Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

karazi

That looks AMAZING. In for the same package that guy got after pre-employment drug tests (when I find a job lol) :).

karazi,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
That curl looks sweet on that piece, looks kinda like one of those Tasmanian Tigers with the crazy markings, that Zap is bad ass!

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
The above Zap is leaning left a tad which is much better than leaning right we think.
She leans because of our continued insistence on some level of imperfection in our work here in Zapville.
She also sits on the top of our PC which has a slightly curved top surface.

Rick,

edame

I've had my Aromazap since 2003 (back when you could get them shipped to the UK) and it's served me well for 7 years. Just recently however it's started to go cold at random. The heat port rotates freely inside the wood (I honestly can't remember if it always did this), and I think a contact somewhere may be breaking depending on the position of the heating unit. Sometimes it will work for days, and then suddenly the motion of turning it upside down, and then back down again causes some slight movement, and half an hour later it's stone cold. I generally rotate it at random and leave it for a few minutes and see if it starts to warm again. The led stays lit regardless.

It's getting a bit frustrating and I'm seriously considering trying to take it apart in case it's something basic I could fix or solder. My worry is that I could break it for good and I don't really have the means to get another (and what could ever compare to the Aromazap anyway?).

I was wondering Rick if you might have any advice?

edame,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi edame and welcome to the forum! It's always good to hear from some of Rick's older customers. I think your best bet will be to contact Rick directly. It sounds as if the heatport's turning might have loosened a solder. Rick would be the one with your answers.

Wow, these new walnut Zaps really are incredible. The ripples in this one are really special. You're right Rick, the person that gets this one should be very happy.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
edame
So nice to hear from an old customer from way back. 2003 was another world for most of us. I know it sure was for us.
Believe it or not, I recommend checking your transformer. Actually, just as always for the log vapes, the transformer wire right next to the plug that goes into the Zap will break. It is a stranded wire so often there is still a strand or two that does not break which will allow enough juice to the led circuit to make the led light up(almost nothing) but not enough to heat the heater. You can check it with a car adapter cord if you have one or access to one. If it heats with the car adapter, the transformer(or trans wire) is bad. If the problem is the wire, you can cut the wire back a few inches from the old plug and install another plug(5.5 x 2.1 mm female).
If, on the other hand, you would like the latest version Aromazap made from one of our three hardwoods, you definitely qualify for a special coupon for an at least 7year old customer with a non US address. That coupon is only available by contacting us via Email.
We are so sorry but our warranty has expired on that 7 year old SOFTWOOD vape you have still partially functioning.
I would give the transformer/wire, etc a check first though as you might be able to get a few more years of use from the Zap you got in 2003.
Thanks for again for coming to FC and posting. Shoot us an Email.
edit for:
And lwein, WTF are you doing, creating a false quote from me? A damn good one though. I like it. And I like your (old) little pussy too. She is sooooooo sweeeeeet.

Rick,

gim

I just want to say I found the thread here to be one of the most respectable and honest vendor (response) threads I've ever seen.

Thank you.

gim,

OC513

Dabaholic
gim said:
I just want to say I found the thread here to be one of the most respectable and honest vendor (response) threads I've ever seen.

Thank you.
My sentiments exactly....Rick seems like a real class act.

OC513,

vcasal2

Simply stated, If I were a business owner (maybe someday), I would want to be like and hear people talk about me the same way as Rick.

vcasal2,

lwien

Rick said:
And lwein, WTF are you doing, creating a false quote from me? A damn good one though. I like it. And I like your (old) little pussy too. She is sooooooo sweeeeeet.

That wasn't supposed to happen. I have no idea how I did that.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
lwien said:
Rick said:

Because I meant to do that. Im all :ninja: like that sometimes

Lwein is my hero (Next to Rick of course)

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
lwien said:
Rick said:

Because I meant to do that. Im all :ninja: like that sometimes

Lwein is my hero (Next to Rick of course)

If I'm your fuckin' hero, you better learn how to fucking spell my name right !!! :cool:

;)

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL, I so remember looking back up at Ricks post to see how to spell your name.
I guess I didnt want to regress back to my childhood lessons on grammar because sometimes my childhood scares me. :p

Some times I almost call you L-Dub (As in El-Dubbya - you know, LW, Lwien etc...)
:D

Its kinda what I called my old bug. VW bug. Vee-Dub.
...Roasted...

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
Some times I almost call you L-Dub

Wow. Haven't heard that in awhile. That was kind of a nickname in high school with the football team.
Good times. :)

lwien,

edame

Many thanks for the reply Rick. I had to dig out a backup of my email archives to remember which year I bought it :)
Before that I had an eterra tulip but I don't think it lasted more than a year.

I hadn't even thought about whether the adapter could be the cause due to the led always being lit, but I have had it as long as the vape so I went and gave it an inspection. It certainly feels like the wiring was loose as you said, and I tried pushing the wire into the plug a bit more, and instant heat from the port! I can't believe it could have been such a basic issue.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days and let you know. The coupon offer is much appreciated and as others have said, you're always honest and helpful which is a rarity these days.

If it does turn out to be just the adapter could I have still been causing any damage by rotating the heat port? I worry that if it's connected to a wire, that too much rotation would twist it off, but I have no idea if it's constructed that way.

Thanks again.

edame,

Rick

Zapman
edame
The heatport has no wires attached to it. The electric heater rests in the center of the heatport tube so some rotation of the heatport will not affect the wiring.
Wow. 2003, still going and the no heat problem was still a bad transformer! I'd say that is hard to beat.
Simple design, no moving parts, efficient. We love it!

Rick,

edame

I think I may have spoken too soon. :/ I bought a new adapter (12v 1.4A output), plugged it in and nothing. Led lights up again but no heat, maybe when I was jiggling the other adapter wire I just happened to get the right contact near the heat port. It seems like the only way I can get it to warm up is to rotate the heat port in small increments until I can feel it getting warm. It seems that the movement involved in using it can be enough to lose the sweet spot once found. I guess to visualise it as a clock face, perhaps the sweet spot is a specific time, or a block of 5-10 minutes at most.

I may have to email you shortly about that coupon...

edame,

Rick

Zapman
Sounds like you are ready for a new longer lasting hardwood Zap edame. I was actually very surprised that you concluded the adapter was bad. I assume the plug going into the Zap is new and came wired to your new transformer?
Seven years still is not bad. Email me regarding a replacement Zap if you are interested.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
Popped open my last slab of 'old wood' Myrtlewood yesterday(stored 40 years at least). This was the lighter of the two slabs but has lots of darker shades and very unique grain swirls throughout. These are the first two blocks turned from the same stick, or 'slice' of the slab. We should get somewhere between 50-60 Zaps from this slab.
Yes, the one on the right is gone but there will be plenty more like it.
newwoodmyrts003.jpg

Rick,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Rick, they just keep getting nicer and nicer. The variations in the different woods never cease to amaze me.:o

Lycanthrope,

stinkmeaner

First I have to say that I really don't like myrtle wood, but that one on the right is the best looking Zap I have laid eyes on, looking at the wood reminds me of a heady glass piece.

stinkmeaner,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Wow, the one on the right is amazing. Interesting how different the two are since they are from the same stick.

And stink, how can you not like myrtle wood? It has so many different characteristics.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I think i'm going to pull the trigger on the zap this weekend. Rick, you said there are more available from that block of darker myrtlewood? If I order the primo deluxe kit today and select dark wood will it be similar to that?

Also, do the new walnut or cherry zaps tend to run any warmer or cooler than the myrtlewood? I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks!

JDSupreme,
Top Bottom