Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Man deja vu or what!? Havent checked this thread in a while and get on and all i see is people freaking out about the size. Eerily similar to the mivape

I don't see it as eerie at all. The similarity ends there. There has been no pre-sale, Da Vinci hasn't taken anyone's money, and the company is represented here by Davinci_vaporizer, who is an active and well respected member.

As to the size issue, I suppose many of those fretting about it are unfamiliar with the size of the 18650 batteries it uses. When you add electronics, a heating element, and bowl to the mix, there is a definite minimum size you can expect. I'll quote my post from the second page of this thread:

Speculation:

After thinking about it, I'm guessing that the Ascent is designed around 2 Panasonic IMR Hybrid High Drain 18650 2250mAH Li-Ion batteries. That would make it the most powerful portable on the market. It would easily be capable of handling concentrates as well as buds. They say it will be smaller than an iPhone, which to me means not much smaller than an iPhone. The iPhone is:

Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)​
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)​
Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)​
Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)​
The batteries are about 2.55 inches (65 mm) tall and two of them would weigh about 3 ounces (80 grams). They're about .73 inches (18.6 mm) in diameter so you can see that using the Panasonics you could make the Ascent slightly smaller (but probably slightly heavier) than an iPhone. I say slightly heavier because I'm guessing that the heating element and glass will weigh over an ounce (I don't think I need to say how many g to you stoners).

Zee007

That's pretty much what I was saying, IMO it's still small enough to fit in you're pocket, and I'd prefer battery life over size. At least a size that is easily portable, and this one seems like it would'nt be too bad.

D33z

Vape Newbie
I remember seeing it as well. Honestly though what gives whether or not it's convection or conduction as long as it's not combustion. The vape has already proved its outstanding performance, I'm losing sleep thinking about this damn thing....

LOL...that was damn funny!

As for portability, I'd say this device will be good to go, just maybe not as discrete as ones would like.

D33z,

xclarryx

yeah i was thinking about it, and i carry an iphone 4 around every day, everywhere i go. so sliding the ascent in my pocket and carrying it around should be comfortable, and familiar cause im so used to my iphone. shouldnt be a problem at all.

xclarryx,
Reactions: Dmayhem84

dormouse

I didn't read all the 50 pages, but I wonder:
1) How is this the "1st portable glass on glass vaporizer?" Is it more GonG than, say, the Solo?
2) How is the draw? Is it as hard as the Solo's?

dormouse,

salivape

I didn't read all the 50 pages, but I wonder:
1) How is this the "1st portable glass on glass vaporizer?" Is it more GonG than, say, the Solo?
2) How is the draw? Is it as hard as the Solo's?

The ascent has a glass lined bowl whereas the solos is stainless steel so to answer your question yes, it is more gong than the solo. Im just going from what I've read as I dont own a solo.. not for a few more weeks anyway

salivape,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The ascent has a glass lined bowl whereas the solos is stainless steel so to answer your question yes, it is more gong than the solo. Im just going from what I've read as I dont own a solo.. not for a few more weeks anyway

A Glass bowl?

The solo also have a glass bowl, the heater is ceramic covered with SS...

Are you saying the Ascent have a glass heater?

m0sh,

salivape

A Glass bowl?

The solo also have a glass bowl, the heater is ceramic covered with SS...

Are you saying the Ascent have a glass heater?

Sorry yes I mean the ascent heating chamber, or oven, is lined with glass. I understand your confusion I wasn't clear. It's all in Da Vinci's first post on the first page of this thread

salivape,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Sorry yes I mean the ascent heating chamber, or oven, is lined with glass. I understand your confusion I wasn't clear. It's all in Da Vinci's first post on the first page of this thread

Ok then...its not really a difference then...

Lets wait for this thing to hit the market :)

m0sh,
Reactions: Red Indy

salivape

Ok then...its not really a difference then...

Lets wait for this thing to hit the market :)

Well, it is a difference really if you're a proper glass freak. There is no exposed steel or ceramic anywhere, only glass. The solos steel heater is exposed is it not? Whether it makes a difference in performance or taste is yet to be seen. Being pretty new to vaping I couldn't even guess!

I'll be getting my solo soon and the ascent whenever it comes to the UK so I guess I'll just have to see for myself! :)

Wolf46

Vapor War Team Cap
Salivape, you are in my position, i'm waiting for my solo from amazon, tomorrow is the day!

Wolf46,

salivape

Hey Wolf46, you'll have yours first so let me know what you think!

You're a member at ACD aren't you? This time in 2 weeks I will be landing! One final smokeout before switching to vapour

salivape,

rufus

i'm wondering if it will be just the 3 styles we see now, Croc, Carbon & Wood....or if there will be more later ?

rufus,

MidwestBeast

recently but constantly Vaked
So when is the haiku contest going to start and when is the winner to the other contest going to be announced

Also DV I was wondering what you had in mind for a charger I think you should use the universal a smart phone charger

MidwestBeast,

bluemonkey

Product does look awesome

However
The camera man completely sucks
Should have thought that through,
everyone loves an un-boxing routine, maybe a little walk-through of the use, to cover more features
so we can get a better idea of what it's like to use.

Still very excited to see it properly just seemed a bit rushed,
though the product still shinned through!

Also any info on the design competition winner, the thread is closed with no announcement,
i know it closed on the 15th, they said they'd decide over the weekend, it's now Tuesday (in the uk) an I'm itching to find out

bluemonkey

maybe it was rushed??? if you look to the posts before the video, people were close to, if not demanding a usage video. maybe the MFG rushed the video through to calm the people down some.

ye that's fair, people can get demanding

but that must be some rush if you can't even stand still to hold a camera haha,
Can't wait

bluemonkey,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom