Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
flouris said:
Question - what do you guys use to get the herb out of your stems after its been vaped? I read you could just blow it out but that doesn't seem to work with mine (and even if it did it would blow all over the place). I'd imagine trying to blow the abv into an altoids tin with the rest of my abv I'd end up with an abv-snowstorm in my living room.
I still think you can just blow it out, a different container would be needed though, something like a bottle or canister. you blow out (carefully, think trying to blow it out as a plug) kinda against the side and don't let it fill up all the way or it will all blow around. that's how i've been doing it.

not very helpful if you like using the altoids tin tho

rabblerouser,

lwien

I just blow out the stem into the little blow bag that comes with the PD. Works great.

I remember when I first got it though and tried blowing it out into a shot glass. :o :rolleyes:

lwien,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Flouris:
Always blow out the ABV (duff) immediately after it has cashed in while the tip is still hot. If you try after the tip has cooled then its difficult or impossible to blow it out and you must remove it with a poker of some kind which may damage the stem or the screen. I blow mine into an empty ISO alcohol bottle and save it for green dragon. It wont blow back all over the place due the ISO bottles depth and small opening and you wont lose any.

Lycanthrope,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yes, make sure its still warm cause when it cools it wont blow out.

Also get a little mesh bag (I use the bag my grinder came in) something that you can wrap the mouth around the stem end to blow into.

AGBeer,

flouris

lwien said:
I just blow out the stem into the little blow bag that comes with the PD. Works great.

I remember when I first got it though and tried blowing it out into a shot glass. :o :rolleyes:
d'oh!! So that's what that leather pouch is for. Now I feel dumb ;)

flouris,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive heard of people setting a timer to go on in the AM or an hour or so before they get off of work.

Chances are you can find an inexpensive one at wally world or somewhere similar. :)

AGBeer,

reece

Lycanthrope said:
Flouris:
Always blow out the ABV (duff) immediately after it has cashed in while the tip is still hot. If you try after the tip has cooled then its difficult or impossible to blow it out and you must remove it with a poker of some kind which may damage the stem or the screen. I blow mine into an empty ISO alcohol bottle and save it for green dragon. It wont blow back all over the place due the ISO bottles depth and small opening and you wont lose any.
No need for a poker. You just have to heat it up again. Take a couple of puffs to heat the load and it will blow right out. I often only partially finish a stem and come back to it later.

reece,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
flouris, I just want to correct something in one of your previous posts since no one else did. This is NOT to open up any new debate or discussion, but to clarify so that anyone new to this thread doesn't read your post and think this is an issue. I normally would have let it slide, but in light of recent negative posts in another thread I thought it should be addressed. You had asked if it is okay to use a nail to clean out your "leaded brass tips." As per Rick's quote below, the tips are not now and have never been leaded.

Rick said:
Pack those tips all you want folks. The tip and heatport tubing have always been from the same manufacturer, K&S Metals. They have done RoHS lead free tubing since it was chic to do so.
Please understand that this is not a slam on you, flouris, but a clarification for any noobs that might come on and get scared off by your question. There have been far too many unnecessary and unwarranted negative posts regarding this non issue.

I hope that you have solved your stem blowing dilema by now! ;) I use a small mason jar and blow towards the side. As long as there isn't too much ABV in there, it works fine. At the point where it starts blowing around, I transfer the ABV to a bigger mason jar until I can use it for cooking. There are times when a little bit of debris will stay in the stem by the screen. You can carefully (so as not to punch out the screen) try to dislodge it with a pokey of some sort. And sometimes, a soak is necessary in some ISO.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
Looks like the glass stock up is a regular every other week trip. Clear Tooties are doing the best but it all is moving. Keep in mind all our glass works for all log type vapes. A Tooty also hit the concrete from 3 feet and survived.
Also appears building up an inventory is back on the 'some day' list. We are keeping very close to a week from order to arrival, except accessories and glass that go out right away.
Never poke your stem tips. If used contents will not blow out, hit it again to heat it and get another pull then try blowing out again. Repeat that process til it blows out. Prematurely clogged stem screens are partly from not thoroughly vaping each stem tip IMO.

Rick,

flouris

momofthegoons said:
flouris, I just want to correct something in one of your previous posts since no one else did. This is NOT to open up any new debate or discussion, but to clarify so that anyone new to this thread doesn't read your post and think this is an issue. I normally would have let it slide, but in light of recent negative posts in another thread I thought it should be addressed. You had asked if it is okay to use a nail to clean out your "leaded brass tips." As per Rick's quote below, the tips are not now and have never been leaded.

Rick said:
Pack those tips all you want folks. The tip and heatport tubing have always been from the same manufacturer, K&S Metals. They have done RoHS lead free tubing since it was chic to do so.
Please understand that this is not a slam on you, flouris, but a clarification for any noobs that might come on and get scared off by your question. There have been far too many unnecessary and unwarranted negative posts regarding this non issue.

I hope that you have solved your stem blowing dilema by now! ;) I use a small mason jar and blow towards the side. As long as there isn't too much ABV in there, it works fine. At the point where it starts blowing around, I transfer the ABV to a bigger mason jar until I can use it for cooking. There are times when a little bit of debris will stay in the stem by the screen. You can carefully (so as not to punch out the screen) try to dislodge it with a pokey of some sort. And sometimes, a soak is necessary in some ISO.
No I don't take that as a slam at all. I'm actually really glad you responded because I wasn't sure if it was safe but I'm glad to find out otherwise. That concern was prompted by the post of another vape maker making curious accusations against the zap. I can't express how happy I am that I went with the MZ.

flouris,

the ob

all good in the hood.
flouris said:
Question - what do you guys use to get the herb out of your stems after its been vaped? I read you could just blow it out but that doesn't seem to work with mine (and even if it did it would blow all over the place). I'd imagine trying to blow the abv into an altoids tin with the rest of my abv I'd end up with an abv-snowstorm in my living room.

I've been using a simple picture frame nail to poke and scrape the stuff out - but just wanted to make sure it wouldn't pose any health risk with the leaded brass tips?

Edited to add: I wait for my stuff to become bone dry before using it in the vape, and I don't pack it too tight (that I know of?? if I pack it any less the stuff falls out the bottom when turned upright and placed on the zap)
flouris,
I am surprised that no one linked you to this site. http://www.muslinbag.com/. these are perfect for what you need. since they let air through they are great for expelling your APV into. you just put the tip in, and seal the bag around before you blow. They are super cheap and will ship just a few with no shipping (which is crazy). they work better than a jar as those sometimes shoot all over the place.......

the ob,

Rick

Zapman
Damn! I see stinkmeaner has got us in trouble over on the PD thread! And as I recall, stinkmeaner is not a MZ fan or groupie! What have we here, an imposter?
Hey stink, thanks for stirring the stink over there. All over a damn wooden stem that is very trick. The tips are removable so they can be easily cleaned and are 100% RoHS lead free brass but Mr Big don't wanna endorse them so KEEP AWAY from this(PD) thread. See why I love this? BTW, our product and brass/lead was again brought up by Tom who then asked all to drop it. How cool this is!
Then there is this from Tom, maker one of the products that competes with us.

"I have never hidden what was in the airpath of our product. Always, from day one, we have welcomed anyone to look at our order history and materials. You don't see that offer from others, do you? Enough said. You don't represent them and do them a dis-service bringing up their past and their material choices. "

We do not need to show anyone our order history, etc as we do not play games with our customers. Our product is safe and always has been and always will be. All we do is make them and deliver them. No games. And stinkmeaner, you do a SERVICE to this entire forum. You certainly do not do us a dis-service as quoted above. I love it when mfc shows us all how cool he is.

Those wooden stems from EdsTNT.com are very nice, 100% safe and will work on all log vapes. We endorse them completely as we would any safe functional attachment to AZ/MZ.
But then we are just peons who don't care about people as much as the king so be careful...........be fearful......what an old fucking game.

Rick,

Screwdriver

Wow...That thread on that other manufactures site is frickin entertaining.

I have to say...I am getting pretty nervous. There is a brass statue sitting on a shelf here and I know air is circulating around it....and I know I am breathing that air.

Rick, do you think I need a lead test?

Screwdriver,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Screwdriver said:
Wow...That thread on that other manufactures site is frickin entertaining.

I have to say...I am getting pretty nervous. There is a brass statue sitting on a shelf here and I know air is circulating around it....and I know I am breathing that air.

Rick, do you think I need a lead test?
Be careful. When that statue farts its all over...

AGBeer,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
There once was a maker of Zaps
Who treated his customers with class
There is a heated debate
Of whether his product is safe
But it makes them all talk out of their ass

AGBeer,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick said:
Damn! I see stinkmeaner has got us in trouble over on the PD thread! And as I recall, stinkmeaner is not a MZ fan or groupie! What have we here, an imposter?
Hey stink, thanks for stirring the stink over there. All over a damn wooden stem that is very trick. The tips are removable so they can be easily cleaned and are 100% RoHS lead free brass but Mr Big don't wanna endorse them so KEEP AWAY from this(PD) thread. See why I love this? BTW, our product and brass/lead was again brought up by Tom who then asked all to drop it. How cool this is!
Then there is this from Tom, maker one of the products that competes with us.

"I have never hidden what was in the airpath of our product. Always, from day one, we have welcomed anyone to look at our order history and materials. You don't see that offer from others, do you? Enough said. You don't represent them and do them a dis-service bringing up their past and their material choices. "

We do not need to show anyone our order history, etc as we do not play games with our customers. Our product is safe and always has been and always will be. All we do is make them and deliver them. No games. And stinkmeaner, you do a SERVICE to this entire forum. You certainly do not do us a dis-service as quoted above. I love it when mfc shows us all how cool he is.

Those wooden stems from EdsTNT.com are very nice, 100% safe and will work on all log vapes. We endorse them completely as we would any safe functional attachment to AZ/MZ.
But then we are just peons who don't care about people as much as the king so be careful...........be fearful......what an old fucking game.
Wow, Rick this Lead issue always seems to rear its ugly head every so often, you always address it so clearly and factually. Your business is your business and you run it very well. Everyone that gets one of your pieces knows exactly what they are getting if they read or ask. Hell there is more than enough info here for you to make an informed decision on whether to get one or not if only you care to ask or read.

Rick you have always been more than helpful to any of the posters here in this thread and me as well.

Thank you for your endorsement!

Ed's TnT,

lwien

Here's my take on the brass issue, for whatever it's worth, and I stated some of this in the PD thread as well.

It all has to do with the self-limitations that one wants to exercise regarding what they want to ingest or what they don't want to ingest. Some have a major concern about heating up brass that contains lead to vaping temps and inhaling vapor that flows across heated up brass. Others have no concern whatsoever. While the risk may be minuscule, it is a risk that some may not be willing to take, and yet at the same time, we are willing to take other risks. People in general are pretty odd in that way. Take me for an example. I desire not to vape out of anything that contains brass, but yet, when I buy my fruits and veggies at the market, I only give them a quick rinse under water before eating. Others wash and scrub their produce with produce soap and a produce scrub brush to try and get any bacteria and pesticides off the them before they ingest them. I used to work for a pretty wealthy guy who would purchase a 300 hundred dollar bottle of wine whenever we went out to lunch, and yet he got pissed at me for handing out business cards to customers who didn't make a purchase because they cost to much. I wonder how many people complain about vaping through brass and yet smoke tobacco all day.

It's all about what we wish to tolerate and what we don't wish to tolerate. As I've said before, I don't think it's a right or wrong issue here. It's just different, and as such, I don't quite understand all of the sarcastic comments aimed at those that have a concern about vaping through products that contain leaded brass and yet at the same time, I never hear sarcastic comments against those that have no problem in using products that contain brass, excluding of course, Tom and Rick, for they are both coming from a different perspective. Just because you choose to vape through brass doesn't automatically make those that choose not to vape through brass, a bunch of loony tin heads.

lwien,

return2heaven

so i've had my MZ for almost a week now and im totally loving it. i've been getting really nice consistent clouds of vapor and the high is great. one thing im concerned about is that my abv is dark greenish in color (not a dark brown like when i use my iolite). im still relatively new to using vaporizers and i just wanted to hear your guys thoughts on this... what color are your herbs after vaping with the MZ?

@lwein
why is there a "brass issue" if MZ uses lead free Brass? im a bit confused on that point seeing as when i browse the other thread it's constantly brought up over and over.

return2heaven,

Rick

Zapman
lwein
"............I don't quite understand all of the sarcastic comments aimed at those that have a concern about vaping through products that contain leaded brass"

Could you please tell us which product, available for purchase today, contains "leaded brass"?

Rick,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Personally, I don't see any reason for either camp to go into the others thread to start something like you did here. Let Tom and Rick battle it out. We, as users of these products should stay out of the others thread if it is your sole intent to defend the opposing manufacturer as you seem to be doing here. That's my take on it, for whatever it's worth.

(now I just gotta make sure not to do the same thing myself.......uhoh )
Iwien, did you not just preach to others to stay in their own thread? You seem to cross over to this thread more then anyone else, then ask others not to do so? I know you are stating your opinions, and i personally dont see a problem with going to the other thread for a healthy debate, but you just told others not to do so :uhoh:

My opinion? This thing has been brought up too much. I enjoy the other aspects of the thread's, i like most already have placed my opinion on the issue and couldn't give a shit about this drama over and over.

I'd rather read the PD Thread's, and the MZ thread and use the opinions i have already made, and avoid reading this over and over. If you are to preach to other's to stay on their "side" or "camp" maybe you should do the same yourself, but you didn't seem to make it 24hrs even. Iwien, i enjoy your insight over and over, you have a plethora of great posts. But, they are sprinkled in with a bunch of posts which i personally could go without reading. I have no issue with those who want to speak their opinions and stand up for what they believe in but preach what you sow, this will merely increase your credibility.

My :2c:.

IAmKrazy2,

lwien

^^
My quote above, "We, as users of these products should stay out of the others thread if it is your sole intent to defend the opposing manufacturer as you seem to be doing here."

I didn't come in here to defend the opposing manufacturer or take a stance pro or con. I believe what I did here was quite a bit different.

lwien,
Top Bottom