day). She handed it to me and said... I always wanted to give my ticket to someone else, we never stay late. I thanked her and took my wallet out, handing her my last $4. I asked if she could get the boys candy or ice cream. She tried not to take it, but I politely told her I was simply buying the rest of her day's parking from her. She accepted with a smile, and turned to the boys. See, this is for your good deed. Let's go get some ice cream. The boys were ecstatic! She turned to me and thanked me again, stating she was teaching the boys about good deeds and Karma.

We put the ticket on the dash and had our day at the beach.

When it was over, we were leaving, an elderly lady was just walking from her car to the self-service pay booth to get a parking ticket. I saw her approach the machine and rolled down my window (we parked right next to the pay machine). I said "Hey, have this one please."... She just looked at me, taking the ticket slowly. When she had it, she looked at me and simply said "Sweeeeeet!"... Yeah, I spelled it that way because she said it that way. Another chance to show a bit of kindness in front of my daughter and her friend.

It really doesn't get better than this! My daughter is NT, but through my teachings, I wish to give her empathy, compassion, caring, and a huge heart!

So far, it's working! :rockon:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Of course. Because you asked.

REKq1qQ.png

Taking that quiz reminded me of all the times I got in trouble as a child for doing repetitive, ritualistic things. Probably instances of self-soothing or focusing stuff, like spinning in a chair, or hair twirling...
Tried again, took my time, tried to answer from my central, "real" self. Still not sure about some of the questions... I still keep asking myself "how should I answer this?" trying to be acceptable. HAH.

poly12e.php

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Wonderful story DDave, one of my favorite words and what we need more of "empathy" in this world.
It brings to mind the song "Lean On Me". I heard it the other day and was listening to the words. It made me cry. I was listening like it was for the first time. A very powerful underrated, feels like forgotten song.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
It means you are fairly "normal" in the thinking/emoting department, @lwien ... looks like really good social/communication skills.

People tend to "get" you, right?
Karma - a tale of giving, receiving, & learning. This was amazing!

So, took family to the beach today. Just before the beach, we always grab a bit to eat, so once we hit the sand anyone who wants to can go off and water play or whatever for a good long time before getting hungry.

Jack in the Box was the concensus. So we ordered and began eating.

I watch people. Today was no different, so I sat eating and watched a kind/old man (I'm guessing 65-70) ordering. Then he stood to wait for his order. While he waited, I saw him straighten up after two kids who messed up the lids for the soda fountain. When his food came, he took the tray over to where the condiments and napkins were. Before he took his napkins, he fixed the napkin holder, then politely took probably just enough napkins to cover lunch. He sits. A 99 cent chicken sandwich in front of him and a cup of water. He begins praying. Not my kind of praying, the old school praying making the sign of the cross many times. Then opens the sandwich. Puts it down, prays again. Several more times.

To watch him eat this sandwich, one would have thought they were watching a gourmet connoisseur eating a prime NYC Philly Cheese-steak sandwich.

I wanted to give something to him. Then a thought. I took a $5 out of my wallet and called my daughter over. I asked her to walk by him, drop it on the floor, turn, pick it up and ask him if it was his... like he dropped it. I wasn't sure what language he spoke and was really hoping not to damage his pride. My daughter asked me if she could borrow $5 when I handed her the money for this gentlemen. I gave it to her, but didn't know what it was for. She combined her $5 with the one I gave her and proceeded as planned.

What happened next, I could not have prayed for a better outcome. She dropped it behind him, picked it up, tapped him on the shoulder and asked him if he dropped it. He said "Are you giving me ten dollars?". Instead of simply saying yes, which probably would have dented his ego, she said "No, you dropped it and I picked it up for you." He looked at her and said "It's mine?". She said yes. He took the money, then took her hand lightly and said thank you, ... a single tear slowly rolled from his right eye. As it did from mine.

We left Jack's, well my wifey, daughter and her friend did, I stayed off to the side watching. I was kinda stuck there... He took his wallet from his back pocket and opened it. From it, he took his money out and straightened it, before adding the $10 we gave him. He had a total of two very worn dollars.

I later told my daughter this, just before letting them go wild at the beach. When the day was over, my daughter approached and said she was sad. I said why. She said because she didn't know how long that just $12 would last him. The only answer I offered.... "Maybe just long enough."

Later on, she came back again and said that that memory was the best she had from the entire day. She's learning well! I was so proud.

So why Karma? My story's not over.

We got to the beach, no parking. We circled the lot 3 times, nothing... we were about to leave when my daughter said, there's a guy waving... sure enough someone had seen us circling and saved their spot for us... Sweet! I'm not done... These are park, then pay parking spots. So out of the car and went to walk to the self-service machine. Two little boys ran up to me.

Excuse me mister, they said. I greeted them and asked if I could help. They said no, then said their mom wanted to know if we'd already paid for parking. I said no and they told me to wait and ran off. So I waited, kind of, unpacking the car... really unsure of what was next. A lady, just about as old as the man we helped at Jack's was walking across the parking lot... Couldn't be their mom, well, it was. She handed me the parking ticket (Which normally costs about $15, dependent on time of day). She handed it to me and said... I always wanted to give my ticket to someone else, we never stay late. I thanked her and took my wallet out, handing her my last $4. I asked if she could get the boys candy or ice cream. She tried not to take it, but I politely told her I was simply buying the rest of her day's parking from her. She accepted with a smile, and turned to the boys. See, this is for your good deed. Let's go get some ice cream. The boys were ecstatic! She turned to me and thanked me again, stating she was teaching the boys about good deeds and Karma.

We put the ticket on the dash and had our day at the beach.

When it was over, we were leaving, an elderly lady was just walking from her car to the self-service pay booth to get a parking ticket. I saw her approach the machine and rolled down my window (we parked right next to the pay machine). I said "Hey, have this one please."... She just looked at me, taking the ticket slowly. When she had it, she looked at me and simply said "Sweeeeeet!"... Yeah, I spelled it that way because she said it that way. Another chance to show a bit of kindness in front of my daughter and her friend.

It really doesn't get better than this! My daughter is NT, but through my teachings, I wish to give her empathy, compassion, caring, and a huge heart!

So far, it's working! :rockon:
This is amazing, and wonderful. You rock!

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Wonderful story DDave, one of my favorite words and what we need more of "empathy" in this world.
It brings to mind the song "Lean On Me". I heard it the other day and was listening to the words. It made me cry. I was listening like it was for the first time. A very powerful underrated, feels like forgotten song.
@CarolKing, thank you! I agree! And I'll be honest, empathy was foreign to me until not too long ago. I had no knowledge of ASD and thought it normal to lack feelings. Then one day, I sat and stared at my wife..... and all sorts of strange thoughts and feelings flooded in. All of a sudden, I was reviewing events past and considering her feelings in them. That opened the door to what I've become today. (I enjoy the Lean on Me song, and many others that remind me to "feel".).

So how do I interpret this? Seems a bit lopsided....... :
9O8V6dm.png
@lwien, I agree with what @Enchantre said, and would like to add my guess that it's difficult to get into lwien's circle of close friends, but once there, one would be hard pressed to get booted out. Am I right? Also, that I would be glad to be part of a team that included you. Would be very interesting to see how our Talent, Perception, and Communication skills may compliment each others, as we have close levels of each, but in opposite ends of the spectrum.

@Enchantre & @Crumpet , without getting too personal, can I ask if either or you were attracted to the other's postings... or shared similar thoughts on particular topics? Asking because your resultant shapes on your charts are almost the same. I find it very amazing that many of those who've shared their Aspiness in this thread are also ones whose posts I identified with, or shared common views on.

This is amazing, and wonderful. You rock!
Thank you! These events help me as much as I try to help another. With every expression & reaction, I am collecting, categorizing, and associating facial expressions with feelings. With each event, I gain more of an understanding of "possibly" what an NT may feel. Plus, I find empathy is a seed. I planted yesterday with my daughter, today she planted with her friends. There's a store in the mall that accepts donations, small ones, and gives out things like granola bars or bottled water. The donations go to other countries where the population is less fortunate. Today my daughter talked all her friends into getting their bottled water there.

You know, this could become an addiction! And it's catching! :peace: :rockon:

Last edited:

lwien

It means you are fairly "normal" in the thinking/emoting department, @lwien ... looks like really good social/communication skills.

People tend to "get" you, right?

Yeah they do, but what's weird is that I'm pretty shy and tend to avoid social situations. If anything, I'd consider myself a loaner.

But for over 30 years, I was a marketing/advertising exec, so my business was communication and while I really enjoyed communicating in writing and in graphics, I really dislike and feel a bit uncomfortable when I have to communicate verbally. I just don't think I'm very good at it.

The other thing that's kinda interesting is when I took an aptitude test in high school, it directed me towards journalism and to this day, I kick myself in the butt for not following that path 'cause I think that I would have really liked it and I think I would have been pretty darn good at it as well.

And yeah DDave, it was a very tight circle of friends. Tight enough that we could just look at each other and knew what the other was thinking. Fun times........

Last edited:

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I don't seem to understand how this chart works or what it means for some reason, but I did the quiz.

I would describe myself as sensitive, highly lazy and obsessive or very active and free-flowing nature (depends on the day)
also very selfish at times without acknowledging it until later. Very VERY affectionate and sexually deviant / perverse
often needy, but usually also very self-sufficient and satisfied with my own company or the company of only one other person.

i sometimes interpret things that people say as very malicious or intrusive when in reality they most likely did not mean to invade on my mental space with a simple word or suggestion.
the complexity of the human personality..

that quiz made me very self-analytical haha.

dvpphj.jpg

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The other thing that's kinda interesting is when I took an aptitude test in high school, it directed me towards journalism and to this day, I kick myself in the butt for not following that path 'cause I think that I would have really liked it and I think I would have been pretty darn good at it as well.

And yeah DDave, it was a very tight circle of friends. Tight enough that we could just look at each other and knew what the other was thinking. Fun times........
You would have been a ROCKING journalist! :rockon: This I can see from your postings here at FC! I bet could easily find a way to pursue this, if you so wished.

Thanks for verifying the "circle of friends" thoughts I had gotten from your chart... :)

I don't seem to understand how this chart works or what it means for some reason, but I did the quiz.

I would describe myself as sensitive, highly lazy and obsessive or very active and free-flowing nature (depends on the day)
also very selfish at times without acknowledging it until later. Very VERY affectionate and sexually deviant / perverse
often needy, but usually also very self-sufficient and satisfied with my own company or the company of only one other person.

i sometimes interpret things that people say as very malicious or intrusive when in reality they most likely did not mean to invade on my mental space with a simple word or suggestion.
the complexity of the human personality..

that quiz made me very self-analytical haha.

dvpphj.jpg
Wow! @Deja Vu , I have seen many of these result-charts and have not yet come upon an almost 50-50 split! In what state of mind were you when you took the quiz? Were you torn to answer many of the questions with two different sided answers? Did you change any responses you entered initially?

Details please! Very interested in understanding!

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Yeah i'd say that I was very torn between two answers on atleast 50% of those questions. I felt like some of the questions which I answered a strong YES for were things that I thought I was completely alone on, like becoming incredibly uncomfortable when people show up unannounced (because I didn't have time to mentally prepare to socialize) or biting my lip or tounge when i am nervous (I grind my teeth and chew my fingernails :p) but others I did not relate to at all. I felt like if the quiz was slightly different I could have easily got a 100% aspie result or a 100% non-aspie result but the truth is I will always relate with & empathyse with both 'normal' people and those with severely special mental extremities (whatever they call them) I refuse to call it a disorder or a disability :p

lwien

You would have been a ROCKING journalist! :rockon: This I can see from your postings here at FC!

Thanks a LOT. You've just confirmed that I totally wasted my fucking life for passing up something that I REALLY would have loved doing. I'm kiddin' ya, but I really do have regrets for not pursuing that. I think it may be a bit late at 70 years old to pursue a career in journalism, eh? It would mean that I would have to hit the pavement and pound on some doors and that I HATE doing and at 70, I'd have to pound on those doors a lot louder than I would have had to do when I was younger.

Ok, this thread is not about me but about Aspergers. The reason I took that test is I had a feeling that it may give me some insight into ADD, which I think I've always had but never professionally diagnosed as such.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Thanks a LOT. You've just confirmed that I totally wasted my fucking life for passing up something that I REALLY would have loved doing. I'm kiddin' ya, but I really do have regrets for not pursuing that. I think it may be a bit late at 70 years old to pursue a career in journalism, eh? It would mean that I would have to hit the pavement and pound on some doors and that I HATE doing and at 70, I'd have to pound on those doors a lot louder than I would have had to do when I was younger.

Ok, this thread is not about me but about Aspergers. The reason I took that test is I had a feeling that it may give me some insight into ADD, which I think I've always had but never professionally diagnosed as such.
You type like a 20 year old. I wouldn't have believed that you were 70 if you didn't mention it. No age is too late to peruse what you love. All my my favorite journalists peaked much later in life anyway!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Yeah i'd say that I was very torn between two answers on atleast 50% of those questions. I felt like some of the questions which I answered a strong YES for were things that I thought I was completely alone on, like becoming incredibly uncomfortable when people show up unannounced (because I didn't have time to mentally prepare to socialize) or biting my lip or tounge when i am nervous (I grind my teeth and chew my fingernails :p) but others I did not relate to at all. I felt like if the quiz was slightly different I could have easily got a 100% aspie result or a 100% non-aspie result but the truth is I will always relate with & empathyse with both 'normal' people and those with severely special mental extremities (whatever they call them) I refuse to call it a disorder or a disability :p
Thanks for the details! Exactly as I expected! (And the lip biting habit, you can overcome this! I did... at first replace it with something like hard candy or gum or whatever is similar... then slowly ween yourself off of those things.)

EDIT: BTW, one more lip bite and I'll down a gallon of Milk in your honor... You know what this means! ;)

You type like a 20 year old. I wouldn't have believed that you were 70 if you didn't mention it. No age is too late to peruse what you love. All my my favorite journalists peaked much later in life anyway!
I have to agree! Well Said! :clap:

Seems we share this, but at different times. I am not doing for a living what I would choose to do. I am doing what I'm good at. One day, I will change this...

I will honor your request to go back to Aspergers discussions, but I would like to 2nd what Deja Vu said. And I don't know much about journalism, but I could see you writing articles on current events... compiling info from many sources to bring well-thought and highly useful information to your viewers!!!!

Top Bottom