Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You know NYC, now that you mention it, I think you are right.

Such a pity. But, it served you well SmokingE. I think I nice little ceremony would be nice.... where should I send the flowers? :lol:

momofthegoons,

UrutuBsb

Maconheiro
I couldnt find the information on the site, despite the checkout process showing the option for shipping to my place (South America). Can the Rockzap be shipped to outside the USA?

UrutuBsb,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I know Vito recently shipped a CRZ to Brazil. Blisssville will ship international, but I didn't see S. America on their list of "ship to" countries.

Stu,

Rick

Zapman
The word from big bird here at Zapville is that we ONLY ship to US addresses. We do not ship globally for the main reason being our US sales are keeping us very busy. We are staying on top of US sales, getting them shipped within a day or two of the order date. Global sales are another world with many barriers to a smooth experience for all parties.
Vito is one of our re-sellers. He sells to MMJ patients mainly and has been known to accommodate a person or two outside the US. That is his prerogative but we will not be servicing those customers like US customers. We do not have the cost of global shipping figured into our warranty. If there is a problem with a globally shipped Zap, the customer will have to pay all shipping expenses in both directions if we fix it. That has always been one of our concerns about global sales and points out how important having a distributor in country would be for even a chance of success with out of US sales.
Blisssville is also an official Aromazap re-seller and they do ship globally but the quoted global shipping prices at Blisssville are for MFLBs which are much lighter than the Aromazap CRZ package. The correct answer as to whether Blisssville will ship Zaps globally must come from Ariel at BV.
SmokingE........bury it, burn it, toss it, examine it, copy it, do whatever you want. I agree with NYC that it is probably too far gone to retrofit or fix. Glad to hear she earned her keep as far as you are conceerned. That is one reason why we changed the design of Aromazap to the CRZ. Zap wood should last much longer now with the wood insulated from the center SS heat mass. We want to see them around, working well for many many years.
This is a good time to mention I am now out of SS heatports that will fit an old log vape. No more retrofits or attempted retrofits to SS for the old log vape design. I will always consider a discount on a replacement CRZ if a problem comes up with an older Zap I cannot fix.

Also, a bit of confusion on the "tite kit". They DO NOT work on a new CRZ. They are ONLY for the old wood insulated, brass heatport Zaps. I'll get something on the product page about that soon. Sorry for any confusion on that subject. Besides, the new CRZs should never need a "tite kit" in the way the old traditional design log vapes do with no wood charring in the CRZ. The excessive charring, often from 13+ volts and/or other heavy use is what loosened the heatport assemblies in the old design.

Rick,

Vapemania

I have a question for Rick.

Is there scope to employ more staff on the project?
I'm thinking this will increase capacity, perhaps?

Vapemania,

Rick

Zapman
We always like questions Vapemeister, especially when we get an opportunity to clarify understanding of all things Zapville.
We are well equipped to handle more capacity with the 'staff' currently on board. We are NOT equipped to handle the hassle of Global shipping because we choose to avoid that fork in the road for us. That decision has very little to do with production capability but is a life choice.
We love to ship in the good old USA and we can ship plenty more than we are presently. If somebody in the US is willing to do some global shipping, we will sell to them, assuming they meet our customer service standards.

There is also another issue here. It is called "who am I?". Lots more money does not mean a better life in my book. No way Jose'. I have always been one who 'works to live'. I have never been a 'lives to work' person.

Thanks for the question Vapemeister.
Now I'll ask one.
Where the fuck is the UK, Canada, OZ, etc entrepreneurship?? for such a simple device?

Rick,

Vapemania

Rick said:
Thanks for the question Vapemeister.
Now I'll ask one.
Where the fuck is the UK, Canada, OZ, etc entrepreneurship?? for such a simple device?

Lol!!!
A very good question, sir!

I think the fog and red tape around marijuana regulations may have prevented some bright sparks from entering into vape manufacture.

There's also the stuffiness about marijuana use.
I think expensive pills are given to patients more than MMJ!

But you are right, we're rather lacking in the department of good vape design!
However, it's good to know you will work with re-sellers who ship abroad.
It allows more of us to appreciate your handiwork, if I may say!

Vapemania,

treecityrnd

Vapemeister said:
we're rather lacking in the department of good vape design!
Is say the CRZ is better than good, its almost a perfect vape. I can't find many negative reviews on this forum of 7th floor products (SSV, LSV, DBV). From the beta testers, the Cloud is amazing. The Supreme2, VG (glass), MFLB, EQ, Solo, etc., etc., etc. are all great IMHO and have pretty large following here on FC. There are many vapes on this forum I've never even tried (HI, UD, OCD, TV, VC, Omicron, etc., etc.) that have pretty strong following and might tend to disagree with you too. Each vape has its own place and time for use IMO. But what do I know... :rolleyes:

Sorry to all those great vapes that I forgot to list above. I love you all. It's the old "awards speech" problem; so many to thank and not enough time...and memory ;)

treecityrnd,

//////

so, i've had my zap for almost 5 months now and i'm still absolutely in love with it! i guess i'm posting to say thanks to rick again for making such a great product (and making it vegan for me!). i do have a question: is it okay to leave the charger plugged in all of the time, only unplugging the unit when i want to give it a rest or should i be unplugging the charger too?

//////,

Rick

Zapman
Happy days are here (again?). No, these days have never been here. Right now I am at 4 Gbps down speed. Been running a little over and under that since Tuesday. A new world for us out here in the boonies. Making my old feeble mind zipidy zap along too. I gotta say, this is fun. I am spoiled. We were at under 1Gbps for a long time. edit: This is a new Wild Blue product called Exede. We are in the slow "up to 5Mbps" plan because of our location. They also have a 12Mbps plan in much of the country. Starts at $60/mo. 3 plans all have the same download speed with each upgrade plan adding more bandwidth only.

Yes, thank you to VTAC for adding Ceramic Rockzap to the title of our thread. It is about time. Of course I did not ask for the change til yesterday. Very fast action. Thanks to all the mods who put in lots of their own time helping this fine forum stay on track. This is surely Vapor Info Central in the big old cloud which we all swim in daily....hourly. FC has made the world of Vapor in my opinion. Y'all shouda seen what it was like ten years ago. Vapor? WTF is that?????

//////// Glad to hear your CRZ is humming along as it should and you are happy with her. I do not think a transformer pulls much of a load when it is not plugged into a device but look at it this way(or at least I do). Why not give the transformer a rest too? Because HE was made in China and is in a black plastic case, he gets no rest? This is a crazy part of me. EveryTHING has a life of some kind. No, not as we know the word 'life' but something else that IS. Getting crazy here with the years piling on metaphysical 24/7.

Off to see the Wizard today. That would be the Wizard in my shop. The old man who now has chips and dust flying, then instantly sucked into a big bag. The guy with the old 7MP coolpix. The one mostly caught up with shipping so he can play today. No kids, no grandkids. Just Rick and Pat and the dogs. Today though I get to have much fun in the warm shop with a new batch of wood and a special tool to make it all so much fun. The proper tool needed to turn these babies does not come from a store, it must be custom made. No, I will not show it or describe it. I won't even make a funny joke about it that someone on this forum has heard....maybe two.

I'll be putting new Zaps up throughout the day. An Out on a Limb going up now........................

Rick,

cluffy

Vaker
Happy Saturday! It feels like Miss Elm has been getting slightly warmer the past few days. Maybe it's the higher quality herbs I'm giving her or maybe they worked on our power grid. I'm not complaining. Anyway, I saw this the other day and thought you might like some inspiration Rick. Especially now that you can watch streaming videos almost instantly!!!!
turning a wooden lampshade

edit: whoa, that Walnut Out on a Limb is SEXY!

cluffy,

max

Out to lunch
Glad to hear you're zipping along in Zapville now Rick. A boost in net speed can make you feel like you just upgraded to a brand new, top of the line computer.

Adding your CRZ to the title was no problem. Making the vape threads more clear and specific is always a goal.

Thanks to all the mods who put in lots of their own time helping this fine forum stay on track. This is surely Vapor Info Central in the big old cloud which we all swim in daily....hourly. FC has made the world of Vapor in my opinion. Y'all shouda seen what it was like ten years ago. Vapor? WTF is that?????
You're welcome and thanks to you and other vape innovators, as well as the dedicated vaporists here, for helping to promote vapor as the preferred method for inhalation.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vapor is preferred method of consumption all together in my book!
Hell I dream of a planet where vapor flows in swirls mixed with small occasional pockets of "clearair'.
As one walks he leans into a swirl of denser vapor for a lift.... and dips his head into a pocket of "clearair' in order to "read the instructions" on a new vaporizer.
The vapor devices would be used primarily for if one had to go into a vapor free zone (hospital, nuclear plant, etc.)
Oh.... and the word Happy.... WOULD be officially altered to "Zappy"

Vitolo,
Damn, Rick, I need to check into this new Exede. I have been with Wild Blue for a couple years now (also in the boonies over here), and I am paying $60 a month for 1 mb/sec. Of course they have not told me about their new service. Just going to let me continue paying big bucks for low speeds as long as I want, I suppose.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Rick

Zapman
TheDude
Go to a LOCAL Wild Blue dealer, do not call the 800 numbers.
Tell them the deal. If you have a wife or other you can use to start a new account, that will make it easier to change to the new service. They officially do not upgrade old customers but it can be done. Also if you are over 2 years with them already that will help.
The local guys can usually make it work but sometimes they are far and few between. This is a new product. Put in your Zip on the main website to see if you can get the 5 or the 12 plan. Cost is the same.
Having the 5Mbps now I cannot even dream what 12 would be like.

Rick,
Rick said:
TheDude
Go to a LOCAL Wild Blue dealer, do not call the 800 numbers.
Tell them the deal. If you have a wife or other you can use to start a new account, that will make it easier to change to the new service. They officially do not upgrade old customers but it can be done. Also if you are over 2 years with them already that will help.
The local guys can usually make it work but sometimes they are far and few between. This is a new product. Put in your Zip on the main website to see if you can get the 5 or the 12 plan. Cost is the same.
Having the 5Mbps now I cannot even dream what 12 would be like.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just checked their website, and it looks like it's not available yet, but they plan to roll out more service areas on March 1. I have Wild Blue through Dish, and I pay almost $70 a month for one measly little megabite per second. It has the only thing beyond dial-up that I can get here. I will keep a close eye on this.

TheDudeNextDoor,
Top Bottom