Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got this email.

This week we are featuring "The Apology" promotion. Since we had to postpone the Ascent release, we are offering a free snorkel (a $20 value) to anyone who purchases a black DaVinci Vaporizer between 6/26 - 7/2. This also includes both free shipping and our accessory pack that comes with every unit. Get ready for the 4th of July with DaVinci Vaporizer!
Annoying. Lame. From one who happily waits.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: poonman

PoopFights

Anyone else get really excited when they first got that email about the apology promotion? I totally misread where it said if you bought an original Da Vinci, so then I was frantically clicking all over the email looking for a link to order an Ascent, went to the website and still couldn't order, and ended up calling Customer Service. I got the poor Customer Service girl's hopes up too before she put me on hold to check and told me it was if you bought the original.

On a brighter note I just got my replacement WISPR back. They sent me a WISPR 2 so i'm excited to try that and return my Puffit back to a box in the closet.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
first time post but have been watching for a very long time and have been pre reg since day one. did anybody else notice they took the pre reg off the site or did i just miss that yesterday? must be getting close!

No direct link...but, if you hit the "News" button at the top of the page, it takes you right to the Pre-Reg page.

Shrike,

realslik

Ag
agree, not interested in the davinci at all! And starting to lose interest in ascent tbh
They need to hurry up and release it and stop trying to be cute before people start purposely not buying it just to make a point.

realslik,
Anyone else get really excited when they first got that email about the apology promotion? I totally misread where it said if you bought an original Da Vinci, so then I was frantically clicking all over the email looking for a link to order an Ascent, went to the website and still couldn't order, and ended up calling Customer Service. I got the poor Customer Service girl's hopes up too before she put me on hold to check and told me it was if you bought the original.

Huh. I just re-read it too and realized they meant the original DV. Not much of an apology IMO.

smokie

lol if I get offered a pre register I will take it. but not bothered when it arrives now.
I don't blame davinci for wanting rid of old stock, but had already decided I didn't like davinci and went solo.
I know they need to build anticipation but im over it now!

smokie,
Reactions: Krizzle

vaperizor

honestly why would u offer a promotion on the old da vinci in order to apologize to all the people waiting for the new model? do they really think a snorkel will change our mind?? Like it would of made sense if they made a deal on the ascent or cut the price of the ascent for a week or something.

vaperizor,

evanaquinn

Lol they delay a month to make a better product and people flip out. Peeps in this thread must be chasing the vape dragon lol

evanaquinn,

smokie

Lol they delay a month to make a better product and people flip out. Peeps in this thread must be chasing the vape dragon lol
It's not that it's that when they were waiting on packaging they didn't even have a model ready for market! All beta testing should of been done a long time ago. Instead of promo videos without a product.
I understand things go wrong but think its been handled badly

smokie,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
This is why I never, EVER pre-order or believe ANY company's "release date."

Crohnie,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
...and all this shit will be forgotten after we have been puffin on our Ascent's for a couple of months...that is...until the next shiny object Vape is presented to us...:)

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Actually reminds me of the chevy Volt - really long, long lead up to it, lots of promotion, a whole lot of promises, and then... well, there ya go.

Hope the Ascent turns out better.

Enchantre,
Reactions: Shrike

philmcneal

vap3 master
who knew a seal would make all the difference in terms of performance and testing our patience :p

philmcneal,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Lucy DaVinci plays yet another game of "kick the football" with Charlie Brown. :)

Lucy might just be surprised that DV will be releasing early this week. Good luck Charlie Brown!:wave:

SleepyHead

"Pre-orders will be shipped out latest 15th of August"

I totally understand they want to release the best product possible. But.
The delays are too much. Announcing a product early for release, and then continuously delaying it isn't "good marketing strategy" like some here have been saying. It taints their reputation and professionalism, and being extremely transparent with dates does not help the trust-factor either. Why are we finding out the dates through alternative sites, and not from DV themselves?

"Companies don't usually share with consumers info well before a product is released."
I respectfully disagree. This is a forum for vaping and vapes, it is only natural that vaping companies would want to start the hype at the heart of their audience. Go to other forums though, and other companies do very well the same thing. Same with backing Kickstarter and such, people are now given info from the start of production, and given updates along the way. They just don't keep delaying their products, and when they do, they tell you when it will come out.
But don't worry, because we can get a regular davinci on sale as apologies, because buying a different vaporizer while waiting for a different vape to come out sounds logical. Here have more money for making me wait. Sorry for the rant but, if other companies did this, companies that aren't supplying a product we are craving, I don't think consumers would give the product a second-look.

SleepyHead,
Reactions: Crohnie
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom