Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
LOL Im actually glad that Lwien changed his AV back to the groovekitty one.

It threw me off for a good while when he had that sensitive dog lovey dovey one as I remember him with the groovekitty when I first got here.

And yes, I like to go back and reread some of my first discussions with the Zap. We had some pretty interesting things happening back then... Tubing, glass pieces, hitting teks etc.

Its amazing to see how Ricks business has grown and developed in even just this past year! (And it makes me smile for all!)

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
It's all the wood and the re-designed heatport and the glass. Shit, a lot of change in a relatively short period of time. This all a bigger deal than usual because we stagnated for so long. Same old product that was hard to buy with no storefront or shopping cart. Limping along but still fine for us. Then some FC bumps, then more.
But the real change started with the website re-do and the glass about the same time. We have kept up a steady pace since then. The almost lost Cherry tree gave us another new product that is also very beautiful and makes luscious vapor. I do think the final clincher was finding the new wood guy as the walnuts are proving popular even without a pic up on the website. I have not got back to see him because we have been so busy at home and the small stash I got from him will keep me going for a couple weeks. I think he was very surprised to find someone serious about some of his wood. He is a guy that can do whatever he wants but loves to keep busy. The wood thing was for "someday" and that day came sooner than he expected. I am very curious about the locust and more walnut. He has so much of it in un-trimmed blocks with wane and cracks that he wants to whittle down to usable stuff. Part of my job will be to convince him to skip that step and let me do it for Zaps as he really marks the stuff up when it is all in beautiful sawed blocks. He also misses wood that I could use.
Thanks again to all here at FC for your contribution and support. Good to see you here STARVAPE2012. So glad you found lots of help on the clear road to vapor. We do appreciate all the comments you and others make on this thread.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
now if I could just figure out how to add a avatar....... I love this place and all the people who contribute. I am also eyeing one of those cherry and or walnuts to add to the collection. That would make number 4.

On a different note. This question is really for rick I guess. I am assuming it is perfectly legal to send these devices through the mail? I am going somewhere this weekend and would love to send it to my hotel so it is waiting for me. I am planning on sending some oil and the flower top so I can use it as a aromatherapy device and I am assuming this makes it o.k.? I would be curious to hear your thoughts. thanks.

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
ob
absolutely totally legal to send them through the mail. Use priority mail as you can do those labels online with delivery confirmation. Everything we ship almost every day is legal to do so. The only problem would be after a vapor stem is used, then the stem is suspect. The base unit is still just an air heater. Any glass will raise flags. Of course the USPS does not open packages on any kind of regular basis that I know of. I think it would have to be a real big deal for them to open a package.

Edit for

Some pics of stuff out today/tomorrow:
2 Myrtles
3wallys2myrts1cherry005.jpg

3 Walnuts Sorry for not so good on the dark units. Maybe we need more light?
3wallys2myrts1cherry002.jpg

and all of them for some contrast, including a Cherry on the upper right
3wallys2myrts1cherry004.jpg

Rick,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
vcasal2 said:
Those dark walnuts r sick.

Yeh, I can verify this. My friend and I both got one of the new batch of walnut and they both really rule both aesthetically and functionally. We'll post some pics once we figure out such things.

mudstar,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
You gotta love Black Walnut, the dark grain and the lighter colors working their way out, you can see some curl in these as well as crotch, the walnut finishes so nice with a satin feel, I really dig working walnut.

Ed's TnT,

Neverender

I received my Zap almost about a month ago and so far it has been my first vape that has EXCEEDED my expectations upon first use. There are so many good things I can say about it:

- Efficiency is out of this world (I was highly skeptical at first :lol:).
- With dank, you can get some huge hits that can hang with SSV rips any day.
- It's very convenient. I love knowing that it is made to be plugged in and ready to go 24/7.
- It's probably the most stealthy vape out there. Not so much when in use, but just chillin there? Looks like nothing more than an "air freshener" :)
- My zap gets my ABV herb exactly to where I want it to be. Not too dark, but sufficiently vaped.

Now, I just had an awesome idea; getting another Zap strictly for the bathroom.... I can't think of anything better than vaporizing while on the can. Thoughts? :D

Neverender,

B.

War Criminal
i just got a new bubbler that i planned on being my oil piece, but i just did a couple of stems thru it and its a perfect zap bubbler. super tasty, super smooth. i like it better than my full size tube for zap hits.

2010-09-29_18-06-05_371.jpg

2010-09-29_18-08-10_804.jpg

B.,

Rick

Zapman
Neverender
Thanks for all the good words about Zaps. The log vape design is incredibly efficient and stealthy as you point out. Simple use to make good vapor. Glad you are happy with your choice.
Nice glass B. That stuff is all cool but not for the clumsy simple folks at Zapville. I surely would break anything nice with my gradual loss of hand/eye coordination(one of our descriptions for getting old). Seems I am always flinging an arm knocking something somewhere.
Another small change in Zapville that will improve our service on small packages like vapor stems, glass stems, etc. Our new Postmaster turned me on to USPS Shipping Assistant for the small stuff. I can do first class labels with delivery confirmation(only $.19), barcode and all now. I still manually add the postage but the label is done right. Once we went to delivery confirmation on Zaps, several years ago, we had zero losses in shipping. Our only problem has been the small padded envelopes and small boxes with stems, etc as they were all hand labeled. I also have a better record of the shipments now. Sent my first one out yesterday.
Something about a label with a barcode that keeps them(USPS) on the ball a bit more. They also show tracking on the delivery confirmation labels now. In the old days it was only scanned at delivery.
BTW, never use Parcel Post if you can help it. Those packages always go ONLY via ground(or boat), never air.

Rick,

rukus13

Just got my new glass stem in and I must say I LOVE IT!!! Makes a great product even more awesome. Rick mentioned it was a little longer than they like but I must say it is just perfect. Money very very well spent. Also just want to thank Rick for the excellent customer service. Helped me out even though he didn't have to. I'm so glad to have my zap back I've truly missed it. Now time to start saving for a walnut one. Thanks again Rick.

rukus13,

rotax

Zaporist
I'm not sure why I never played around with this idea sooner.
But I just found out how great it is to vape through a bubbler. :)

Its just a cheap lil piece, but effective in cooling vapor greatly.
Much easier on the throat.

If you happen to have one sitting around, give it a shot if you haven't already. Its a new experience.

Tip: Use CLEAN water, and maybe even clean the inside to remove any/all smell.
You'll definitely taste it if its not clean. :rolleyes:

rotax,

B.

War Criminal
its weird, i clean my glass with alcohol 6 out of 7 days, but i only clean my stems once a month, but only the glass seems to make a difference n flavor. I do use more bho in my glass thanregular vapes, maybe thats why. Its probably 70% bho, 25% MZ 5% SSV, as far as what i vape thru my glass, and i use my glass everyday :) .

B.,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Hey all. Lovin' my zap as most people seem to...after a few weeks use, I've begun to think about the heat port where you "plug" your stems or aroma flower, etc. etc... Just wondering if I need to be worrying about crumbs, debris, etc. falling down there?

Usually I just blow on it a bit if I see something visibly, but otherwise, is this something to be concerned with? Hope everyone is enjoying their zaps like I am.

Cheers,
J

mudstar,

rotax

Zaporist
mudstar said:
Hey all. Lovin' my zap as most people seem to...after a few weeks use, I've begun to think about the heat port where you "plug" your stems or aroma flower, etc. etc... Just wondering if I need to be worrying about crumbs, debris, etc. falling down there?

Usually I just blow on it a bit if I see something visibly, but otherwise, is this something to be concerned with? Hope everyone is enjoying their zaps like I am.

Cheers,
J

I like the screen for this, usually very little to worry about. (I still hold mine on its side when i hit it however..)
When/If anything does happen to be sitting in there, I just turn it upside down, and pat it on its bottom. ><
This usually has knocked anything loose/out, in my experience.

rotax,

Rick

Zapman
mudstar
We have always had a screen in the heatport tube to keep crumbs and excess debris out of the air heating chamber. The original Eterra also had the heatport screen and we thought it was and is a very good idea.
The screen will stop most stuff from dropping into the heatport but not everything like very fine particles. We recommend using some canned computer air or an air compressor if you have one to shoot air through all of the six small holes around the top plate and/or down the center tube. Do this outside or in a garage as dust will come out in most cases. It comes out through the remaining holes in the top plate. Do this regularly and the Zap will be very clean inside the heatport.
Another innate problem with log vapes that cannot be avoided. I guess we can blame gravity but we do all that is possible to minimize the problem with the installation of the center screen in the heatport tube.

Rick,

bioret

I think something might be wrong with my zap.

I got it about a month ago. It hit really light in the beginning but as I left it on 24/7 it quickly broke in about the 2nd week in and it hit amazingly for a while...Until It started getting really really cold, even when it was still plugged in all day. Now it cycles all day from really really cold (to the point where I can even put my finger in the heat port without having to take it off) to to a little warmer but still unusable.

What could be wrong?

bioret,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi bloret, welcome to the forum. :)

It does sound as if something is wrong with your Zap. Could be a number of things. Did you get a car adapter when you bought it? If so, try plugging it into your car for a while and see if it heats up. If so, it is the wall adapter. If not, it's the Zap. I a;sp think that you need to email Rick directly since your Zap is still under warranty.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

caseball2051

the temperature on mine seems to fluctuate sometimes as well. Its never prevented me from getting good vapor from it so i never labelled it as an issue before though.

caseball2051,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
It really isn't an issue unless you can't get vapor. The temp of your Zap will fluctuate slightly with the ambient temperature of the room. I noticed on really hot days (I don't have air conditioning) my Zap can be really hot to the touch; even the wood. The hits are much hotter on these days. On cooler days, it feels normal. And on really cold days, it feels cool, but the vapor is still fine and it hits a tad cooler than on really hot days. :2c:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
bioret
You either have a bad transformer, probably with a broken wire or we had a bad solder joint internally in the Zap. As mom said, you can check if it is the transformer by trying the Zap in a car with the car adapter cord(car running). If your Zap heats up with the car cord, the 12 volt wall transformer is the culprit. If it does not heat up in the car, you will have to send it back to us for repair.
An Email to us will get the ball rolling on fixing your Zap.
Ambient temperature will always have a small influence on the vape air produces by a log vape. Sometimes the time of day will affect the temp because of extra load on the electric grid in a given area. Also the reverse. With very little community electric load on a grid, the voltage will go up slightly.
Even a small voltage difference in the input voltage(wall plug voltage) will have an affect on the heat produced in a log vape as we use unregulated wall transformers so the OUTPUT voltage(into the Zap) will also vary slightly as the electric grid varies. Those grids run within a range of voltage, never an exact voltage number.

Rick,

bioret

Ok, the culprit was the transformer.

I tried my router's adapter for a bit (the only other adapter I could find here that ran on 12v) and it brought back my zap to how it used to.

I tried using the zap's adapter on the router and it wouldn't power on, so it is indeed the adapter; just took me a couple days to figure out since my zap doesn't have an LED light!

That was weird, an adapter has never failed on me before.

bioret,

Rick

Zapman
bioret got ahold of us already and is covered. Our official rule says we do not warranty the transformers, but we like to break the rules sometimes.
Our warranty is officially one year and has been for many months.
One happy camper out there on Thursday. Just sent this combo out with a Tooty, etc.
This is one of the nicest Zaps I have ever done. Black Walnut with a bit darker walnut stem holder.
walnutwithstemholder001.jpg

Rick,
Top Bottom