Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

escierdanyc

I made the mistake earlier in the thread of saying they are Chinese made but was corrected unless that was another vape lol. It seems like some companies just own factories there so they can still have cheap labor and always have there eyes on there product instead of outright outsourcing if I get this correctly.

Sounds odd, if you ask me. Chinese factories are known for being delusive about their business. The last product I bought from DV was made in China.

escierdanyc,

Medical Mark

Davinci_vaporizer
Message Count: 282
Just caught up on this thread...so we've been working closely with the production team on the improvements and they are looking good. For those that asked, the lock will be a small clasp on the outside of the unit which will decrease airflow a little as well as preventing you from cracking the hinge open the wrong way. It will in no way compromise the vapor path.

Also, someone asked about our production facility so I'll share a little about our background for you guys. We've been manufacturing various products for other people through the years, but have tons of experience with sourcing, qc management, logistics and such. When we entered into this industry, we decided to open up our own factory and build it from the ground up, so we are one of the few manufacturers to actually own our factory. I'll tell you ..that alone has been an interesting experience and lends to an amount of challenges that I cannot begin to explain. However, it gives us much better control than to outsource to some random Chinese manufacturer...not to mention protection from copycats. Probably doesn't help our case for the delays, but we do still rely on outside vendors for materials and such. We are making improvements every day and the same vendors were not used for DaVinci as for Ascent. Totally different build materials all together.

I'll keep ya'll posted and thanks to everyone for kind words of encouragement for fixing the issues! Kudos
Introducing...The DaVinci
The DaVinci development blog
Davinci_vaporizer, Jun 21, 2013 Report#454LikeReply
dh2fast4u, eyewhites, Dogman and 27 others like this.

So whats this post all about then? Sounds to me like they have a factory but where is it?
Sorry but its not clear is it.
Medical mark

Medical Mark,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
So.... In usual davinci fashion.... We have yet another delay! The ascents are being held by customs and davinci "has no clue when they'll be released" that's a quote from the rep I just spoke to on the phone! I don't know why the hell I ever expected this to go right. Oh... Probably because davinci has stated on numerous occasions that they wouldn't take our money until they were POSITIVE the ascents were ready to go! So much for that. Smmfh.
Jesus. So they're not shipping out today after all? Unbelievable.

Wait...no, it's entirely believable. DV is the king of crushed dreams.

And we're STILL waiting to see this latch thing! It's not even in their most recent videos. Seriously, does no one over there own a camera? They're taking money for a product that they refuse to show what the final version is going to look like...

grokit

well-worn member
So.... In usual davinci fashion.... We have yet another delay! The ascents are being held by customs and davinci "has no clue when they'll be released" that's a quote from the rep I just spoke to on the phone! I don't know why the hell I ever expected this to go right. Oh... Probably because davinci has stated on numerous occasions that they wouldn't take our money until they were POSITIVE the ascents were ready to go! So much for that. Smmfh.

So much for protection from copycats.

Chinese customs is where they reverse-engineer these kind of things ;)

grokit,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
In case you haven't heard DV said nobody has copied the first dv so either they don't want to copy it or it is locked down fairly well. That is why when people mention authorized vendors and stuff I don't get it if no copies are out there who cares where you get it from.

Dreamerr,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
major YAWN!!

extra thks to those jumping the line and taking advantage of DV's pre-order management shortfall. I love getting screwed over.....

smokum,

evanaquinn

Lol people need to chill. Go pet your cat guys :)
Take your time dv, I just got my bubbler in hehe

evanaquinn,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Lol people need to chill. Go pet your cat guys :)
Take your time dv, I just got my bubbler in hehe
No, I think in this particular instance people have every right to be down right pissed. That aside all we can do is be patient. I believe it's going to be an absolutely stellar portable (and have for quite awhile now), so I will continue my patience. Still doesn't mean we can't be angry at the situation.

grokit

well-worn member
I agree with VaPeD, this is kind of ridiculous considering they even limited the first day of ordering to the stealth model, which certainly implied at least that that was the model they had in hand at the time.

edit to add :cuss:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
No, I think in this particular instance people have every right to be down right pissed. That aside all we can do is be patient. I believe it's going to be an absolutely stellar portable (and have for quite awhile now), so I will continue my patience. Still doesn't mean we can't be angry at the situation.
Let us hope that US Customs isn't dealing with violation/s.:worms:

Snappo,

Rexxe

I think we have a right to be upset because of the fact that they actually took the money already. If they hadn't taken it, I'd be less upset about it. No company should be taking your money UNTIL the product actually ships (unless it's a special order).

2 Paces

A longer wait won't kill me, to be honest I expected it. What I don't like is the way DaVinci talked about shipping. Maybe it is just my perception, but the post last week definitely led me to believe the units were in hand. A direct quote from DaVinci:

"There are limited batches coming in daily and we will start shipping to our customers on 7.29. No one else has units yet"

Now it sounds like there were not batches coming in daily, and that no one (including DV) had units. A bit misleading.

But I suppose it worked, they got me to fork over my money :clap:

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Shit! They've fooled me so many times since the first delay..... I swear I must have SUCKER tattooed on my forehead!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
"There are limited batches coming in daily and we will start shipping to our customers on 7.29. No one else has units yet"

THanks for the reminder. That and a few other comments make me think this in indeed the case. (I think that's why there were only stealth the first day as that was what they were supposed to get today.)

As I indicated before, the checks are (usually) just random, and the shipment for tomorrows orders, may or may not get flagged also. If it is random (and not for cause) I'd expect the second shipment to arrive before the first, so maybe the first group can get their units from that shipment?

Let us hope that US Customs isn't dealing with violation/s.

Most likely it is just them making sure that what is claimed is in the shipment is exactly what is inside. These random checks happen all the time.

"There are limited batches coming in daily"

The part that is left out of that sentence is "...starting July 29th."

I believe the intent was to get the orders (boxes, shipping labels, etc) all queued up for today, then to open the shipment, take out a unit, and drop it in its individual shipping box for outbound.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I think we have a right to be upset because of the fact that they actually took the money already. If they hadn't taken it, I'd be less upset about it. No company should be taking your money UNTIL the product actually ships (unless it's a special order).

Anyone complaining about them charging you already should go take a peek at the mivape thread. Its been almost two years since i was charged for preordering that, and it still doesnt look like its anywhere close to being released. Of course i got my money back a long time ago but still.

Its a preorder and delays are inevitable. Thats what you get for being one of the first to get your hands on what looks to be an awesome unit. If your going to complain, just call up davinci and ask for a refund and wait until its actually released. Im sure they would be more than happy to oblige

We all know everyone is frustrated but coming on here and complaining isnt going to get your vape any faster. Dont get me wrong id totally be compaining had i actually received one of the preorder emails and been able to preorder but alas i was not. Everything happens for a reason i guess

Mynameismud,
Reactions: salivape

Hexi

Everything happens for a reason i guess

And that reason is usually gravity and/or friction.

If it really is U.S. customs holding up on shipments, you kinda have to give DV a pass on that one item. You can't really Boss Hog US customs because you took a bunch of pre-orders.

Hexi,
Reactions: OF

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
And that reason is usually gravity and/or friction.

If it really is U.S. customs holding up on shipments, you kinda have to give DV a pass on that one item. You can't really Boss Hog US customs because you took a bunch of pre-orders.
I dont think you can give them a pass, considering they made that post about them having their own warehouse for manufacturing and everything and bashing companies with factories in china (although they never did say where their factory was)

But i also dont think its fair to bash and complain about another delay whether its their fault or not. It comes with the territory of preordering and should have been expected. I cant think of one preorder vape that has gone smoothly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom