Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Just got these back this morning:
img-4948.jpg

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Zorbak Never found out the exact cause of the issue, they just sent me a replacement...it just stopped heating up
And for the vape cycle to work, put in your desired temps with time lengths...after that don't press anything, let it heat up and when it reaches your desired temp, you will see a clock under the temp display to indicate its on the vape cycle

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Yep, they sure did, and I argued quite a bit about too, and told them I would mention it on this forum. BTW what was the software issue? I can't seem to get the 3 stage setup working.

That's not right. I told the cs team to replace anything if it arrives broken u over have no control over how hard the mailman chucks a package- so Zorbak, it will be replaced. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thesoloman

Now a proud owner of the ascent, i gotta say i was a little disappointed with the first bowl, had a off taste (plasticy) even before i heated it up the first time. after one bowl and an iso rinse the taste had diminished but was still there. i didn't get huge clouds but i didn't pack huge bowls either. heat up time was fast! and im feeling sativa'D Im not sure if it'll kill the solo though!

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
So, is there a major difference in taste due to the all glass vapor path with the Ascent?

In comparisons to friends' various units: YES

In relation to my 7?8? Year-old GoG vape: it's even better than that. Ah... The future!

What are your thoughts on its size? From photos, it looks chunky, like an old cell phone. Is it something that feels comfortable in the pocket?

Yup. But I guess it depends on your pockets. :p

@nigel @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd @Zorbak...what did you all think of the smell the vaporizer produces while in use? Also do any of you vape at lower temps? I noticed mine (demo unit) only really starts producing visible vapor after 375°f

Wake -- the smell (or lack thereof) was something I meant to address. I don't feel it is bad in the least.

In terms of temp, I've been starting there, due in part to visible vapor.

I haven't bothered w additional screens, in part due to I don't know where they go either. :)

I still feel photos don't do the Stealth's Black Chrome justice...

Now a proud owner of the ascent, i gotta say i was a little disappointed with the first bowl, had a off taste (plasticy) even before i heated it up the first time. after one bowl and an iso rinse the taste had diminished but was still there.

"new vape smell" disappears quickly

Last edited:

Vapnoob

Nubile Vaporist
TY for the Hi-Res pics DV!!! Will putting a carbon fiber wrap on the silver parts of my croc skin void any warranty or cause a issue?

Vapnoob,

illestrolla

Well, this is the thread that turned me from lurker, to active member. Recently got into the whole portavape scene with a micro G pen, and needless to say, it left me desiring more.

I have been combing through the incredible amount of information this forum has to offer, and keep coming back to this thread.

What I've gathered is that for my needs, I'm basically looking at picking between this unit, and the Cera. I like everything about this unit more than the cera.

Any of you own both?

To the OP: I just got "in line" for pre-order via the form on your site today. Can you provide any sort of insight on when you guys expect to fill further orders? Clearly I am late to the party!

illestrolla,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
For what exactly? Cera Essential Oil cart will kick the Ascent's ass all day and all night. Flower... to be determined.

Quetzalcoatl,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
img-4948.jpg
Are these the final production line of Ascents? I was told by Davinci that the final croc skin choice for production was the raised round textured glossy skin (still have the email). This pic shows the flat texture version. Also, buttons look diff, and the clasp is not visible on the croc, though it would be difficult to see it into the blackness.

Last edited:
Snappo,
Reactions: nigel

DBA

Here's my current setup. Great flavor, and very smooth with the bubbler.
0uHjMwW.jpg

That's what I'm going for as well! When I got the money for it! Though I ordered my tool without sticker as I don't like it! Looks delicious though!

DBA,

Zorbak

Unfortunately, that's how long it is..it's pushed all the way in. I would have like it a little shorter, but it still works really well. Still fairly portable this way too.

DBA

Does the water adapter stem have to be extended that far out, or can you have it inserted more for security against breakage? Thanks!

**EDIT: Disregard this, I was wrong**

I believe you can put it in further but I'm not sure whether or not the buddy rim will interfere. Note that I do not own one and this IS indeed speculation, but I think you should be able to I have been looking at the Ascent for a while, so. If anyone can clarify or correct, though, please do!

DBA,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Here's my current setup. Great flavor, and very smooth with the bubbler.

Awesome. Me want

There is a face in the top part of the bubbler. :)

Also, this photo comes closest to capturing the coolness of the black chrome. I guess sunlight > studio light
:)

nigel,
Reactions: Snappo

baltik

I have yet to use mine but I immediately could taste a pretty significant plastic/heater taste on a dry hit. I turned the heat to 430 to left it for 10 minutes - when i came back i turned it grille side up and shined a flashlight - sure enough there is a steady stream of smoke eminating from the unit... no bueno. I am on the 5th cycle and still no abatement. I highly recommend everyone check their units prior to first use..

Top Bottom