Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
I get this when I click on the DaVinci website contest link.

" The page you were looking for appears to have been moved, deleted or does not exist."

I just checked it...seems to work fine. If not, it's on our FB and twitter page too. Here is the actual contest URL, I was just trying to make it easier. http://tinyurl.com/lbem259

DanAndroid

Of no particular interest
I'm on day 2 with my Ascent and have mainly been using it to vape micro-loads, using one of the jars to compact and hold in place the load.

It gave me a bit of a start this morning though and I thought I would have to experience first hand Karma's customer service, I would push the button to turn it on and, nothing.

I was wondering what to do and thought I would check to see if it somehow had been totally drained or just lost in la-la land and it turned out it had just gone off to visit the wizard but came right back after I plugged the charging cable in.

The battery level indicator came on and displayed full bars and when I then tried it, it worked again.

I don't know what caused it to lose its mind and I can not be 100% sure that putting it on the charger woke it up or not but I do know it is working now still after a couple of loads.

I'll have to keep an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Last edited:

Hoosier1982

So my ascent will be arriving today and I just had a question that I saw asked previously but couldn't find an answer.
So if I pack a full bowl but want to use it for multiple sessions, is it possible to take 2-3 hits, shut it down and then reheat for another session a few hours later? Or will it waste a lot of the good vapor and burn the whole load? If this is possible, I'd really appreciate you explaining the most efficient method for this.
Thanks and hope this makes sense! I'm new to the portable vape game.

Hoosier1982,

Baked55

I haven't got mine in yet so can't say from personal experiance but I recall reading here that it the same load could be used for multiple sessions. But in order To prevent wasting product you should turn the unit off before your last one or two hits to help cool it down faster. Hope that helps

Baked55,

smokie

So my ascent will be arriving today and I just had a question that I saw asked previously but couldn't find an answer.
So if I pack a full bowl but want to use it for multiple sessions, is it possible to take 2-3 hits, shut it down and then reheat for another session a few hours later? Or will it waste a lot of the good vapor and burn the whole load? If this is possible, I'd really appreciate you explaining the most efficient method for this.
To do what you want to do is possible but only really if you are vaping for example 380 vape turn off then next session vape 400 turn off then next session 430 or at least that is way I would do it! Alternatively just vape a smaller load three times.

smokie,

Alpa Cino

So what do you guys think-is it real carbon fiber material or printed pattern on aluminium,on that carbon fiber model?

Alpa Cino,

Hoosier1982

To do what you want to do is possible but only really if you are vaping for example 380 vape turn off then next session vape 400 turn off then next session 430 or at least that is way I would do it! Alternatively just vape a smaller load three times.

I figured three smaller loads would be best way to do it but I ask mainly because everyone says it works best with a full bowl packed. Thanks dor the response

Hoosier1982,

wags1

That is exactly how I use it. Works great. My normal process is to pack it about 3/4 full and pack down with my little finger. First session I usually run at 370, 2 hits, turn off and then take final hit. For next session I stir and tamp down with little finger. Run at 370 again with same process. Then I use the same process at 380 for 2 sessions, then at 390 for 2 sessions if I'm still getting descent vapor. At that point I'll either try one more session at 400 or 410 or just refill. You need to just experiment a bit. I usually use my Pinnacle water tool for anything 390 and above. Honestly the water tool improves things at all temps but sometimes I'm just to lazy to get it out.

wags1,
Reactions: OF

DanAndroid

I figured three smaller loads would be best way to do it but I ask mainly because everyone says it works best with a full bowl packed. Thanks for the response

What works best for me is to put in however much I want to use and then slide in a glass jar on top of it to not only pack it more easily but also, keep it in place and not have it loose in the oven.

Also, remember that once you shut it off, while it is cooling down it is likely to still be producing vapor so you can try shutting it down a hit or two before you plan on no longer vaping or, just shut it off and see how long you continue to get vapor and go by that.

... First session ... For next session ... for 2 sessions

What do you mean by a "session"?

DanAndroid,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Replacement finally arrived today. Wood instead of Stealth this time. This is unit #3. Still a 1AA1. Cosmetically the best yet. Ran up full charge, iso clean, 430* for 15 min. No off gas, but a burn off smell that is unpleasant and hard to explain. Not electrical. Thought it was clear and tried a small bowl under my jar with holes in it. Wispy hits compared to last unit, but horrible smell/taste persists so quit and will continue to burn off. Noticed that the holes in the new stem seem to be larger then my last stem. Using the same draw technique may have accounted for the wispy hits. Will experiment as usual once the smell clears.

Norcalsun

I just ordered the Ascent today. I've done a lot of research and some reading. I haven't read through this whole thread ( doubt I will) but I've read quite a few pages. I would like to know which numbers are the new models, is it AA1, or what? I'm confused.

DanAndroid

... First session ... For next session ... for 2 sessions

What do you mean by a "session"?
No off gas, but a burn off smell that is unpleasant and hard to explain.

My experience with mine, that I got two days ago, was similar although I thought the smell was more like when a house or apartment furnace kicks in the first time during a heating season. Sort of a dusty smell at first.

I ran a burn-in for about 1 hour after working my way up 430 F, with a couple of breaks during that time.

After that the only smell I detected was a "hot" smell similar to what one gets when sticking one's nose near a hot surface.

My first vape with it was nice and clean tasting.

I would like to know which numbers are the new models, is it AA1, or what? I'm confused.

For what it's worth, I just received an Ascent two days ago, ordered on the 6th of December and its serial number starts out with '1AA1'. Whether that indicates it is the latest and greatest, I don't know. I do know though it works REALLY well!

Last edited:

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
I just ordered the Ascent today. I've done a lot of research and some reading. I haven't read through this whole thread ( doubt I will) but I've read quite a few pages. I would like to know which numbers are the new models, is it AA1, or what? I'm confused.
At this point it seems to be a non issue as they used number over again at the start of the new run before switching to a new series of numbers. Just not sure where the most recent fault (Not Heating) which they have solved, falls into the scheme of things. Have they been able to clear the most recent problem from all units they had in stock?? Who knows?? It was showing up between 34 and 40 days of use for some of us that got new replacements back in Oct. Time will tell.

The burn off almost smells like tequila.

A session is like "turn it on, get ripped, turn it off." However many hits you take in a session is your business.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I used the glass oil jar on top of the herb and pressed it down really hard to pack.

Then I used some cotton inside to help fill space and got hit after hit with huge clouds of vapor at 395 temp and gradually went to 405 until the 12 min. session was over, I didn't use a lot of herb either, very satisfying.

I have had my replacement unit since around the middle of October and use it 4 or 5 times a week.

Last edited:
CarolKing,
Reactions: Smknbud

CarolKing

I should have made myself more clear. It would be the 12 minutes the Ascent is on until it starts to cool off. I call that a session. Some people call 2 hits then turn it off a session.

So I and my friend probably took maybe 20 hits or so total.

DanAndroid

Thanks to all, "RD", "wags1" and 'Pinnacle Pro".

I see many mentioning "session" but it is sometimes hard to know how long of a period of time one is talking about.

DanAndroid,
Reactions: CarolKing

Nunavut Tripper

Thanks to all, "RD", "wags1" and 'Pinnacle Pro".

I see many mentioning "session" but it is sometimes hard to know how long of a period of time one is talking about.

There is no schedule for a session or " sesh " . It's as long as it takes to sit down,get out my toking gear,pack a bowl in my vape,heat it up and pass it back and forth to my wife..three hits for her and about eight for me.Cool the vape and put it away.

Then I wander around scratching my head

" Where the hell did I leave that screwdriver ? "

Kinda off topic and I'm assuming people are waiting for the 3 month mark for the warranty to expire before trying; anyone figure out if its easy enough to change the batteries yourself?

chester222,

Nunavut Tripper

You stopped short, you need more. The 'right' question is "I wonder what that slot in the round thing is for?".

Keep at it, you'll get the hang of it.......

Regards,

OF

Ya I'm still trying to figure out that slot.

Wait!!!

Don't tell me I think I got it now.

Nunavut Tripper,
Reactions: OF

CarolKing

At this point I have had very good customer service with my dealings with DV. The person who helped me was very helpful and supportive, I believe his name was Aaron.

In August when everyone was getting faulty units, mine included, I emailed, he said to hold on and just keep the unit until October. I email back the first week of October he emailed me a return rma#, I did pay to send it back. It only took 2 weeks and I had a new Ascent.

So far I've had good luck, the units been working great and the glass pipe screens, glass beads or cotton has been helping with the units performance and efficiency.

I am looking forward to DV producing a spacer, but with everyone's help and advice in this thread, I believe my quality of vaping with this vaporizer has greatly improved.

The Ascent does have a learning curve and it has taken me a while to improve on my technique. Always remembering a slow draw. I always say slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks FC community for all your expert advice. Happy times!

Top Bottom