Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Osn Dosn

One of my hobbies. ;)

It's just that when you frame one side of the debate in negative terms like "nerdy" and "unnecessary", I felt this needed a bit of perspective.

One of mine too. Maybe we should become friends and shit.

While this wasn't my intention you're still right: those terms might imply negativity that wasn't meant to be there, as I love all the nerdy and unnecessary discussions going on here, so sorry for that.

Once again I refer to English not being my native language.. hell I never ever been to an English-speaking country, but on the other hand you think we still don't have fridges over here, so I guess that makes it even, even though this all has nothing to do with my bad choice of words, which we don't need to discuss here any more I guess ;)

love

Guys have reported finding good international deals on EBay, perhaps someone can post one or you can search back some and find them?

Just pulled the trigger on Amazon. ~20€ with shipping for the 40pcs and about a month until they're here, but hey, your explanation makes sense and I'm curious what the result will be, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

lwien

While this wasn't my intention you're still right: those terms might imply negativity that wasn't meant to be there, as I love all the nerdy and unnecessary discussions going on here, so sorry for that.

Once again I refer to English not being my native language.. hell I never ever been to an English-speaking country, but on the other hand you think we still don't have fridges over here, so I guess that makes it even, even though this all has nothing to do with my bad choice of words, which we don't need to discuss here any more I guess ;)

love

Hell, you write English better than many whose English is their native and ONLY language. Well done. :tup:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
As far as breaking them goes, I've had no experience here. I've used them dozens to times and haven't managed to break one yet......I think Nigel can help you out here?

Seems I am doomed to break them. I'm normally not clumsy, and there should be enough in there so they aren't shifting around.

I do have a tendency to turn the unit upside down from the way I hold it sometimes, so maybe they do shift just enough?

So I hear sometimes a crack when I open the bowl.
And I find both "petals" (the coloured part) and "stems" in ABV.

This is the curse I must live with.

(I've also given away quite a few to friends I talked into getting Ascents, so I guess I loose a lot that way too.)

OF

Seems I am doomed to break them.

This is the curse I must live with.

(I've also given away quite a few to friends I talked into getting Ascents, so I guess I loose a lot that way too.)

Hey, I think it's swell the way to 'take one for the team here'. Saves the rest of us, some guys are having real trouble getting them, much easier for you to replace them........

And I appreciate how you don't burden the rest of us with complaints about it. That's the other thing I've always respected about you (after that bit where strange women can't keep their hands off you......).

I also know that last part, I gave some to a friend as well. Feels good, eigh?

OF

nigel

Too kind, my friend. Too kind.
:)

I also know that last part, I gave some to a friend as well. Feels good, eigh?

I would like to think that the kindnesses that are bestowed on me are paid back by my extending them to others.

firstavailable

After using the Ascent a little more, I'm starting to warm up to it (no pun intended). I've been filling the whole bowl with loose unpacked ground herb, and drawing slowly. I stopped using the auto function. Now I start the vape at around 405F, then slowly progress up to 425F. Doing slow deep draws seems to be the key. It seems to be pretty good for what it is. I'm not really regretting my purchase as much as I did initially. I still haven't had a chance to get flowers. I will try that. That should improve things even more I'm sure. I really don't want to use cotton though. That just doesn't seem appealing to me. Most of the time that I consume (I wanted to say "smoke" but I have the feeling that's a dirty word around here ;-) herb is with other people. I think if someone saw me loading in cotton into a vape that would gross them out. To be honest, the idea kinda grosses me out a bit. I do get a little bit of plant mater on my tong from time to time, that doesn't really bother me at all.

What does bother me though is the vapor that escapes from the bottom while it is heating up. I consider that a design flaw.

Also, it doesn't seem to be the most efficient unit. In fact, it seems like I need the same amount of herb to get me where I want to be as I do when I smoke out of a bowl. My old iOlite was significantly better in terms of efficiency. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe it's because some vapor escapes from the bottom. Not really sure.

bean420,
The two vapes that I was considering were the Ascent and the Pax. For me, I needed a handheld unit because I almost never consume herb at home. I only do it a couple times a week, and it's usually out at a friend's house or on the beach. I've never tried the Pax, I only have spoken to those who have tried it. I'm starting to get the feeling that it is probably similar to the ascent. If anyone has both the Ascent and the Pax, I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on how the two units compare to each other.

What are your requirements for a vape? Are you looking for something that will give you big "clouds"? Are you looking for something that is better for packing larger bowls or smaller bowls? What are your usage patterns like? Do you vape on a daily basis, or once in a while? Are you generally sitting down and relaxing while you do it, or are you out and about?

What specifically are you dissatisfied with about the ascent?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
After using the Ascent a little more, I'm starting to warm up to it (no pun intended). I've been filling the whole bowl with loose unpacked ground herb, and drawing slowly. I stopped using the auto function. Now I start the vape at around 405F, then slowly progress up to 425F. Doing slow deep draws seems to be the key. It seems to be pretty good for what it is. I'm not really regretting my purchase as much as I did initially. I still haven't had a chance to get flowers. I will try that. That should improve things even more I'm sure. I really don't want to use cotton though. That just doesn't seem appealing to me. Most of the time that I consume (I wanted to say "smoke" but I have the feeling that's a dirty word around here ;-) herb is with other people. I think if someone saw me loading in cotton into a vape that would gross them out. To be honest, the idea kinda grosses me out a bit. I do get a little bit of plant mater on my tong from time to time, that doesn't really bother me at all.

What does bother me though is the vapor that escapes from the bottom while it is heating up. I consider that a design flaw.

Also, it doesn't seem to be the most efficient unit. In fact, it seems like I need the same amount of herb to get me where I want to be as I do when I smoke out of a bowl. My old iOlite was significantly better in terms of efficiency. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Maybe it's because some vapor escapes from the bottom. Not really sure.

bean420,
The two vapes that I was considering were the Ascent and the Pax. For me, I needed a handheld unit because I almost never consume herb at home. I only do it a couple times a week, and it's usually out at a friend's house or on the beach. I've never tried the Pax, I only have spoken to those who have tried it. I'm starting to get the feeling that it is probably similar to the ascent. If anyone has both the Ascent and the Pax, I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts on how the two units compare to each other.

What are your requirements for a vape? Are you looking for something that will give you big "clouds"? Are you looking for something that is better for packing larger bowls or smaller bowls? What are your usage patterns like? Do you vape on a daily basis, or once in a while? Are you generally sitting down and relaxing while you do it, or are you out and about?

What specifically are you dissatisfied with about the ascent?

You may be more satisfied once you get the glass flowers. I think you will notice that you're not using as much herb.
The cotton keeps the screen clean, works really great for a lot of vaporizers.
Vape on.

Last edited:

elcolega

love

Just pulled the trigger on Amazon. ~20€ with shipping for the 40pcs and about a month until they're here, but hey, your explanation makes sense and I'm curious what the result will be, thanks!

Hello to all people look this forum is in spanish most people return the Ascent and the ma in the forum (the Davinci seller)is dissapear for many days until one buy,check for 1 day and return to USA they say are lier company
and in facebok one man say this to the company
I have never in my 40+ years of business seen a company use other peoples money to pay for new inventory. Pre order ??? Crazy people are falling for this!!!

the link is this and is in spanish
http://vaporizando.com/foro.php?topic=2460.255
thanks for all folks!!!!

PS :I,m From Spain (sorry for my english) a lot of ascent´s give problems ...

elcolega,
Hey, I'm on the fence between a few vaporizers and I've been researching for a very very long time now and I'm down to just a few: The Arizer Solo, the Pax Ploom and the DaVinci Ascent... I own a SSV that I use at the house but I really want a portable vaporizer. My main and biggest concern is health and the quality of the materials used, I want the safest possible delivery method and that is usually something that's correlated with vapor quality and how much the taste of the heaters can taint the taste of the herb.

I like the Solo because I know it most likely will NOT have any problems and the unit is surely perfected by now, though it's the biggest of these three...

I really like the Pax because of how truly portable it is but I'm concerned if the taste is tainted much by the air path being all stainless steel and high grade plastics...

I really really like the Ascent and it's ALL glass airpath, design and features, and I was nearly convinced to go for it... but I noticed it's died out and I haven't really been hearing much about it anymore, and now after checking into it I first hear that it has a plastic / rubbery taste (bad news for me) and after more research I read that it has an OFF-GASSING issue with some units (absolutely the worst possible news for a vaporizer IMO) due to the silicone seals (which is suppose to be a wonderful element due to how temperature resistant and pure it is...

So now I'm wondering about this vape mostly, how is the vapor quality with all these units and how does the Ascent compare? (I've used the Solo before but not the Pax BTW so you can compare the quality to that if it's possible) Does the Ascent still have a rubbery taste? Are people still having these off-gassing issues? How would you rank the vapor quality and purity (by your experience) between these vapes if you've tried more than one of them??

Thank you SO much

StraightChill,

nigel

Hey, I'm on the fence between a few vaporizers and I've been researching for a very very long time now and I'm down to just a few: The Arizer Solo, the Pax Ploom and the DaVinci Ascent...

So, if you are citing old/outdated issues with the Ascent, you must have been reading this thread for sometime, then surely you have seen the Solo vs Ascent or Pax vs Ascent comparisons users have made.

I'd avoid the Pax unless either the size is the number one issue, or you just plain groove on the design. Otherwise, it doesn't have specific temp control (outside of "low" medium" and "high"), it requires a lot of maintenance, smaller battery, harder to clean, tastes worse, etc.

As you point out, the Solo has been around a lot longer and has got its growing pains resolved. It is "less portable" and doesn't quite have the taste of the Ascent, but it is quite a good producer.

I've had one of my Ascents for half a year now, and its going strong. It fits readily in a pocket, and is self-contained. I use it(them) for almost 100% of my use, home or away. The flavor is fantastic, and once you learn how to use it optimally for your needs (and everyone's are different), it is efficient and a joy to use.

So either the Solo or the Ascent, and you should be really happy with either!

PS: The Ascent does NOT have "a plastic / rubbery taste". The device puts little in the way of the flavor of your flower product. That's one of the reasons to buy this vape, so, no, it does not affect the flavor. Some new units might have a "new vape smell", but a lot of vapes will. I can't recall anyone stating their "new vape smell" didn't go away after getting it out of the box (airing it out) and running a few cycles through.

Last edited:

Norcalsun

Im new to vaporizers but for portability I had to go for the Ascent. I'm afraid I'd be breaking the stems on the Solo too often. Also the temp. control on the Ascent is better, IMO. I've only used the Ascent so I can not make comparisons, but I'm very happy with it so far- going on 4wks. The odd taste went away after a couple uses and cleanings, it's a non issue with my unit. I never had any off gassing. I believe some people might get confused about seeing off gassing when the bowl hasn't been cleaned thoroughly. There is a learning curve using this as with most vaporizers I presume. I can get healthy clouds of vapor and its tastes very good. I'm still experimenting with different temps and using glass flowers, cotton and beads. Actually for small amounts, the glass jar on top works great for me. Overall I'm very satisfied.

Bulian

Hi. I just got a new ascent, one of the recently released european models with serial number 1AE1.... I'm wondering if charging indicator will stop blinking when battery is charged, 'cause mine doesn't after a couple of long charges (both more than 7 hours). Should I be worried about it?
Thanks in advance.

Bulian,

AlexT2

Hey, I'm on the fence between a few vaporizers and I've been researching for a very very long time now and I'm down to just a few: The Arizer Solo, the Pax Ploom and the DaVinci Ascent... I own a SSV that I use at the house but I really want a portable vaporizer. My main and biggest concern is health and the quality of the materials used, I want the safest possible delivery method and that is usually something that's correlated with vapor quality and how much the taste of the heaters can taint the taste of the herb.

I like the Solo because I know it most likely will NOT have any problems and the unit is surely perfected by now, though it's the biggest of these three...

I really like the Pax because of how truly portable it is but I'm concerned if the taste is tainted much by the air path being all stainless steel and high grade plastics...

I really really like the Ascent and it's ALL glass airpath, design and features, and I was nearly convinced to go for it... but I noticed it's died out and I haven't really been hearing much about it anymore, and now after checking into it I first hear that it has a plastic / rubbery taste (bad news for me) and after more research I read that it has an OFF-GASSING issue with some units (absolutely the worst possible news for a vaporizer IMO) due to the silicone seals (which is suppose to be a wonderful element due to how temperature resistant and pure it is...

So now I'm wondering about this vape mostly, how is the vapor quality with all these units and how does the Ascent compare? (I've used the Solo before but not the Pax BTW so you can compare the quality to that if it's possible) Does the Ascent still have a rubbery taste? Are people still having these off-gassing issues? How would you rank the vapor quality and purity (by your experience) between these vapes if you've tried more than one of them??

Thank you SO much

Do not forget the Pinnacle pro is very good. I would include in your list.
I have a Pax and is wonderful, the taste is very rich, who say it tastes bad you have not used.
It is easy to handle, incredibly small, and the battery lasts a long time, it recharges very quickly, and cleaning is no problem, 5 minutes are sufficient.
All my friends who tried it have fallen in love just like me.
It's my treasure jejejeje
I have a Volcano and along with Pax are the perfect couple.

Sorry for my English.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi. I just got a new ascent, one of the recently released european models with serial number 1AE1.... I'm wondering if charging indicator will stop blinking when battery is charged, 'cause mine doesn't after a couple of long charges (both more than 7 hours). Should I be worried about it?
Thanks in advance.

As long as the battery seems to last and hold a charge it should be fine. Once the battery reaches full charge and capacity when charging it won't continue to do much but stay warm (if it gets REALLY warm/ very hot then that'd be abnormal, but I'd doubt it). Perhaps the programming in their ICs have some sort of glitch that doesn't change the LED status. I would not think it should be a concern but you can wait to see what other people have to say as well.

So, if you are citing old/outdated issues with the Ascent, you must have been reading this thread for sometime, then surely you have seen the Solo vs Ascent or Pax vs Ascent comparisons users have made.

I'd avoid the Pax unless either the size is the number one issue, or you just plain groove on the design. Otherwise, it doesn't have specific temp control (outside of "low" medium" and "high"), it requires a lot of maintenance, smaller battery, harder to clean, tastes worse, etc.

As you point out, the Solo has been around a lot longer and has got its growing pains resolved. It is "less portable" and doesn't quite have the taste of the Ascent, but it is quite a good producer.

I've had one of my Ascents for half a year now, and its going strong. It fits readily in a pocket, and is self-contained. I use it(them) for almost 100% of my use, home or away. The flavor is fantastic, and once you learn how to use it optimally for your needs (and everyone's are different), it is efficient and a joy to use.

So either the Solo or the Ascent, and you should be really happy with either!

PS: The Ascent does NOT have "a plastic / rubbery taste". The device puts little in the way of the flavor of your flower product. That's one of the reasons to buy this vape, so, no, it does not affect the flavor. Some new units might have a "new vape smell", but a lot of vapes will. I can't recall anyone stating their "new vape smell" didn't go away after getting it out of the box (airing it out) and running a few cycles through.

So you guys would say that the vapor quality of the Ascent is noticeably better than the Solo?? If so, and there doesn't seem to be as many issues with it as before, I think it just may be my choice after all. I just like to see as many opinions as I can get!

Last edited:
StraightChill,

Krydolf

As long as the battery seems to last and hold a charge it should be fine. Once the battery reaches full charge and capacity when charging it won't continue to do much but stay warm (if it gets REALLY warm/ very hot then that'd be abnormal, but I'd doubt it). Perhaps the programming in their ICs have some sort of glitch that doesn't change the LED status. I would not think it should be a concern but you can wait to see what other people have to say as well.

So you guys would say that the vapor quality of the Ascent is noticeably better than the Solo?? If so, and there doesn't seem to be as many issues with it as before, I think it just may be my choice after all. I just like to see as many opinions as I can get!

Nope, I'd definitely say the vapor quality of the Solo is better. Bigger clouds and much better taste IMO. I have both, had the Solo for over a year with no problems and just love it.

The Ascent I got a few weeks ago, for it's looks and portability mainly. Did ISO and burn-off several times and have been using it about 10-15 times since I got it. Good vaporizer all in all, but it still tastes and smells "rubbery" after the first few hits when I turn the temp up to over 200c or so.

Guess the taste of the weed just covers it up in the beginning because, when I put my nose to it, the Ascent smells kinda like it tastes, "rubbery", even when it's cold. This is probably not true about all, or maybe even most, of them but mine is far from "great" tasting unfortunately. Can live with it though...

Krydolf,
Nope, I'd definitely say the vapor quality of the Solo is better. Bigger clouds and much better taste IMO. I have both, had the Solo for over a year with no problems and just love it.

The Ascent I got a few weeks ago, for it's looks and portability mainly. Did ISO and burn-off several times and have been using it about 10-15 times since I got it. Good vaporizer all in all, but it still tastes and smells "rubbery" after the first few hits when I turn the temp up to over 200c or so.

Guess the taste of the weed just covers it up in the beginning because, when I put my nose to it, the Ascent smells kinda like it tastes, "rubbery", even when it's cold. This is probably not true about all, or maybe even most, of them but mine is far from "great" tasting unfortunately. Can live with it though...

Oh daamn, that's not good! Where did you get your Ascent from though? Do you think that maybe it's just an older model?

StraightChill,

Norcalsun

The "new" taste, or "rubber" taste completely goes away after a quick break in. I've only had my unit for about a month and so far i have not had any of the problems or defects that seemed to have plagued the early units.

Deaz

I bought my Ascent and have been using it with great results for the past two weeks. Today I was using it as normal and it was at about 380F when the temp just started to drop all of a sudden and when I turned it off and back on, it would no longer heat up. Is this just a defect and could I get a replacement for it?

I bought my Ascent and have been using it with great results for the past two weeks. Today I was using it as normal and it was at about 380F when the temp just started to drop all of a sudden and when I turned it off and back on, it would no longer heat up. Is this just a defect and could I get a replacement for it?

I keep hearing about the heaters dying as well, I'm curious how often this occurs and if there are many more little defects to worry about as well (sorry Deaz that I don't have any help for you, but I am wanting to know as well about such things)

StraightChill,

firstavailable

Does it work when plugged in?

firstavailable,

nigel

I have a Pax and is wonderful, the taste is very rich, who say it tastes bad you have not used.

I remember saying that before I tried the Ascent.
:)

I'm wondering if charging indicator will stop blinking when battery is charged, 'cause mine doesn't after a couple of long charges .... Should I be worried about it?

I think that's a software bug, not from a direct polling of the battery, but a calculation. A lot of times, just plugging it back in will clear it.

Second question: No.

and much better taste IMO. I have both, had the Solo for over a year with no problems and just love it.

The Ascent I got a few weeks ago...

There are a few (2? 3? I can think of, but I'm sure more are out there) that like the flavor of the Solo better. Not to say there aren't more -- we all have our tastes. But more have spoken up here for one than the other in here the last 5 months.

I will note — by your own words — you have owned one device and practiced with it for "over a year" and the other for only a "few weeks"...

but it still tastes and smells "rubbery" after the first few hits when I turn the temp up to over 200c or so.

Some of us are more sensitive to some things. I've seen plenty of people in a room of people that have been the only one to pick up on something. I am particularly flavor-centric when it comes to my product, but that doesn't mean that I have a sensitivity that another might have.

Or... you have a unit that still needs to be broken in. Burn-in should have happened by now, but try a bit more. If you don't have a sensitivity to "rubbery" I would hope it begins to taste as good as mine....

The "new" taste, or "rubber" taste completely goes away after a quick break in. I've only had my unit for about a month and so far i have not had any of the problems or defects that seemed to have plagued the early units.

There is "new vape smell" (a lot of models out there will have it, sometimes from the packing material it's been stuck in). Then there is sensitivity to rubber or silicone. The "new vape smell" goes away. Your sensitivity doesn't. (although might diminish.)

when the temp just started to drop all of a sudden and when I turned it off and back on, it would no longer heat up. Is this just a defect and could I get a replacement for it?

So, you got the OLED responsive? What happens when you charge?

In fact, i would say that the ascent tastes even better than the solo in my opinion.

Validate my stats. :)

about the heaters dying as well

Nope. Not the heater. This was covered a few pages back. Plus, that's a different issue from what this sounds like.

Cheers all!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I enjoy and love both the Solo and the Ascent. They both have very good vapor flavor.

There is a large variety of portable vaporizers out there, many have just come out onto the market in just the past few years, in time there will be many more. We all have differences as to what we like in a vaporizer but good vapor flavor is something not all vaporizers have. The Ascent and the Solo both have excellent flavor and medicate very well

Solo has been around for a while, the Ascent just came out four months ago. Both units had a bumpy beginning with a lot of faulty units. Arizer worked with the members who had the faulty Solos and was able to fix all the problems. It's seems like the Ascent 's problems have gotten worked out, with just a few faulty units here and there now.

I was able to get so much useful information on FC , I felt confident when I bought the Solo.
With the Ascent it was a gamble when I decided to buy it, there were only beta units out there.

It was exciting when everyone was first getting their Ascents, we had all waited so long, with so much hype by Davinci. We had all these false dates when the unit would be available. Many of us had to send our units back originally in Aug. and Sept. because of various issues, it was comforting to know I wasn't alone.

I sent my Ascent back to Davinci in Oct. and had a new unit in 2 weeks. Reading on this Forum helped with my anxiety. My second unit is working great, I was having problems with learning to use the Ascent but with a little guidance, thank you all, I was able to get the hang of it.

Read through the different threads here and make your own decision as to what would be the right portable vaporizer for you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom