Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Nope.

Be patient and wait. I don't think they will let anymore out the door until some issues are refined.

Some of us have GREAT units, but I can only guess as to what the new units will bring (presumably including new firmware)

Lazarus

Nope.

Be patient and wait. I don't think they will let anymore out the door until some issues are refined.

Some of us have GREAT units, but I can only guess as to what the new units will bring (presumably including new firmware)

thanks and i hope so i have been keeping track of both treads.

Lazarus,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
any idea when they are shipping more units
I would hope not for a long time. Poor quality product according to a majority of FC member reports, upon which I have based my opinion. I'm going to wait until DV improves the internal/external design and functions before ever considering the Ascent again. Maybe a version 3 or 4 will be a winner, but I doubt anything as soon as a version 2 will be much better than Version 1. Good luck to all on this one!

Lazarus

I would hope not for a long time. Poor quality product according to a majority of FC member reports, upon which I have based my opinion. I'm going to wait until DV improves the internal/external design and functions before ever considering the Ascent again. Maybe a version 3 or 4 will be a winner, but I doubt anything as soon as a version 2 will be much better than Version 1. Good luck to all on this one!

crap i hope not. I want it so bad.

Lazarus,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
my unit went back to DV for RMA, so i am out my $$$$ for another however long :( i just hope it is right and i won't feeling in the back of my mind that i wasted my money... like i do right now

mmenzie,
Reactions: Snappo

Lazarus

my unit went back to DV for RMA, so i am out my $$$$ for another however long :( i just hope it is right and i won't feeling in the back of my mind that i wasted my money... like i do right now

I hope not. For both your and my sake, I want a good portable, but the pax is too high maintenance and the solo is to big to fit in my pocket

Lazarus,

nigel

I hope not. For both your and my sake, I want a good portable, but the pax is too high maintenance and the solo is to big to fit in my pocket

MUCH better taste than the Pax (not to mention batt life, cleaning, etc, etc)
Much more portable than the Solo (and possibly better taste, etc)

I did too, but I'm over it now.

I know you've been hanging in there for a while, but please don't forget that those of us with good units are really enjoying them!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I think battery life still remains to be seen as we have seen no reports of actually usage time to death while someone was out.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I know you've been hanging in there for a while, but please don't forget that those of us with good units are really enjoying them!

Nigel - I hear ya loud N clear, and was conscious of that fact when I made my comment. I do hope for your sake and others who are thus far satisfied with the Ascent that it holds together and continues to function to your liking. That said, I feel compelled to say that from what I've seen and heard on FC, the Ascent was designed and built on very frail tolerances i.e., a fraction of a millimeter here or there prove the difference between pass or major fail. Materials used are still highly questionable (off-gassing still a mystery unanswered by DV), failing adhesives, etc. etc. etc. This device, IMO, walks a thin tight-rope at best. Sorry to say.
:shrug:...:cheers:

nigel

@Snappo As someone who has played with a few units now, to someone that hasn't seen one: I think it will be okay. They need to fix things like the supplier of the ?silicone? and I know they are already working on new firmware for the units.

Their first device was very solid. This device can be once they are done.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
@Snappo As someone who has played with a few units now, to someone that hasn't seen one: I think it will be okay. They need to fix things like the supplier of the ?silicone? and I know they are already working on new firmware for the units.

Their first device was very solid. This device can be once they are done.
I'll be among the very first to get back on the gravy train when all things are made right. Meantime, to all, I remain your FC friend!

Reflections

I received the 2nd wave pre-order ascent,croc style.Did the burn-off and clean and have been enjoying mine . I have been experimenting with heat temps and packs and grinds or shreds. I have a few visual defects but thats not important as the function.

I am new to vaping since january this year, so i dont have alot of experiance or other vapes to compare to except the pax. I wanted to have a back up since i had to already send my pax back after 2 weeks when i first got it and started following the ascent thread. I have been waiting since Feb. to try this glass on glass experiance since all I've ever done is combust.

So I really want this to work and im trying all the suggestions of tite pack beads and cotton. Im happy!
I'm just worried if there is some problems underlying like others have suggested,because i want to share it with my husband who has copd............

rsqemt911

If you ordered from GV, when it come in DO NOT USE IT if you want a refund. They told me to do the burn off and use it and see. When I called back they said I couldn't return it anymore because I used it. they refused a refund initially and finally they made an exception after I told them they took my money gave me a dangerous unit and have no idea when I will get a new one. I also told them there are members on here who they have done that for as well. They finally agreed after I dropped health violation and unsafe product, ect.

Biggest vaporizong disaster ever ....

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I'm just worried if there is some problems underlying like others have suggested,because i want to share it with my husband who has copd............
I'm not sure that any vaporizer used w/plant matter is going to be beneficial for an individual with COPD. Some might advocate for it with certain herbs, or even pot, which is said to have an anti-inflammatory effect (short-term/temporary) in the bronchials, but overall this is an irritant. Hence, the cough. Of course if he must, it's better than combustion. In any event, I wouldn't suggest risking his condition with a device that may have off-gassing issues. Better check that out thoroughly before use. Good luck!

BTW...I've had a chronic bronchial condition all my life. Vaping does tend to relax the bronchials for a short time after use, for me anyway. But feelings of respiratory distress always return. That's the condition. So, for me, it's always a good idea to give it a rest for a few days here and there for things to clear up a bit and relax on its own. Then back to Nirvana until the next lung break.

Last edited:

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Nope.

I hope that more than SOME issues are refined. ALL issues should be dealt with. Even down to the OLED fiasco.

Imagine spending 250 on a new smartphone with a screen defect when the screen is off. I am stating the OLED because that is universal to all ascents.

Next is the plastic between the silicone ends where the glass stem is. WTF? Could we not just get full silicone all the way? Right now that plastic is part of the design. Should it really be?

A firmware would be great. Maybe bring a cohesive experience for all users instead of erratic software behavior.

What is your guess as to what the new units bring? Think the concerns above as well as the other easy to fix QC problems will be fixed? Will they even be addressed in version 2?

Lets face it, ANY ascents being shipped out currently or in the future should be considered version 2, b/c if DV lets any more units out before there are fixes (making all ascents more homogenized) I hope they...

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
How many good units do you know of besides yours, vaped&confuseds, and the early testers?

Pushing the envelope to the leading edges of any existing technology has its perils.
Mine is a powerhouse of a portable! I'm blowing giant solo rivaling clouds with it as I type this. I'm sure DV will get it together. I wish you guys were having the experience with it that I've had. It really is an amazing portable.

Dreamerr

How is my question?...visible vapor I got but big clouds no way.

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I dunno. A tight pack and a glass bead I guess. I get fat fat rips from 365 on up. Dreamerr I really hope you get a chance to use a flawless one. I really think you'll enjoy it.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

I have nigels, there is zero issue with it. That was my results trying it every which way and might I add I even did it sitting up because some of you know I vape upside down most of the time. To be clear with each thing in my review I did it both ways laying down my norm and sitting up. I found no real different in medication or vapor. I wasn't bothered by where the herb ended up but it was always loose when I was done...no puck here so there may in lie the problem but I don't like to do magic tricks to use a vape. All vapes aren't for everybody.

Dreamerr

I pushed and pushed and pushed as that is what your info said...if that isn't enough then I don't care cause it is then work something I am not into. We were told we didn't have to open and stir so to them a hard pack wasn't necessary but according to all on the thread you must pack hard which means you have to open to repack. All I have to say to that is fuck it lol. I am fairly sure if my herb was dryer it may have pucked better but guess what same herb other vapes comes out in chunk and I don't pack those tight like I did this.

Dreamerr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom