Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Here's my current setup. Great flavor, and very smooth with the bubbler.
0uHjMwW.jpg
How fragile does the adapter feel with the WT? It looks...precarious...

sam reynolds,

Reveen

who be gettin clouds? so far compared to my solo es wispy. currently charging til full though to really test

I don't have mine yet, but I'm sure its all in the grind, how stiff/loose you pack, temperature, and draw technique. I know with the MFLB or Extreme Q, change one variable and it can drastically effect how big of hits you are getting.

Reveen,
Reactions: nigel

wallpaper

How well would the oil jars work for transporting loose leaf? Would the capacity be too small? I was thinking pack 2 jars plus the ascent, and you have 3 sessions for on the go. All you would need to do is open the jar and tap into the ascents chamber.

wallpaper,

mewash2

The jars would not hold enough. Both jars full might give you half a bowl. If you packed em really tight, maybe a full bowl.

mewash2,

Reveen

How well would the oil jars work for transporting loose leaf? Would the capacity be too small? I was thinking pack 2 jars plus the ascent, and you have 3 sessions for on the go. All you would need to do is open the jar and tap into the ascents chamber.

I've thought of the exact same thing. Sounds like it would work pretty well.

^^^ well maybe not, lol.

I'll still try it though.

Reveen,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
If the jars had 4 holes in the bottom like the screen does I think they'd work great for smaller loads, the ascent responds well to a good pack.
(I've got 4 jars so ill probably break out the dremel and a jewelers diamond bit and pop (try to) 3-4 holes in one and the give it a quick fire polish. If it doesn't shatter I'm good) lol
Also a little tidbit: pull your ascent tool out turn your tool around and put it back in. It sits perfectly on the buddy rim and makes it much more accessible. For the finger nail impaired such as myself.

Last edited:

mewash2

Also a little tidbit: pull you ascent tool out turn your tool around and put it back in. It sits perfectly on the buddy rim and makes it much more accessible. For the finger nail impaired such as myself.[/quote]
One of the first things I did. I just cut my nails.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Are these the final production line of Ascents? I was told by Davinci that the final croc skin choice for production was the raised round textured glossy skin (still have the email). This pic shows the flat texture version. Also, buttons look diff, and the clasp is not visible on the croc, though it would be difficult to see it into the blackness.

Good catch. I think you are right.

@mewash2 @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd In terms of fingernails: also I sometimes have trouble grasping edge of straw to get it out. Also issue jamming finger in to push screen-stem out...a pen works well

Last edited:
nigel,

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
@Davinci_vaporizer Can you please chime in as to the texture of the croc skin? If it's the bubble style, I need to see if I can change my GV order. I was hoping it's the flat style , like the picture you posted this morning. Thanks.

Vapnoob,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Good catch. I think you are right.

@mewash2 @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd In terms of fingernails: also I sometimes have trouble grasping edge of straw to get it out. Also issue jamming finger in to push screen-stem out...a pen works well
I put the plug on the straw so I've got a little more meat to grab ahold of. As for pushing the screen out I (carefully) use the mouthpiece just un-aligned. Many years of manual labor and automotive work have worn my already large fingers down to nubs.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: nigel

mewash2

The ascent has been great with flowers, but I am not having much luck with my ice water extracted hash. My solo rocks with my hash.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I had great results with shatter. Haven't run any ice hash lately. Ill give it a whirl next run. Gonna try a bud kief bud sammich here in a bit.

Last edited:

battmanvape

Does anyone know what are the metal mesh screens used for? Where do i put it? I cant for the life of me figure this out :bang: Thanks!

Last edited:

evanaquinn

wait, i may be wrong, but I have been using the stir tool push the glass screen out from the top then grab it at the bottom...use the crooked side facing upward so you don't scratch anything.

As for the screens, I may be wrong here too, but I think they work. It just makes it kind of gritty to close (which I don't like and why I have only done it once) but I swear the screen shapes into the right fit to cover the whole and stay closed....can anyone confirm?

right?

evanaquinn,

mewash2

I have had a plethora of sessions today, all without a screen. I just pulled out my glass and there is very little plant matter coming thru. I haven't manage to suck any into my mouth.

Reveen

The ascent has been great with flowers, but I am not having much luck with my ice water extracted hash. My solo rocks with my hash.

Are you getting pretty decent sized hits with the flowers or do you have to take many small hits like sipping on it 15-20 times?

Reveen,

mewash2

385 and bump it to 395 for the last third of the bowl. If I pack the bowl loose but full it is all good. If I want to pack tight and full it's all good. If I want to load half a bowl or less, I pack it down. This vape is like the Silver Surfer in that how hard you are inhaling will determine where you need the temp to be. At 390 I can sip for a thick milky hit or hit it faster for a less thick rip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom