Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Got to say, I'm really enjoying all these pics that are being posted. :D

flouris, what a beautiful Zap! I know what you mean about the grain and sunlight. It makes the grain really trippy; like it's got a life of it's own. I know what you're going to be doing the next two days! If you have any questions, give us a holler.

Goodlife, I just know you will love your Zap. Can't wait to see it.

Great news ranDUMB. Looking forward to seeing what you get. I know Rick will have something nice for you.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

vcasal2

Nice MZ flouris! If i had to guess, i would say yours was cut from the same piece of wood as mine. Same dark line offset to the middle, grain lines, and trippy waves.

Rick, do you think the knot is sucking THAT much heat? I'm completely satisfied with the way the 13.5v performs as of now. I can only imagine i will only need it for another 2 months or so of use, that seems to be the general consensus of break in time here. At this point im sort of attached to my piece but of course would want my zap to be the "best" it could be. If the knot will suck less heat over time i can wait.

Glad this place exists because i have so many questions. I need to do some stem cleaning already. Everclear is 'banned' in the town that i live in as well as anything else over 120 proof(id have to drive about an hour to get some), some 'shine' would be even harder to come by. Would isopropyl alcohol be safe and do the trick?

vcasal2,

flouris

Thanks all! I've had a few friends come and go today, all of them are thoroughly impressed with the Myrtlezap - myself included! I actually gave away my pipe and lighter today, sticking soley to the vaporizer now.

Is keeping it on 24/7 a bad idea? I figure as much as I'll be using it, turning it off or even setting a timer wouldn't even be worth it - but the wood does get a bit warm so I didn't know if it would warp the wood or if anything negative can happen from keeping it constantly plugged in?

Also, I haven't read enough of this thread but I see talk about using a 13.5v adapter for a few months then switching to the 12? Why is this? I was contemplating getting the 13.5v after one of my friends was here today and after we each got about 2-3 good pulls off the zap it seemed to not work as strong.. the wood wasn't as warm and no matter how many times we tried emptying and "repacking" (I use that term loosely) the stems we were getting nothing really.. but an hour later we hit it repeatedly and it gave solid hits without fail. Maybe it was still warming up? (it had been on about 2 hours).

Anyway, it's been working great ever since and I couldn't be happier.

flouris,

vcasal2

flouris, you probably dont need the 13.5v with this new design as most poeple here say. I was getting about 1-3 very whispy hits off the 12v when i first got my zap. Definitely working but the ABV was more green than brown. Like its been said a million times, make sure its very dry that helps. Also the can koozy trick works quite well to retain heat in the absence of a 13.5v, but i like to look at my wood :brow:

Rick, any possibility flouris' and my zap's were cut from the same slab? I'm not a wood expert but it kinda looks like it. Maybe we have a denser than normal wood (and mine has the large knot as well).

vcasal2,

flouris

Yes, I ran out of my dry/ground weed and the new stuff I bought today is definitely moist/sticky.. not easy to grind but it is now sitting in the open and drying out rather quickly. I've been pulling some really nice hits all night so I think everything is alright. The abv is golden/tan and smells like popcorn so I'm pretty sure I'm getting most of the good stuff vaped out properly. My only dislike is how hot the tip of the mouthpiece gets on a long/slow drag, I think I burnt my lip earlier. Do the glass ones get as hot?

flouris,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
vcasal, using ISO to clean the stems is perfectly safe. But, because it isn't as strong as Everclear, etc., don't let your stems get too gunked up before you clean them. It will be much easier. Just give them a little rinse with hot water after they've been cleaned.

And flouris, these vapes are made to be kept on 24/7. No harm will be done to your Zap and I think you might find it keeps it's heat better when it's been kept on. I have found that my Zap feels a little hotter to the touch some times and not others. I think it all has to do with current in the wall socket perhaps fluctuating depending on how much draw it is getting from other things, and not so much the Zap itself. It can also seem to run hotter when it's really hot outside (I don't have air conditioning). I have never had a problem with the stock stems getting too hot at the mouth end. The glass does cool the vapor down considerably. The coolest hits IMO are from the PlaneJanes. I prefer the Tooty though for daily use because of the shape and size. If you can't spring for the glass right now, the silicon tubing also cools things down a lot.

momofthegoons,

Rick

Zapman
vcasal2
Those were not from the same block but the lighter wood is slightly denser than most of the chocolate shaded Myrtle wood. They should all be kept on 24/7 for the initial break in period. Since you like your wood, hang on to it a bit longer. It should eventually run fine on 12 volts. If not, let me know.
Not sure how one would burn their lips on the stock stem unless you touched the brass tip right after use.
The stems will not clog so quickly if the tip contents are vaped very thoroughly. I think people leave goodies in the tip and the goo builds up quicker. Take another pull when you think it is done. We go for months with the same tip. We also vape only bone dry material.
Keep it on 24/7 flouris.

Off to see the Wizard today. I will be glad to get this day done.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
flouris said:
Thanks all! I've had a few friends come and go today, all of them are thoroughly impressed with the Myrtlezap - myself included! I actually gave away my pipe and lighter today, sticking soley to the vaporizer now.

Is keeping it on 24/7 a bad idea? I figure as much as I'll be using it, turning it off or even setting a timer wouldn't even be worth it - but the wood does get a bit warm so I didn't know if it would warp the wood or if anything negative can happen from keeping it constantly plugged in?

Also, I haven't read enough of this thread but I see talk about using a 13.5v adapter for a few months then switching to the 12? Why is this? I was contemplating getting the 13.5v after one of my friends was here today and after we each got about 2-3 good pulls off the zap it seemed to not work as strong.. the wood wasn't as warm and no matter how many times we tried emptying and "repacking" (I use that term loosely) the stems we were getting nothing really.. but an hour later we hit it repeatedly and it gave solid hits without fail. Maybe it was still warming up? (it had been on about 2 hours).

Anyway, it's been working great ever since and I couldn't be happier.
flouris,
everyone leaves these plugged in 24/7 exempt for me because I get concerned about leaving anything on 24/7. It should be perfectly fine however. I do not think you should have a need for a 13.5 as the new heat ports work more effectively than the older ones. I will say that your product should be very dry (much different than combusting) and that the way you pack it makes a tremendous difference. you will need to play around with it to get it right. I have been doing it a while and still do not get the pack right sometimes.

The glass do work very effectively. I would recommend one of those for sure.

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Vcasal, just as Mom said, the ISO is safe to use for stem cleaning, but is defiantly not for consumption as in using it to make green dragon. Do not under any circumstances consume the ISO. :(
It took my Zap about 1-1/2 months of daily use before I was consistently getting really good hits on the 12V. It will deliver hits as good as the 13V after the break in period, and provide you with a very nice taste. I too leave mine on 24/7 with the 12V as this will facilitate the break in.
When exhaling your vapor always exhale into a light source to see the vapor. Not exhaling into a light source makes seeing the vapor very difficult if at all, and you may think that youre not getting anything. Vapor unlike smoke is difficult to see.
In summation, use very dry herb, ground to a fine consistency (course ground pepper), and dont pack the stem too tight or too loose, then take very slow long draws. It may take you a few times to get the stem pack just right. For me, I found that the stem packing and the draw were the most important aspects of achieving good vapor. Hope this helps you out. The people on this site are very experienced, and willing to help out with just about any question related to vaping.
Im glad you like your Zap, and like us youll grow to like it even more as time goes on. :D

Lycanthrope,

flouris

Excellent - thanks all for the tips and advice! I have all day today to toy around with the zap :D

flouris,

Rick

Zapman
The Wizard was so sweet. She put a very nice end to the wedding story that some may be aware of. She was the prosecutor, determining what to do with three charges against me. DUI, posess of MJ and posess of paraphanalia. One a potential biggee, two bad but not as bad as the first. Busted big time. To jail, bailed out, home at daybreak instead of 10 the night before. Never been busted, never had a DUI. Big deal for these old country hicks. Bigger deal for son #2 that got married. He is having a tough time accepting it all.

So we go in, my lawyer and me(2 hrs one way) and he tells me about penalties, what to expect, etc, etc. We have a ball talking because we go back to 1980 or so. No metal detectors in this courthouse. We meet with the prosecutor and exchange small talk. Then she looks at Jeff and says.........."so what do you have in mind?" He says we would like to go down to inattentive driving on the DUI and we will cop to the posess charges as Rick is self employed so the drug thing will not affect him that much. She threw out the MJ posess charge as there was really nothing.......a trace which they called a gram. So she starts going through her fine chart on the posess and shakes her head................no, I am throwing that one out too. So I go up to the clerk and dole out less than 4 bills and go on my way. All done. No more. It is over. Wow, how quick, maybe 5 minutes. No judge. Hours literally of police work gone that quick. It helped much that I blew under, am 64 and had a clean record.
Zaplady BTW was strong and calm through the entire affair. She was a hero in many ways.
Since I got a lawyer, we got to see all the discovery of police reports and video tape so we learned even more.
If packing a log type vape, only keep the flower with it. It is totally safe that way. Vapor stems of any kind will turn it 180 degrees. No, they had absolutely no clue as to what it was........at first.

End of that story. Now on with life. Back to safe Zapville. And it will NOT happen again. Kind of like a speeding ticket. If you do not speed, you will not get a speeding ticket. The fun can wait til we are home from now on.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
This is a college town. University of Idaho and Washington State University 7 miles away. A different culture, college towns.
And for fucking sure I just lucked out. For some reason we got her sympathy. When we got to the car I told Jeff "my god, on that last throw out SHE was working for me!"
I am always grateful for everything in our life. This one though. A big massive thank you.
I was standing there when the officer had to give me 15 minutes before I blew, taking secret deep deep breaths trying to dilute my blood alcohol. Asking the Universe to help me. After my second blow, he immediately arrested me and his demeanor changed. He was not happy I blew under(.053, .052). That had much to do with the outcome. Not an easy case for the prosecution. This is all public record BTW.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Great news Rick! I think it says it all in your signature, "you get what you give." I'm thinking you had some good karma working for you. :) Congratulations. I know it's a huge relief.

momofthegoons,

Franko420

I have been lurking around here reading about the log vapes and decided on a Zap :cool:

Ordered a Primo Deluxe Myrtle Kit Sat. night (light wood).

I have read over all the pages in this thread and feel I have a pretty good grasp of product usage and maintenance (stem cleaning, rubbing wood etc.), but it sure is refreshing to see so many willing to help if needed :D

I 1st used a vaporizer in 1993 @ SIU (met these guys at a NORMAL meeting who had it), one of those home made boxes. It was a metal box with a car cig. lighter poking through the top, there was a red button on the side to heat up the coils (had to hold the button in, then let it go if you saw smoke). Recently I went to my local head shop and saw they had vaporizers and was like a kid in a candy store. I purchased it for $80 took it home warmed it up (for the recommended time on 400) then took the temp down to 300, while waiting for it to cool I hear a crack (damn). Yep the glass cracked, not the whip but the stem sticking out of the box (box was built like the vaporbros.) Took it back as it hadnt been used yet and they gave me another, wouldnt ya know the same thing happened :mad: Now they wanna give me another one but I dont want it, but I can't get a refund only exchange :mad: At this point I read up on the web about vapes and was drawn to the log vapes, I then read all the log vape threads here and made my choice. Which brings me to present day, a Zap ower in waiting :D

Franko420,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Goodlife101 said:
Rick I so glad that whole ordeal worked out so quick and clean that is awesome my man! You deserve a break as do many hard working and honest people! You are the man Rick and I am highly anticipating zap I havent been this excited over anything in a long time, I really don't find things I fall in love with very often.
Very true! Rick I am happy for you and do wish you nothing but many blessings!

Goodlife, I know your anxious to get that MZ and sure it will be like Christmas opening that box up, congratulations!

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
Franko
Just checked my "list". Looks like if I have a good day, your order will ship tomorrow for an expected Saturday arrival. Thanks much for choosing a Zap.
We lost a Zapville day yesterday but today we are bright eyed and bushy tailed with another happy fire under our ass. The Myrtle chips and dust will be flying today.
We should have some more product pics up by the weekend. Took a website break for a couple weeks.
I might even give my old grinder guy a call. We used to supply them with every order. Was kind of funny at the local post office every time a couple hundred "garlic grinders" would arrive from Canada. Little poly carbonate colored things but they work like a charm.

Rick,

the ob

all good in the hood.
rick,
I am really happy to hear that things worked out for you on the legal front. sometimes karma works the way it is supposed to.

I have noticed that you and I are consistently up at the ass-crack of dawn. owning your business will do that to you.....

congrats again.

welcome franco. wow, there are so many new zap owners coming every day! the new website must be doing the trick. welcome everyone!

the ob,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Rick, thats great news concerning your past troubles. Sometimes the force is with you as in this case. If anyone deserves a break, you do. Getting grinders for sale would be a really good idea making you just about a one stop shop. Things just keep getting better.

Lycanthrope,
Top Bottom