Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
He might even be rural enough that he could get away with a Zap and a car cord. :lol:

I don't know...there seem to be some that still love that smoke. My good friend is that way still, despite my constant attempts to change her over. She vapes, but still loves to light up. For me, it's a clear choice. But for others, not so much. I've got to admit, I still like the idea of it, just not the taste. I sort of miss joints and my old pipe sometimes. :shrug:
I agree with this. I miss the idea of joints etc, but it is just nasty tasting. this is after three days in NYC without an option. the next trip I am going to find a way to take my MFLB. fuck combustion.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Oh, I have this great visual of the Zap team out trying to round up two wayward pigs with two ever so "helpful" dogs. Might be a chapter in a book here......great comedy material.

Glad to hear you have some able help Rick. Also great that sales are jumping. Always good to hear that Zapville is humming along! :D

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hahaha that's funny, my bro in law and I tried our hand at raising hogs, they are some honery critters. Got some great sausage and such off of both of em!

Nothing like growing your own bacon!

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
Pigs are very intelligent lwein. That is why they do not like to be herded. Here is how they feel about that. I know because I take some breaks by them and they tell me so.

"You fucking humans! We have been around you for thousands of years. We know your game. You grow us big or even small, then you kill us and eat us. And you RAVE about how good we are. Well, that is good as we like to please but there aint no fucking way we are going to go where you want us to go. We are going to hassle you every chance we get"

Oh and they are so neat. So personable and their eyes are like human eyes, very pretty ones. The way I look at it is we eat pork. These are two of the happiest pigs on earth. Not only do they get plenty of the bulk ton of local ground grain we bought but all the farm waste and kitchen organic garbage. We also have clover everywhere so pick them some fresh every day. That is their favorite of everything. They are true recyclers. The final part is done with calmness and love. They are cool with it.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I am very conflicted. I love pigs and have definitely considered getting one as a pet but I love bacon more than life.

tough one.

the ob,

B.

War Criminal
Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooooood.

Pigs know they're good. They'd be insulted if we didn't enjoy them :)

B.,

chucku

Charles Urbane
B. said:
Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooooood.

Pigs know they're good. They'd be insulted if we didn't enjoy them :)
Grilled (pork chops and apples) mmmmmmmmm.

chucku,

Rick

Zapman
Hey Screw, pigs are Vegans too! That's what makes them so good. Well, they will do chicken bones(calcium) and other non vegan delites if given the chance but basically they are vegans. Ours have a nice big pen with a small hillside to run around on. You would not want to chase them either. Since they are smart, us humans have to be smarter to manage them. It's really easy to do. Pigs. food. hooked.
Reminds me of a good one a wise man once told me regarding our tendency to take whatever we can.
"Remember Rick, a pig feeds at the trough. A hog goes to slaughter."

Rick,

aero18

vaporist
If I had to raise my own food, I would probably have to become a vegetarian. I get attached to animals too easily... Even mice get my sympathies.

aero18,

the ob

all good in the hood.
aero18 said:
If I had to raise my own food, I would probably have to become a vegetarian. I get attached to animals too easily... Even mice get my sympathies.
I agree with this as well. I do not want to raise an animal to kill it.

the ob,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My grandmother, who was right off the boat from Romania, used to raise animals for slaughter. She also bought live chickens. I can still see her swinging those babies around over her head to break their necks. One year, she had a goose. I was so infatuated with this guy. Then one day, he was gone. That night for dinner, she served him. Once I found out, I couldn't eat.
Funny, I'm no longer vegetarian, but "knowing" the animal prior to eating it isn't in the cards for me.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
That is what happens when you move to the country(almost 40 years ago). You get to see a different side of "killing". Now, if a person chooses the Vegan way, that is another story. But if one eats meat of any kind, your own is the way to go. Much healthier and the animal lived a happy life, not all penned up in jail all their life.
When we first moved to the country(Oregon '72), we we so full of all the good stuff. We adopted the neighbors beautiful German Shepherd that he was going to kill because she was a killer. No way was she a killer, we knew better. We would save her, even naming her Sarafina.
Did not take long for reality to bite us good. She killed chickens and anything she could find. Very sneaky about it too. Totally ignored all our love. Then she had pups. Then we found her with her head buried in the body of the neighbors pet lamb.
That was it. When you have to learn that sometimes you have to kill because it is your responsibility as the human in charge, kill an animal you love dearly, then killing for food is really very easy because it is part of the food flow. It was surely a life changing event.
I understand the abhorrence to killing but some of us eat meat besides veges. Our way is infinitely better than the meat factories.

Rick,

lwien

Rick said:
Pigs are very intelligent lwein. That is why they do not like to be herded.
Yeah, I read a recent study that they did with dogs, and contrary to the way most of us believe, they found that dogs who were harder to train were smarter than those that were easy to train.
The smarter dogs just wanted to do their own thing.

lwien,

Screwdriver

I became a vegan for health reasons, mainly because of all the anti-biotics, PCB's, mercury and GMO's in our food. I also have no problem with a person that raises their own animals and slaughters them yet still chooses to eat meat. It's the commercial feed lots and slaughterhouses that I have a problem with. I mean if people truly knew what was in and where their food came from, I think they would be shocked.

Screwdriver,

lwien

Screwdriver said:
It's the commercial feed lots and slaughterhouses that I have a problem with. I mean if people truly knew what was in and where their food came from, I think they would be shocked.

lwien,

Screwdriver

lwien said:
Screwdriver said:
It's the commercial feed lots and slaughterhouses that I have a problem with. I mean if people truly knew what was in and where their food came from, I think they would be shocked.
[url]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8619/200pxfoodinc.jpg[/url]
Iwein, did you see this movie. It was pretty interesting.

Now since you talk about health all the time, you should read the book "Healthy at 100" by John Robbins. It's not a vegan, or even a vegetarian book. It just chronicles the eating habits of different cultures that have a high rate of people that live well into their 100's.

Screwdriver,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
My sister actually had a pet pig named Penny, and she had it house broken and kept her like a dog. She co-existed just fine with the two dogs that my sister had at the time. She ultimately had to go outside when she got too large to keep in the house. One Christmas I was invited to my sisters for a ham dinner, and it turned out to be Penny, honest to God. She didn't tell me until I ate a couple of large portions; I was devastated and horrified. I loved that pig just like I loved my sisters dogs. I even used to hold her in my lap when I visited. I still haven't gotten over it after all these years. I mean, how could you eat your pet?

Lycanthrope,

lwien

Lycanthrope said:
My sister actually had a pet pig named Penny, and she had it house broken and kept her like a dog. She co-existed just fine with the two dogs that my sister had at the time. She ultimately had to go outside when she got too large to keep in the house. One Christmas I was invited to my sisters for a ham dinner, and it turned out to be Penny, honest to God. She didn't tell me until I ate a couple of large portions; I was devastated and horrified. I loved that pig just like I loved my sisters dogs. I even used to hold her in my lap when I visited. I still haven't gotten over it after all these years. I mean, how could you eat your pet?
That's just too fucking weird. It's one thing to go hunting and eat what you kill or to raise livestock with the sole purpose to provide food, but how in the hell do you kill an animal that you have bonded with, such as a pet, for food. I mean, like, WTF is that? That's just so fucking alien to me. Not even in the realm of an inkling of acceptability in my mind. It's actually kind of incestuous, if you know what I mean. The parallels are there. :(

But on a lighter note: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGObGID6Cr4

lwien,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
Haha not that I don't love this conversation and where it is going, I actually do have a couple questions on the Zap! I have been looking in to these "log" type vapes for the last couple weeks and after reading all of the FC forums for all 3 (WDZ, Zap, PD) Rick you have defintely won my vote over your competitors. "You have the option of substituting a third vapor stem for the car/RV adapter and led or no led "on" light and wood preference when you order" that is on your primo kit ordering info page and I was wondering if I have to substitute the stem for the led light? or am I combining those two ideas you you get to choose either way if you want the led light. also I heard that the led lights are the first thing to go on a vape like this, how easy are they to replace or can I replace it? Could i perhaps substitute the third stem for a 13v charger instead of the car charger? I will probably get a car charger down the road anyways but I'm really only going to be using this at the casa so its not something I really worry myself with but i'd like to be able to adjust my temp now and then that sounds amazing to me. P.S. love the whole concept of these vapes I cant believe I do not own one already they look beautiful and I can't wait to start stretching out my herb even more than just vaping in general! Fuck combustion!
P.P.S. I buy all of my meats from local farmers just for that reason and I love to support small buisnesses I think they are the underappreciated backbone of america! and I would lve to raise them myself if i had the time and land to do it ;)

Goodlife101,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Hi Goodlife, good to see you make the Zap decision. I don't think you will be sorry as this is a wonderful little vape.

With the primo Zap option, you can choose between a car charger and a third stock stem. The led option is a separate choice and you can choose to either have one or not. I can't speak for how easy the led is to replace; I've opted to not get them in any of my personal vapes. The vape I bought as a present does have an led and that person loves it. Just a matter of preference. I personally don't want to "mess up" the wood grain with a light. I'm sure Rick can shed some info on how hard it is to replace, if needed.
You will not need a 13.5 v adapter. The new design holds heat better. There was one that was purchased recently with a large knot in the wood that was preventing it from getting up to the heat preferred. That is not the norm. The 13.5 was used more with the old design to break them in. Once broken in, those don't even need the higher voltage. So really, the only decisions you have to make are color, choice between stem and car adapter, and led or no led. And you will love the glass Tooty stem that comes with it.
You are not going to believe how much less herb you will use with this vape. I remember my first stemful, after vaping I blew out the duff, and was totally amazed at how little there was. If you have any questions after getting it on how to use it, don't hesitate to ask. There's all kinds of Zap heads here to help you out. :D

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
First, pets, pigs and food.
Once you go down the raise your own meat road with an animal, you become friends by giving them good shelter, food, clean water and some space. You get to know them. Scratch ears, grunt at them, etc. BUT the relationship is NEVER that of a "pet". The animal and the human know whats up. It is an arms length friendship but nothing like a dog or cat, etc. You only get so close with your food animals. The main point is to feed them good and give them a happy life while they are here. Pigs always have their destiny. They are not supposed to be pets in the house. That is a dead end road.
Goodlife
The choices in our new store are pretty clear and mom explained them as much as I could. You do not have to give up the third stem for no led, etc. If you have any questions, just run some stuff through the shopping cart and price it with the discount. Then you can zero it out. The cart will show all your choices and the total price.
Here we go again. One more time. To the best of my knowledge and memory, WE HAVE NEVER HAD AN LED FAIL. Cannot be much clearer than that. They are easy to replace on Zaps but we never have had to do that. I'm sure it is easy to confuse some issues about log vapes when you read all those pages, back and forth. led failure has never been an issue..........in ten years........
Also remember the Primo comes with a stem holder too. Will get a pic up soon but have been too busy for anything but keeping orders going out the door. The last seven days were the biggest 7 days we have had since our heyday times in 2003/4. Thanks to all here and somewhere as many orders are not using the discount.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
I said it before and Ill say it again. I love pigs. I would love one as a pet. they are so cool. I love all animals.

I also could live on bacon. Bacon is the reason I think there is a god.

This just means I could never have a pig as a pet. I would consider myself a meatatarian.

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
I didn't speak with my sister for about 2-years after the incident. Who remembers Green Acres TV show in the 70s where a family named the Ziffels had a pet pig named Arnold? I kind of think that this pig thing has just about run it's course.

Lycanthrope,
Top Bottom