Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

100n3y

There are no cosmetic flaws and everything seems to fit together well. There are two spare sets of stems
plus the ones in the unit for a total of three plus spare screens....

...There is a strong smell of new rubber boots when doing a trial cycle with an empty bowl but I'm not too concerned as others have had it go away after a few sessions. I checked for visible vapor and there was none. I don't have any glass flowers or beads for the bowl so off to the hobby shop tomorrow to see what I can find. Only real criticism was there are two glaring spelling errors in the owners manual ....not a big deal but I'm a spelling Nazi.

You might've done what I did on accident and choose an extra set of stems as your "bonus gift". I also have 3 sets now too. =/

As far as the smell goes...mine did the same thing. I found it semi-pleasant actually. Love the smell of new electronics. Did 2-3 10 min burn off sessions and it's barely noticeable.[/quote]

100n3y,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
What about this? The further in I push the glas tube, the more dense my vapor gets...

I have not really investigated this. But, I rather prefer using the 14mm straight adapter as a mouth piece. It sticks out about about as much as the normal stem extracted does, whilst still being seated all the way down.

Also, I rather like the heft/feel of the GonG end. Normal straw seems a bit light.

Did you get the adapter? Would you be willing to try to compare?

*edit* the glass screen is crazy thin !! treat those with new born baby love !!

Yup. I had the edge of one of my screens crumble at one point. Now I use kid gloves around them. :)

Nunavut Tripper

You might've done what I did on accident and choose an extra set of stems as your "bonus gift". I also have 3 sets now too. =/

As far as the smell goes...mine did the same thing. I found it semi-pleasant actually. Love the smell of new electronics. Did 2-3 10 min burn off sessions and it's barely noticeable.
[/quote]

Yes I think I did order the extra stems by accident for my bonus gift which is fine with me because I didn't need the gong connection for a bubbler as I use a portable vape when hiking and camping etc and don't need all those accessories as I have a tabletop vape with bubbler for home.

Nunavut Tripper,
Reactions: 100n3y

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Can anyone give me an oil specific review of the Ascent? , can anyone tell me if it is decent at oil/wax/shatter and can actually replace the Omicron?

I have had my Ascent for four or five days now. I have only vaped concentrates for about two years now, and I had intended to use the Ascent for oil too. I will say that for concentrates the ascent will NOT replace your Omicron, though, in my opinion. The Ascent tops out at a little more than 400 degrees f or something, and so it will not hit like a 1000 degree nail or the Cera or even a wire cart like the Omi. The Ascent DOES work for vaping oils, but it is a slow process and IMO gives a lot of pretty small, wispy tokes. The videos on youtube are not too far off base, unfortunately.
That being said, I actually love my Ascent and I have used it every day since I got it. I have rarely if at all used any flowers for a few years, but I have been having a blast with this thing! The bowl is fat enough for a guy like me to get a pretty stellar buzz. I pop in half a gram and enjoy it on the way to work in the morning. It provides more than enough THC to ease my pain, and also gives me a mellow buzz. I now intend to keep some flowers for vaping, although I will still run about 75% into BHO and do bub with larf.
Ascent is sweet, CAN do oils, probably is not what you are used to though. I am happy I bought it, but I alredy have some oil vapes.

denalus

not a parking meter ;)
Sadly, it looks like we have another v1.1 unit failure. Everything works except it stopped heating up. I have an email & voice mail to Customer Support. Hopefully there is a way to clear the condition, otherwise I'll be sending it in for a replacement.

Bummed,
den

100n3y

Sadly, it looks like we have another v1.1 unit failure. Everything works except it stopped heating up. I have an email & voice mail to Customer Support. Hopefully there is a way to clear the condition, otherwise I'll be sending it in for a replacement.

Rest easy my friend. I had an issue with mine earlier as well. While it's terrible that this is happening they really do go out of their way to make sure everything's cool in the end. They treated me very very well.

denalus

not a parking meter ;)
Rest easy my friend. I had an issue with mine earlier as well. While it's terrible that this is happening they really do go out of their way to make sure everything's cool in the end. They treated me very very well.
Cheers, mate, much appreciated. Yeah, I've had a good experience with their customer service as well. Still thought it important to let the community know.

den

100n3y

I know there has to be, but I can't find it; Are there any instructions on what to do with the flower beads? I got mine in the mail today. I'm assuming I just mix them in with my goodies to dissipate the energy and give it a nice, even roast while taking up space. Am I correct in this assumption, or at least in the ballpark?

100n3y,

denalus

not a parking meter ;)
I know there has to be, but I can't find it; Are there any instructions on what to do with the flower beads? I got mine in the mail today. I'm assuming I just mix them in with my goodies to dissipate the energy and give it a nice, even roast while taking up space. Am I correct in this assumption, or at least in the ballpark?
Here is a good post on the glass flower usage from @mmenzie of @OF's technique: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ascent-vaporizer-by-davinci.9885/page-149#post-483871

With the beads, just load'er up & place the glass beads on top.

den

Last edited:
denalus,
Reactions: 100n3y

HighRy

I have had my Ascent for four or five days now. I have only vaped concentrates for about two years now, and I had intended to use the Ascent for oil too. I will say that for concentrates the ascent will NOT replace your Omicron, though, in my opinion. The Ascent tops out at a little more than 400 degrees f or something, and so it will not hit like a 1000 degree nail or the Cera or even a wire cart like the Omi. The Ascent DOES work for vaping oils, but it is a slow process and IMO gives a lot of pretty small, wispy tokes. The videos on youtube are not too far off base, unfortunately.
That being said, I actually love my Ascent and I have used it every day since I got it. I have rarely if at all used any flowers for a few years, but I have been having a blast with this thing! The bowl is fat enough for a guy like me to get a pretty stellar buzz. I pop in half a gram and enjoy it on the way to work in the morning. It provides more than enough THC to ease my pain, and also gives me a mellow buzz. I now intend to keep some flowers for vaping, although I will still run about 75% into BHO and do bub with larf.
Ascent is sweet, CAN do oils, probably is not what you are used to though. I am happy I bought it, but I alredy have some oil vapes.

Appreciate you sharing your take on it! Thank you.

sickmanfraud

Yes I think I did order the extra stems by accident for my bonus gift which is fine with me because I didn't need the gong connection for a bubbler as I use a portable vape when hiking and camping etc and don't need all those accessories as I have a tabletop vape with bubbler for home.[/quote]

If you want a portable water tool try the f-bomb from planet vape. I use the f-bomb on my solo and can not wait to try it with my ascent. Kind of defeats the stealth of the unit, but it is an option.

I have seen / heard about how fragile the glass stems are. In the last two days alone I was made aware of at least 3 stem breakage situations. Besides being careful has anyone figured a way to "protect" the stems?

Another question, with my Solo after I take a couple of tokes and am ready to stop for a while I always remove the stem to stop the cooking of the medicine and allow it to cool more quickly.

It seems that the Ascent will hold the heat and I don't see a way to stop the cooking has anyone figured out how to "preserve " their medicine?

I thought it might work to turn off the unit and take the second toke with the machine already off. Has anyone tried this?

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,

Nunavut Tripper

I packed my first bowl last night and set it at 195C with no glass spacers. Poor vapor production because the puck was floating so I dropped in an oil can with no lid and that helped get some modest clouds however I did get nicely medicated and the ABV was evenly cooked and dark brown.
Problem is the rubbery taste and smell is still strong and is grossing me out.

I'm off to find some glass spacers today but the smell has me a bit worried. I hope it finishes offgassing soon .

Is it the black seal between the oven and main body that is causing the smell ?

Is that the silicone everyone has been referring too?

Nunavut Tripper,

Belgianvapor

@nigel I opted for the extra glas set, because I'm from Belgium shipping is pretty expensive and I'm not a water tool user.

But I think my results are pretty normal if you see how the air has to travel much further between the two glas stems when they are not much retracted vs fully retracted, I think you pull in more ambient air fully retracted thus the possibility for slightly less clouds?

Belgianvapor,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"

can you explain your technique a little more?? i tried wax one time on my first unit and was dissapointed with the mess it made and the smell. i used the oil can with the cap on. is that what you do? when i did the oil can poped off inside the bowl while it was heating up to 430.

so i am just not sure of the proper technique with oils/wax in the Acesnt and not willing to try again with my newer unit unless a proven technique is revealed

mmenzie,

CMD

I'm getting no action whatsoever. No power up, no charging indicator light, nothing. I'm about 3 1/2 hours in now since I plugged it in, and it won't do anything but look good right now.
Any update on this? I also received an apparently DOA unit today. Exhibits similar issues - couldn't power up and plugged into charger does nothing either. So much for DVs additional QC guarantee!! Not happy and the wait continues! Just my luck :)

CMD,
Reactions: armin

Belgianvapor

For those who don't mind, here's a fun thing to try :
I topped my load off with some cotton and started to vape, first of all, this is a great way to keep
your glass filter clean ! After the session, I cleaned the oven and the cotton (-->brushing) and than later
on re-used that cotton for a second session.
Later I pulled the cotton a little bit apart and put it in the ascent on its own, put it on max and I got a few (+5) nice puffs from it (remember, only from two sessions)

vapecapz

I feel very uncomfortable about using cotton. Is there any sort of reassurance theres no cotton fibre working its way into my lungs or what kind of effects would it have? Other wise cotton sounds like the bomb.

vapecapz,

Belgianvapor

I feel very uncomfortable about using cotton. Is there any sort of reassurance theres no cotton fibre working its way into my lungs or what kind of effects would it have? Other wise cotton sounds like the bomb.
I'm no cotton expert but I know there are a few here on FC, I think it's better to ask them those questions, I just don't know myself but I'm not really that uncomfortable with using cotton.

Belgianvapor,
Reactions: Lukevh

Lukevh

My ascent from VaPeDaNdCoNfUsEd is scheduled to come tomorrow, can't wait to give this thing a try I hope i can get tge technique down before i take this thing out of town on friday! I will be leaving my solo at home and using this all weekend! Usually one solo stem is more than enough for me so i may try small loads or i may pack full and try and use over a couple of sessions. Im thinking when i am downtown in the city im visiting i will put some hash in one of the jars for smaller clouds and less smell when not in use! I will let you all know how it goes.

100n3y

Alright. So I vaped the same herb I've been combusting for the past month in my aesthetically damaged Ascent last night (Blemished OLED) and was about to go the herb/glass flower/herb stacking way right off the bat and decided to see what just tossing a lil grinded up in would do.

In a 15-20 min session I blew some really whispy clouds. Barely noticeable, but I don't care about that. It's the destination now how I get there so much and boy did I get there. Because I could taste it and I got that light twinge-y itch in the back of my throat I knew I was getting the good stuff so I kept at it. Slowly sinking into my chair and relaxing while watching SOA it hit me like a ton of bricks. Like...ya gotta squint and readjust to see right kinda bricks. Which is odd because smoking the same stuff never got me like that. This is a good thing! Anyways...all that to say this...this is a phenomenal machine. I didn't have any problem with it flying in my mouth or anything. It does seem that if it were in better contact with the ceramic bowl my destination might've arrived sooner, but after dumping the ABV contents (which ended up a very dark brown) I had arrived.

I originally thought the bowl size would be an issue, but it's not so much. It still gets the job done with the amount I put in which isn't a lot (I'm a cheap date). It feels really good in my hand. Has some nice heft to it which I'm guessing is mostly from the li. batteries. It does get really hot around the bottom, but that's to be expected I reckon. I went back and forth between the tube and the buddy rim and they are both great imho. I couldn't really see where one was any better than they other.

Anywho...that's my 1 cent for what it's worth. Anyone else having problems with DaVinci CS hang in there. They're great! It's easy to rage when you sling down this kinda money on an electronic, but remember, you get more with sugar.

Top Bottom