Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
I for one would love to see a picure or drawing of what the clasp/seal looks like. Maybe a sneak peek at the modifications/customizations that should ne coming out Q3. Pretty please.

Vapnoob,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
They've been quiet on FC for awhile now...though I am amused by DV's constant FaceBook postings that seem to keep inflaming the posters over there that want the Ascent NOW!!!!

As we've been told..."Patience is a virtue"...something it seems is lacking on the Facebook page. :)

Shrike,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
They've been quiet on FC for awhile now...though I am amused by DV's constant FaceBook postings that seem to keep inflaming the posters over there that want the Ascent NOW!!!!

As we've been told..."Patience is a virtue"...something it seems is lacking on the Facebook page. :)

its lacking because in my opinion the DV rep that does the FaceBook postings (we have been told here a bunch of times that the people that post for DV are not the same that post here for DV) is deliberately teasing them. take DV's FB post on July 5th...... its a pic of the Ascent next to an alcoholic drink and a water body in the background. clearly a vacation pic... with the words "Enjoy Your Weekend". i felt that was unnecessary posting since it contained no updates and basically said to me "if you had an Ascent you would be enjoying the weekend like us" . now if i felt that way i am SURE most of the people on their FB page that have been waiting since March and don't get the updates like we do. so yes.... i do think they are teasing the public a bit by posting stuff like that on FB and not offering any kind of update to go along with the pics.

mmenzie,
Reactions: Dreamerr

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
heh... shortly after a few posts got moved here (gibberish thread), it was renamed as "GTFO". :) Looks like it is back to normal name.

nigel,

lwien

And who, for Gods sakes, is the second place winner in that Haiku contest that happened ages ago?

I know a lot of you guys are cutting DV some slack over the lack of communication, but all things considered, from contests to release dates along with broken commitments about both and the lack of timely communications about both, personally, I find this business behavior deplorable.

I first commented on this when they failed to announce the beginning of that contest ages ago and yet their MO continues as before.

They may, eventually, bring out a very fine product, but it sure as hell doesn't excuse what has been happening in their marketing arena.

Just one guys opinion though, for whatever that's worth.

Kaptan

I just got off the phone with a rep from Davinci. They anticipate the release of the Ascent before the end of this month. I was also told the Davinci rep that posts here is on vacation this week. Hopefully we will have a firm date next week?

Kaptan,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shrike

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from her in awhile...hope she is enjoying her Ascent on vacation...:)

yeah...it does "seem" like they're rubbing it in their faces on Facebook...not sure why you would keep "teasing" like that when some people are close to foaming at the mouth...

And lwien...it perplexes me why they keep ignoring you every time you bring up that gift certificate that you wish to so generously give to someone else...:\

Shrike,
Reactions: Dreamerr

lwien

And lwien...it perplexes me why they keep ignoring you every time you bring up that gift certificate that you wish to so generously give to someone else...:\

I know, huh. The exact same thing happened when they said that they were going to run the contest in the first place. I kept bugging them about when the hell it was going to start, but never got any reply one way or the other for weeks, yet in between my inquiries, DV came in here to answer other questions that were product related yet totally ignored my questions about the contest. I kinda got my hands slapped a few times for even bringing it up, but the exact same thing is happening all over again, not only with the release dates, but who in the hell is the third place winner of that contest, being that I gave it up. Oh, one more thing. I never did get the gift certificate in the first place, even though it was announced that I should get it and this happened what............over a month ago?

It's all very odd.

lwien,
Reactions: mmenzie

Shrike

I sent a pm to Niki and at DV's website asking about that Yelp deal. I wanted to know if I use that deal to purchase my Ascent, would I still be eligible for the "free" water tool when they release the Ascent.

Now Niki may have been on vacation, but I'm not sure why DV themselves have not responded yet...they always seem to be asking that we contact them with questions...

Shrike,
I sent a pm to Niki and at DV's website asking about that Yelp deal. I wanted to know if I use that deal to purchase my Ascent, would I still be eligible for the "free" water tool when they release the Ascent.

Now Niki may have been on vacation, but I'm not sure why DV themselves have not responded yet...they always seem to be asking that we contact them with questions...
no shes not on vacation

HMCS.AVENGER,

grokit

well-worn member
There were eBay listings that gave a revised ship date of August something (22?) for pre-orders as recently as a few days ago, but these listings have now been removed.

grokit,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I am soooooooooooooooooo over this vape with all there teasing on fb which is not nice at all. DV is a company I liked but now I am not sure. It isn't the delays that bothers me as in the old world we wouldn't have even known this stuff it is just the way it is being handled. The teasing on fb is just rude. It may not be the person that comes here but it is still someone from the company and that says volumes to me.

I am soooooooooooooooooo over this vape with all there teasing on fb which is not nice at all. DV is a company I liked but now I am not sure. It isn't the delays that bothers me as in the old world we wouldn't have even known this stuff it is just the way it is being handled. The teasing on fb is just rude. It may not be the person that comes here but it is still someone from the company and that says volumes to me.
Yeah same thing for me I asked for a refund from Toronto vaporizer since I preordered from them.

HMCS.AVENGER,

rsqemt911

Nano @ Got vape has not returned my last 2 emails. The last contact i had from (him/her) promised an updated release/shipping date within the week (last week on June). Never happened. They are also now promising a pen vape setup for free as a sorry gift on top of the GonG adapter. BUT, if you choose to cancel the Pre-reg on the ascent you get the cost of the pen vape debited from your refund.

Guess they are figuring we will take the deal and then give up and be stuck with the pen and the cost. Pretty slick actually (but really skeezu none the less)

DaVinci replied today that the DO NOT have a release date yet so all the dates and speculation you have heard are 110% unsubstantiated.

rsqemt911,

Vaphyro

Since this is the portable I'm waiting for as well, I'd like to ask if anyone knows where this device is assembled/where the parts come from? The apple factories in China have me checking my conscience, so I hope it's not the worst case scenario.
Also, the teasing is characteristic of so many circles these days (games, movies, dave and busters), so may as well wait. It'll DEFINITELY be worth it to tighten up the air path, those clouds on that one guy's (sorry just forgot the name) review looked noyce.

Vaphyro,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
It's made in china. DV's parent company Organacix own a manufacturing plant there.

Vapnoob,
h
Nano @ Got vape has not returned my last 2 emails. The last contact i had from (him/her) promised an updated release/shipping date within the week (last week on June). Never happened. They are also now promising a pen vape setup for free as a sorry gift on top of the GonG adapter. BUT, if you choose to cancel the Pre-reg on the ascent you get the cost of the pen vape debited from your refund.

Guess they are figuring we will take the deal and then give up and be stuck with the pen and the cost. Pretty slick actually (but really skeezu none the less)

DaVinci replied today that the DO NOT have a release date yet so all the dates and speculation you have heard are 110% unsubstantiated.

hmmmmm... let's just say that I know some people working at davinci soooo.....

HMCS.AVENGER,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
You know people at DV? Then why ask here about the release date? Surely your people must be keeping you informed?

Vapnoob,

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Excuse me DaVinci but my ASS has something it would like to add to the conversation..

*""tooooooooot""*

Damn,,, that was a poor one.. You know,,, one of those high pitch ones that really don't smell that bad (even though ya wish it did :brow:)

But anyways,, yeah, FUCK DV and the Ascent. They've been teasing my tits for too long over this thing.
If this was one of those "You want one?? Well you can't have one." marketing ploys, it failed.
I'm buying a Solo tomorrow. I'm gonna get me a silver one and when I start struttin' my shit around the trailer park using that thing,, everyone's gonna be thinkin I'm from the future er' somethin!

PS: I'll probably still buy the god damn thing when it comes out but fuck DV. They some assholes.

Mod note: Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on. Warning point issued. And feel lucky it wasn't two for the trolling that was done in this post too.

Hoof Hearted,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom