Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
lwien said:
BluntMonger said:
... i broke my tooty last night i should have just left it alone but i wanted to clean my toot and I couldn't get the tip out now im still not sure of why it was stuck because my friend had put it in .....

Not gonna even go there......... :cool:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

pinoy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Empherio, I think you are experiencing a three fold problem. One is the draw technique, which has been explained above and just takes practice. And, as I've said before, this kind of practice is fun! :brow:

While using med grade herb is optimum for this style vape, you can still get good effects with mids, it just takes more. But the biggest "problem" you are facing, IMO, is that you are used to higher temp effects of smoking which the LB and your VG will get closer to. My advice would be to "surrender" yourself to vaping for at least a week straight, using only your Zap. Let yourself adjust to the difference in high and the difference in vaping temp of the Zap. Also fool around with maybe adding a little kief to the tip of your stem pack which will increase the "clouds" and duration of a stem full.

And one note on only getting one "good" hit from your stem full. Often, it feels and tastes like there is no vapor, but if the hit is exhaled into the proper light, you will be amazed to see that you actually did get a good hit. I have had this same thing happen with the LB, especially prior to the PA. So I guess my final advice on this is practice, practice, practice! :D

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
Hey Blunt
Drop me an Email and I will send you another Tooty. Anyone who broke their toot while trying to clean it after a friend put the tip in their toot and the tip was too hard to get out...........well anyway, we have been known to replace them. Did the glass break right at the inside dimple?
Sometimes I get a bit carried away when I do the final sizing of the Tooty tips before shipping. I always give them a slight squeeze across the axis at the back of the tip so they will fit the Tooty with some interference and stay in the glass stem as they should. Too heavy on the squeeze and the tip fits a little tighter than desirable.
OMG, did I get you going lwein? so early in the morning too?

There is a learning curve with log vapes. If we had not persevered in January 2001 with my new Eterra on that same learning curve, Aromazap would never have happened.

Rick,
Ohhhhhhh the waiting is the hardest part! Reminds me of a song. I sure gotta remember to be careful with my tootie, you all cracked me up!

plantgranny,

SmokingElectricity

a metal wand pick is your friend. :D

this comes in very handy. if you clean it out while the tip is still hot, you can get most of the residue off the screen, thus needing to remove the tip alot less often. only for reclaim.

SmokingElectricity,

BluntMonger

SmokingElectricity said:
a metal wand pick is your friend. :D

this comes in very handy. if you clean it out while the tip is still hot, you can get most of the residue off the screen, thus needing to remove the tip alot less often. only for reclaim.

I still have my pick from my ssv so ill start using that xD just going to have to be careful would hate to see that clasp holding the screen to give out on the generic stems the plastic ones i mean..

Rick I emailed the address you have listed here on FC labled it Broken tooty or something along thouse lines. and thanks a ton almost cried when it broke because i had been trying to remove the tip for at least 20minutes

BluntMonger,

Nycdeisel

SmokingElectricity beat me to it! I dont know what I would do without that little marble pick that came with my DBV. Im actually going to order some more because they are so handy (not to mention that the marble is bending off the one I have now) and if I let go of my DBV it should have one of those to go with it(especially since mine has a mod to hold that tool specifically hahahah)

With this tool I am ALWAYS able to completely clear my PD stem, and then I just blow through it after all of the material is emptied to get those smaller particles in the screen loose.
note: I dont really poke and prod at the screen, I try not to fuck with it too much, I just gently remove any clumps of AVB that are stuck to the screen and empty it.

Nycdeisel,

reece

I'm not sure what you guys are/aren't doing. I have never needed to use a pick to clear the stem tip. If you completely finish the bowl, it all blows out quite easily. Be careful with those metal picks. I fear you'll damage the screen eventually.

reece,

Gunky

With the stem in my mouth, I click my tongue from palate downward - like saying 'tuh!' - but without exhaling. Just a quick impulse from the tongue. All the abv shoots out cleanly into a cloth bag. I soak in iso now and then. I never use picks.

Gunky,

BluntMonger

well ive tried only filling it half way or what looks like half way best i can and then ill get a great hit the first time a maybe a second or third hit thats half way as cloudy then i have to break out a light and i get one more hit. but mine feels tight to draw the air though when i get it half way filled or higher.

BluntMonger,

SmokingElectricity

i keep my abv in a mason jar. don't wanna take a chance making a big mess, so the pick works well for me. screens last along time, if your gentle should be no problems damaging the screen. also i like to vape kief in my MZ, so a pick is even more essential to me.

SmokingElectricity,

steiner666

Serial vapist
BluntMonger said:
... i broke my tooty last night i should have just left it alone but i wanted to clean my toot and I couldn't get the tip out now im still not sure of why it was stuck because my friend had put it in .....

lol there's not really a wrong way to put it in, except backwards maybe. either way, the instructions werent very complicated, think they even said the tip can't be put in too far.

and why would you not just soak it in iso to clean it?

steiner666,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Blunt, I'm wondering if your grind is too fine. The times that I feel that tightness in the draw is when that happens or when I've packed the stem too full and tight. Remember too that there is less air flow with this type vape than with others. Normally, the first hit will be the biggest cloud with it diminishing with subsequent hits. Every now and then, you'll get a "magic" stem full that lasts longer though. :lol:

Be careful with those picks to clean your stems folks! Even when you are careful, it's real easy to poke that screen right out. If you are using kief, it will clog up the screen faster. My recommendation would be to clean the stem right after using kief so that there isn't an accumulation of "goo" in the stem tip. It seems like when an accumulation starts, the stem stops clearing properly by just blowing. It also makes it harder to clean by soaking. Cleaning more often, before a build up starts, seems to be a good preventative measure.

momofthegoons,

reece

SmokingElectricity said:
i keep my abv in a mason jar. don't wanna take a chance making a big mess, so the pick works well for me. screens last along time, if your gentle should be no problems damaging the screen. also i like to vape kief in my MZ, so a pick is even more essential to me.

Yeah, blowing it out in a mason jar could get messy. Maybe tapping it like a dugout batty would work for that.
I also vape kief in my Zap. I've never needed a pick.

reece,

SmokingElectricity

idk how one could put a tip in backwards. one end is longer and has the clip, the other is shorter and has the screen...

though anything is possible when stoners are involved :ko:

SmokingElectricity,

hereatlast

I agree with reece, Gunky and momofthegoons re: not using a pick. I too noticed that blowing out a stem (with that "pfff" action) can create a mess when emptying into a large jar as well...my solution is the following: I now use a water-bottle and have drilled a hole that allows the tip of the stem to fit snugly into the cap (so that the metal tip is inserted into the bottle leaving the stem itself exposed) and then expel the stem's worth. Not sure if that explanation is useful, I can edit this post with a picture if not.

hereatlast,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: It's a little funny. We all had this conversation a few pages back. Rick will come on any time now and say he uses an empty bottle. :lol: I use mason jars. I keep the regs separated from the good. (Hah....that Offspring song, "Keep Em Separated" just came into my mind) In an attempt not to have an ABV baptismal, I blow the stem out towards the side of the jar. I have several jars and if they get too full, dump them into a larger one until I decide I have enough ABV to make edibles.

momofthegoons,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
BluntMonger said:
well ive tried only filling it half way or what looks like half way best i can and then ill get a great hit the first time a maybe a second or third hit thats half way as cloudy then i have to break out a light and i get one more hit. but mine feels tight to draw the air though when i get it half way filled or higher.

This is what I do with my WDZ and DBV. Works perfect.

aesthyrian,

Rick

Zapman
So folks, use a bottle with a neck that just fits the stem(tip or handle). Then you get no blow by. Did I hear that???????
Read Tooty tip info on the tips. The end(longer from the crimp) that goes in to the Tooty insert is oblong, not perfectly round, as is the end that goes in the Zap heatport tube. We do that to make the tip fit the Tooty insert tightly. That fit can be adjusted by the squeeze on the back of the stem tip.
Read the paperwork.
Geeeez Mom, you act like you just been to the dentist and got summa those special meds. All those smileys and all.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Very cool onox. Nice pic to wake up to! :D

:lol: Indeed Rick! Wasn't smiling for long....out cold is more like it! :p

momofthegoons,

karazi

I used to bike race, so at every race they'd give out pins to pin your number to your jersey. This led to a collection of a few hundred safety pins. Long story short, I've been using safety pins for over 5 years to scrape and poke out my ABV. I don't recommend this practice to the clumsy, or to the heavy handed of us, but to me it is the most effective, least frustrating, and clean method to remove burnt popcorn from stems.

I simply scrape around the outside to free the big chunk, and then proceed to very lightly poke into most of the small screen holes that I see are clogged to free the matter, then forcefully blow air through either end of the stem. Just sharing my favorite method that I've been using for years without ever breaking a stem screen.

Edit: FYI I have only used this method on Rick's plastic stems produced over 5 years ago, so I cannot account for changes in design or aftermarket stems.

karazi,

Earths Essence

Are Cherry Zap's noticeably cooler in temperature compared to Cherry PD's?

I own a Cherry PD and used a Cherry Zap and it seems significantly cooler in temperature compared to the PD.

Earths Essence,
Top Bottom