Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AscentiaL

Phoned DV again - no new info, of course. Not even a window of possibility - days, weeks, months, unknown. In fact, they didn't even know about the promised freebies for "customs-delayed" orders. Absolutely nothing to go on to make an informed decision of whether or not to get off this rollercoaster. I'm seriously considering getting a Solo for over $100 less than the money I have tied up in this ethereal product. At least I hear their refunds are timely, right?

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Phoned DV again - no new info, of course. Not even a window of possibility - days, weeks, months, unknown. In fact, they didn't even know about the promised freebies for "customs-delayed" orders. Absolutely nothing to go on to make an informed decision of whether or not to get off this rollercoaster. I'm seriously considering getting a Solo for over $100 less than the money I have tied up in this ethereal product. At least I hear their refunds are timely, right?
After getting the Solo, you probably won't care less if or when the Ascent ever made it to prime time. I love my Solo unconditionally!
:love:

Smknbud

I had placed and order with GV back in April and also with DaVinci during pre-order. Figured I was covering all bases and at worst could gift/sell the extra one.

Few days ago I contacted GV and canceled the Ascent order and switched it to the Solo. They were accommodating and we worked in some accessories, like a Solo custom case, and some other things and called it a day. They got a sale....and I got a good deal with the Solo. PVHEGonG ordered from PlanetVape.

I'll keep the order with DaVinci for the Ascent....for now.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey forum and Iwien, I wasn't ignoring the rant about the gift certificate- but when you simply stated that you had no use for it and didn't want it, that was kind of the end of it in my mind. Apparently I was and am mistaken. A notification that you changed your mind would have sufficed.

I definitely wasn't trying to not give you your prize, but it was declined. I'm happy to provide you with the code, you can give it to whom ever you please. I'll send it over tomorrow after it can be regenerated.

Also, to put it out there- guys we really enjoy being part of the forum and community...even though its pretty tough right now. You guys are all a pretty cool close community of true like minded enthusiasts. Once again, and sounding like a broken record, apologies for the silence but there isn't too much to update right now- we're all in holding pattern. I'll be the first to admit how fracked up this is, and it wasn't supposed to happen, but here we are. Know that we're doing our best to resolve the issues and get things moving.

Last edited:

lwien

You REALLY want to go there, DV?

Here is the following posts that were made right after that contest. They are dated more than 2 months ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratz Shmoo,

DV, thank you so much for offering up the consolation prize, and believe me, it's much appreciated, but in all honesty, I will never use the gift certificate so if ya can, please offer it to someone who came in close to me. I'd just hate to see it go to waste.

Again, thank you so much for running the contest. Much appreciated.
----June 8th
(no response from DV)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I won the Ascent, I would definitely be using it.

I'm a senior veteran who is living on a fixed income (social security), and as such, I really have to watch my nickles and dimes. Not a lot of disposable income, so for me, the gift certificate, while again, VERY much appreciated, isn't going to work for me simply because I don't have the funds necessary to use it on the DV site. Wish I did, but I don't and is the reason that I suggested to DV that they offer it up to the next best haiku entry so that it could be put to good use by someone here in the FC community.
----June 9t
(no response from DV)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really not looking for a handout here from any FC member. Whoever DV decides to give it to should not feel obligated to send me anything
-----June 9th
(no response from DV)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least 10 more posts on this subject in this thread alone, no only by me, but others as well, but yet, up until now, no responses from DV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I guess my question DV, is did ya give it to the third place winner or just decide to keep it? And if you did just decide to keep it, why not communicate that after the ten or more posts that were made about this subject in this thread? This was brought up sooooo many times in this thread alone and now, 2 months later, you're finally responding?

Like I suggested 2 months ago, I have no use for your gift certificate, so please give it to the third place winner, or give it to ANYONE here who could use it and if you don't want to do that, than I guess..........ah hell, I have no idea what I should guess.

Edit: One more thing, and I'll let this "rant" as you say, go. You said above: "when you simply stated that you had no use for it and didn't want it, that was kind of the end of it in my mind." How can you possibly say that considering not only all of the posts regarding this in this thread, but the posts that I quoted above? How could you possibly think that it was the end of it without announcing who you were going to give it to, or that the gift cert. is now null and void?

So I guess that even though there were 10 or more posts on this subject, by me and others, you felt that you didn't need to respond because it was the end of it in your mind? What the..........???

Ok.........now I'm done. No more from me on this.................

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Iwien, Ok...I see your point. No argument there. I should have read more threads and been more responsive, period.

I didn't really have a third place winner in mind..well if I did then I have no idea where I put that piece of paper with Haiku's scribbled all over it. So what next, I feel like I should just give you an Ascent (someday...when they get here...) for me being an ass and because the Haiku was pretty good. Will you accept one as a piece of an apology as it in no way makes up for my inattentiveness.

lwien

Iwien, Ok...I see your point. No argument there. I should have read more threads and been more responsive, period.

I didn't really have a third place winner in mind..well if I did then I have no idea where I put that piece of paper with Haiku's scribbled all over it. So what next, I feel like I should just give you an Ascent (someday...when they get here...) for me being an ass and because the Haiku was pretty good. Will you accept one as a piece of an apology as it in no way makes up for my inattentiveness.

Accepted...........and thank you.

Don't know if you saw this, but if you didn't, it's something that I posted up awhile ago, back in May, and I think it may prove valuable to you in the future. I've been in this marketing game for a very long time (it was my profession), probably longer than you've been alive, so please, don't take this as an insult, but rather intentions well meant: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/under-promise-over-deliver.9505/

btw, the above thread had nothing to do with this gift certificate or the launch. This was about situations prior, although it applies to this as well.

One other suggestion. For the people here who are waiting, please give them a weekly update. Once a week should suffice. Even if you have nothing new to report, at least they will know that you have not forgotten them. It'll take all of two minutes. I can't begin to tell you how much of a positive impact a simple gesture like that can have on your good will.

Last edited:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Noted and would love to update. Will be sure to do so even with nada to say, like now. I'd have to say that this forum thing is kind of new marketing for everyone and it absolutely takes time and effort- but still totally worth it. Also, we really don't think of it as a marketing place- but rather a place to embrace and foster new ideas. Hopefully we'll be accepted here for a long time to come ...as long as we don't screw up another launch that is. If that happens, I quit and am running for the fences.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Already forgotten by me. Manning/Girling up like you just did is (I think) all that is needed for the majority of us on FC to forgive.

lwien is totally correct about how powerful keeping an honest, open channel with your customers or potential customers is. It only takes a few minutes a week and will last your company its lifetime...bank on it.:)

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
EDIT: Okay... where the f did all of those extra posts come from? I saw a few on page refresh and replied to one and when I hit submit a ton more from the last few hours magically appeared. I see the exact point I was making was already made so, deleted this post as A) out of date and B) redundant.

Last edited:
nigel,
Reactions: Snappo

defy

@Davinci_vaporizer I've seen pics of the new Ascent with the latch around the internet. If there's already (at least) one floating around, can you use this waiting time to post pics and vids and answer questions?

This seems like the perfect distraction for everyone from this continued wait.

~defy

Lazarus

I agree I feel that there are some small things dv can do to make this time a little better and to show us we are on the same side. Pictures and videos help. A weekly update would be wonderful. Having a larger presence on fc would also be great. I understand that this is a frustrating time for both dv and the people looking to get a unit. But any information on what is going on is better than nothing. At this point people are going to speculate, and that's how rumors get started. It will only add to the confusion and frustration.

Lazarus,

Vaporito

Yes Davinci,

more communication on your part would go a long way to restoring the reputation you guys had for excellent customer service... and also build up the excitement for the eventual release of your flagship product that we are waiting for so patiently.

lwien

Ok, after all my ranting and raving against DV, I'm going to come to their defense just a little bit.

I asked here that they should give us weekly updates regarding the launch of the Ascent, and that they should do this even if they don't have anything to report, just to keep us in touch. But I think the request for pics and videos is going a bit too far. They have been providing pics, info and vids in the other Ascent thread. Keep in mind that they got blasted for showing pics and vids over at their FB page while not making the Ascent available yet, and people were outraged due to their "teasing" marketing tactics.

I have no doubt that they have more important things to do than to spoon feed us info, pics and videos for while we like to think how important we are, the fact is that we are but a small part of any manufacturers marketing strategy simply because we represent a small segment of the market. With that being said though, I strongly believe that spending just a few minutes once a week to keep us posted on the "neverending" launch is something that they should definitely do.

"Building up excitement for the eventual release of their flagship product" is kinda what got them into this mess in the first place. :cool:

Lazarus

I don't see them giving free car chargers or extra glass :( its nothing against dv its just its expensive to do that and after rd building a factory making the units and having a issue getting them on the market I have a hard time seeing that happen. I don't want free shit I just want to know when the ascent will be available and why its taking longer then we were told.

zongo47

Accessory Maker
I agree with PoopFights. There's something I never thought i'd say. (Not you, just the act in general) A car charger and extra internal glass pieces would be much better and more useful than extra oil jars I wont use and a t-shirt and "free expedited shipping" on something ordered 3 weeks ago when i paid for faster shipping anyway, and it would be a much better apology to those of us with money in limbo during this fiasco.

Last edited:
zongo47,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom