Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Oh, I did pick up the Pinnacle WT. It fits the 14mm GonG just perfectly. It is a bit small (water volume), but good for portability. It does have a negative effect on the flavor (as to be expected), but I rather enjoyed using it (more than I thought I would) this weekend.

Well... I'm sure there is such a thing as packed TOO tight, an error I made early on. :)

But then there's a Goldilocks-point somewhere that is not too tight, not too loose.

I'm getting really good results with just tossing glass flowers in, pinch of product (I can't tamp due to irregular shape of glass flowers below), then enough flowers stem down to fill. The only "packing" is putting the top flowers in, but I by no means try to make it tight. (Enough room for a flower to shift in usage, and get broken by opening the oven up :) )

@KeroZen I see your note about having product covering the intake holes (most likely to impact/restrict airflow and give the product a chance to heat?). In my case, I have glass flowers on the bottom, so I don't have a lot of product in contact with the floor of the oven, nor do I think the flowers sit directly on the holes or the floor.

But I've oft wonder if I really needed that bottom level of glass flowers... it's really more just part of my ritual/habit, so I haven't experimented. Guess I should, given your notes.

[EDIT:
(that ~0.025g figure is impressive @nigel!)
I'm sure you know this, as you read all of the posts, but clarification for anyone else that comes by this-- Those were some tests specific to one user's tolerances/usage-patterns. We were both able to confirm the extraction and medication at that level. Did I say "clouds"? Nope. I don't talk about those much anyway. Did I say that was my normal usage? Nope. Albeit, I am no massive hitter, that's low even by my standards. But the point stands is we got a lot of extraction for so little product.]

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Hey @Ratchett by the way I'd gladly buy your tamping tool if it was not glow in the dark (sorry pal but for some reason I associate that material with cancer hehe) and most seriously because your shop page says you don't ship to my country. But the shape seems perfect, if you could make the same out of metal that would be awesome! But I'd get any non-glow material too.

---

I must admit that packing that much really sounded counter-intuitive at first, but restricting the air flow seems to give enough time for the extraction to take place. Otherwise it feels like hot air just flows too fast through the load... That being said, in those tests I did not pack extremely hard either. Because back then when I did that, the top seal air-leak became the path of least resistance (vs the load itself) and it felt a bit too restrictive.

Now that I fixed that leak, I get a similar "tight draw" feeling even when packing moderately hard. I will reproduce test #5 tonight using same material and amounts and see if there's an improvement with the leak fix. It should not create more vapor out of nothing so I kinda expect the same number of hits but with a faster extraction time... we'll see later tonight!

@nigel : you could try a thin bed of plant material to cover the holes, pack it with some flat tool, then add your classic plant+flowers mixture on top, and see if it changes anything?

EDIT: note that packing also has the advantage of preventing most flying bits... well.. to some extent at least. Now I forgot to mention it but creating an "even" puck of homogenous density is not necessarily easy: the bowl sides tend to invite more material and the puck can easily get a curved surface with less material in the middle. I don't know to what extent this has an incidence...

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
@KeroZen - that's my prototype store - I post what I have printed. Any of my objects can be printed in a variety of colors. I can print currently in any color including White, Natural (off-white), Black, Seafoam green (translucent), Neon Green, Blue, Orange and Red.

Also, I only calculate shipping for USA unless requested for other countries (USPS flat rate makes it easy for US shipping cost estimates) - PM me your address and I'll add shipping for First-class to your country (cheapest method available) to my etsy store (I should be able to ship anywhere, it's plastic after all, nothing crazy)

I couldn't live without the tamping tool - so useful for getting everything packed in - maybe that's why my experiences have been better than some on here....

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Holy crap guys, this is completely incredible! I fixed that leak just the other day when I made the post and I told you I could feel a clear improvement but I did not try to quantify it until tonight when I re-did my standard test #5.... oh my, it's crazy!

Actually during my initial test run back then, I encountered one very odd data point which I called "the plenty run": I used what the digital scale reported as 0.25g (so a big load for the Ascent, but only twice the amount I put in a good joint) and the session just never ended. I think I almost depleted a fully charged battery to finish it, it kept producing and producing to the point I was bored! I recorded for that session over 250 hits and thought it was an error. I thought that because it was so long, I surely had lost the focus and maybe started taking smaller hits...

Then tonight I re-did test #5 using what I call a "good session" load (ie it almost gets me too medicated) but it's easy to reproduce: it weighted between 0.1g and 0.12g, that would be a little stick for someone smoking it pure or that would be a big joint for my broke friends putting heaps of tobacco, for me it's the amount I use to put in a "solo" joint that I don't intend to share.

This time I packed it real good to see if packing it too much could have an adverse effect. I should have noted the session start time but I started after my previous post and until now (and the site says it's 50 minutes ago already) The session was uber long even if I was in serial vaper mode: back to back hits almost! The auto shut off of the bowl engaged a few times during the session, and it's on maximum setting (btw I'm not even sure the motion detector really works)

As you can see, and I told that to @nigel in private once: this is never ending to say the least! I wish I could have shorter sessions sometimes really, because if I smoked the same amount, it would last between 5 and 10 minutes only. So in a way even if smoking is less efficient, it's a way faster delivery route! (you might argue that I could go directly to the max temperature and deplete the load faster though)

With such long sessions, I can usually only have 2 and a half or only sometimes just 2 before I need to re-charge, and I'm really affraid my batteries won't last very long at that rate. I hope we will find a solution together to service them in the future...

Ok so back to the test: it's not necessarily hard to do but one needs to stay focused. The most important is to draw always the same manner and the same time (3 seconds in my case) and also to space the hits equally (between 5 and 10 seconds in my case, almost back to back) because otherwise you could be tempted to wait more and more to let the vapor build up (as with enough time you can rob components that normally belong to higher temperature levels)

Whenever the hit becomes wispy, I don't put a mark on my paper sheet. Eventually if I have doubts I take a second hit to see, but it's usually also wispy and it means the temperature level is depleted (for the test purpose at least) and I move to the next one. There is no way to cheat, either there's visible vapor exhale or it's wispy. I stayed in the same place and orientation, exhaling under the same lighting. I also moved to the minimum to not shake the device and perturb the load (btw in all my tests I never repack nor reload *ever*)

So here's the rundown for the leak-fixed test using 0.1~0.12g:

- 177°C : 73 hits
- 185°C : 29 hits
- 195°C : 23 hits
- 205°C : 13 hits
- 221°C : 14 hits
grand total >> 152 hits!

Interesting facts to note:

- I don't have my old data at hand but it's more than double the number of hits I got from the same amount before the fix!!!! Of course I will need to redo the test to get more data points, but so far it's very promising. It's like my "plenty run" in fact! :)
- There is always (with this particular strain at least) a similar pattern of disminishing number of hits with rising temperature, to the exception of the two high temp levels which are most of the time equal.
- 152 hits times 3 seconds + 152 times 7 seconds recovery time equals 1520 seconds, so the session must have lasted at minimum 25 minutes, I think in practice it was even longer.

So of course my number of hits mean nothing to you because my hits are different than yours, but what is important is that with focus and practice they are reproducible (I did the tests several times per load size initially and had super consistent results, ie read same amount of hits +/-1 and I try to make it as blind as possible by not counting the total of hits unless the session is done)

Note that I don't vape as fast as in the test in practice, as I hold the hits longer and don't vape necessarily back to back, and I am now using a different temperature level schedule which I adapt from strain to strain (some delicate ones I start at 170°C even lowered to 165°C once) but you see, adding levels increase the session time further and I find it's already way too long. This is why I use smaller loads whenever I can (0.06g is fine for me solo) and I also rarely go high temps now but still it takes longer than a joint. Maybe I'm spoiled by the taste and should start at higher temps when I need to get there faster?

PS: I don't want to create false hopes so I must precise once again that I'm using a 2AE1 device, possibly improved over the previous revisions (+ the leak fix) your mileage may vary!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When I bought my wooden stem from Ed he included 3 o-rings and it really helps with any air leaks around the stem. I wonder if Ed would sell any o-rings or tell you where you could buy them? You could PM him and find out.

Look under Vapor Related Equipment under Eds TnT wooden stems/mouthpieces.

I don't use any more herb than I do with my Solo, the glass flowers use up a lot of room in the bowl plus it holds the heat.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm back again after the second testing round. I took the same amount (actually slightly more, so closer to 0.12g than 0.1g) and divided that in two halves (more or less, it's hard to weight such small amounts with my cheap scale) and I did two sessions of around 0.06g, that would be what I call the minimal practical load without using a filler of some kind.

Again I recorded over 100% improvement vs before the leak-fix, that is at least two times the 36 hits mean figure I reported in the previous post for that load size! Impressive? Yes and no, I'll explain why later when I talk about the light torch experiment...

This time I recorded the first session timing and it lasted 27 minutes (and the second was a tad shorter) For the first one I packed even harder than in the post above, to the point I felt the draw was a bit too restricted. Nonetheless the results were very good but I had to break the rule: twice the puck lifted inside the bowl ("rising puck") and it stopped producing vapor. I had to put it back in place but it was the first time I tried such an extreme packing.

Here's the rundown for the first 0.06g session:
- 177°C : 31 hits (repacked after 10th)
- 185°C : 12 hits (repacked after 12th but raised the temp, could have gone longer)
- 195°C : 22 hits (note the extra hits borrowed from the previous level)
- 205°C : 7 hits
- 221°C : 9 hits
grand total >> 81 hits!

Interestingly when I opened the bowl to unload I noticed a good case of "#4 - see-thru holes", as all 4 holes were partially unobstructed. Then I repacked for the second session and this time right from the beginning I couldn't fully cover the holes. I placed the Ascent over my white paper sheet and I could see some bits of white through the load while looking from above. I tried my best but couldn't cover them fully with so few material. The puck was also very thin and less compacted than during the first session... maybe I did a better job at first?

Overall both sessions had less density than in the previous post above, but as expected the second was worse and got less hits:
- 177°C : 26 hits (at this point I had to plug the charger as the battery was almost dead)
- 185°C : 18 hits
- 195°C : 11 hits
- 205°C : 7 hits
- 221°C : 7 hits
grand total >> 69 hits

At the end of the second session it was super wispy and when I opened the bowl the load had shrunk so much that most holes were completely uncovered (acute case of #4) I knew the session could have gone better, this is why I said it's important to have a "perfect reference point", that is a session that went super fine extraction-wise, and use that as a reference to compare to, so you know how your current session fares.

kenny241

first post, using 1aa1 early numbered unit, still going fine for those that think they all fail, you just have to be careful when opening. for very good results try the spacer, oil jar, first load the bottom of the units bowl to the ledge using ratchett's tamper tool, about 1/8 inch, this keeps the good contact and slows the air flow. then take the oil jar pack it also using the other end of ratchett's tool, put small fitted screen on top. the unit will stay cleaner, great vapor, and abv in oil jar will be darker, you can use smaller amounts and just refill the jar several times,

Tony Hemp

Am I reading this wrong, or am I seeing that 0.1g is a sufficient amount? That's literally like a crumb I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of effects if I put that in my ascent. I can't fathom rolling a joint with such a small amount either, or is that a different number for a personal sized joint? I feel like I have to use so much more meds since I started vaping. Now granted, the health benefits outweigh the amount used, but I don't are any way of conserving it to such small loads. It just doesn't work for me.

I'd just like to say I never use glass screens or the oil jar I just pack extremely tight using my pinky. I get very good vape hits starting around 350-355 and then moving up 5 degrees after every 1-2 hits. I could be wrong but I feel like the bump in temperature helps bring it back up to temp after hits. It loses it's portability when I can't just empty out a bowl on the go and have to worry about hot glad screens or whatever.

Not saying the plastic tamping tool is a bad idea at all, but if you try to tamp the material down while the bowl is hot it can melt the plastic against the bowl. This has happened to me with a plastic tool so I switched to a metal pen and it works great. Would love a metal tamping tool so I can press it down while the unit is hot. This is just my :2c:, different strokes for different folks as always.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Am I reading this wrong, or am I seeing that 0.1g is a sufficient amount? That's literally like a crumb I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of effects if I put that in my ascent. I can't fathom rolling a joint with such a small amount either, or is that a different number for a personal sized joint? I feel like I have to use so much more meds since I started vaping. Now granted, the health benefits outweigh the amount used, but I don't are any way of conserving it to such small loads. It just doesn't work for me.

I'd just like to say I never use glass screens or the oil jar I just pack extremely tight using my pinky. I get very good vape hits starting around 350-355 and then moving up 5 degrees after every 1-2 hits. I could be wrong but I feel like the bump in temperature helps bring it back up to temp after hits. It loses it's portability when I can't just empty out a bowl on the go and have to worry about hot glad screens or whatever.

Not saying the plastic tamping tool is a bad idea at all, but if you try to tamp the material down while the bowl is hot it can melt the plastic against the bowl. This has happened to me with a plastic tool so I switched to a metal pen and it works great. Would love a metal tamping tool so I can press it down while the unit is hot. This is just my :2c:, different strokes for different folks as always.

Haha, seriously, since buying my Lotus, I use 0.1g in a single draw!

Note, I do recommend cooling the oven before using my plastic tamping tools. However, if you really want a tamping tool in metal, you can purchase a metal one through my Shapeways store. The cheapest metal is stainless steel (expensive, i know, sorry, that's Shapeways fees!). Heck, for a few more bucks you can get it plated in 24K gold and polished! Still though - $16 for a stainless steel tamper isn't bad, unfortunately Shapeways is a bit slower than me at printing and shipping orders

Waiting to restock before I start experimenting with varying levels of compacting

Last edited by a moderator:
Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: OF

OF

Am I reading this wrong, or am I seeing that 0.1g is a sufficient amount? That's literally like a crumb I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of effects if I put that in my ascent.

Good point. No magic here. If it's say 18% THC, and you're able to extract it all without loss (neither a 'given' IMO). That's 18 mg of the good stuff, total. Low tolerance folks might find part of that interesting, but I'd say the average user is not? We gain by not destroying THC with heat, and some from not confusing stuff with random nasty stuff in the smoke, but sooner or later it comes down to active ingredient available per dose.......this is not Homeopathic Medicine after all.

You can't get more out than you put in no matter how wonderful the hardware or exacting the technique.

Simply getting something out means little more than having a glass of Scotch and water with way too much water. The only part that counts sobriety wise is the proof content and volume of the Scotch. Which is why, of course, one takes one's Single Malt neat.......

Haha, seriously, since buying my Lotus, I use 0.1g in a single draw!

We have quite a spectrum here. We have one member famous for going more than a month on a gram. And in another thread one famous for rolling seven gram blunts. It's a big tent here, boys and girls.....

OF

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You are missing the points here. It has nothing to do with tolerance or quantities, and if 0.1g is low for you then fine, you will have a better chance to make a good puck that covers the 4 bowl holes completely with a larger load!

You guys all report using very large loads, getting only a few hits and needing to wait 1 whole minute between draws. Maybe you are all using water tools or bongs or are taking giant hits, but we're definitely not using the device the same way. I gathered a few reports from this thread:

Use 0.5 herb. Start off at 390, for 4 hits, go to 410 for 4 or so, then 430 for rest. Am I overheating? My girlfriend and I usually get 12-14 hits per session (...) and around 0.5-0.7g of herb. Is this normal?

I get a solid 20 minute session on 0.3 (glass flowers to take up space).

Heck I start at 320 and as long as I am getting taste,which at that temp is fantastic. I can get long sessions off 0.25g.

I would grind my flower with a sharpstone grinder, it doesn't make it super fine at all kind of a medium grind. I pack about 0.2-0.3 in at a time if it's just me and my gf. I put it in and use a metal pen to pack it down super super tight I mean so friggin tight. I usually start at about 350 and get about 4-6 good flavor hits then bump it up to 365 then I kind of judge it from there whether I should stop at 375 or bump it up to 415.

I've had my Ascent for 2 days now and i think i made a terrible mistake (...) I have almost no visible vapour and whatever i load finishes in ten minutes. Yes, i get hi*h , but nowhere near as i would have gotten with 6 spliffs. Im wasting a lot of material.

Compare to my sipping method where I get never-ending hits and only have to wait about 10 secs max between draws... your technics all seem faster than mine to deplete the load for sure but at the same time I'm under the impression you are wasting a lot! (I won't enter into this debate further because as I said it would be missing the point)

The point is: of course fixing the vapor/air ratio of your device, both inside your bowl by playing with the load restriction and inside your vapor path by lowering the amount of external air intake, will not create more active ingredients out of thin air! This would be against Physics laws. But as we all tend to judge when a load is done by the combined sensations of lung/throat gratification and visible vapor exhale, improving that ratio allows you to continue extracting past the point where you would normally stop and consider the hit to be wispy.

Just do a quick test on your next session: get it running and when you reach the end of your current temperature level (ie you're about to raise temperature because your cues tell you this level is done) grab a torch light or use your cell phone light app (whatever) and take another hit then exhale against the light beam, like they all do in the vapor videos. You will see that the throat/lungs sensation will not be satisfying (too low vapor/air ratio) but your eyes will definitely tell you there's plenty of vapor left!

Really you should all have a close look at your buddy rim seal and if you see the slightest gap, then I'm sure fixing it one way or another would improve your satisfaction with the device.

KeroZen,
I'm sure this has been discussed at length, but 231 pages...The Dude is lazy.

The wiki page for this Ascent says it is "passive convection." What exactly does that mean? The placement of the herb chamber suggests conduction to me, so I am a little confused. Also, one review on the Davinci site says you have to pack the herb chamber pretty full to get the best results, much like the Pax. Is this true?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

The wiki page for this Ascent says it is "passive convection." What exactly does that mean? The placement of the herb chamber suggests conduction to me, so I am a little confused. Also, one review on the Davinci site says you have to pack the herb chamber pretty full to get the best results, much like the Pax. Is this true?

Lol, dude, you don't need to read 231 pages, but at LEAST read the past 2 pages - your question about packing has been discussed extensively by @KeroZen within the past 24 hours......

The Ascent uses Conduction heating as the primary method. I'm assuming it's considered convection heating because the air is heated as it passes through the packed herb?

I consider the Ascent a conduction heating vape, while my Lotus uses mostly convection heat

OF

I don't agree. I believe the good work is done by conduction and I ran some experiments that show as much. The temperature is highest before the hit starts. CONVECTION COOLS THE LOAD. I showed over 100 degrees in some case.......that will kill production like few other things can. Convection plays a role distributing the heat (as it does in many other vapes), but by definition convection vapes heat air and use hot air to heat the load. Like Volcano, HA, box vapes and TV products do.

Therefore, because it's conduction basically, physical contact is key. Tight packs are favored, unlike with pure convection. Smaller loads work better when pressed into contact with the walls. And of course putting more mass in play can't hurt. But I think the key is compression, lot size alone.

I still think the glass flowers belong in any serious attempt to 'fine tune' performance. And I know I'm not alone here........ The improvement is dramatic, simple, cheap and repeatable.

OF

Lol, dude, you don't need to read 231 pages, but at LEAST read the past 2 pages - your question about packing has been discussed extensively by @KeroZen within the past 24 hours......

The Ascent uses Conduction heating as the primary method. I'm assuming it's considered convection heating because the air is heated as it passes through the packed herb?

I consider the Ascent a conduction heating vape, while my Lotus uses mostly convection heat

Two pages? That's a lot of words.

images

:)

Thanks for the info Ratchett and OF. You both confirmed what I was thinking.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Although I haven't bothered to count, I can confirm the high hit count and lengthy sessions that @KeroZen is reporting on small-ish loads (~.07-0.14g). I might go so far as to say my count/time might even be higher, but then I'm doing probably more but smaller sips.

Also the flashlight does work to demonstrate that one is still pulling off vapor long after one thinks it has stopped. Now, I don't use this as an indicator of time to step to the next temp -- I use flavor/taste as the indicator to move to the next temp range -- but it does illustrate there is more than one would think being pulled out.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I knew you would chime in mister sip-master! :) Glad to hear that we experience the same, it means it's not a matter of device revision number if yours perform comparatively well under similar conditions!

I find the flashlight to be a much needed education tool, when training other people to use the device. Especially when starting at flavor-heaven low temperatures, where newbies are really puzzled by the lack of visible exhale. I just hold a mini LED keychain right under their bottom lip when they exhale, and as soon as they can visualize the vapor, they get it and start enjoying.

gangababa

The problem with we vapor-newbies is the old "am I stoned yet dilemma".

These recent weeks with the Ascent have been like doing it all over again. Yes, it's not like my "first" high, sipping smoldering hash from beneath an upturned glass, but damn! I assent in the words shared above, the Ascent can get the job done. Of course, we all have different jobs to do.

Question? My cheap gram scale is accurate at a penny and five grams (10, 20 etc). If it is anywhere near accurate at .25 grams, I can't see how the bowl-bottom could be covered with .06 unless it is bone dry material.
I have loaded .1-.15 g using only the glass jar as filler. At that amount, the jar will rattle. when I load perhaps .2g, the jar is lightly compressed as the bowl is closed. With my stash, .25g pushes the limits for pressing the jar down and closing.
I managed to add a second hole to my glass jar, opposite corner to the toothpick hole. I drilled by hand, no power.

Now, if I could only find a pharmacy.

gangababa,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

If the bowl is filled with the glass flowers (glass pipe screens) along with the herb, it fills the bowl up, with as much product as I use in the Solo stem. The Ascent puts out mass vapor and with amazing taste. Play around and have fun.:rofl:

Much better flavor than the Pax I might add, IMO.

Norcalsun

If you want a packing tool you could easily put a bit of Blu Tac in the glass can then push a chop stick or something similar into it for a handle. Myself I just use the glass can by itself, I really don't need any type of handle with it. Just a thought.

computermole

As soon as I started to use my Ascent today, I was very sad to find that it the OLED screen seems to have cracked "in the inside" (see pictures), ie. the upper plastic surface of the screen is not damaged at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkvvbhavlzmuz7c/2014-05-14 11.02.32.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ude4mom01u3ekyc/2014-05-14 11.01.10.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/103659gx8ln3rv4/2014-05-14 11.00.49.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6bsjus59xxd5s2/2014-05-14 11.01.30.jpg

The vaporizer is still working fine with respect to its main function, but since the display is cracked, the displayed information is hardly recognizable, not allowing me to finetune the settings. I should also mention that the Ascent never dropped nor did I use it inadequately (you'll just see that the rubberlike surface has slightly worn off in a small area, which I do not consider a serious flaw). The vaporizer generally is in good shape, and I think one can see that the damage of the oled screen did not result from a drop or sth alike. However, previous experiences of cracked phone displays weren't really positive, with the manufacturer claiming that any such crack MUST have resulted from personal misuse.

Has anyone of you had a similar issue with the OLED? Of course I would like to have it repaired, but I don't know about whether DaVinci's costumer service is good or not nor how warranty is to be applied to in my case, as I purchased the Ascent from a German store (www.vaporizer-markt.de).
Thanks in advance for your replies!

Last edited:
computermole,

Tony Hemp

As soon as I started to use my Ascent today, I was very sad to find that it the OLED screen seems to have cracked "in the inside" (see pictures), ie. the upper plastic surface of the screen is not damaged at all.

The vaporizer is still working fine with respect to its main function, but since the display is cracked, the displayed information is hardly recognizable, not allowing me to finetune the settings. I should also mention that the Ascent never dropped nor did I use it inadequately (you'll just see that the rubberlike surface has slightly worn off in a small area, which I do not consider a serious flaw). The vaporizer generally is in good shape, and I think one can see that the damage of the oled screen did not result from a drop or sth alike. However, previous experiences of cracked phone displays weren't really positive, with the manufacturer claiming that any such crack MUST have resulted from personal misuse.

Has anyone of you had a similar issue with the OLED? Of course I would like to have it repaired, but I don't know about whether DaVinci's costumer service is good or not nor how warranty is to be applied to in my case, as I purchased the Ascent from a German store (www.vaporizer-markt.de).
Ouch, that really sucks. I can't say I've had that experience with the oled, but when I had my stealth it came with a slight obstruction in the oled. Didn't affect it like that, but bothered me for being brand new. I no longer have that stealth, I would hope davinci would work with you on the screen. Not sure how they treat it when buying through another website, but I figure it should just matter with the serial number of the unit. As long as they produced it, it should be covered under the warranty. This is just an assumption though.

I've come to figure out that the quality of this device is subpar. The manufacturing is shotty with no two ascents being alike, they're prone to problems, and all materials are from china which usually isn't a sign of top notch quality. I'm a form believer in, "you get what you pay for" however in this case I think we overpaid for what we actually got. $200 should be the price because we'll wind up spending the $50 sending it back multiple times in two years.

Now, I'm not knocking the ascent. It does work well when it works. Heck, I'm typing this on my phone on one hand and ascent in the other, so I obviously like it. Just give davinci a shot to make it right, you might be surprised.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

Yikes, that sucks! Gotta say, that's the first time I've seen anyone report an issue like this with the OLED.

I would honestly give Davinci a call. Explain the problem. I doubt they will repair your Ascent, they will most likely ship you a new unit

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: Glass004

Glass004

Consumer Advocate

I just got an email to return my new Ascent and they asked for info regarding webb site or store etc where you purchase the Ascent. This leads me to believe they will replace your unit no matter where you got it. It will take time. That's why I have two of them, one to use while another is away being exchanged. I am happy with the arrangement as long as they continue to generously honor their two year warranty.

Glass004,
Massdrop just put up a bunch of MFLB stuff. There is the finishing grinder, an etched model MFLB, and the water tool and power adapters. I'm still waiting on my ascent but having a launch box will be a good back up in case the ascent breaks.

bambithedeer,
Top Bottom