Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsqemt911

so those of us who ordered through gotvape just sit tight a few extra days because their stock is being shipped to them on Monday with the preorders? I'm not sure exactly how it works for authorized 3rd party vendors.

Don't count on it. GV has dropped the ball soo many times now. nano has promised me updates and never follows through and they never reply to thier emails in a timely manner.

Last word from him was the 22nd it was shipping. And since the big updates from DV I have recieved NOTHING from GV.

I will never shop with then again.

I asked for honesty and transparency and recieved neither. Only LIES and false promises that I already knew from here were unsubstantiated.

rsqemt911,
Reactions: mmenzie

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
so those of us who ordered through gotvape just sit tight a few extra days because their stock is being shipped to them on Monday with the preorders? I'm not sure exactly how it works for authorized 3rd party vendors.
Is that what GotVape told you...getting their order shipped to them on Monday? Didn't DV say on this forum a few days ago that GotVape and Toronto won't be shipped to until middle of August?

Snappo,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If you been on this site long enough you should have known the reputation of GV. I am sure you will get it but it will be a long wait.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I am not involved in this mess as I bowed out to not stress myself and it seems like I made the correct decission.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm just happy that I was able to have enough patience to wait and order direct. Davinci stated many times that they would NOT accept money until they were POSITIVE that units were ready to go. So I'm just hoping, after all the bumps in this road, that this final stretch is smooth sailing.

pastadoble

Is that what GotVape told you...getting their order shipped to them on Monday? Didn't DV say on this forum a few days ago that GotVape and Toronto won't be shipped to until middle of August?

no, it's not what they told me. Just an educated guess. Are educated guesses allowed here?

Edit: I did place a call to GV, but got their voicemail which is completely expected as it is Saturday. Even if they do ship in mid August I can be patient for three four main reasons:
  1. I've got an ariser solo
  2. I'll be out of town during the beginning of August, anyway and likely wouldn't be home to accept my ascent even if it were shipped next week (and given where I live, I wouldn't want a $250 anything sitting on my porch a second longer than it has to).
  3. I'm a quadriplegic, and we are literally creatures of patience
  4. I've got an ariser solo
So either way, it's all good.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
no, it's not what they told me. Just an educated guess. Are educated guesses allowed here?

Pastadoble - By all means, educated guesses are AOK:tup:! I hope you didn't feel that I was challenging you...not at all! Be at peace my forum friend. :peace::)

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Don't count on it. GV has dropped the ball soo many times now. nano has promised me updates and never follows through and they never reply to thier emails in a timely manner.

Last word from him was the 22nd it was shipping. And since the big updates from DV I have recieved NOTHING from GV.

I will never shop with then again.

I asked for honesty and transparency and recieved neither. Only LIES and false promises that I already knew from here were unsubstantiated.

:) :) :) :) :)

pastadoble

Pastadoble - By all means, educated guesses are AOK:tup:! I hope you didn't feel that I was challenging you...not at all! Be at peace my forum friend. :peace::)

I know I'm new here, but this is one of, if not the most unfriendly forums for new people. Why is that? It seems somewhat counterintuitive for a cannabis-related forum.

pastadoble,
Reactions: Conky

mewash2

A quick look at your posts shows that you have already called members here internet nerds. Gee, why wouldn't these nerds welcome you with open arms?

mewash2,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I know I'm new here, but this is one of, if not the most unfriendly forums for new people. Why is that? It seems somewhat counterintuitive for a cannabis-related forum.
I'm afraid that I could not disagree with you more! New forum members (who introduce themselves and present their concerns respectfully) are treated with hospitality, helpfulness, and respect. I'm not saying that it hasn't happened, but that it is far and away the exception here and not the rule. My sense of you through your posts is that you are overly sensitive and are easily prone to misinterpret intent. You misinterpreted my reply to you which was actually a challenge to the veracity of DV's post of the other day, and absolutely not a challenge to you. Try mixing in a little bit of a friendly spirit in your own posts and perhaps you will more easily sense the friendliness in the replies you get. I find it is best to post NOT with a sense of outright entitlement, but with a humble sense of community and contribution. I'm sure you already know all this...but if you don't, I respectfully suggest that you try it on for size. Try it. It's contagious and inspirational! We're with you my friend. Join us!:)

Edit: We must also understand that people have differing standards of communication and demeanor, none of which are intended to be in any way offensive, but can be taken as such if one is so inclined.

pastadoble

I'm afraid that I could not disagree with you more! New forum members (who introduce themselves and present their concerns respectfully) are treated with hospitality, helpfulness, and respect. I'm not saying that it hasn't happened, but that it is far and away the exception here and not the rule. My sense of you through your posts is that you are overly sensitive and are easily prone to misinterpret intent. You misinterpreted my reply to you which was actually a challenge to the veracity of DV's post of the other day, and absolutely not a challenge to you. Try mixing in a little bit of a friendly spirit in your own posts and perhaps you will more easily sense the friendliness in the replies you get. I find it is best to post NOT with a sense of outright entitlement, but with a humble sense of community and contribution. I'm sure you already know all this...but if you don't, I respectfully suggest that you try it on for size. Try it. It's contagious and inspirational! We're with you my friend. Join us!:)

I have a feeling that this conversation would be best continued in another thread. Could you please direct me to that thread?

pastadoble,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I have a feeling that this conversation would be best continued in another thread. Could you please direct me to that thread?
We are in precisely the thread we need to be in IMO, which is, as it happens, where you brought it up in the first place. Now I feel it is time to put on my Spock suit...Go forth and prosper:|

Even I have my limits. I tried... and now I pass the baton to our good friend, Dreamer:wave: !

Snappo,

Dreamerr

One of the rules is to help new people, however when someone comes in and just demands something, not saying you did, or ask a question without introduction themselves it does feel as snappo said that you(general you) feel entitled. Normally when a new person comes I answer there question and add something like welcome to the forum enjoy the ride, have fun or whatever is in my mind that day. I am not the only member that does that so think to yourself why nobody did.

Now let's start new, pastadoble from a para to a quad welcome to the forum. Stay around for a while have fun and you will get lots of support. Being a para brings a lot of mental shit so I will assume you have the same going on and this place is really supportive so give it a real chance and try not to get defensive so early on. I stepped very gingerly when I got here.

Even though this is the ascent gibberish thread it it still is gibberish so all is good I think.

pastadoble

One of the rules is to help new people, however when someone comes in and just demands something, not saying you did, or ask a question without introduction themselves it does feel as snappo said that you(general you) feel entitled. Normally when a new person comes I answer there question and add something like welcome to the forum enjoy the ride, have fun or whatever is in my mind that day. I am not the only member that does that so think to yourself why nobody did.

Now let's start new, pastadoble from a para to a quad welcome to the forum. Stay around for a while have fun and you will get lots of support. Being a para brings a lot of mental shit so I will assume you have the same going on and this place is really supportive so give it a real chance and try not to get defensive so early on. I stepped very gingerly when I got here.

Even though this is the ascent gibberish thread it it still is gibberish so all is good I think.

all right… When I join an Internet forum the only thing I feel entitled to is a warm welcome. My first five posts I thought at least furthered some sort of discussion, I made sure to lurk for a least a month, and I called people Internet nerds in exactly one post. Am I wrong? Can you post an Internet forum and not be a nerd, because this is news to me if you can.

Anyway, seeing as how this is your world and I'm just in it, and this is my 11th post, please guide me in being a productive member of this group.

Also, what level, dreamerr?

edit: for some reason I got straight reamed when I posted in the other ascent thread about how nano from GV told me they were going to start shipping. What on earth was up with that?

pastadoble,

Dreamerr

You stepped into shit by accident cause GV is a vendor we don't ah like to say it mildly. Act yourself and you will find that this is actually the best forum on the net. It is the only one I come to. I am sure all will forgive you now if you just joke around and ask questions like the rest. A lot of newbies come in with some info that we have known for months and well it doesn't even matter why we get ticked off by certain statements. You are here now and just joke and ask and all will be great. Some do have a rough start but it is over.

I get more support here then from apparalyzed.com jackasses oops. I am L4/5 CES.

Dreamerr,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Anyway, seeing as how this is your world and I'm just in it, and this is my 11th post, please guide me in being a productive member of this group.

First bit of friendly advice:) - lose the attitude, drop the ego, and carry on with at least a feint hint of a smile. This forum is not exclusively "our world" excluding you in any way. Relax and enjoy. We love you.:).
Everything is fine.:tup:

Dreamer ROCKS!!!:rockon:Go with what he says!

By the way...I'm just luvin my Solo right now. It keeps giving and giving!:clap:

vape4health

So anyone that post is a nerd?

Pretty sure I wore out the "add to cart" button cause it aint workin again tonight :)

vape4health,

pastadoble

You stepped into shit by accident cause GV is a vendor we don't ah like to say it mildly. Act yourself and you will find that this is actually the best forum on the net. It is the only one I come to. I am sure all will forgive you now if you just joke around and ask questions like the rest. A lot of newbies come in with some info that we have known for months and well it doesn't even matter why we get ticked off by certain statements. You are here now and just joke and ask and all will be great. Some do have a rough start but it is over.

I get more support here then from apparalyzed.com jackasses oops. I am L4/5 CES.

L4/L5? No wonder you get no support from them… That's barely anything! Do you even have nerve pain? C5/6 is where it's at, Bro.

First bit of friendly advice:) - lose the attitude, drop the ego, and carry on with at least a feint hint of a smile.

oh, you mean this? :smug:

Edit: yes, anyone who posts on an Internet forum is a nerd. My wife just confirmed it.

Second edit: L4/5… lol...

pastadoble,
Reactions: Snappo

Dreamerr

I get horrible nerve pain, spasms of diff types, phantom shit ect, even temp control issues...see there you go again you aren't in my body and already thinking you know cause you are a quad. You sound like the doctors who work in absolutes and are mostly wrong. I can't even sit up cause the pain is unbearable. My quad peeps do way better then I do and I am an incomplete. We are all different there are no absolutes in life especially when it comes to the body. I am a low para that you already pointed out but it doesn't mean I don't have some serious shit going on. Sometimes I wish I was a complete but then I think better of it. I am not going to bore these people on this forum who many of which I consider friends with this stuff. You want to debate PM me. If you like that kind of shit then go to the forum I stated in my last post and you will meet people just like you and carecure.com as well.

I will stick with the love here. Sorry my forum friends for this way off base stuff but I tried to squash this and now I am done.

EDIT: Now that I think about it I do have one more comment. I just welcomed you and not even a thank you. Dud you need to check yourself. Now I am done.

pastadoble

I get horrible nerve pain, spasms of diff types, phantom shit ect, even temp control issues...see there you go again you aren't in my body and already thinking you know cause you are a quad. You sound like the doctors who work in absolutes and are mostly wrong. I can't even sit up cause the pain is unbearable. My quad peeps do way better then I do and I am an incomplete. We are all different there are no absolutes in life especially when it comes to the body. I am a low para that you already pointed out but it doesn't mean I don't have some serious shit going on. Sometimes I wish I was a complete but then I think better of it. I am not going to bore these people on this forum who many of which I consider friends with this stuff. You want to debate PM me. If you like that kind of shit then go to the forum I stated in my last post and you will meet people just like you and carecure.com as well.

I will stick with the love here. Sorry my forum friends for this way off base stuff but I tried to squash this and now I am done.

no no no, I'm just joking with you, like the spinal cord injury equivalent of a friendly punch to the shoulder. Christ… My 10 year anniversary is coming up in four days, maybe I'm just being subconsciously hostile on the Internet where I can be anonymous (to a point), or maybe I'm just abrasive no matter what I do. Sorry for being so caustic.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
L4/L5? No wonder you get no support from them… That's barely anything! Do you even have nerve pain? C5/6 is where it's at, Bro.

Edit: yes, anyone who posts on an Internet forum is a nerd. My wife just confirmed it.

Second edit: L4/5… lol...

Your wife is right, but so is Snappo. Anyone who can piss off Dreamerr needs an attitude adjustment.

I just reviewed all of your posts and you have gotten off to a bit of a rocky start. It's not entirely your fault, but you aren't helping your cause by reading unfriendliness into everything. Nothing you can't fix by simply not taking things personally. Hit your vapourizer a couple of times and reflect a bit before you post. Ask yourself how you'd feel if you got the reply you're about to send.

Edit: Sometimes I need to remember myself that it's easy to misinterpret a post in a forum. *sigh*

Snappo

Accessory Maker

Aaah! ...now doesn't that feel better!:rofl:

Please, what definition of "nerd" are we referring to? :)

Snappo,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
no no no, I'm just joking with you, like the spinal cord injury equivalent of a friendly punch to the shoulder. Christ… My 10 year anniversary is coming up in four days, maybe I'm just being subconsciously hostile on the Internet where I can be anonymous (to a point), or maybe I'm just abrasive no matter what I do. Sorry for being so caustic.
Damn, my good man!!! That admission was POWERFUL!!! Forgiveness abounds around here...we're among friends!:wave:

Your wife is right, but so is Snappo. Anyone who can piss off Dreamerr needs an attitude adjustment.

I just reviewed all of your posts and you have gotten off to a bit of a rocky start. It's not entirely your fault, but you aren't helping your cause by reading unfriendliness into everything. Nothing you can't fix by simply not taking things personally. Hit your vapourizer a couple of times and reflect a bit before you post. Ask yourself how you'd feel if you got the reply you're about to send.

Edit: Sometimes I need to remember myself that it's easy to misinterpret a post in a forum. *sigh*
!!!!! Pakalolo !!! That is the first post of yours that I like!!!:lol:

mod note: Please avoid back-to-back posts, use Edit instead. Two posts merged.

Snappo,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Dreamerr

:nod: thanks paka he did piss me off big time and that isn't easy on this forum as all I have found here is love.
I did even add an edit so that says I am mad.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: nigel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom