Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

lwien

mase85 said:
My only minor issue last night was removing the abv from the stem. Attempting to blow it into my abv container turned out to be a disaster! :lol:

You just been christened into the Order of the Logs. ;)

mase85 said:
I found myself taking two or three big draws, blowing the goodies out to stir / crumble and then reloading for another draw or three (until I couldn't see any visible vapor for two consecutive hits). Is this stirring necessary? Any other tips?

Thats exactly how I do it.

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I love my glass tootie also.
lwien describes using an ABV bag.. a thick muslin bag with a drawstring.
I settle in with an old jelly jar whose size I liked. I lift the top slightly, insert the stem... keeping the cover kind of on the jar with my hand, and I blow.
I also was christened with the ABV shower the first time!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

To empty it into a small container, you should use something like a bamboo skewer to remove it.

And no, you dont NEED to stir it, but everyone has their own method.

Nycdeisel,

sharkvszombie299

Thanks Rick, i just want to let you know your constant presence in this thread and your obvious commitment to customer service was one of the main reasons i chose your log vape over the others. This week or so will no doubt drag but i know its all worth it.

sharkvszombie299,

reece

mase85 said:
Also, do you have any advice for use? I found myself taking two or three big draws, blowing the goodies out to stir / crumble and then reloading for another draw or three (until I couldn't see any visible vapor for two consecutive hits). Is this stirring necessary?

I think it depends on the person. I don't stir. Every now and then I do but I never get any, or I get very little, vapor afterwards. It doesn't seem worth it (emptying, crushing, reloading) for the return.

reece,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I never stir, personally. I do a few thick hitshits. Then I take a couple longer extended hits after the 1st hits are expelled. usually by the third vaporless pull I expel totally tanned ABV of a uniform color.

Vitolo,

NiceLungs

Account Closed
Vitolo said:
I never stir, personally. I do a few thick hitshits. Then I take a couple longer extended hits after the 1st hits are expelled. usually by the third vaporless pull I expel totally tanned ABV of a uniform color.

Solid advice. # of pulls per stem can vary. I have found leafier material will get you more rips. Best way is just to wait till you get a couple of vaporless pull and blow that shit out :)

Happy weekend everyone! :peace:

NiceLungs,

Toe

@mom thanks for the welcome! I lurked for a couple days, gave it a minute or two of thought and bought myself zap.

@Rick thank you for this wonderful zap, it has exceeded my expectations in quality, beauty, and individuality. It seems to have a personality of its own already! Also, the crack is really cool!

@Vito I couldn't help but to think of your video where you said it was like sipping a vapor cocktail haha.

This thing is gorgeous. I rubbed a little more than half of the lavender zapolish tin into when it arrived, it was nearly dripping with beeswax! Today it shines almost with an aura! I also rubbed a dab into the leather bottom. I will definitely be ordering more of that amazing stuff. I'm wondering if I should name my zap?

Took me 5 or 6 stems to get my technique down. Once my lungs and mouth figured out how to hit it right, I was able to get tasty hits. I'm loving this type of high vs my normal pipesmoke high, cleaner and happier.

As Rick mentioned, I emailed him about the wood selection as well as a couple of other things. His responses were always fast and professional, and long story short, Rick is a rock star.

More pics coming Monday..

Toe,

mase85

Thanks for the tips, all! I can't believe the hits I'm getting from this awesome little gal; I love being able to see so much vapor travelling up the glass stem.

Toe: I'm going to have to try that zapolish ASAP! I figured I wouldn't bother waxing for a few weeks, but after your endorsement, I may go wax it now!

mase85,

Toe

mase85 said:
Toe: I'm going to have to try that zapolish ASAP! I figured I wouldn't bother waxing for a few weeks, but after your endorsement, I may go wax it now!

Do it! I was careful with the stuff at first, using a real small amount. Eventually I just coated the entire zap with a 500?m layer and left it plugged in for a few hours. Came back and it had soaked it all in except a few thin streaks of wax, rubbed those in and my Zap was literally sparkling.

Toe,

rotax

Zaporist
Finally got around to trying to "wrap" or "koozie" my Zap, just to give it a shot and see what all the talk was about, and to try something different.
I found a suggestion from the PD thread and tried it. I wrapped my Zap with an ACE bandage I happen to have laying around.
I've got a couple uses on it and I believe I can feel and tell a difference, but it could be all in the head...who knows.

I've also recently found a use for my bubbler (that has not gotten any use since I learned of vaping a couple years ago). It helps a lot for the 1st hit of a fresh bowl.

Couple pics just because...
bmJq1.jpg

TU73H.jpg

rotax,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
:( Your zap looks sick.

I've wrapped mine, and it sure as hell works, because unwrapped it's just not hot enough. I was thinking some sort of thick rubbery plastic would be perfect. Because what's the point of having a beautiful piece like a zap if you have to wrap it up?

Orestes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, it's such a pleasure having you here on this forum. It's always fun to come on and see what new vid you've done for us. This one is another keeper. Very informative and it was fun watching you catch a buzz. ;) It's great having such a well versed and knowledgeable "ambassador" in vaping.

momofthegoons,

sharkvszombie299

Figures my Extreme Q breaks right as i order my Zap. My MFLB just doesnt do it for me when it comes to heavy use cause i need new batteries. I hate combustion now. nasty.:mad:

sharkvszombie299,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sharkvszombie299 said:
Figures my Extreme Q breaks right as i order my Zap. My MFLB just doesnt do it for me when it comes to heavy use cause i need new batteries. I hate combustion now. nasty.:mad:
Don't waste any time worrying. Get on the horn with Airizer to find out about warranty OR cost of repair, if it matters to you.
Karma has intervened here, and left you with your MFLB, and you were guided to order a ZAP. Some think things happen for a reason.
The Zap won't be much longer. We wait with you!
In the meanwhile, maybe you can rig your Q to get by.. or learn to love the MFLB, until your Zap gets to it's new home.

Vitolo,

Rick

Zapman
Just sent this to one customer and thought it would be a good idea to post it here too.

Going to be a slight delay getting yours and some others out. Hopefully all Zaps out by Thursday for a Saturday arrival. We had some non Zap emergency work to get done that took a couple days away from Zapville.
Thanks for your patience. We will send shipping info the day we ship.

Thanks for that great video Vito. Looked like you were having lotsa fun with more to come when the shooting was over!

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
sharkvszombie299, using your LB will help you master some of the technique that is used with the Zap. The draw on the Zap can take patience; it's not a "heavy hitter" in the sense that some vapes are. With the more restricted air flow, it can take a while to master those big hits with the Zap. Using the LB will be good practice. If your batteries are shot, get some inexpensive rechargeables (like Energizer) to hold you over. And the wait wont be much longer. When you consider Rick's turn around time of about a week from order, it's really no longer than ordering from an online vendor that ships from stock. And Rick is making this for you, not just grabbing something off a shelf. Hang in there. ;)

momofthegoons,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Rick said:
Looked like you were having lotsa fun with more to come when the shooting was over!
I was having too much fun!... After I shut the camera, I sat there, and forgot to clear the stems.. for a good while.. and the fun commenced again! :brow:
Oh and mom.. I look forward to your posts too. you carry a positive energy!

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you Vito. I try to keep it positive in the hopes that that is what I attract. My feeling is that negative begets negative. Best to keep the flow positive! :D

And speaking of positive flow, I "fired up" my original Zap today; the one with the "mom" picture in it. She's one of the original designs, still running strong on the original wall transformer. I found myself having many fond memories while using it. Good times.

momofthegoons,

sharkvszombie299

its hard but ill survive :D it has been nice having some quality time with the LB since its normally just my in the car vape. i think this is also gonna finally push me to get the power adapter as well.

sharkvszombie299,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vitolo said:
momofthegoons said:
.. My feeling is that negative begets negative.
I agree.. and... Positive Begets Positive!

Vito, I've actually seen this already. It's very moving. I understand the part that SL filled in your life. When I was in treatment for Hep C, I was on a Hep forum. It helped me immensely. I think that SL takes that to the next level. I also had the notion to contact you regarding advice on my neurotic dog. :lol: Maybe we can add him to the park. He could use the socialization. :)

So nice that Rick doesn't mind us getting philosophical once in a while.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom