Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Kluz. Pax or ascent IMO. Pax has worse taste and harder to clean. Ascent little bigger and bad PR as you can read.

chester222,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I don't understand this. What is "it's[sic] vape temp"? Isn't its vape temp the temp at which it will vaporize at? Therefore it (anything) will vaporize at the temp which is its vape temp.

So you are saying a tautological statement isn't true?

@Quetzalcoatl, am I missing some subtlety here and mis-reading this?
The idea is like with water vapor; water's boiling temperature is 212F but water vapor begins to be released in small amounts far below that. So while CBD's vape temp is much higher than THC, maintaining a lower temperature of vaporization will only minimize the amount of CBD in the vapor rather than eliminate it.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
The idea is like with water vapor; water's boiling temperature is 212F but water vapor begins to be released in small amounts far below that. So while CBD's vape temp is much higher than THC, maintaining a lower temperature of vaporization will only minimize the amount of CBD in the vapor rather than eliminate it.

Ah, but I think the question was originally "how well does the displayed temp relate to the actual temp".

Please correct me if I ms-read it, but I think the original question was the former, not the latter.

EDIT: AH! I see it now. OP was indeed as I read it in the first paragraph. The original question was to the accuracy of the read-out.

I see now that @Quetzalcoatl didn't reply to that question, but rather made a statement about a specific compound (CBD). NOw I see why I didn't understand his post (from someone normally I consider spot-on). If you are talking about specific compounds (not just CBD) then that is indeed correct. But if you are talking about the device in general (not about compounds), then my statement holds.

I apologize for my misunderstanding.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
@nigel yeah haha sorry about it. Kinda hard to quote and delete almost all of the text on mobile :)

Heh... heh... No worries my brother. I know you to be on your game when you reply, so I couldn't understand why I couldn't understand your reply. I now see we were doing the "X Blind Guys and the Elephant" and responding to different parts of the post.

Cheers. :cheers:

Bulian

I asked vaposhop and was told it would be avalaible around the tenth of december. I'm awaiting too, but I'm not totally confident about its reliability and all the issues have been posted along this thread.

Cheers

Osn Dosn

Ok, cool, thx. The tenth would be fine to endow myself for xmess.

And yea not totally confident neither, but still looks like the best portable option atm

Osn Dosn,

mollee

Hi all -
Once again, I'm tempted by yet another portable vape!! /o\
This one is gorgeous & has an all-glass path, so A+, right? ;)
My questions after skimming the thread are:
1. Judging from the recent product returns, should I wait for awhile til things get ironed out?
2. Which one is the "stealth" version? The all-black Ascent?

Thanks in advance for any help! *muah*

mollee,

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Hi all -
Once again, I'm tempted by yet another portable vape!! /o\
This one is gorgeous & has an all-glass path, so A+, right? ;)
My questions after skimming the thread are:
1. Judging from the recent product returns, should I wait for awhile til things get ironed out?
2. Which one is the "stealth" version? The all-black Ascent?

Thanks in advance for any help! *muah*

If you are not in a rush, I'd hold off a bit and watch this thread. That being said, their exchange program and warranty are very good, so if you were to get a lemon, no problem to return it. When it works, it's great.

The stealth is the all black one.

mollee

If you are not in a rush, I'd hold off a bit and watch this thread. That being said, their exchange program and warranty are very good, so if you were to get a lemon, no problem to return it. When it works, it's great.

The stealth is the all black one.
Appreciate the info, RD!
Sounds like waiting a bit is a good bet (we'll see how long I last, loll!)
Looks like a beauty...

mollee,
Reactions: RD
All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community.
Mollee....just cause ur a chick doesn't mean u can not go to the da vinci website and check basic information. Second, return policy is not great for Canadians because they pay for the shipping 30$ approx. third, I'm pretty sure you're a guy. Sorry just really high on my bubbler.

Gonna buy the da vinci eventually.

chester222,

Lemon Curry?

Have Bud, Will Travel
I'll probably go for the Ascent for my next vape. Already have a desktop/at-home unit (Venus Vaporizer), and the Ascent seems like a perfect on-the-go solution.

Lemon Curry?,
Reactions: Maine420

Reflections

I received my first ascent when they did the pre-orders and had it for a few months and it worked great. I did return it though because it had cosmetic defects and said they were upgrading a few things.

I got my replacement on 10-7-13 and im still using it as my daily driver and very happy with it. I have the croc one!

vapecapz

Well after a good couple of weeks of smashing my new ascent, I'm mostly satisfied. My only complaints are the requirement of a spacer (which should be included) and the battery indicator is wierd. That being said, hitting a fresh pack at 175C (345F) is probably one of the best vaporizing experiences I've had . Or for a punch, hitting it at max temp straight away (big clouds).

I've had a few weeks with my stealth Ascent and I love it. I've used vaporizers before but this is the first vape I've owned. It seems like I get medicated immediately but not as much as when I combust. I'm sure this has more to do with my own personal habits and not the Ascent but its a little disconcerting. I still use my Ascent all the time, it definitely takes some personal getting used to / finesse to get huge vapor but once you do its worth it.

Does anyone else feel like they get less medicated with vapor / the Ascent? Again, I'm an old combuster just getting used to vaping so maybe I'm just adjusting.

Snozzberry Breath,

Lemon Curry?

Have Bud, Will Travel
^A common feeling felt by many who try vaporizing for the first time. The main cause is that people confuse the effects of inhaling smoke (tar and carbon monoxide cause some oxygen "deprivation" which results in brief dizziness) with the effects of cannabinoids.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well after a good couple of weeks of smashing my new ascent, I'm mostly satisfied. My only complaints are the requirement of a spacer (which should be included) and the battery indicator is wierd. That being said, hitting a fresh pack at 175C (345F) is probably one of the best vaporizing experiences I've had . Or for a punch, hitting it at max temp straight away (big clouds).

How much is your regular load? I've been able to get about .2g in there using the glass oil jar as a spacer. That's quite a lot for me, about three times my normal load. In other words, as far as I'm concerned it does come with a spacer. Of course I realize it might not meet everyone's needs, but I think a lot of people don't need to look further.

lwien

How much is your regular load? I've been able to get about .2g in there using the glass oil jar as a spacer. That's quite a lot for me, about three times my normal load. In other words, as far as I'm concerned it does come with a spacer. Of course I realize it might not meet everyone's needs, but I think a lot of people don't need to look further.

Totally agree. Using the glass oil jar as a spacer worked great for me.

RD

"Hawaii Home Grown"
Has anyone tried the 14mm stem with a Pinnacle hydro tube or F Bomb. I see them mentioned on the Solo thread, but haven't noticed here.

Last edited:
RD,

Smknbud

Yes
Has anyone tried the 14mm stem with a Pinnacle hydro tube or F Bomb. I see them mentioned on the Solo thread, but haven't noticed here.
I have and do. Works perfect...just wish it was tad shorter. I always worry one misstep and the stem will snap/break. It's already fragile enough on its own without inducing any type of stress.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I've tried with the Zapubbler (which is pretty much the same idea--14mm Hydratube), and it works great!

JCat,
Top Bottom