Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

DanAndroid

Of no particular interest
" Where the hell did I leave that screwdriver ? "

My Dad asks me that all the time, he is old and worries about Altzheimer's as his mother had it but, it's just Ol' Timer's instead, but then again he always has been known to just leave tools where ever he used them last.

When he asks me, I just tell him, "It's wherever you had it last.".

So, the screwdriver you are looking for is wherever you left it last. :p

That said, one knows one is over the hill when the question becomes, "What was I looking for?". :lol:

Then I used some cotton inside to help fill space and got hit after hit with huge clouds of vapor

I'm sorry I didn't notice this earlier but it just now caught my eye. I've just been leaving the glass cup in the oven bowl to help keep the material in place. Have you tried that and found using cotton better in some way and if so, in what way? Or, have you always replaced the glass cup with cotton? If the latter, could you try a partial pack and leave the glass cup in to compare?

I'd try to cotton but I don't have any on hand and it's snowing about 1"/hr out now. :o

I believe his name was Aaron.

He's been the one I have been dealing with too and I've no complaints whatsoever and in fact my dealings with him were as enjoyable as with any of the better customer service experiences I have had.

Last edited:
DanAndroid,
Reactions: CarolKing

Nunavut Tripper

My Dad asks me that all the time, he is old and worries about Altzheimer's as his mother had it but, it's just Ol' Timer's instead, but then again he always has been known to just leave tools where ever he used them last.

When he asks me, I just tell him, "It's wherever you had it last.".

So, the screwdriver you are looking for is wherever you left it last. :p

That said, one knows one is over the hill when the question becomes, "What was I looking for?". :lol:

It's not just screwdrivers but car keys,reading glasses and cell phones hide from me all the time and reappear in strange places.

I think I smell a conspiracy .

mod note: Please be careful to place content outside of quote tags. Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nunavut Tripper,
Reactions: DanAndroid

Norcalsun

Understandable I think, I share the frustration of reading a thread to 'get up to speed' first. They tend to be really cluttered with 'My XXX vape didn't get here', 'I'm going to pull the trigger' and so on posts that really mean next to nothing a week or two later. In there, unfortunately, are the gems of wisdom we seek. This thread's really one of the shorter ones, look at MFLB, Solo, Omicron and Persei, Cera and some of the others......not that it makes reading this one any easier.

I also see the problem from the other side. To have just typed an extensive answer to a question to have it asked again a page later is frustrating as well. I've probably answered 'how do you load Omicron carts?' and 'why can't I get clouds from my TV xxx' over 50 times each. Honestly. It both sucks and is the best game in town.

The Forum Rules do call for reading a thread before posting, but as I say I see how that's not always going to happen.

Congratulations on your purchase, I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get to know it. IMO there's no real answer to the sort of question you propose, it depends very much on the guy using it, but I hope you got enough information to make plans. As with most vapes, starting with a general technique and experimenting from there is probably the best way to get onto the path of True Enlightenment.

Best wishes with it.

OF

Couldn't that person just paste their pervious answer? Instead they would rather chastise me for not reading through 171 pages first. I understand people asking questions that have already been answered can be frustrating, but we're all here to learn and pass on info. I've been a member of several different forums for a while and sometimes it's hard to keep right on top of every single post. Why are people so uptight nowadays? Relax and live longer.

Norcalsun,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
DanAndroid, I was just using the oil jar on top of the herb, then I used the cotton to fill in the jar, to pack tight. I used different herb when I packed with the cotton.

I liked the draw better with the cotton packed with the oil jar. Big clouds of vapor both ways.
I'm getting as much vapor with the oil jar as with the glass beads or the glass flowers.

Last edited:

DanAndroid

I liked the draw better with the cotton packed with the oil jar. Big clouds of vapor both ways.
I'm getting as much vapor with the oil jar as with the glass beads or the glass flowers.

One thing I discovered, if one puts too much material in the oven so that the oil jar is in contact with the entrance to the lower stem, vapor can drop off significantly.

I don't know if that is because there is a more circuitous route for the vapor to take traversing tighter changes in direction of travel or not.

I'm definitely going to have to pick up some cotton to try.

DanAndroid,

OF

Couldn't that person just paste their pervious answer? Instead they would rather chastise me for not reading through 171 pages first.

Actually he told you where the information was I thought? And he added a comment to the effect 'even a casual read backwards would have found this' which I get doesn't sit well with you. I tried to explain why that might be, but seem to have missed the mark.

We disagree, IMO he's under no obligation to help you out, but did. What he said may have been sharp but, again IMO, it was within the rules. If not, report him and let the Mods sort it out.

And again, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting the information you want, you do have it now, right?

OF

Nunavut Tripper

Anybody been using their Ascent in the cold ?
I was out in extreme cold weather for almost three hours tonight and my Ascent felt like an icicle in my hand but it worked fine and seemed to heat up at about the same amount of time as per normal.
The warmth during a sesh felt great in my hand too.

Nunavut Tripper,
Reactions: Shrike

Norcalsun

Actually he told you where the information was I thought? And he added a comment to the effect 'even a casual read backwards would have found this' which I get doesn't sit well with you. I tried to explain why that might be, but seem to have missed the mark.

We disagree, IMO he's under no obligation to help you out, but did. What he said may have been sharp but, again IMO, it was within the rules. If not, report him and let the Mods sort it out.

And again, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting the information you want, you do have it now, right?

OF

I'm completely fine. Not upset at all. I just stated my side. No big deal, no hard feelings. Sorry if I came off too abrupt. Yes, I found the info, thanks.

DanAndroid

This is a question for 'micro-packers', filling only the bottom of the oven and then using either an oil jar, cotton or even nothing as a filler, after it having been packed down.

It is also for one who is able to accurately weigh the amount of material used.

In one of the two 'corners' of the oven at the bottom, there appears to be a short stepped intrusion into the oven space. It appears to be there to hold the oil jar off the bottom of the oven.

For me, packing so that the top of the step is just visible seems to be about the smallest load I've had success with.

But, I don't have a scale that has that fine of a resolution to know how much I am actually loading it with.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what the approximate weight might be to just cover the bottom of the oven up to being even with the top surface of the step?

DanAndroid,

HighRy

So I received my Ascent (after using my $75 off coupon!) a few days ago.

My first impressions of the unit:

HighRy,

Alpa Cino

Does anybody knows have they announced the winner of that contest few pages back.Pretty sure it s not me...I don t understand why is it so hard to announce it here or on the page where contest was held.

Alpa Cino,

Smknbud

Does anybody knows have they announced the winner of that contest few pages back.Pretty sure it s not me...I don t understand why is it so hard to announce it here or on the page where contest was held.
They announced it on their Facebook page and Twitter

Smknbud,

tobiasfunke

hey everyone. first time poster here but ive been reading for a while. I bought one of these Ascents a month ago and its been working great until today. I have the issue where it only heats up if its plugged in. I called Davinci and they said theyll send me a new one.
I have a 1AA1 Stealth.
How thoroughly have you guys cleaned it out before you send it back? I used iso to clean the bowl and davinci said I dont need to send back the glass pieces. Just wondering what the standard process is for sending one of these back is since it may smell like an illegal substance. Thanks!

tobiasfunke,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
It wouldn't hurt to run some q-tips (et al) with Iso through the path where the glass usually sits and wipe underneath and on top of the unit while it is opened.

If it still "smells" more than you like, you can also think about putting it in one of those smell proof bags that are easy enough to find.

I find that a good cleaning gets rid of the smell completely. Make sure to wrap it up safely in bubble wrap or something else that will take the punishment that our shipping companies like to dish out from time to time. :):nod::2c:

Shrike,

DanAndroid

I tried Iwien's method. Worked well. But if da vinci making something better bring it on.

I too have tried the glass jar spacer trick but what I tried today worked just as well.

I used a glass jar to compact the material and hold it in place while carrying the Ascent around in my pocket and then when I wanted to vape, I just turned the oven upside down, dropped the glass jar out and vaped it with no spacer.

I had just a bit more than the bottom fully covered and got 8 good hits from it, one during cool down after which a while later I stirred a bit, repacked with the glass jar and warmed it up for another 4 "healthy" hits.

To be honest, I can't tell much difference between jar-in or jar-out although I do know that having the jar in there for transport is a nice feature to have.

Also, dumping ABV out without having to worry about glass flowers or the like is nice and easy. Just remove the glass jar, stir up the ABV and dump it out without having to worry about picking small glass "flowers" out of the mix.

Personally, I don't see there is much that DaVinci can or needs to do to make the Ascent more amenable to micro-loading. It seems to work well enough as it is.

Hoosier1982

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the ascent 5 days ago and just received the glass flowers today. I had most success prior to today with cotton in bowl but today it was like a different vape with glass flowers in the bowl. It tasted great and I got many large great hits at 390 and then 410. These are the instructions I followed written by a previous poster. Just wanted to let everyone know what has worked best for me after now 5 days of experimenting.

1) place two flowers in the bottom of the bowl stem up
2) fill with SOME (not all) of the herbs i plan to use
3) add two more flowers (does not matter which way the stem faces)
4) fill with the rest of the herbs i plan to use
5) place two more flowers in to the top of the load with the stems down

Hoosier1982,
Reactions: OF

jkwarrior200

I'm getting the davinci ascent and I was wondering if there was a way to load small loads into it because I'm a lightweight low tolerance person? So anybody who knows how to load small loads without messing up the airflow? Any ideas would be appreciated.

jkwarrior200,

Norcalsun

When burning off a new unit should you leave to bowl open? Will the unit even turn on with the bowl open? Waiting for UPS to deliver today.

DanAndroid

When burning off a new unit should you leave to bowl open? Will the unit even turn on with the bowl open?

It will definitely operate with the bowl open.

And, giving it a bit of a burn-in when I first got it, I left the oven open until any smell from it went away, which didn't take long, and then I closed it back up to heat the air path a bit although I think that was more out of a feeling for need of thoroughness than actual need for the device.

All totaled, I ran it about hour at 430F.

On a side note, although the outside of the case became rather warm, although not uncomfortably so, I was surprised to notice that the metal screen was, as they used to say, cool as a cucumber.

I suppose that only makes sense but, it did surprise me none the less.

Waiting for UPS to deliver today.

I know that feeling!! It 'hurts' SOOOOOO good!!!! :evil:

:lol:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
You will find a bunch of answers to your question in the Ascent thread, Read the last 15 pages or so then ask over there you may get help faster that way. I don't own an ascent but have been following it, lots of detailed info over there.:peace:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
i find when I don't have something to weight the herb down, it gets sucked into the stem and doesn't stay on the bottom of the bowl and doesn't work well to cook the herb. For me ! need something to weigh the herb down.:peace::)

Particle

Hello, new user here, freshly ordered the Ascent, should receive it within days, and was wondering on the very first things to do for a virgin Ascent so it works properly in the future?

Also, anyone knows where I can order those Glass flowers? Thanks in advance.

thesoloman

Hello, new user here, freshly ordered the Ascent, should receive it within days, and was wondering on the very first things to do for a virgin Ascent so it works properly in the future?

Also, anyone knows where I can order those Glass flowers? Thanks in advance.
Return it! Quick! lol just kidding
throw it on the charger and let it get a full charge before you try and use it.

Top Bottom