Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKickass

xclarryx

man i always was gonna get the carbon fiber.....but seeing that wood one it matches the inside of my 5 series like it came with the car. hmmmm decisions decisions

GreenRoom

I dig the wood too. They wanted to use real wood veneer but it kept drying and cracking.

You can go straight to YouTube and search for Da Vinci Vaporizer Interview and you'll find it.

GreenRoom,

Insanity

I just clicked on the link, and it brought up a bunch of vids, it says Davinci...super blurry and no audio, pretty much useless. Can't see anything including a USB ?

Insanity,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I think it looks more like a flask then a phone to me and it is long. I think it does need a fake cover over the glass tube to help the stealth. I know DV said from out asking that they were going to do something to keep the dust out and stuff but we will see.

GreenRoom

Ya I remember DV thanking the FC community for the idea and saying they were gonna do it. I hope so. I love telling people my DV is a satellite radio to put an end to any suspicion. Although my wife thinks it looks like a walkie talkie and I'm getting tired of her saying 'breaker breaker' every time I vap.

Dreamerr

:rofl:breaker breaker gotta vape ya. I mean as inconspicuous as the cera is someone got stopped twice already by the tsa. I wonder if they check regular eciggs.

Dreamerr,

GreenRoom

Breaker breaker what's your 420?
I haven't been following the Cera thread. Maybe it's all that ceramic that's raising flags? I mean, I've see rubber dildos and glass dildos, but never ceramic :)

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
:rofl:breaker breaker gotta vape ya. I mean as inconspicuous as the cera is someone got stopped twice already by the tsa. I wonder if they check regular eciggs.
The Cera is inconspicuous? The white is so bright it makes me feel like this when I have it in public:

iFt1hvR.jpg

rcflo

wonder if they check regular eciggs.

Buddy of mine recently reported seeing a sign at the airport security check saying no tobacco products including electronic cigarettes. He was sure happy he packed his underneath. I can say from multiple experiences that small cig style ecigs with cartomizers go unnoticed in my backpacks pens/junk pocket at security. However, I've always packed my larger mod and omi in checked baggage. I think a clean ascent would go unnoticed in an appropriate case next to razor/toiletries

Dreamerr

What I meant was it looks more like an e-cigg then some others...but yes that white is bright. I don't get why tsa messes with that stuff anyhow especially for local. Sooooooooooooo what a person has a vaporizer, it is legal in all states for aroma therapy...well maybe except PA lol. In either respect catch the people still getting that stuff that blows planes up through and stop worrying about a joint.

Zee007

man i always was gonna get the carbon fiber.....but seeing that wood one it matches the inside of my 5 series like it came with the car. hmmmm decisions decisions

It seems the 3 we've all seen advertised are just a little tease, the wood were seeing in this vid is way too different to be the same one on DV's site. It looks like this thing is going to be extremely customizable, if you look carefully in the vid at the show case on the right, there's a matte black one (which we've seen before), and one that looks like its got a white digital theme going on.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
It seems the 3 we've all seen advertised are just a little tease, the wood were seeing in this vid is way too different to be the same one on DV's site. It looks like this thing is going to be extremely customizable, if you look carefully in the vid at the show case on the right, there's a matte black one (which we've seen before), and one that looks like its got a white digital theme going on.
I doubt it would be easy to pull off, but if they could offer custom printing it would be the bee's knees. I'm thinking of something like Caseable.

nopartofme,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hola all!

I saw a few questions come up in the last few pages that I'll try to address here.

Ascent Contest: Thank you to all that entered! Drum roll please......and the winner is ADOBEWAN! Congrats! We start the build this week :) We are just making a few adjustments in the materials used and placement, but same concept.

Chargers: The current DaVinci car charger does indeed work with the Ascent. We wanted to build a USB charger, but it was a no go, something about the Ohms, watts and blowing up a computer.

Me: Yep, definitely a dudette but at the end of the day, we're all dudes right? I used to have my web "dude" posting in the DV thread, but now you guys just have me.

Cover: Yes we are still building the FC recommended dust cover.

Models: We will be releasing the Wood Ascent (not the one in the interview, which is borough wood, but like the one in the promo video) the Croc skin with silver sides and the Matte Black. I did have some extra models that we have been kicking around in the display case just to show the potential. I think the white one was snake skin print. Customization will be coming 3rd quarter!

Happy Monday!

Dreamerr

Ah I just always consider him a professional. His signature is the best one around IMO. I wish I had skills like that. Congrats Mr. Adobe.

Dreamerr,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom