Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

JDsupre i think i remember rik sayin cherry little warmer, perhaps 5-11 degrees warmer, tho he said u can adjust stem pak & draw to change temp also. & beer cozy on my myrtle zap seems to raise emp about 5-11 degrees so it helps?

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Rick said:
Popped open my last slab of 'old wood' Myrtlewood yesterday(stored 40 years at least). This was the lighter of the two slabs but has lots of darker shades and very unique grain swirls throughout. These are the first two blocks turned from the same stick, or 'slice' of the slab. We should get somewhere between 50-60 Zaps from this slab.
Yes, the one on the right is gone but there will be plenty more like it.
http://i872.photobucket.com/albums/ab282/myrtlezap/newwoodmyrts003.jpg

The one on the right is awesome!

Update:
I've had my Myrtlewood Zap now for about 10 months. I also have a Launch Box and a Vapor Genie.

Of the 3 the MyrtleZap gives the biggest hits by far without ever burning the goods. The VG and LB are both great units for portable use with the LB being my favorite for carrying if I need to go portable. And the VG is great for hash , especially if you also want to lean towards combustion or even go full combustion (which, if you're gonna do hash, you may as well do, imho!).

My Zap ran a little cool for the first month or so and then warmed up a bit more so it gives just the right hit for most purposes.

But if I want a really heavy hit I wrap the Zap with a towel for 15 min or so, then hit it. And after I remove the towel it still holds more heat for awhile. I used to have a wool sock that was perfect for a bit more heat, but it disappeared and I have been too lazy to find another one to cut so it fits perfectly over my MZ.

I haven't tried the glass tubes yet - they look great - but I do use a piece of medical grade tubing attached to my stems for a bit cooler hit. I have a bong and attachment that works fantastic but since I am a light user and my wife isn't into it, I usually keep the bong put away and so the tubing works fine for my 3-4 hits per evening. And it's not that the MZ hits hot, it's just that I have throat issues so for me the cooler, the better.

Rick makes a great product and backs it up with great customer service and his pieces are artistic as well as functional and super efficient. What more can you ask for in a vaporizer? And you can leave it sitting there on your desk and no one knows what it is.

MoeOnTheMoon,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, I've had to pull the trigger on one of the screen replacement kits. Not being one to ever listen to advice, I poked at my stem screen to remove a little bit of herb with a toothpick. Big mistake. I've now managed to pop the screens out of two of my stems. I was being very careful, but it doesn't take much to dislodge it. So, when Rick says not to use anything to poke the screens with, he means it.

I think what may happen over time is that with soaking, the little clip rusts and closes up a few of the screen holes towards the sides of the screen. That impedes the air flow and, in my case, the screen seems clogged. Plus, occasionally, a bit of herb gets stuck in the clip. Although it's hard to resist putting something in there to help loosen the "clog," soaking really is the best answer. And cleaning often. And when the time comes that soaking isn't enough, it's probably time to change out the screen. ;)

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Just ordered my primo-deluxe myrtlezap kit! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. And of course, I want the coolest trippiest wood ya got! :) I'm sure it will be the perfect compliment to my collection

JDSupreme,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Mom,
I clean my tips and the heat - port out with compressed air computer cleaner. I blow the stem out from both sides and blow directly on the heat port. This removes all of the stuck herb without doing any damage to the screens. I usually blow out everything every 4 or 5 stem loads, this way it doesn't have a chance to build up.

Lycanthrope,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you Lycanthrope. Really a good idea. I hadn't thought of cleaning the tips that way. I'll have to pick some up. I'd been thinking of doing that to clean my Zap anyway. Just one more reason.

Congratulations JDSupreme! I hope you will post a pic of the beauty you get. Time to change that signature! ;)

momofthegoons,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I used compressed air several times to clean the zap, obviously keep the can upright and turn the zap on its side. I never stuck it in any closer then an inch or two from the screen. Then tap it out with a little spank and repeat. Works like a charm, as guests tend to let crumbs fall in.

IAmKrazy2,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
momofthegoons said:
Congratulations JDSupreme! I hope you will post a pic of the beauty you get. Time to change that signature! ;)

Ive scheduled a photo shoot and video for next week!! Signature has done been changed haha

JDSupreme,

Rick

Zapman
JD
Your Zap should arrive late in the week. I have a handful or so to get out tomorrow before we get to yours. Thanks for the heads up. I will look for a real treat. You liked the one on the right in my last pic of Myrtles posted here?
Compressed air is a must around here and has been forever. If you have access to an air compressor with a squirt nozzle, feel free to blow away in and around the heatport. Stems too but easier. The smaller tubing creates more velocity and will push harder on the screen. Heatport screens have two clips holding them so are very difficult to dislodge.

Rick,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Rick said:
JD
Your Zap should arrive late in the week. I have a handful or so to get out tomorrow before we get to yours. Thanks for the heads up. I will look for a real treat. You liked the one on the right in my last pic of Myrtles posted here?

Oh ya that's a sweet grain! I'll trust your pick! I'm extra excited now. Thx Rick!

JDSupreme,

FlasH

Downhill demon
My intense walnut zap is in one of those orders you filled, just got the shipping confirmation yesterday! Just in time for the end of midterms :D

FlasH,

a bag of it

Hey Rick, I just ordered my second myrtlezap a few minutes ago, and I wanted to stop in and comment on what an amazing product you have. After losing mine almost 6 months ago, I went back to the old methods of combustion for a while but it was not the same. Hence, my second purchase. I was wondering when I should expect my zap to arrive? (I'm in Boulder, CO if that matters) Also, I specified on the order that I wanted a darker wood, but I really want something with a very high contrast and unique grain. If you have something like that it would be greatly appreciated, but if not, I know I'll be happy with whatever I get.

Thanks a lot,
-Conor

a bag of it,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
FlasH said:
My intense walnut zap is in one of those orders you filled, just got the shipping confirmation yesterday! Just in time for the end of midterms :D

That must be in the batch before mine goes out....hopefully mine gets here by the weekend! Snap!

For the record my emails beep on my blackberry and i've been pouncing on my phone waiting for my shipping notice.

JDSupreme,

FlasH

Downhill demon
JDSupreme said:
That must be in the batch before mine goes out....hopefully mine gets here by the weekend! Snap!

For the record my emails beep on my blackberry and i've been pouncing on my phone waiting for my shipping notice.

Haha I was doing the same thing, checking my blackberry everytime I would get buzzed about a new message. Just checked the shipping info and it should be here today! Woot!

FlasH,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Received my screen replacement kit today, and another little toy that I picked up since I was shopping. I ordered a clear Tootie with a carb and I've got to tell you that this thing is great. A little smaller than the TootieFrooties, the clear stems pack just as big of a punch. And with the carb in there to clear the stem, you've got a real nice hit. Thanks again Rick for the quick shipment!

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures of all the new Zaps that are being delivered. I sure hope you guys post some! :)

momofthegoons,

reece

My red Tooty arrived today. Very nice, and fast shipping as always. I so love the glass stems. Thanks Rick.

reece,

FlasH

Downhill demon
Just tried out the new zap! Still getting the hang of it, my first stem seemed like the air was too restricted and I wasn't able to rip it enough. I mixed it up with a pen cap and that helped a bit. One thing is the ABV isn't getting as brown as my MFLB get's it. Does it just take some getting used to with the technique or will the zap get hotter as time goes on? I just got it in the mail today and warmed it up for about an hour and a half before using it. Overall though I am glad with the purchase. It looks great and as far as I can tell (which I can tell |----------| this far) it is quite functional :D

Pics:
ekpMr.jpg

T4Vtt.jpg

iMiaJ.jpg

FlasH,

FlasH

Downhill demon
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
she's pretty, is she cherry or warm myrtle?

It's actually the intense walnut. I liked the general look and color of it more than the other woods.

FlasH,
thcx & i was wondering is your stem tip in glass tooty almost as perfect like level or parallel to body like the nylon ones? or u may b able to tell if u lQQk @ tip & turn/twist body, tip may b perfect or off a degree? i got mine few months ago & may b got early ones, perhaps they're mor level or straight now? ok thcx o :)

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

FlasH

Downhill demon
Yeah it's pretty level. I can't notice any deformities or signs of not being level with a visual inspection.

FlasH,
Top Bottom