Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care that they took my money over 6 months ago, but it pisses me off that they keep on repeating their excuses for what seems like poor planning

HMCS.AVENGER,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
"They" didn't take your money 6 months ago, Avenger. They only started taking money 2 weeks ago.
That was whatever Vape store you "pre-bought" from.

Did DV fuck up a bit...sure (who hasn't)
Did they make some assumptions they shouldn't have...sure (bet most of us have done that, too):)

Are they probably feeling worse than all of us...yeah. They're the ones not being able to sell any of
what is probably the most anticipated portable in years. I'm sure there are literally thousands just
waiting to throw their money at them!

So the choices are:

Wait with patience
Wait with anger
Don't wait and "show them" by never buying an Ascent
Don't wait & buy it at some future date after it has been proven to be a great portable.

Thank God for choices...!:):tup:

Last edited:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
OG DV vs. current situation

not sure about your 3rd point..

i understand his third point.... DV is not a rookie company. they built and released the original DV so the Ascent is there second trip to the plate. Ascential's point (if i read it correctly) was did DV have this much trouble building and shipping the original DV? did they have this same issues with "customs" with the original DV?? if not.... then why this time??

Last edited:
mmenzie,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Gotcha, nmenzie

I'm not sure DV could actually answer the question of why Customs this time. It's the same Company, but new product. And Customs probably acts either randomly on items or with its own agenda, according to who is calling the shots at each of their facilities or by orders from those higher up in the food chain of the Gov't.
Though, if DV or their facilitators in China botched the paperwork, then that would account for the hold-up Stateside.

As to the first question...yeah, it would be interesting to find out from them how different their experience was building and shopping the Ascent as compared to their earlier Vape. They could tell us if they want, but it is their Business, so it may not be any of our business. :)

Shrike,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

novicevape

I have been following the Ascent threads for the past 6 months. Here's some speculation that might appease some of you:
1) How long will it take to clear customs? - Google research tells me anywhere between 2-8 weeks.
2) Why did this happen in the first place? Didnt they have the experience of their first vaporizer launch? - They are using a different set of manufacturers/suppliers this time around --- in short, a different supply chain which probably explains the delay partly. And with the beta units, DV identified critical issues that needed to be fixed before releasing it.

The email did mention that the Ascent is moving through the stages. So that gives me hope that it won't be too long before we get the units.

2 Paces

If we're renaming, I humbly submit: The Nascent

Definition is "coming into existence; emerging" - that seems to describe this Vape pretty well for the last year or so :rolleyes:

lwien

Frame it. And post pics.

Ya know, running a contest and then reneging on one of the winners by not, either giving them the prize that they said they were going to give, and worse, not even communicating to the winner that either the prize will never be forthcoming or that it is delayed, or anything just kinda boggles my mind, and believe me, I'd be saying this just as strong if the winner was someone else rather than me. I've just never seen a company do this.

Do they actually think that if they just ignore me, I'll go away? What would ever give them the impression that I would do that? :shrug: I'm one of the most tenacious assholes on the planet. :cool:

grokit

well-worn member
If this thing ever happens it will be everything the pax wanted to be but couldn't.
For now it can fuck off and die:goon:, but hopefully I will love it when it arrives:love:

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying the glass vapor bat in my signature, so much in fact that I just pulled the trigger on the brass sherlock with a purple/blue patina and a jujube bowl that was in my vg shopping cart. I have a shitload of bics so these are perfect. Yeah yeah flint dust whatever, I just let it burn for a second if I don't have my hempwick handy. Where's the vg thread anyways ;)

The sherlock will be the party bowl so I can keep the ascent personal. If it ever happens!

Either way I am done with portables for a bit :doh:

And don't get me started on the pen vapes, they're the only thing more frustrating than this!
:goat: for flowers anyways...

There I feel better now :smug:

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Ya know, running a contest and then reneging on one of the winners by not, either giving them the prize that they said they were going to give, and worse, not even communicating to the winner that either the prize will never be forthcoming or that it is delayed, or anything just kinda boggles my mind, and believe me, I'd be saying this just as strong if the winner was someone else rather than me. I've just never seen a company do this.

Do they actually think that if they just ignore me, I'll go away? What would ever give them the impression that I would do that? :shrug: I'm one of the most tenacious assholes on the planet. :cool:
I would think that DaVinci has a legal obligation to make good on your win. Assemble all communications. A preliminary letter from your attorney might give it the kick-start it needs towards resolution. Admittedly, the principle of the matter far outweighs the value of the prize. Left unresolved by DaVinci further serves to devalue the DaVinci name, already in doubt by many. In a vaped state I'd probably say fuck it. But once I come down, the scales of justice on my other shoulder would be hitting me over the head with a judges mallet. :2c::peace::cheers:
27wrbrc.jpg

Last edited:

lwien

I hear ya loud and clear Snappo, but the flip side of doing what you said above is that I really shouldn't have to resort to those measures.

In my opinion, and realizing full well that there are some here who would disagree with me, I think that DV's lack of meeting their commitments along with the their lack of communication regarding those commitments be it the start of that Haiku contest, the prizes (or prize) not awarded or the issues arising from the Ascent launch itself is totally atrocious.

What makes it even more maddening is that I know that DV reads these threads but yet, they pick and choose what they will respond to and what they won't respond to.

As an example, at the very beginning of all this, they announced a Haiku contest that would start at a very specific time. When that date passed without the contest beginning, I mentioned it. No answer, but yet, there were answers to those posts that asked specific questions about the vaporizer itself. At the beginning of the contest, they stated very specifically, when the winners would be announced. The exact same thing happened. Days went by past the date that they committed to, and while I questioned them as to what was happening, again, my questions went unanswered, and yet those posts before I asked and after I asked, that referred to questions about the vape itself, were answered. They chose not to respond to anything regarding their broken commitments when it came to that fracking contest.

Then came the Assent launch, and the EXACT same thing happened. Shouldn't have been a surprise. Seems to be the DV MO. Various commitments made, all broken, with no communication as to why and what was going on..............until MUCH, MUCH later. In fact, we heard more from 3rd party sources than DV themselves.

And now, here I am complaining about this damn gift certificate and again, they have failed to respond, yet have responded to launch questions, and even those are wayyyyy tooo late.

So no. No attorney from me. It's now the principle of this thing. I'm pissed. No company should do this to their customers or perspective customers, regardless how good the product "may" be. So from my perspective, they have created a mud puddle that I have no problem dragging them through, and offering a fracking t-shirt to those that have waited as long as they have, imho, is a slap in the face.

They shouldn't just come on here and say they're sorry. They should come on here and say that the way that they have handled this situation is totally fucked up, and that whatever patience that some have had here is not really deserved at all and some type of monetary discount should apply to all that pre-payed.

For me........I don't want that 100 dollar gift certificate anymore. I want a brand new free fracking Ascent. Consider it interest. And ya know what? I don't even need a portable being that I just vape at home, so if they honored this request, I would either run a contest here myself, or gift it to one of my sons.

So..............no attorney from me. But, I am not going to go away. And that commitment will not be broken.

Hello DV. :wave: You hearin' me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom