Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Welcome to the forum!
irst one was returned for the temperature display glitch where the unit won't sit between 398 and 402 when warm.

Yeah, this is a known software glitch - the unit will still heat up to 402F, even if the screen display does not update (I did extensive testing on this to confirm it was a bug in the display. The same issue happens between 200 and 204C) - every Ascent has this issue

Having a session last night and when I closed the unit the hinge gave and now there is a big gap between top and bottom parts
Check the silicone seals - one of them is probably out of alignment around the oven - causing it to unseat. Or your inner glass stem is not fully inserted into the vape.

My only recommendation is to check the model /serial number of your Ascent - You're golden if it starts with 2AA1. If you have a 1AA1 model, I personally would try to exchange for a newer unit (some may disagree, but there seem to be reliability issues with many 1AA1 units)

OF

Yeah, this is a known software glitch - the unit will still heat up to 402F, even if the screen display does not update (I did extensive testing on this to confirm it was a bug in the display. The same issue happens between 200 and 204C) - every Ascent has this issue

Yep, it has to be in instrument/display issue. In the real world temperatures are analog, not digital. And they can't take 'instant jumps'.

The display is showing an artifact. And five units in a row indicates it's not a fault with that particular unit.

Good calls Rachett, hopefully the seal is the closing issue (I recall that coming up before) and it can be sorted out without another trip the the LHS? I agree, Ascent is too neat a vape to leave it sitting sidelined.

Regards,

OF

kgb33

Thanks for your replies. I've been very careful with the unit. Both units I have had are the 2AA1. Waiting for the local store to open to take it in. They are an authorized dealer but we're unaware of the temperature glitch. Silicone seals look good and in place. Stems are as they should be. Something "let go" when closing it and the bottom peice dropped down causing a gap. The hinge pin no longer turns with the bottom of the unit.

kgb33,
Reactions: OF

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Something "let go" when closing it and the bottom peice dropped down causing a gap. The hinge pin no longer turns with the bottom of the unit.

Very strange, don't recall reading of anyone else having this issue. I've heard of the clasp on the side snapping off, but not a hinge failure. That certainly sounds like a manufacturing defect and should be covered under warranty if the store gives you any trouble with a replacement.

kgb33

If I open it it feels like the bottom wants to come right off. The folks at the store were great. I just take it back to them for the two year warranty. Very impressed with the Ascent otherwise. Performs very well. Great clouds and very efficient at medicating. Lol was pretty sad when it broke lol

kgb33,

JDawg

Hey guys, new ascent owner here. I have ordered glass flowers and a 0.01g scale and they're on the way. Just initial charged my ascent to full for 10hrs and about to do some burn offs...

I carefully tried sliding the rubber stopper (came in the same bag as the screens and extra metal pick) onto the retractable glass stem. Almost immediately it snapped and broke. Can't seem to find a replacement part for this anywhere. Very filmsy piece of accessory.. the rubber is quite thin and too small in diameter.. can't even stretch it to fit over the glass stem without breaking it.

Kinda sucks that an accessory broke before I've used the actual product lol. I thought it was a great idea to include those rubber stoppers... they seem very useful.

Do you guys use the rubber stopper often? Does vapor not escape through the retractable mouth piece?

OF

I carefully tried sliding the rubber stopper (came in the same bag as the screens and extra metal pick) onto the retractable glass stem. Almost immediately it snapped and broke. Can't seem to find a replacement part for this anywhere. Very filmsy piece of accessory.. the rubber is quite thin and too small in diameter.. can't even stretch it to fit over the glass stem without breaking it.

First off, welcome to the forum. Good choice with Ascent, sorry you're having trouble.

I don't fully understand I think. You're talking about the little dust cover? Yes, I (like I think most others) tried it and took it off again (like most?). I don't understand the broken part.....are you talking about the ring part that holds it on the stem? You didn't try to stretch it over the lip on the stem did you? I would expect that to break it. If you want to use it, you should pull the upper stem out and thread the loop on from the the bottom (where there's no lip).

As far as finding a replacement, you're SOL I think. It's most likely a custom part (to fit the tube and lip), Arizer has the civilized world's supply. OTOH I bet if you contacted them they'd mail you one or two?

Otherwise, it's not necessary to use and enjoy your Ascent. It keeps dust and dirt out, with the entire load open to the world at the bottom, Ascent is going to smell after it's first use at some level for ever.

OF

kgb33

Third Ascent charging. Will charge for ten hours as Davinci recommends then do a couple of burn offs and we are back in business! Great service from the local dealer which is lucky because the cost of shipping may have killed it for me at this point otherwise.
Hope this is the last Ascent I will need as it works very well for me.

Thanks again for all you input guys. Great thread. Tons of great info!

JDawg

First off, welcome to the forum. Good choice with Ascent, sorry you're having trouble.

I don't fully understand I think. You're talking about the little dust cover? Yes, I (like I think most others) tried it and took it off again (like most?). I don't understand the broken part.....are you talking about the ring part that holds it on the stem? You didn't try to stretch it over the lip on the stem did you? I would expect that to break it. If you want to use it, you should pull the upper stem out and thread the loop on from the the bottom (where there's no lip).

As far as finding a replacement, you're SOL I think. It's most likely a custom part (to fit the tube and lip), Arizer has the civilized world's supply. OTOH I bet if you contacted them they'd mail you one or two?

Otherwise, it's not necessary to use and enjoy your Ascent. It keeps dust and dirt out, with the entire load open to the world at the bottom, Ascent is going to smell after it's first use at some level for ever.

OF

thanks for the reply and suggestion OF!

yes I was talking about the ring part that holds onto the stem. I realized I had to slide it up from the bottom of the stem... only after I stretched it over the top of the stem which caused it to break.. I did contact davinci and they do not provide replacements for those.... SOL is right.

unless someone on the forums that don't use these covers wouldn't mind sending me theirs :p

can't wait to get home from work and begin burn offs. oh and also noticed quite a flurry of scratches on the display screen from the manufacturer, is that common?

Third Ascent charging. Will charge for ten hours as Davinci recommends then do a couple of burn offs and we are back in business! Great service from the local dealer which is lucky because the cost of shipping may have killed it for me at this point otherwise.
Hope this is the last Ascent I will need as it works very well for me.

Thanks again for all you input guys. Great thread. Tons of great info!

hey just curious, I'm gonna be doing burn offs today, how are you doing yours? max temp for 3, ten minute cycles?

Last edited by a moderator:

kgb33

thanks for the reply and suggestion OF!

yes I was talking about the ring part that holds onto the stem. I did realize I had to do slide it up from the bottom of the stem... only after I stretched it over the top of the stem which caused it to break.. I did contact davinci and they do not provide replacements for those.... SOL is right.

unless someone on the forums that don't use these covers wouldn't mind sending me theirs :p

can't wait to get home from work and begin burn offs. oh and also noticed quite a flurry of scratches on the display screen from the manufacturer, is that common?
The display scratches were on everyone I looked at. Didn't hinder seeing the display

hey just curious, I'm gonna be doing burn offs today, how are you doing yours? max temp for 3, ten minute cycles?

Yeah max temperature 2 or 3 times is what I've been doing

kgb33,
Reactions: JDawg
Hi guys. Looking at getting an ascent at a decent price, but was just wondering if there were fake ascents like there are for other vapes that I need to be careful of?

super_high,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well if it's suspiciously cheaper than on DV website, don't buy it. The risk of getting a fake unit is one thing (note that we saw pictures of fake Ascents on some alibaba shops but it wasn't clear if they really existed or not, apart from that nobody ever reported getting a fake one) but the risk of getting a unit without a legit warranty is what should worry you.

Get it only from an official seller, that's my advice.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hi guys. Looking at getting an ascent at a decent price, but was just wondering if there were fake ascents like there are for other vapes that I need to be careful of?

I have not heard or seen any fake Davinci Ascent's yet.

I personally would avoid it if it had a 1AA1 Serial number (Some have had no problems with their original 1AA1 models, others have had multiple replacements). Given my experience with all electronic vapes over the past year, I would never buy a vape unless I knew the warranty was good (by buying from an authorized vendor)

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: CarolKing

cornwalis

lol funny Toronto vapes replace my ascent today under warranty bran new unit no refurbish trying figure out the clasifids cant seem to post im not special enough lol
wanted to say too mine was a 2aa1 gaskets when all flalling apart basicly and plastic was warped n lower half was so bad my bowl gasket would push down ibetween the bowl but it was one of the first run of 2aa1 very low serial num mostly zeros

Last edited:
cornwalis,

Silvercloud538

FWIW ,specifically @ newby Ascenters ~ Couple of protocol criteria : arriving @

vapor zone efficiently as possible one should set therm @ 430 max ,esp from a

cold start ; wait 15-30 secs after mug boils ,slow sip 'til lungs fill yielding thick

cloudburst ,simultaneously re-set temp to 420 ( if strong response ,re-set again to

395 ) ~ sip away till vapor strength peaks ,then re-set to intervals of - 15 , - 20

'til vapor gets very weak ~ always give batt 15-30 secs @ ea discharge

These sessions will conserve battery ,yielding most vapor w/ less work ( sessions

can be modified increasing pulls while tromboning retractable glass to be cooler )

V A P E O N :chill:

Last edited by a moderator:
Silvercloud538,
Reactions: CarolKing

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We all have our fav way to use the Ascent. Lately I've been starting out at 365 degrees and slowly work my way up to 390. Ive been savoring the lower temps and going higher to get some of the value of the higher temps for the help with pain.

This unit really delivers your meds but you can enjoy how it also delivers flavor from your fav herb. I have some Grape Ape that is exceptional.

cornwalis

Meh i used to i just leave it 405 i can take realy long deep draws ad keep getting vapor as the temp drops with in the oven min i put in .5. Ran good 5 bols in this one incan actualy hear the air rush in the bottom my old one the buttons. Top and botom half gap and around the bowl And was inded warping but the figure was like that new and just got more noticable over time Forgot my stems at home and realy needed to use sumthing they gave me a stems and 2 oil can. Wasent than nice of toronto vaporizer been years since ive been down town toronto for more than just to go to st michels. And home. Made pit stop at thc toronto also freind neede sum ha crucible. Now that was a 8767$! To find Need another visit check things out more :)

cornwalis,

OF

Some time back (maybe two weeks in real time) we were discussing the "Magic Eraser" and questioning if it'd be OK on the oven surface. I had some ordered at the time and have been playing with it some.

I haven't tried it on the Ascent oven, it doesn't need it since I keep after it while hot and I haven't tried anyway since I didn't think I could see it all that well. So I've tried it on other glass surfaces I can see through. I found no evidence of any kind of scaring. In fact, glass cleaning is a recommended use.

Fun stuff, it's very lightweight foam, not really an abrasive at all, more like a sponge. And very soft, it gets chewed up "like a pencil eraser" in use.

There are several grades, some filled with detergents (best avoided I think). While I'm using 'the Original' there's a more attractive looking version designed for outside use (grills and the like).
https://www.mrclean.com/cleanbook/magic-erasers-101

One draw back is it is used wet (at least damp). I think it'd be kind of awkward cutting a piece the right shape to fit in, holding onto it well enough to scrub without tearing it to bits and doing so wet. But I see no reason to fear trying based on concerns about scratching the glaze in the bowl.

Regards to all.

OF

mixchu69

Does davinci have an upgrade program? Or one where I can turn mine in and get a new one?

The ascent is awesome and I have no problems. I'm thinking about the future, if something we're to fail or davinci comes out with a new model.

mixchu69,
Reactions: KidFated.

mixchu69

I know the Haze has started a great program that will help uncle Vito, but I think da Vinci is sticking with their two year warranty.
IC. I wish all manufacturers worked like Haze. Customer service, presence on these forums, and implementing ideas that people have to make improvements. It seems like there hasn't been anything new with the Ascent. It's a great device but would like to see them popping out with new accessories to play with. They should really find a way to make the glass vials to work by increasing the ascents temp with new hardware/software or using a different material. I realize this piece was advertised as mostly glass.

mixchu69,
Reactions: KidFated.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
What sort of other accessories would you want to see @mixchu69 ? I've designed a tamping tool, desktop charging dock, wall mounted charging dock, and mini loading stand for the Ascent (Sadly I'm rebuilding my store currently since Etsy kicked me off - I'll have the new site open within days)

I'd like to design my own spacers, but I don't have access to any 3D printable vapor safe materials right now. Maybe Food-safe Porcelain will be the answer - Shapeways is working on that printer right now. If I wasn't already walking a thin line on that site (T's&C's), I'd probably already be registered as a beta tester for it!

I've been patiently waiting for Davinci to release a better spacer for the Ascent, but I'm getting restless. I don't like packing the oven full every time, and flowers are a bitch for road trips. I like using my Ascent, but I rarely use it these days because I have other vapes which are easier to use and load with less material

I wonder if I could fabricate something from 316 stainless...........

mixchu69

What sort of other accessories would you want to see @mixchu69 ? I've designed a tamping tool, desktop charging dock, wall mounted charging dock, and mini loading stand for the Ascent (Sadly I'm rebuilding my store currently since Etsy kicked me off - I'll have the new site open within days)

I'd like to design my own spacers, but I don't have access to any 3D printable vapor safe materials right now. Maybe Food-safe Porcelain will be the answer - Shapeways is working on that printer right now. If I wasn't already walking a thin line on that site (T's&C's), I'd probably already be registered as a beta tester for it!

I've been patiently waiting for Davinci to release a better spacer for the Ascent, but I'm getting restless. I don't like packing the oven full every time, and flowers are a bitch for road trips. I like using my Ascent, but I rarely use it these days because I have other vapes which are easier to use and load with less material

I wonder if I could fabricate something from 316 stainless...........
Hi Ratchett,

I am planning to make a purchase from your site because all the tools you make are great and cost effective, especially the charging deck for the ascent (I can't load with one hand and this will be a great way to pack). The one thing I want is the ability to vape concentrates with this device other than using an herb sandwich. That was one of the two reasons why I purchased this, the other being the glass air path.

I feel like I have to buy everything from your store, other than the Indica accessories since I don't own one. I like the tool used to pat down the material (I currently use wooden chopsticks but yours is obviously much nicer).

So if I could ask ascent or yourself to find a way to vape oils without herbs, cotton, or ss. Thanks

Top Bottom