Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
Any orders due Today or tomorrow(Sat) have been shipped and notified. Next ones out tomorrow for an expected Monday arrival. You will be notified tomorrow late if you are in that batch. A couple of you have already been privately Emailed about tomorrows shipment.
If in doubt, Email me and I will let you know where you are at for expected shipping.
edit for:
BTW, you cannot go by Agents order and arrival date. He was bumped up in line due to a production screw up on my part. I had a Zap that had to match an order and his order was the first to match.
Generally figure a week from order to us shipping and you will be safe. Sometimes we beat that.

Rick,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
My Zap has arrived! Pictures DO NOT do this work of art justice, my expectations have just been blown out of the water. I went with The Best Deal Going - myrtle wood - no LED - tooty w/o carb. Attached to the vape was a note from Zaplady reading: Thought this was a chaotic pattern for the "Agent of Chaos." and she couldn't be more correct...Zaplady I'm truly in love with it, thanks so much! @ Rick, you are a talented craftsman, it's exactly what I was hoping for:

img0982ix.jpg

img0983p.jpg

img0984jn.jpg

img0985xs.jpg

img0986mf.jpg

img0987t.jpg

img0988g.jpg

AgentofChaos,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow!!! That is one funky piece of wood. Lovely :cool: Really lovely! Congrats!

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Alright Agent!! :lol: Now that's what I'm talking about. Zaplady's got it right; it's a perfect Zap for you. Hope you have many hours of enjoyment.

momofthegoons,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
Thanks everybody, it's great joining the Zap community. Getting to know it has been fantastic so far, I've never used a "log" style vape before so this is all new to me. As of now my preferred method is definitely with the tooty, although I get a few good rips out of my Luke Wilson bub. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I never thought I would get medicated off such a small amount...3 stems is less than a typical LB load for me. Saving my AVB is going to take a little longer now! :D

AgentofChaos,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It might take a little longer to save up that ABV Agent, but your ABV will still have some goodies left in it. If I recall, you used to use a SSV, right? Even with the LB, I find that my ABV comes out darker than with the Zap. So, if you plan to make some form of edible with it, it will pack a little more punch. :brow:

Glad to have you as another Zapolino!

momofthegoons,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
WOW,,,, wood is beautiful,,, and thats the ONLY one like that,,, enjoy!

medme,

dowork

Hey fellow Zappers, just got my claro walnut in today SUPER excited. I snapped some photos with my phone, Ill put up some better ones later when I round up my camera. Its heating up and I feel like this waiting period is even worse than waiting for it coming in the mail :o I guess thats all for now Ill post an update later after experimentation has begun :)

zap2.jpg

zap1.jpg

edit: almost forgot, much thanks to rick and co for hooking me up with an awesome product

dowork,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I've had my zap for over a week now. It's a claro that looks a lot like dowork's, very pretty with some nice figuring on one side. I keep it on 24X7 and my non-smoking, non-approving spouse thinks it is a really cool scented oil diffuser (and indeed it is).

My vape experience has been limited to the vg (aluminium bat) and the mflb (w/pa). Given that with both of these devices, combustion is more than a little likely and consequently, I am used to higher temp vaping. This is where the zap leaves me wanting. I work out the equation like this-
1 mflb trench = 3 stems for zap.

Typically, with the so-so weed available in my prohibition state, that one mflb trench can yeild about a dozen healthy hits and leave one in a pleasantly stoned state. The abv from my typical mflb session is dark brown and I usually toss it (yeah, yeah, I know).

Now, taking that same amount of herb and using the zap I get three relatively full stems. The first hit is very nice and tasty (better than the mflb), but the second hit? Meh. Third hit, forget about it- I suck till I'm puckered and for naught. So I dump it out, but that shit is still green and not even close to spent. It seems that either A. I am cooling the zap with successive hits, thus pushing it to a sub-vaping temp. or B. My zap does not get hot enough to thoroughly vape a stem, only getting the lower temp type hits, which are admitedly great but not the type of usage efficiency I was hoping for (a beer coozy hasn't made any noticeable difference).

At this point, I've been blowing the duff from the zap into the mflb and revaping it till it's done and I am toasty. Needless to say, the zap is not really necessary in this little circle. With the long history of raves for log vapes, I am sure that my technique must be faulty in some way. I use a relatively fine grind, the same as for the mflb. I pack loosely enough to allow a decent airflow. I've tried waiting 5 min between hits to allow heat buildup. Still, only the first hit is a winner and the herb is never spent. Do I need a 13.5 pa?

I should also note that I smoke about 30% of the time. My protopipe and model 419 are beautiful and a pure pleasure to use. I find the efficiency to be roughly equal with the mflb and the proto. The 419 smokes quicker, but damn it is good.

Empherio,

Rick

Zapman
Empherio
Too fine a grind and/or too tight a pack is my guess.
I have had bowls like that and it usually is when I am down to the very fine stuff and fill the stem tip too full. No matter how loose you pack a stem tip with relatively finely ground herb, it will draw hard, doing OK at first but then not much as the hot air does not flow through the load properly. Another thing is to only fill the stem tip a little bit, 1/2 to 1/4 full to start. I make those stem tips bigger than they really need to be and have often thought folks probably fill the tip too full for the best use.
Bottom line is we have dealt with the same experience in the past a few times but we can always make good thick vapor from a working unit.
If there is a bad electrical connection or an unusually dense piece of wood, that is another story.
Try a coarser grind, barely packed with the tip half or less full. Very dry is best.
I am always amazed at the pulls I get from an old bounced on concrete daily Zap.
Medicine quality also affects how different vapes 'work'. If something lower in THC is vaped at a mid vape temp range(Zap range), not much will come out, compared to a higher quality herb. If lower quality herb is vaped at a higher vape temperature, the CBDs and CBNs will be utilized more effectively and 'effect' noticed more.

Rick,

Gunky

+1 on what Rick said. Also try playing around with how you draw. If you do slow, small puffs into your mouth, the hot air coming off the metal core hovers over the herb for a bit and gets it good and cooked. The unit will also get a little bit hotter over the course of three or four weeks of continuous use, maybe because the wood dries a bit and becomes a better insulator?

Gunky,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
Thanks for the sound advice, Rick. Your responsiveness on this excellent forum is a big reason why I chose a Zap in the first place. I will try your suggested techniques at first opportunity (oh, about 3 hours from .. now!)

Empherio,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Another thing you can do is get a sock or beer coozie and slip it on the Zap before you start vaping. This will help bring the temp up a bit (while still keeping you on the 12v).

I have suggested this to my buddy who just got a Zap and was less than mesmerized. Once they did that :ko:

AGBeer,

BluntMonger

Well have had my zap for almost two weeks I got so caught up in it and doing stuff at home I totally forgot to write any in -_- anyhow mines a cherry no led and i got the tooty with a carb which i loved to death I think only once or twice the carb was annoying but i used it a lot because I liked the fact i could just do a few combo hits near the end of the stems and still get regular amounts of vapor. but the bad thing is i broke my tooty last night i should have just left it alone but i wanted to clean my toot and I couldn't get the tip out now im still not sure of why it was stuck because my friend had put it in while i was reading the directions =/ but anyhow make a long story short the glass around the inner stem broke off and now its not usable i really loved it =p soon as i get some more funds saved up ill order another tooty I really love my zap though its great. I think after rereading your directions on the tooty tips Rick that my friend may have pushed it in too far or something because I couldn't even rotate it or get it to budge and i mean it broke for a reason i went from using my fingers to trying with my teeth gently, then i moved on to needle nose pliers and i mean i was trying to be easy but then i crimped the tip and i was like shit shit shit so i started trying to straighten tip to make it round again and thats when the glass shattered lol pissed me off almost threw it in anger but then it dawned on me it was glass lol at least i didn't get cut and I have those other two plastic stems.

BluntMonger,

lwien

BluntMonger said:
... i broke my tooty last night i should have just left it alone but i wanted to clean my toot and I couldn't get the tip out now im still not sure of why it was stuck because my friend had put it in .....

Not gonna even go there......... :cool:

lwien,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
momofthegoons said:
It might take a little longer to save up that ABV Agent, but your ABV will still have some goodies left in it. If I recall, you used to use a SSV, right? Even with the LB, I find that my ABV comes out darker than with the Zap. So, if you plan to make some form of edible with it, it will pack a little more punch. :brow:

Glad to have you as another Zapolino!
Thanks Mom and good memory, I'm used to acquiring a lot of ABV in such a short amount of time becuase the SSV blows through herb so fast. Im looking forward to my next tincture!

AgentofChaos,
Top Bottom