Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Biw

Rick said:
When an order is made, inventory shows the item out of stock. If for some reason the Paypal transaction does not go through, I have to manually cancel the order and show the item back in stock.
Biw, send me an Email if you want the F5. You were the first to belly up to the bar for it and even tried twice so it is yours if you want it. Sometimes we can make up for a Paypal boo boo.
I will show it out of stock til I hear from you.
I'll try to get some more up later this afternoon. I had a dream there may be a box of Zaps that I lost and they were all beauties.
Now I'll have to wake up and see if I was really dreaming.
Hey Rick I just sent you an email through the contact us section on the website. I really appreciate you allowing me to purchase that one. Thanks!

Biw,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
How many stems do you guys go through on an average day? I'm finding I use a max of maybe 0.5g/day spread out from morning to night over maybe 12-15 stems? :brow:

TwztedVaper,

PieceFrog

The smoker I drink, the player I get.
treecityrnd said:
Stunning pics Frog. Amazing on that rock. Hey, a Rock on a rock. Nice.

Thank you kindly.

Looks like we all have some nice rigs around here !

PieceFrog,

Rick

Zapman
Well, the dream of a box of beauties was just a dream but there was something pushing the dream.
Got the shop dust free room done yesterday and am ready to rip today. Duct work all done and 3 wheel buffing arbor on the old lathe. I thought I would give it a try, just playing around on an old Zap. Three different waxes(in a very hard block) are applied to the three buffing wheels, each wheel with its own individual wax. The last one is straight Carnuba wax.
These shots were taken very haphazardly with no prep work. Can you see the difference? I only buffed the top of this old unit. It got nothing but the three buffing wheels, preloaded with a little wax, in the order recommended. I think we are in for some treats as this is another world in glossy. I hope you can see here just some of what it looks like in real life.
DSCF2951.jpg

DSCF2952.jpg

These are with no finish other than wax and buff as the old Zap only had ZaPolish throughout her life.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
It is interesting to observe the migration of different terms around here. "CRZ, RockZap, insulated, AC/DC, log vape, grain patterns, and heat treated" among many others.
I want to reemind us all that the heat we are referring to is caused by the FRICTION created when a spinning piece of wood is introduced to the pressure of a cotton rag held by hand. That friction creates heat and 'seals' the finish. You get the same effect when you hold a piece of wood against a spinning buffing wheel. Actually the stationary wood against a buffing wheel is better because we can concentrate the buff where it is needed. On a spinning piece of wood the buffing is uniform all around.

So, Magic, my answer to you is the shiny finish it is ALL heat treated. I have not yet decided whether to do the actual friction heat sealed finish which includes shellac besides walnut oil and carnuba wax or just do the wax alone. If I can get the same shine with just wax, that might be the way to go. Or, maybe not?
From the great Wiki:

Shellac is a resin secreted by the female lac bug, on trees in the forests of India and Thailand. It is processed and sold as dry flakes (pictured at right), which are dissolved in ethyl alcohol to make liquid shellac, which is used as a brush-on colorant, food glaze and wood finish. Shellac functions as a tough natural primer, sanding sealant, tannin-blocker, odor-blocker, stain, and high-gloss varnish. Shellac was once used in electrical applications as it possesses good insulation qualities and it seals out moisture.

Any thoughts? Shellac surely qualifies as "organic".

Rick,

collegerower

I really like the looks of the glossy wax. I think it makes the wood pop much more than just zappolish. Ricks photo of the old zap proves it.

Now I just have to wait for the right Zap to come along.

A little bug secretion? Give me some extra on mine!

collegerower,

Vapemania

I also considered a wood finish when I got my MFLB.
It has a simple mineral oil applied to the maple.
I think I read somewhere that mineral oil and wax were not complete finishes for wood.
So the MFLB box will need to be periodically polished with mineral oil.
A bit like the zapolish, I presume.

A good heat resistant finish is polyurethane varnish.
It seems to be good against abrasion and water too.
Shellac seems to be not so resistant to water.

I would definitely consider varnishing a CRZ if I had one (owing to how accident prone I can be when vaping! Lol!)

Here is where I looked:
http://www.finewoodworking.com/pages/w00060.asp

Vapemania,

GO!!bot

TwztedElegance said:
How many stems do you guys go through on an average day? I'm finding I use a max of maybe 0.5g/day spread out from morning to night over maybe 12-15 stems? :brow:

I go through about 3 stems per session, maybe twice a day or more

It takes me 2 and a half weeks to get through a eighth(but this is also mixing in combustion lol)

GO!!bot,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I'll be honest Rick, I have no idea about any of this. I've learned everything I know about wood and wood related things from this thread. I just figured I'd ask about the friction heat sealed finish before somebody else did :D

Whatever you deem to be better, I'll roll with it. As long as it holds up to the high humidity in my area. Maybe make it a small extra charge for those who really want it? I know THCMuscle preferred it for whatever reason. Either way, I trust your judgement.

Edit* Beautiful fucking Zap Dude. Love it.

Magic9,

sublimeluvr

GO!!bot said:
It takes me 2 and a half weeks to get through a eighth(but this is also mixing in combustion lol)

Holy crap! I wish I could make an 8th last me 2 1/2 days much less 2 1/2 weeks!

sublimeluvr,
sublimeluvr said:
GO!!bot said:

Yeah, I figure an eighth would last me anywhere from 4-7 days. Maybe more with the zap. Before I got a zap, I was using between .5 to 1 gram a day. I need to see if that has gone down with the zap.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

My black locust with the BC bubbler, its been a while since these two have hung out together :cool:
reunited and it feels so good
DSC04921.jpg

click to watch^

Nycdeisel,

SOUR DIESEL

sublimeluvr said:
GO!!bot said:

Holy crap! I wish I could make an 8th last me ONE day ! :(

SOUR DIESEL,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Love the vid Deez!! After (if) I pass this evil test, I think I might have to add some glass to celebrate. It will have been earned, lol.

Edit* I haven't been keeping track of weight, but I've cut my usage roughly in half since I've been vaping exclusively.

Magic9,

Rick

Zapman
Nice vid NYC. Thanks for posting that. Dem Black Locusts are getting to be popular. Still waiting to fix your crack...........er...... fix your Black Locust with the lateral crack. Gees girl, I hope I was not too far out of line there! Zaplady may even give me a spanking!

Everything out of here from today on gets da shine, the real shine. A couple minutes with the buffing wheels and we are very nice, nicer than ever. I am definitely getting into this new, work a little more gig. Got all electrical done, including vacuum extraction on a handy switch in my room. Lots of light to help these old eyes.
Most weekend orders shipped today. Next ship day will be Wednesday.
I see I need to take some more pics and get some site work done. This time that cycle sure went fast.
Big news around here. We are dumping Hughes.net which has been consistently well under 1.0 Mbps(.5 to .7 Mbps) and will be trying the new Exede which is a new name for Wild Blue. We can only get their slow boat but it is still up to 5 Mbps(regularly over 4). That will be another world for us. We can only get Satellite internet here. No cell coverage or cable. Install tomorrow. Hey, I can even get website work done quicker!

Rick,
I feel your pain, Rick. I live in bumfuck also (which is where I like it, by the way), so I can only get satellite internet also. I've been using Wild Blue for awhile now, and it is pretty reliable. I'm not getting 5mb/sec, though.

TheDudeNextDoor,

Nycdeisel

Dude that is some pretty maple :)

Thanks guys. Honestly I loved glass before I started vaporizing. not only is the piece itself fun to use but it can smooth down the hit a lot, i find dry vaporizing much too dry. It also filters particulates though very small they may be(there is never bits and pieces of herbal material in the water, and very little residue builds up on the glass.

Rick: I know i have been slacking on getting that out to you but very soon. Its not only I that will find it hard to send away but my Ambrosia maple zap will miss it too :(
They are so good next to eachother. I know it will come back as another zap though! almost reborn if you will, except only the outer body is getting a change, so maybe more like a makeover. :p

Nycdeisel,
10FB7716-orig.jpg
E16AB4AD-orig.jpg

figured I post these to show the size of my zap... she may be small but she makes up for it in vapor and beautiful grain.... did I mention I love this thing too... I bet I have shined it up every night since I had it here.... really wanting some glass to go with this thing in the near future, but first I gotta get me a glass tootey with ss tip.... that def is on the to do list.. also bought a few bottles of essential oils for the first time the other night,might have opened the door to another spending habit.. :lol: really do love this zap btw, thanks rick for makin and letting your customers pick the one for their personality... your the man rick.. :cool:

PanicFreak,
Top Bottom