Asperger's Syndrome & MMJ

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've been thinking about Aspergers a lot, specifically cause I was reading about aspies who wish they had a "cure"

I can empathize with the feeling of being "lost" and feeling "different" and maybe a few years ago before I was diagnosed, I thought I wish I was "normal" too

But, I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't be me otherwise ya know? Sure sometimes it's a struggle but I like being unique and not typical :) embracing who you are is good!

I was out a few weeks back and met a buddies sister in law. His fiancé is introducing everyone to her, and everyone is getting descriptions like "he's in IT" "he's in a band" "he's a trainer" etc

Gets to me, "HWS, he's...HWS" :lol:

It didn't make me feel bad, quite the contrary I was glad the best way she could describe me, was me :)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
But that's just crazy talk DDave!;)
I think you're right, but which version?

crazytalk8.png

77e73f54-5f46-4d93-b4ad-e0fe.png

ct5_ui_1.jpg

Splash.jpg

Kidding, but I didn't know what Crazy Talk was, till replying to your post!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I've enjoyed this thread. My grandson is an aspie, but to young for mmj. He is my treasure, so anything that helps me understand or communicate with him better is of interest. I should say, anything about him is of interest. Most issues of communication tends to have more to do with distance, and him being a fourteen year old boy with the interests of a fourteen year old boy. Each month I send him books, comics and movies, and I have learned that he expects that I know the content of everything I send, and he gets upset if I send something out of sequence. He does not want volumes seven and eight before five and six, even if both are shipped at the same time so the wait is short. Well who would want books out of sequence? No judgement, but Grams has learned to be more thoughtful when ordering, and he has learned I am not perfect and he has to expect epic fails from time to time where I am concerned. That's fair. I'm not perfect, and I do fail spectacularly at times, as everyone else who knows me also finds out.
If he does come to use Mmj in the future, I shall be ready to discuss mj, vaping and glass to any degree and extent he wishes. Just not video games. My brain doesn't work that way, and I just can't.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
The round peg in the square hole... I kinda like it.

d80c61f8eab71975c85c52f39b7c6912.jpg

Recently attended a chalk drawing contest/festival, this piece wasn't there, but I was hoping it would be. Artists of these events often do repeat pieces, but usually space out the repetitions by a few events so as not to create the same piece time after time.

RissapChalkFestival2.jpg

And finally, it may be old news, but it's good to see there's finally recognition of how MMJ can help compose and bring some control/order to and idea-flooded mind. Go Colorado!

Colorado OKs medical cannabis to treat autism disorders
(click above for source)

:peace:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
They're finally starting to get it! (I'm the only one I know who wears ear plugs to rock concerts.)

Sensory Friendly Movies

I also bring them to movie theaters, well, I bring them everywhere.

For me, loud noise brings distortion and discomfort. If the volume becomes/is too loud, I cease to hear it. Not sure if you know what a cracked speaker reverbing sounds like, but that is all that remains once the music reaches a certain level. And if it's a person speaking loudly through bullhorn or microphone/loud-speakers, that's torture as it's not their voice I hear, it's that cracked reverbing speaker sound, but now it's not consistent... now it comes crashing in every time the person speaks...

So, two items worthy of mention:
  1. Sensory Friendly Movies and
  2. [more importantly] Earplugs (and remembering to carry them). They come with varying degrees of volume protection and some experimentation may be necessary to find the right level for an individual.
:peace:

Top Bottom