Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmafuf0

Order 3305 stealth just got shipping confirmation notice. Hope it gets here before the weekend. I'd like to give it a good break in.

Elmafuf0,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I looked at everyone's packages and the shipping labels is morning- they all say Priority 1 Day or Priority 2 day, same as yesterday. Sorry guys, I despise USPS and their systems.

Yep- Croc and the rest of the Stealth are in! All is being shipped. Orders to me soon, but I need to ensure what stock is incoming for us.

Regarding distribution, once we have the numbers here to send to all of our distributors will release general distribution to our our wholesalers, GV and TV. I'm sorry that you guys that participated in presales from them will have to wait a little while but I've stated from the beginning that we will be selling on our site first. I will leak shipments to them to satisfy presales as fast as I can.

For now, GV, DV, and TV are the ONLY authorized online resellers. Once this changes, I will update.

Juankk

I recived an email from GV :
Hey Juan,

I finally have some good news for you! DaVinci has gotten clearance for the first shipment from Custom’s. Our pre-order units are currently on the way to their sorting facility then they will be next day aired to us.

Our goal is to be able to start shipping between this Fri-Tues of next week.

Juankk,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I recived an email from GV :
Hey Juan,

I finally have some good news for you! DaVinci has gotten clearance for the first shipment from Custom’s. Our pre-order units are currently on the way to their sorting facility then they will be next day aired to us.

Our goal is to be able to start shipping between this Fri-Tues of next week.

well sorry to say that GV seems to have lied yet again. if i read the post from DV directly above yours, correctly... GV is not going to be able to honor that statement. As everyone here that knows me will not be surprised when i say "not surprised at all"

AscentiaL

Hey DV, a couple of us in California haven't seen any movement on our tracking numbers since yesterday, nothing beyond electronic info received, or that USPS even has them in hand. Did every order that got a tracking number yesterday definitely physically ship out?

AscentiaL,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just thinking back on this thread ... seems to me DV has always stated if you want to be first in line, you need to order from them. Distributors (all distributors) will receive shipments after pre-sales from DV directly are met. This isn't a change. DV also never promised that pre-registration would guarantee pre-order; chances would have been better if the pre-order e-mails hadn't been leaked (to no fault of DV's)

Seems to me like most of the bad sentiments are misdirected (not all, but most) at DV. Seems to me most of the things DV is being held accountable for are things that they haven't even done (for example, people are pissed off because they are not getting their pre-orders from TV and GV when they were supposed to, because they were informed that DV told GV/TV such and such ...) ... then DV comes on and says here is our stance (which is different than what someone says GV/TV was told by DV ... seems to be a recurring theme)

Anyways ... seems to me that the line between what DV actually said vs the 3rd hand information of what DV said has become rather blurred leading to a lot of confusion.

I haven't been desperate for this vape (just been patiently waiting) ... and from what I can see, there's more people upset because of what someone said that DV said than over what DV actually promised. It also seems to me like DV's for the most part just taken the high road and has never launched any accusations at anyone and has just continued to state their stance without assigning any blame.

Anyways ... just my 2 cents ...

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well stated Jcat, that's exactly how I see it......
Thanks for the vote of confidence! (Figured I couldn't be the only one looking at it from this perspective :lol:)

Seems people are more than happy to join the lynching mob without first being educated on why the lynching is occurring ...

Edit: And I REALLY would have liked to have my Ascent for my summer trips, just not blaming DV for it not happening (would have been nice as opposed to standing outside hotels etc with a MiniVAP ... might as well plug in and setup a little table and station I'm so NOT discrete at that point ... good thing I'm legal :lol:)

JCat,

CMD

Just thinking back on this thread ... seems to me DV has always stated if you want to be first in line, you need to order from them. Distributors (all distributors) will receive shipments after pre-sales from DV directly are met. This isn't a change. DV also never promised that pre-registration would guarantee pre-order; chances would have been better if the pre-order e-mails hadn't been leaked (to no fault of DV's)

Seems to me like most of the bad sentiments are misdirected (not all, but most) at DV. Seems to me most of the things DV is being held accountable for are things that they haven't even done (for example, people are pissed off because they are not getting their pre-orders from TV and GV when they were supposed to, because they were informed that DV told GV/TV such and such ...) ... then DV comes on and says here is our stance (which is different than what someone says GV/TV was told by DV ... seems to be a recurring theme)

Anyways ... seems to me that the line between what DV actually said vs the 3rd hand information of what DV said has become rather blurred leading to a lot of confusion.

I haven't been desperate for this vape (just been patiently waiting) ... and from what I can see, there's more people upset because of what someone said that DV said than over what DV actually promised. It also seems to me like DV's for the most part just taken the high road and has never launched any accusations at anyone and has just continued to state their stance without assigning any blame.

Anyways ... just my 2 cents ...

Part of the problem has been the communication or lack thereof from DV themselves. The TV site which I ordered from initially indicated the pre orders would be among the first to receive them. Seeing as TV received a demo unit quite early it appeared they had a pretty good relationship with DV (also demonstrated by the fact they are only one of two authrized sellers and the only one in Canada). While DV has stated they would send their own preorders out first, I would hope they would send some stock to their distributors before they open up additional DV presales and from the 3-4 week estimated timeframe for delivery to TV, I am not entirely sure that is the route that is being taken.

CMD,

Reveen

Hey DV, a couple of us in California haven't seen any movement on our tracking numbers since yesterday, nothing beyond electronic info received, or that USPS even has them in hand. Did every order that got a tracking number yesterday definitely physically ship out?

I've had several packages be delivered before having any tracking information updated from the "electronic information received" status. Good ol' USPS.

Reveen,
Reactions: nigel

smokie

Just had notification order shipped :) now the wait, hopefully will receive in about a week

smokie,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Part of the problem has been the communication or lack thereof from DV themselves. The TV site which I ordered from initially indicated the pre orders would be among the first to receive them. Seeing as TV received a demo unit quite early it appeared they had a pretty good relationship with DV (also demonstrated by the fact they are only one of two authrized sellers and the only one in Canada). While DV has stated they would send their own preorders out first, I would hope they would send some stock to their distributors before they open up additional DV presales and from the 3-4 week estimated timeframe for delivery to TV, I am not entirely sure that is the route that is being taken.
Seems to me that actually is the route being taken ... DV pre-orders first ... than distributors which puts you 3-4 weeks back from initial orders from DV (with any luck it won't be this long as DV stated). When I decided NOT to order from TV and to instead wait and order directly from DV it was based on what DV stated in these threads (as opposed to hearsay and wishful thinking based on not wanting to pay duty). The way I read the thread and DV's statements as that if I didn't order directly from DV, the wait after DV pre-orders was yet unknown (seems the retailers wanted you to believe otherwise ... but DV's statements have always led me to believe that what is happening ... apart from the customs delay ... is basically exactly what was expected)

DV couldn't very well tell you "do not expect the shipments until 2-8 weeks after pre-orders are met if you order from TV or GV" as that would directly contradict what GV and TV were saying and they wouldn't want to hurt their relations with their retailers, so instead just kept stating their position that DV pre-orders would be met first without addressing TV or GV's statements directly (as to do so would be to call them out on their misdirection to their customers ...)

I could be misreading this though ... could be DV that mislead GV and TV as opposed to GV/TV that mislead their customers to ensure their sales ... but sure doesn't seem that way having monitored this thread pretty closely from the beginning.

Meghan

I'm really disappointed that I paid for an Ascent from EZVapes before learning (weeks back) that they are actually not an "authorized distributor". That's confusing me. Is EZVapes scamming people, then? Did they not have the right to sell them and take my money? Should I be worried, or just patient? (I can be patient, but if EZVapes isn't going to get any Ascents in the next few months because they aren't an authorized distributor, obviously I'd like my money back from them so I can give it to someone who can actually sell me what I've paid for).

Ah, confusion. My familiar friend. :uhh:

Edited to add: Yes, I'm totally aware that the best method for getting an Ascent quickly is/was ordering directly from DV. I'm not worried about being one of the first to have one. But when I ordered mine, I honestly didn't realize there was this key difference between ordering from TV, GV, or EZVapes. I sincerely wish I had!

Meghan,
Reactions: Jab

JCat

Accessory Maker
I'm really disappointed that I paid for an Ascent from EZVapes before learning (weeks back) that they are actually not an "authorized distributor". That's confusing me. Is EZVapes scamming people, then? Did they not have the right to sell them and take my money? Should I be worried, or just patient? (I can be patient, but if EZVapes isn't going to get any Ascents in the next few months because they aren't an authorized distributor, obviously I'd like my money back from them so I can give it to someone who can actually sell me what I've paid for).

I'd cancel your order and order from an authorized retailer ... or at least contact DV but seems like that's what they are saying.

JCat,

CMD

Seems to me that actually is the route being taken ... DV pre-orders first ... than distributors which puts you 3-4 weeks back from initial orders from DV (with any luck it won't be this long as DV stated). When I decided NOT to order from TV and to instead wait and order directly from DV it was based on what DV stated in these threads (as opposed to hearsay and wishful thinking based on not wanting to pay duty). The way I read the thread and DV's statements as that if I didn't order directly from DV, the wait after DV pre-orders was yet unknown (seems the retailers wanted you to believe otherwise ... but DV's statements have always led me to believe that what is happening ... apart from the customs delay ... is basically exactly what was expected)

DV couldn't very well tell you "do not expect the shipments until 2-8 weeks after pre-orders are met if you order from TV or GV" as that would directly contradict what GV and TV were saying and they wouldn't want to hurt their relations with their retailers, so instead just kept stating their position that DV pre-orders would be met first without addressing TV or GV's statements directly (as to do so would be to call them out on their misdirection to their customers ...)

I could be misreading this though ... could be DV that mislead GV and TV as opposed to GV/TV that mislead their customers to ensure their sales ... but sure doesn't seem that way having monitored this thread pretty closely from the beginning.

I feel that DV could have said to not expect the shipments until 2-8 weeks after they begin filling their own preorders instead of allowing the wholesalers (who they selected to act for sellers on their behalf) regardless of if this went against what TV and GV were advising potential customers. Had that been clearly stated by DV instead of vague references than I likely would have bit the bullet, ordered directly through DV and paid whatever duty to avoid an additional month waiting. Regardless, at this point it doesn't really change the reality of the situation. Just hope DV communicates more openly and clearly to customers moving forward even if the info goes against what DVs own wholesalers are saying.

Chill Dude

Thanks for the vote of confidence! (Figured I couldn't be the only one looking at it from this perspective :lol:)

Seems people are more than happy to join the lynching mob without first being educated on why the lynching is occurring ...

Edit: And I REALLY would have liked to have my Ascent for my summer trips, just not blaming DV for it not happening (would have been nice as opposed to standing outside hotels etc with a MiniVAP ... might as well plug in and setup a little table and station I'm so NOT discrete at that point ... good thing I'm legal :lol:)
yeah, I feel that DV has done the best they can under the given circumstances. They never guaranteed a date when the units would be shipped to GV and TV. They simply said, they were going to fill preorders first. So IMO, DV made it very clear that if you want to be one of the first Ascent owners, order through them through the pre-order process.

When I'm out of town on business, I typically rip my Solo in the hotel room and blow the vapor out the window. However, on family vacations with the kids, I usually take a 15 minute vape walk outside the hotel....

Chill Dude,

Lazarus

I agree it seems more like bad communication between dv and the distributors. I must say I am very displeased with dv's communication with everyone both costumers and distributor's

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
@Lazarus, your left out and within there own staff. The different answers people would get when they called and the fb person is crazy ridiculous.

Lazarus

@Lazarus, your left out and within there own staff. The different answers people would get when they called and the fb person is crazy ridiculous.

That's what I am saying they will say one thing on the phone one thing on fb and one thing on fc and then no one as any idea what's going on

Lazarus,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
My tracking updated this morning when my ascent left Vegas. Estimated delivery: TOMORROW!!!!! Yayyyyy!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

theCerberus

@JCat The problem is I dont believe it is the retailers fault. When the DV FB rep is saying one thing, the customer service phone rep is saying another, DV wholesale rep is saying something different and DV on FC is saying "the truth?".

The problem is internal and IS with DV, despite if the DV rep on here is the most truthful, mixed messages are being sent directly from "official" DV through other channels.

metsfan24

Edited to add: Yes, I'm totally aware that the best method for getting an Ascent quickly is/was ordering directly from DV. I'm not worried about being one of the first to have one. But when I ordered mine, I honestly didn't realize there was this key difference between ordering from TV, GV, or EZVapes. I sincerely wish I had!

I signed up for an account on this site to respond to you!! Finding out that EZvapes was not an authorized dealer scared me because I want the warranty. Not to fear though! I just called them and they told me they purchased right off Davinci's wholesaler and the warranty won't be a problem. They are also waiting for tracking numbers. I really just don't want to cancel my order with them because I got a sick deal from them. A+ for EZvapes!

Vaporito

SO I'm still waiting for some sort of idea on when DV will open for new pre-orders in particular for the burl wood. I'm set on getting that one in particular....

Now this is more frustrating seeing them ship but no info on when new orders will be open!

Vaporito,

theCerberus

I looked at everyone's packages and the shipping labels is morning- they all say Priority 1 Day or Priority 2 day, same as yesterday. Sorry guys, I despise USPS and their systems.

Still didnt answer my question about Canadian shipping since those 2 types of shipping do not exist to ship here. There is 5 day and 10 day shipping, which did DV use? Looks like 10 day when I put it into USPS. :(

theCerberus,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom