Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsqemt911

I tried to tell the good folks here, but the "are we there yet?" syndrome will continue to spoil the ride...
:puke:

That wasn't what I was saying ...

I said it was nice but far too late to fix my opinion of them but I will refrain from the bashing.

Just wanted to say my peace before I stopped.

This has been a very heated subject (and will continue to be). I think people have every right to be mad until unit is in hand.

The ride was ruined a LONG time ago. Now we just have to wait for the end.

rsqemt911,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
To each their own. I hope forum members won't discourage DV from continuing to post here. Many of us still want their updates.
Yes! To each their own! My comment and belief was not meant to discourage DV from updating, or anyone from voicing their dissatisfaction with DV's vague updates and irregular schedule of communication.

We know nothing more now than we did weeks ago when this new customs debacle first squeezed our nuts. Yes! As a matter of curiosity I'd like to know the very nature of the customs hold up, but my knowing will do nothing to speed things up or quell my impatience. Obviously, DV wants clearance as badly if not more than we do, and must be doing everything they can to facilitate that. Tell me...what can they possibly say that would sugar our lemonade or make the delay of undetermined length any easier?
:horse:.
It's a dead horse, until it's not:bang:.:rant:.
When customs is cleared, we'll know. When shipments are on their way, well know. What else do we need to know?!!!:cheers:! Are we there yet?
:popcorn:

Last edited:

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Yes! To each their own! My comment and belief was not meant to discourage DV from updating, or anyone from voicing their dissatisfaction with DV's vague updates and irregular schedule of communication.
Sorry Snappo--my comment wasn't directed at you, but rather at that continent of people who will be dissatisfied no matter what.

We're a big bell curve here. And that's A-OK. :tup:

sam reynolds,
Reactions: Snappo

Nunavut Tripper

Sorry Snappo--my comment wasn't directed at you, but rather at that continent of people who will be dissatisfied no matter what.

We're a big bell curve here. And that's A-OK. :tup:

I think we should cut DV some slack as they're getting jerked around by the Feds so this must be very stressful for them.
They manufacture products that compete with big tobacco ( E-cigs) and the DaVinci and Ascent are aromatherapy devices that sometimes are used by unscrupulous people like me to vaporize dangerous drugs such as merrywanna so they may have the attention of the drug warriors (DEA FDA or Justice Dept). If I'm right then they need our support.

lwien

I think we should cut DV some slack as they're getting jerked around by the Feds so this must be very stressful for them.
They manufacture products that compete with big tobacco ( E-cigs) and the DaVinci and Ascent are aromatherapy devices that sometimes are used by unscrupulous people like me to vaporize dangerous drugs such as merrywanna so they may have the attention of the drug warriors (DEA FDA or Justice Dept). If I'm right then they need our support.

I believe that this is what happened with the Zephyr Ion as well, and if it is, publicly having our support is the LAST thing they need. :cool:

"Hey DEA. Leave them the fuck alone."
-------from the kind folks at fuckcombustion.com

Or do you mean the kind of moral support in giving them a warm shoulder to cry on while encouraging them by telling them that everything's going to be alright?

From my point of view, when you get into this business, ESPECIALLY in the import business, you better do your homework and have ALL of your ducks in a row for contingencies that may arise, just like this one. Obviously, DV got caught off-guard, and while they have my sympathies, they surely don't get off the hook for the way they have been dealing with their customers during this launch. They seem to be making an attempt here to make it better, but man........from my point of view, they're going to have to really work on it.

Now where's my fucking 100 dollar gift certificate? :cool:

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Ill go on record to say that I have never used any DV device at anytime to use any drug illegal or not.
Wait until you get your DV Ascent!:spliff: You'll never be able to say that again:whip:!!!

You are too late. The police are on their way now. See you in 10-20. :cool:
At this rate "10-20" could be months:popcorn:...

Last edited:
Snappo,
So if were not among the first 100 or so pre registers, are we going to have to wait even longer for the ascent..? I was told i was in the hundreds yet never got an opportunity to pre order, while i would love to do so.

ascendedthoughts,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I was told that 200 people were able to pre order direct until DV stopped taking them. Of those 200 I was one of the first 5.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
We have started to get confirmation that we are moving through the stages at this time.

Holy crap!!! I missed this the first few times I read through the posts!!

This just got snuck in at the end of a secondary post, and this is what I was looking for in the open letter.

Confirmation that the shipment is moving! That's awesome!

Of course this tells us nothing about how much longer it will take to complete, but at least it's not stalled out or stuck anymore.

I see light ahead in the tunnel...

nigel,
Reactions: grokit

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Let's hope that light ahead in the tunnel is the way out of Customs & not the Fed's locomotive blocking free passage...:)

Shrike,
Reactions: nigel

grokit

well-worn member
I was told that 200 people were able to pre order direct until DV stopped taking them. Of those 200 I was one of the first 5.

You're talking about a few weeks ago, right? Didn't some folks pay in full back in march?

I bought during the first 1/2 hour of availability a few weeks ago, but I have no idea where I stand.

grokit,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Holy crap!!! I missed this the first few times I read through the posts!!

This just got snuck in at the end of a secondary post, and this is what I was looking for in the open letter.

Confirmation that the shipment is moving! That's awesome!

Of course this tells us nothing about how much longer it will take to complete, but at least it's not stalled out or stuck anymore.

I see light ahead in the tunnel...

The way I read this is that DV is dealing with Customs red tape, as it progresses ...hopefully out the door and into the delivery truck on its way to us:peace:.

Snappo,
Reactions: nigel

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
@grokit The only people that have paid directly to davinci are the most recent ones. They are the ones that will be getting the first production runs. The people that paid in full months ago are those that put their cash into the first vendor that would take it but, not DV directly. Those people will be getting theirs as soon as the vendors do. This is why I waited until DV themselves were officially ready to take money.....and still that didn't work out to well. Lol

Tweek

83456975.gif

Shrike

DV does seem like they've managed to calm the storm...

And, hi Tweek! You're looking especially radiant today...:o:cool::lol:

Shrike,
Reactions: Tweek

AscentiaL

A little more follow-up would have been nice -
  • details on the delay
  • any sort of educated estimate of clearance
  • OG DV vs. current situation
  • etc.

Is FC the medium of being more responsive to customer concerns?

AscentiaL,

Shrike

• think they said it is best not to talk about details because of the entity they are dealing with...
  • can any of us guess when the Fed's will do anything that is a benefit to anyone but them?:o
  • not sure about your 3rd point..:)
  • or your 4th..:):)

Zorbak

DaVinci responding has made me feel better, but to be honest i'm still feeling a little left out in the cold about this whole thing. it would be nice if they'd post some nice pics of the vapor seal for us to look at while we're patiently waiting. I really hope that when they finally arrive, there won't be any first-run issues with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom