Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Rick said:
Here's to all the very hard working hard rock miners working every day a mile or more underground. Jim was retired so no accident but he left us way too early.

Ballsy people for sure. Sorry about the loss of your friend, I am just glad to hear it was after he had retired and not during a work shift disaster.

aesthyrian,

SmokingElectricity

Hey Rick.

How can i purchase a tightening kit from you if i cannot use paypal at the moment.

[I'm never selling shit on ebay overseas again]

SmokingElectricity,

Rick

Zapman
Mafia
Thanks for taking the leap. We will do our best to make you happy with a Zap delivered in about a week. I am assuming you told me somewhere you are from FC? We got a big flood here at the Zapville Depot over the last few days so please be sure to let me know you are from FC. I will from here on also give a choice on that one. Free plug kit OR extra vapor stem for mentioning FC
Smoking, send me your address and I will figure something out.
This brings up an issue you all need to be aware of. There are very few FC screen names that we can match with a real name automatically. We don't even try anymore as there are just too many orders and often not from an FC person so we waste a bunch of time trying to figure who is who. Just be sure to add that info in the Paypal "notes to seller" section at the end of the process or in a separate Email to us when you order.

Just finished the first two days since early fall with no fire in the wood heater. Had to start one this morning though. Only wood heat for close to forty years and we have never gone this late in the year needing a fire. Going to be another goofy year for us, weather-wise.

Rick,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Got my zap today-- Brilliant! It's so nice and dark, and the tiger stripes are almost luminescent; the finish is so nice.

I'm getting used to it; the chamber is small but this thing is crazy efficient. I tap out a cached bowl, and there is no black (char), but the herb is just totally used up. All trichromes exploded in to vapor.
Going to buy a nice wooden stem from Ed's TNT. Kabo rosewood might look nice with this dark shade of walnut.

but the thing works... sooo well. I still like my launch box for portable use, but it becomes irrelevant as soon as I get home. The zap is just the perfect home unit.

Will post pictures later.

thanks rick!

Orestes,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Now that's what I'm talking about NYC! :cool: It has a real nice grain to it. I'm sensing a bit of Zap love from your direction.....

Congratulations on your new Zap Orestes. So glad you are enjoying it. Hope to see a pic from you soon too.

momofthegoons,
Got My Myrtlezap yesterday. Been enjoying it all day. Finally have gotten the packing down and I am getting killer hits. Might post a picture, looks like nycdeisel's zap. Thanks rick, I emailed you about it, and got the third stem :)

Mafia Miles,

Nebera

Vaporizer Enthusiast
My leather bottom is coming off around the edges, what should I use to bond the leather back to the wood?

About the stems. I pretty much clean at least one every day. As has been stated before, a dirty stem does not perform as well as a clean one, and they gunk up pretty quick. I have a couple mini travel shampoo containers that I put just enough 99% isopropyl (99% is key to a quick clean) to cover the brass on the stem. You can let it soak it in there, or put a pinch of salt in and shake it, or both. This method is very efficient; Ive only spent 2 bucks on iso in the past 4 months and I still have 1 of 2 bottles left. I throw the used iso into a gallon ziplock once it turns dark brown (takes a while), not sure what Ill do with that once it fills up though... :rolleyes:

Also Rick, I have to give you props on the replacement plugs. It fixes the only problem with this type of vape. Ive had to fix both my plugs, and Ive found that the wires will eventually be pulled out of the replacement plug, so I wrapped some electrical tape around the end of the wire and the plug, so when the cord is pulled the force is transfered to the plug, not those poor little copper wires :lol:

Ive considered making the cord a bit longer, by splicing in 3 feet of cord at the end of the normal wire, then the plug. Anyone tried this?

My Zap has been seeing some hard use lately. When I take it to friends houses, I keep it plugged in with the car charger, and it just posts up in the cup holder in the back. I keep it inside of a beer cozy when it travels, to protect the wood. This keeps it always warm and ready to use. Its perfect for a couple people, just give everyone their own stem so they can reload their bowl at their own leisure and we just pass the Zap around.

Nebera,

Rick

Zapman
Nebera
Good old Elmers white(wood) glue is what we use to attach the leather bottom. Keeping your stems clean is mui bueno. They do clog gradually over time. Clean stems equals good airflow required to produce good vapor.
Those little plugs are lifesavers. The electrical tape will help keep that little wire where it is supposed to be. They make that tape in all kinds of colors
Last of last weeks big bang goes out today. Latest ones are shipping right at a week from order date. We will be back to all orders DELIVERED in a week or less after today.
So, NYC, you don't remember if you used the Tooty? Hmmmmm?
Orestes, glad you are happy. The beauty in the walnuts is tough to capture in a pic.

Rick,

SleepyHead

Been awhile since I checked in on this forum :)
Hope everyone is doing well and staying vaked. Rick I shot you an email last week, wasn't sure if it got to you or not. Thanks :)

SleepyHead,

Orestes

Magus Septimus
Had some plug problems; inconsistent and low temps, but I emailed rick and he responded instantly. Five minutes later i switched out the plug with the free plug kit, and now it's performing brilliantly. Absolutely excellent. I may have to pick up a car adapter so I can take it places without it cooling down :)

And I love the glass tooty, by the way. It's a tighter draw and a bigger bowl than the standard stems, so you get more vapor and more hits. Brilliant.

Orestes,

SmokingElectricity

nothing like a fresh cleaned tube and my MZ to start the weekend off right... :ko:

dscn0385m.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

TerrorTurkey

Smoking, i like your mini bong. where did you get it from? ive been looking for something like that for my zap.

TerrorTurkey,

SmokingElectricity

TerrorTurkey said:
Smoking, i like your mini bong. where did you get it from? ive been looking for something like that for my zap.

i got mine last year off another FC member...

you used to be able to buy these [Soul Shine Family Glass] off etsy, but it seemed they ventured out on their own and made their own site, although it down right now.

this will probably be my next glass investment. perfect for the MZ.

http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/online_headshop/ehle-bongs-250ml.cfm

SmokingElectricity,

TerrorTurkey

ahh, ok thanks. i saw these SSFG Beakers, but i wasnt sure if yours was the same.
i tried emailing SSFG Ray thru facebook but he hasnt responded.

i like the beaker style better, but i have been looking at the EHLE 100ml, and will likely go with that if the SSFG glass site isnt up when i get back from vacation.

edit: if anyone has any other suggestions for a glass mini bong for zap, i would love to hear them.

TerrorTurkey,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Nycdeisel said:
HVY brand tubes. ALT has quite a few of them right now. SYN is good too!

I have a HVY tube and it is bulletproof (darned near) I picked mine up at my local head shop though for about $50. One of the best $50 I have spent in a long time.

But back to my original thought.. :D I just came in here to say that you dont always realize HOW important your Zap is until the war department unplugs it and stuffs it in a closet, then forcing you to have to run an extension cord outdoors (to the shed) in order to fire up the SSV or have to use the MFLB outdoors as well.

There is something to be said about on demand, and the comfort of your normal routine. Having to break routine and start to go outside again just sketches me out a little too much now... :/

Viva la Zap!

AGBeer,

TerrorTurkey

Thanks guys! I did look through all the glass on ALT, but most of it is out of my price range. and when i finally found one i like, within my price range..of course..out of stock. :lol: :rolleyes: so the search continues.

TerrorTurkey,

Nycdeisel

why would you want that? its not even GonG and its the only one you like?
:lol:

and just keep watch, they could get more of it soon or something else you like.

Nycdeisel,

TerrorTurkey

i like the beaker bottom, and the bent neck, also i kinda like the orange. it was the only one on ALT i liked in my price range.

i really want one of those mini beakers from SSFG (with a bent neck if possible). but SSFG seems to be MIA, since etsy stopped selling bongs. does anyone know an email address to get ahold of them?

TerrorTurkey,
Hey everyone, im sorry if this has been asked before (i don't think it has) but when the myrtlezap is shipped, does it arive in a box marked with aromazap or myrtlezap? Does it say anything about vaporizer on it? I just got back from college for the summer and am staying with my parents right now who are very anti pot, and i was really interested in ordering one...

vaporizin_swimmer,
Top Bottom