1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Davinci_vaporizer, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Medical Mark

Medical Mark Well-Known Member

Well it sounds to me like it works best with a light even pack of the herb big or small.
    I've been using my Solo today, inspired by sticks Lol
    And it tastes great and I understand the restriction of air to produce nice clouds with no effort.
    But it sounds like you could do the same with the ascent.
    By a tight pack and slow inhales I think you would produce equal results with little effort and get great taste.
    Cheers, medical mark
    nigel likes this.
  2. dvdv

dvdv Active Member

I want to upgrade my portable from a MFLB in the next few months and reading these impressions just put the Ascent is looking like my choice.
  3. SleepyHead

SleepyHead Well-Known Member

Also this got me thinking, if I favor a smaller load, I could always combine other herbs to even out the load size.
    nigel likes this.
  4. vape4health

vape4health Well-Known Member

Anyones else just randomly keep trying to "add to cart" or is that just me.
    I'm sitting here doing the " jiggle the handle" on another device and it makes me question how clean the Ascent NEEDS to be to operate, yep I'm a nasty bitch and let my vapes get real dirty so does it just keep rolling untill the vapor path getts plugged (think solo here) or will I need to keep it in that "almost new" state. Don't hate my dirty vapes but I understand if you choose to pass.
  5. On the Munch

On the Munch New Member

Let me know if that works for you Vaped. I would love the glass cans with a hole or two in the bottom! It can't be that hard to make some custom cans right? :borg:
  6. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

Yep, me too. The thing I like about the MFLB is it uses so little, I would want to only use a similar amount in this as I do in the MFLB.
    I have a question for those using this, how fine a grind does it require? I grind mine in a coffee grinder now for the MFLB, is that OK in this?
    sam reynolds likes this.
  7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering ;
    If you put holes on the bottom of the oil cans ,
    Won't the oil leak thru to the oven chamber and stain it ?
    I remember Sticks said he had a difficult time cleaning up after his oil explosion .
    and
    As for the herb sandwich with budda/wax ,
    I would prefer Not to do that , I want a pure budda taste .:2c:
  8. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd Well-Known Member

Yes I'm sure that's exactly what would happen with oils. We were talking about that regarding making the heater chamber volume less for smaller dry herb loads.
    poonman likes this.
  9. SiDankies

SiDankies Well-Known Member

So would you say you can separate your hits for as long with the ascent as you can the solo?
  10. VaporBaked

VaporBaked Active Member

I would think with a portable you would want to be able to load this thing up and go. On my portable I shut the heater off for the last two draws so its not wasted. If I am on the go I will load it right up and get a few sessions out of it, by than I am usually back home. I would think if you want top efficiency use your log??
  11. thesoloman

thesoloman Well-Known Member

I've been checking every two hours for the release haha. i also had an idea for an oil can improvement that would let hot air mix with the oil, without it dripping[​IMG] thru the bottom of the oil can.
    Jill NYC likes this.
  12. smokum

smokum The Guy Your Mother Warned You About

Interesting concept..... have any thoughts on materials and process ?
  13. thesoloman

It would be all glass with basically a tiny tree-perk looking thing in the center for hot air to travel into the bowl.
  14. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Do you guys realize how small the oil cans are? They'd never fit a tree like that in there.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  15. nigel

nigel And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

Not just you. :)
    JCat and SlinginPaint like this.
  16. thesoloman

a mini tree i dont see why it can't be in there
  17. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

Small glass is incredibly complicated.
    sadf likes this.
  18. smokum

smokum The Guy Your Mother Warned You About

Unfortunately... I don't really think there would be enough draw pressure to utilize the feature (even though I think its an intriguing idea). :brow:

Could you imagine the experience required to create such a thing ? Let alone glass welding such a small and undoubtedly fragile part ?

Cool thoughts :cool: but unfortunately not to feasible me thinks :hmm:

EDIT: it took too long to put my thoughts to fingers so it didn't come out confrontational (thank you MJ Gawds) :D
    VaPeD&CoNfUsEd likes this.
  19. nigel

Wait a second here... I can't believe no one else caught this, but I can actually FREEZE my flower in the Ascent?!?

Is that for some kind of oil extraction process?

:p

And how does taking flower below freezing affect battery life?
    :rofl:

EDIT: For the non-US-types, that's -18°C to 221°C. Quite impressive!
  20. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

No, it keeps flower as fresh and preserved as possible right up until being vaped :D
    nigel likes this.
  21. FlamingRice

FlamingRice New Member

Wait so if the Ascent utilizes a fair amount of radiation to produce vapor, will it cook the herb if it just site there for a few minutes?
  22. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

That'd be kinda neat if they had it on some kind of sensor that immediately after you take a hit, it drops the temp to 0 and as soon as the stem hits your tongue, it immediately hits the temp you set. :brow:

Ascent 4.0.

Good question (I have no idea if this has already been answered though.... ) but I have heard the Pax continually cooks your herbs between hits, be it seconds or minutes and if it does, how does the Ascent differ? (btw, I really have no idea, so please don't read anything more into that question other than what it is.)
    2 Paces likes this.
  23. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

If it actually allows for setting from 0 to 430F that might actually be useful ... for example, if taking the vape out ice fishing for the afternoon, it might make sense to set it at 55F and leave it turned on all day to prevent everything from freezing solid! :lol:
    MidwestBeast likes this.
  24. nigel

If it actually allows setting to 0°F, then you can just toss it in your cooler on a hot day and quickly chill down your sodas and beers.

I think this new-fangled thermal unit must be some kind of peltier.
    :)
    Shrike likes this.
  25. Qbit

Qbit cannabanana

I'm confused. If the Ascent still isn't available to order yet, why is this thread already in this subforum? Shouldn't discussion remain in the 'Thread Candidates' subforum until we can actually buy this thing? Especially considering the fact that it was supposed to be on the market some 10 weeks ago.
    thesoloman, Herbal Ant, Darb and 4 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors