Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

Rick

Zapman
ranDUMB
Shoot me an Email. We will fix you up with something right where you want. I think I have some kind of old special somewhere too. Something to do with "if your Zap gets ripped off......."
okam
I'll have Zaplady get on and make a few comments about the flower later today. She is the expert on that subject.

Rick,

ranDUMB

Thanks MOM thanks RICK!!!!!

MOMOFTHEGOONS, thanks for the advice, I'll prob just get another MZAP, I'm hoping THIS ONE will last. hahahaha

I saw the two punks running off with my bag too (LA metro/subway), but at 30, I don't have the speed I once did, and these little guys flew!!!

The whole time I was more worried about my Zap then the very expensive school books I also lost.

WEll hopefully those bastards know what they found, probably just think I'm a wood collector or something :D

ranDUMB,

B.

War Criminal
RanDumb- I almost never use my 13.5 any more, but I do the beer coozie all day every day. It seems to add just enough to the temp to kick it into the next level of goodness, it's more stoney than with no coozie.

Cut the bottom out of your favorite beer coozie. Slip it over your zap. It also makes a nice zap protector for the inevitable spills my zap takes.

B.,

oldfart

ranDUMB said:
Thanks MOM thanks RICK!!!!!

MOMOFTHEGOONS, thanks for the advice, I'll prob just get another MZAP, I'm hoping THIS ONE will last. hahahaha

I saw the two punks running off with my bag too (LA metro/subway), but at 30, I don't have the speed I once did, and these little guys flew!!!

The whole time I was more worried about my Zap then the very expensive school books I also lost.

WEll hopefully those bastards know what they found, probably just think I'm a wood collector or something :D
They were looking for a laptop. I'm sure they tossed it in the trash. To bad we can't just shoot'em.

oldfart,

flouris

okam said:
Also Rick, when I put 2-3 drops in the oil cup, it never really evaporates. I left it on for 6 hours, and those same 2-3 drops were still there. I smelt no lavender scent either.
okam,

My main profession is working in the field of fragrance and I may possibly have some helpful info. First, nasal sensory fatigue sets in very rapidly so oftentimes an odor is present but your nose has adjusted to it. This is why some folks constantly bathe themselves in perfume thinking their fragrance has waned in sillage when really their nose has simply adjusted. This is why cigarette smokers can't smell the smoke on their clothes the way nonsmokers can. If you're certain this isn't the problem, are you using a true lavender essential oil? Or are you using an essential oil that is diluted with a carrier such as jojoba, fractionated coconut, etc? If you are using the latter (which, unless you're purchasing your source materials from a perfume supplier, you likely are indeed buying diluted stuff), 2-3 drops may not be enough. Your bottle of lavender may even specify just how diluted in a carrier oil it is.

I'm really looking forward to creating some unique fragrances specifically for my zap when it arrives (smoky autumn scents, rain/petrichor/fresh soil, aged wood/leather/cigar, etc).

flouris,

okam

I'm using the oil that it came with, I even tried filling the cup to the brim. I have also left the room for about an hour and came back inside with noticing a smell. I can only smell it when I literally sniff right next to the oil.

Also rick, I'm wondering if I could have a free stem? One of the screens inside mine was broken, and I didn't notice it until I had some herb fly into my mouth. :ko:

okam,

okam

Alright. Here's more pictures of my setup.

20100725013315.jpg
20100725013323.jpg

okam,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Nice set up okam! And shoot Rick an email regarding the stem.

Sooooo.....what part does the playdough have? Some vaping secret you need to share? :lol:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

the ob

all good in the hood.
flouris said:
okam said:
Also Rick, when I put 2-3 drops in the oil cup, it never really evaporates. I left it on for 6 hours, and those same 2-3 drops were still there. I smelt no lavender scent either.
okam,

My main profession is working in the field of fragrance and I may possibly have some helpful info.

I'm really looking forward to creating some unique fragrances specifically for my zap when it arrives (smoky autumn scents, rain/petrichor/fresh soil, aged wood/leather/cigar, etc).
flouris,
I am planning on purchasing another zap for the purpose of using it in my place of work for aromatherapy. I was toying with the idea of having my own "signature" scent. you mentioned that you were going to create some unique fragrances specifically for your zap and I would be interested in this service from you. please let me know if you do this type of thing.

the ob,

reece

okam said:
I'm using the oil that it came with, I even tried filling the cup to the brim. I have also left the room for about an hour and came back inside with noticing a smell. I can only smell it when I literally sniff right next to the oil.

Also rick, I'm wondering if I could have a free stem? One of the screens inside mine was broken, and I didn't notice it until I had some herb fly into my mouth. :ko:
If the room is large, have you tried placement in a different area? I used to think the flower was too small for large rooms (have you tried a smaller room just to see?) but I now believe it depends more on where it is in the room. Maybe a more centralized area? I broke my flower some time ago due to not following directions. I tried to remove it by the cup instead of the stem. I went to the hardware store and bought a 1/2 inch copper pipe cap which works wonderfully as a backup/replacement and it doesn't seem to matter where I place the diffuser.

reece,

flouris

the ob said:
flouris said:
okam said:
okam,

My main profession is working in the field of fragrance and I may possibly have some helpful info.

flouris,
I am planning on purchasing another zap for the purpose of using it in my place of work for aromatherapy. I was toying with the idea of having my own "signature" scent. you mentioned that you were going to create some unique fragrances specifically for your zap and I would be interested in this service from you. please let me know if you do this type of thing.
Yes, in fact private consultations used to be the only thing I did up until a few years ago. What idea did you have in mind, fragrance wise? Also, hope this isn't too invasive, but you said you wanted to use it where you work. What kind of environment do you work in? (law office? retail? etc?) - When I did corporate fragrances they would often invite me to tour their premises or send me photographs of the interior as this greatly enhances my ability to create a fitting scent for the surroundings. Sorry if this is all too in-depth, I just aim to do things right! :p

flouris,

okam

momofthegoons said:
Nice set up okam! And shoot Rick an email regarding the stem.

Sooooo.....what part does the playdough have? Some vaping secret you need to share? :lol:
That's not playdough in there XP That's where my vaped herbs go, temporarily atleast. Then they are further moved into a different jar.

okam,

vcasal2

Goodlife101 said:
...i'd like to be able to adjust my temp now and then that sounds amazing to me. P.S. love the whole concept of these vapes I cant believe I do not own one already they look beautiful and I can't wait to start stretching out my herb even more than just vaping in general! Fuck combustion!
P.P.S. I buy all of my meats from local farmers just for that reason and I love to support small buisnesses I think they are the underappreciated backbone of america! and I would lve to raise them myself if i had the time and land to do it ;)
Goodlife, you made a good choice. After a few weeks of researching as well i came to the same conclusion and ordered a Zap (Even though i wanted one anyway since my friends old A-Zap, i try to be a smart consumer). I just finished my career as a starving college student and this was a purchase in celebration of that as well because graduate school was a bitch. Mine was the one with the large knot. Even with some very dry herb the 12v was not cutting it and the 13.5v is what im using daily as of now. However, i do think my zap is breaking in a bit and i hope i can use the 12v in the future because of the taste. Either way its nice to have both voltages for your zap IMO. I guess im a huge noobie as is yourself so what do i know anyway...which brings me to my question...

Ive been a smoker for about 10 years now so i think i have a general understand of herb grade. I live near a major city so the stuff we get here and what i have right now is usually medical grade or one step below. Right now i would say its one step below (still very good). However, with this new herb i got it seems like im only getting 1 large pull at the beginning and then the stem is cashed. So its taking me about 3 stems to get where i want and that is not good as the efficiency of this thing is what i need most. Not getting as many pulls as seen in the MZ review video or some of the 'other' log vape videos. Am i just overestimating this herb? Any tips/tricks? Yes, its VERY dry and ive been experimenting with fine to medium grindage.

Mini review for more those searching for a buy, this product is excellent and will operate as advertised. The customer service cannot be beaten by any business/corporation large or small. I've read on here Rick is pushing 65 or something? Lies, i dont buy it. Rick is very charismatic and seems to live to please his customers (we need more of that in the world). Rick i wanted to shoot you an e-mail thanking you for my tooty but i figured another e-mail is the last thing you will need. Anyway, thanks Rick, for being you.

vcasal2,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
It just warms my heart to see all of these new (proud) Zap owners. :)

I guess I could be considered a noob of sorts (how long has it been) or should I say 'how many posts ago was it'?

Its just nice to see all of the converts :)

AGBeer,

B.

War Criminal
vcasal2

are you exhaling into a bright light source? I bet you're getting hits you didn't know you were getting. Or you're packing too light.

I try to involve a nice light in all my sessions. Its the only thing I miss about smoking, I love the plume of smoke I'd exhale. Now without a solid light its invisible.

B.,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^^^
Spot on B. I've often thought my stem was cashed, only to find out that it wasn't when blowing into a light. I've also read, however, that different strains can vape differently. I haven't run into any problems personally, however. I would tend to believe that because you aren't seeing vapor you think you aren't getting hits. So vcasal2, try the light trick and see if that makes a difference. It takes a little practice getting the light just right, so don't be discouraged.

Congratulations Goodlife. Can't wait to see those pics.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
vcasal2
Emails are not a problem. I actually have more time for Emails and check them more than in the past. Our new store is giving me more time for Emails because many I would send in the old days are all done automatically now. The offer is still open on your Zap too. You should not have to keep it on the 13.5. Could be that knot in yours is just too big.
okams Zap is about as plain as they get. You can see some nice grain but it does not jump out at you.

Our aroma flower has a delicate balance between function and art. Realistically it is balanced more on the art side. We think it really adds to the 'other use' of Aromazap, especially WHEN SEEN by others. It is more of a visual thing than a smell thing. Oh, it will make aroma from a FEW DROPS of the supplied authentic French essential oil or any other essential oil(the real stuff) but it is not as efficient as a small cup sitting right on the heatport(3/8 or 1/2 "copper cap for plumbing) because the heat from the unit will go directly to the cap. With our flower, there are brass or copper flower petals and that trippy little dragonfly to act as a heat sink so our little cup does not get as hot as it would if it were all by itself. The essential oil also will put out aroma initially(from a few drops) but them will not be so aromatic and there will be some oil left that should be cleaned out with a Q tip.
Not sure if that helps on the aroma. Only a few drops, do not fill the cup.
We make a product that has a primary function and a secondary function. The aroma function is not as efficient as it is eye catching. We figured eye catching serves much of the purpose for which it is intended.
No Email yet on that bad stem screen. Get it to me as we very rarely connect customers to FC screen names. You will find out about our policy of doing more than just fixing screw ups when we make them.
ranDUMB
I'll get back with you later today. I need to check on a block or two that may be just perfect for what you want. All Myrtle wood is not the same density.
Four more out today. Busy Sunday and very hot, 93 or so.

Rick,

flouris

Attack of the vapors said:
Flouris,
Is there any better aroma than petrichor?
I don't think so.
Couldn't agree more! It's one of the most refreshing/calming/comforting scents I know of.

In other news, it appears as though my zap will be delivered today. Very excited!

flouris,

ranDUMB

thanks for the help and advice everyone!!

I just finished ordering another zap, I'll take pics when it gets here

Thanks Rick, you rock, as usual!

ranDUMB,

flouris

Not only do I have today and tomorrow off from work, but my vape just arrived! Here's a picture of both my first weed grinder (space case titanium 2pc) and my first vaporizer (obviously, the handsome myrtlezap):

img0134a.jpg

Pics do it no justice.. in the sunlight the wood has this really cool effect, really looks stunning imo

Also, I ordered it 6 days ago (give or take a few hours) and it's already sitting here in my home. That's what I call fast!

flouris,
Top Bottom