Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Just triple checked with the shipping dept, they assured me that Domestic, International...everything went out USPS Priority Express. We checked peoples tracking, it is reading Priority, but it's not. Customs values are also marked low for faster clearance and less duties. Can't wait for people to start receiving them tomorrow!

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Ah well. Good for him. All that matters is...
its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif

dirtydozen12

Hey @Davinci_vaporizer can you please elaborate exactly why there was such a hold up in customs? Whether it was paper work filled out improperly or was it the way the units were packaged etc?

Side note, mine has also shipped :smug:

dirtydozen12,

Kaptan

Guys, USPS changed their shipping names..oddly both Priority and Express are called Priority. One takes 3-4 days, the other 1-2. All orders are going out with the 1-2 delivery date, aka Express which is what is promised.

Also, we received some boxes, some we are still waiting on their arrival. So, unfortunately not all orders are able to be filled today. We are short some black and are missing the crocs. We wanted to get everything out as fast as possible and they are being processed by order number. The remaining units are in route and we will have them filled before the end of the week. Sales will open again once these orders are filled.
I just verified with USPS that my tracking information is most definitely not priority express. The CSR told me that it was shipped priority 2-3 day shipping, but can take up to 5 days AND you must be home to receive the package as a signature is required. Very Disappointing! I'm excited it shipped, but the waiting game and USPS tracking is no fun. :bang:

Kaptan,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Woo-hoo! :cheers:

#3277 shipped, ordered about an hour in on the first day.

I wasn't invited but I was pre-registered, what ever that means (I don't fucking care anymore).

:peace:

not that it matter but it is odd.... i ordered 4 minutes after they opened the window on the first day and my order number is 3288 which is 11 after you and you said were an hour into the order window. LOL as long as they are coming... who cares!!!

p.s. and yes i got a tracking number (even though their website says awaiting fulfillment) and it says 2 day priority and its the burl wood

Last edited:
mmenzie,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Mine says 3-day priority, I did not pay the extra $5.

Did those of you that paid the extra $5 get the 2-day priority or does that make too much sense?

It does beg the question regarding what the emailed shipping upgrade actually entailed (and for whom), but as long as I get my free t-shirt I don't care!

grokit,

zongo47

Accessory Maker
Doesn't the 2 day priority vs 3 day priority depend more on proximity to the shipper? I've noticed selling on ebay that standard priority shipping now prints stating 2-day priority to states that are closer to me.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Yeah... USPS doesn't work like the other shippers.

Your tracking info will be *WELLLLLLL* behind the shipment's actual location.
You'll probably have it in your hand before it reports "delivered."

And, delivery times are... well...

If FedEx says "overnight" it is overnight. On the Nose. If FedEx says "2 day" it is two day. (Doesn't matter if it has arrived 6am the following day and your house is 100ft from their front door. I've called to talk them into delivering "today" instead. Nope. Nada. Not going to happen.)

If UPS says "overnight" it usually is. If UPS says "two day" you might actually get it tomorrow if it is close enough.

If USPS says "overnight" that means a general guideline of "maybe sometime soon."

[There was a case a few years back where USPS had to have court papers filed in the next day. Lawyers sent the documents (whatever they called their super-urgent-immediate-express-priority-overnight mail back then). Papers arrived like a week later.]

That's been my experience. Your milage may vary....

[EDIT: I don't mean to disparage all of the hard working postal carriers. What I mean to say is that don't apply FedEx logic to the USPS. They will do their darndest to get something to you. (I had someone drive down to open a closed postoffice on a holiday eve for me. The other shipping companies would never do that.) It's just their sense of time is different. Please make allowances for that.]

Last edited:
nigel,
Reactions: Snappo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom