Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
For those of you who have been wondering how to reclaim the resin out of your wood stems from Ed's, he has found some cotton pipe cleaners that he says should work and be safe to reclaim from. He will get them in stock next week. I'm sure all the info will be on his thread for those of you who are interested.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes

Rick

Zapman
No big deal really. Except to us. Almost ten years til this.
We will appreciate all comments and still have lots to do so we will be changing daily.
The main addition is
www.aromazap.com/shop
Oh yes, Email me for a discount code if you want to buy anything.

Rick,

disco

Ooo baby, just ordered :) Gave my da buddha/ehle bong combo to my buddy in exchange for this. Looking for something easier to use and more portable. This definitely fits the bill... this waiting game is gonna suck!

disco,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
But disco, you wont have very long to wait, that's the beauty! I know you will enjoy your new Zap when it comes. Be sure to post a picture since we do love to see all those pretty Zaps out there. ;)

Congratulations Rick!!!! The new website looks fabulous. Long time coming, but this was worth the wait. Very user friendly, lots of options.... :clap:

momofthegoons,

disco

Definitely, I'm hoping to get it by the end of next week... but if not it's all good! Pics and a review will be mandatory :D

So. Damn. Excited!

disco,

the ob

all good in the hood.
rick,
NICE WEBSITE!! very well done. I know this has taken a while. I know how difficult it can be to get a website up and going. it is a lot of work. You have done a fantastic job. very well organized and I like the clickable options within the groups. I think this is going to be a great thing for you guys. you must be very pleased.

the ob,

disco

Yeah, my two cents on the website...

it's great, but it seems the Internet Explorer users have been left behind. The cool text effects that CSS has brought to the plate don't crossover to IE7, and it really dumbs the layout down a lot (making the navigation hard to read, other areas bland, etc.)

I'm a FireFox user and promoter, but as a web designer I can tell you that most users will still be running on the lame crap that came with the other crap that is called Windows. It's sad, I know, but I speak the truth :)

disco,

Screwdriver

Rick awesome site.....best of the wood convection vape sites, imho. I also assume you have put off any idea of retirement until at least 2015....:lol:

disco

Looking at the site in IE7, Chrome and Firefox I only notice slight differences....but nothing that has the IE7 people missing anything that would matter. Plus IE7 is less standards compliant then other browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and Opera. I think Ricks designer built the site the way I would. I will say that I haven't checked it on IE8 as I am having an issue with it and our dot net apps, but have heard that IE8 is more standards compliant and renders sites closer to the other compliant browsers. People are also moving to IE8 pretty fast, so it should not be a problem for long.

Screwdriver,

Rick

Zapman
We will be tweaking the site almost daily but may take a day or two off right now. Already I have more FAQs to do, based on recent questions and another product in 'accessories', the good old "tite kit" we used to give away years ago. We will charge now but not much. Takes the rattle out of ALL log vapes. What happens is the original clip, or internal retaining ring, will re-seat in a burned groove and not keep it all tight when you try to re-seat it. A second ring over the top of the first, grabbing fresh wood, will keep it all tight for a long time. Wood and heat do not mix well so we need to adjust with time.

Now I need to get busy figuring out how slick I can manage orders with my storefront. Unreal tools I can use. I will not say how archaic our old method was. Kind of neat because I am 98% caught up on 'old' orders so am starting this new system with no order back up. That was a good thing. Thanks to all that gave us a shot since last night. The train is rolling again with new tracks but the same old locomotive.

So my discount code is fc710a for any who want it. Save me more Emailing. Good through the end of the month. Then we will figure out something else.
Thanks again for all the support.

Rick,

Rick

Zapman
My apologies for assuming my solution would work on the PD.
Thanks for reminding me to stay to AZ only.
Works very well on zaps though. Another advantage to using brass is having the top plate soldered to the center tube and a reinforcing bushing in between the two, as we do. So our second ring works just fine for AZ.
You of all people also know lwein that Tom and I have different opinions about many, many issues.
Glad to see you on our thread. Did you check out our new website?
edit for:
Shit lwein, I see you took off your statement that the tite kit solution would not work for the PD. It was fine with me..............or did you find it would work for the PD?

Rick,

lwien

I found out that the kit would work but that how the kit was applied would not work.

And yes, I did check out your new website. Very nice, Rick.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
Thanks lwein
That is exactly what I thought but did not comment on that issue for peace.
Glad you took a peek at the website. Our glass is also very versatile in function. Just heard from a customer that our Tooty cools the vapor so well she is not going to use the water/bong/etc setup anymore. Simple and inexpensive too. They clean up real nice.
Gee wizz, sounds like I'm trying to make a sale!

Rick,

lwien

Rick said:
Thanks lwein
Just heard from a customer that our Tooty cools the vapor so well she is not going to use the water/bong/etc setup anymore. Simple and inexpensive too. They clean up real nice.
Gee wizz, sounds like I'm trying to make a sale!
Rick, I use hot water in my bong to add warm moisture to the vapor to help my lungs to more efficiently process the vapor I'm inhaling. Cooling it was never really a concern. As a matter of fact, when I loaded up ice in my bong, the results were less than satisfactory, but I do realize that there are some who are really sensitive to warm vapor. For me, that was never an issue.

lwien,

Rick

Zapman
lwein, thanks for the clarification on your use of extra tools with your log vape.
I do know we only use our Tootys around here now. Have not used a regular stem in several weeks.
We do think they are a nice addition to the lineup here at Zapville, especially with customer comments on them. And you know, they are very innovative too. The insert/removable tip combo have never been seen before to my knowledge. Add to that the simple effective design of the glass and they are available to the general public. See how good competition is for customers? I expect someone else will have them before long.

Rick,

lwien

Rick said:
I expect someone else will have them before long.
lol.....you guys are funny. Neither one of you let an opportunity go by. ;)

But wait, wasn't he the first to offer glass stems thru CD ??

lol........don't answer. It'll just start a mini-war between the tribes.

lwien,

disco

@ screwdriver

I know it's a minimal difference, but the main navigation is the biggest toll I've seen hit. http://a.imagehost.org/0723/pointers.jpg - and yes, many people are flocking to IE8, but it's still nowhere near the amount of people still on IE7/IE6. Luckily, I'm sure most of the fuckcombustion community has educated themselves one time or another in how bad that browser is, so Rick shouldn't worry as much... but all I'm saying is that there a ways around the default CSS decorating. Z-Index can be utilized to stack text, providing a shadow effect similar to the "text-shadow" CSS property - of course this is a huge pain in the ass to do and probably isn't worth the effort.

Either way, I'm digging the new site as well. ** (Removed in respect to Tom)

Rick also let me know that my Zap should be arriving Wednesday or Thursday... next week is going to be one to remember :D (if my memory doesn't get shot, that is!)

disco,

lwien

disco said:
It's worlds better than Purple Days' god awful mashup, and a lot more user friendly.
Fuck, you just had to go there, eh? For me, I like both sites. I like the polish of Ricks site and like the down-home feel of Tom's site.

But hey, I use Firefox on an iMac, so what in the hell do I know. ;)

lwien,

disco

Haha damn skippy I went there :p His site looks like something I would see on my old Pentium I 66mhz rig :o To each their own, I guess. Then again, I've yet to browse Tom's site while vaped so I'm probably not feeling the comfort zone as much as you (the background is quite relaxing now that I think about it...)

disco,

Rick

Zapman
lwein, don't get so touchy. He was commenting as some kind of professional about a website. Good Lord, sure am glad my folks are not so touchy about some crap I have gotten personally about what a worthless prick I am.
Anyway, I do want to remind us all here, lets stay to AZ stuff. The past example by disco could have said "a competitors site" or something like that. We do not want to pull any triggers here except the one that sends folks to our site for goodies.
We are very proud of our new website and surely do appreciate the comments, even if one got someone going, right after that same person tried to get me going then acted like he was kidding.(yes, you WERE kidding lwein, right?)
Our glass BTW is offered through our website and is in stock always. It is also totally different at the business end than CDs. Not what we saw from CD who offered the glass. His is in a different category also in my book. Fancy mostly. Very cool for those who like that. Ours is meant to be just a simple small functional glass stem.
BTW lwein, I personally like to read your posts, especially here. It would be nice if you could move from defender to neutral observer on this thread. It seems you mostly, if not always comment to correct us in some way in relation to another product. I look forward to just regular old BS.
And fuck yes. I am going to use FC more now to push my product. That is why they allow us to have our own thread. I am proud of our website now. I also have a very good extra hand on board if I need to amp up production.

Rick,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Ah, we love you anyway lwien. :lol: I love your posts too so glad to see you around this neck of the woods too.

Rick, good to see you on here so much too. Yes indeed, there is definitely a new wind blowing through Zapville. You have a reason to be proud of your new website and a reason to be proud of the products that you carry. And if you can't promote your own products on your own thread, what the heck, right? I have a feeling that we aren't done being surprised by you.

momofthegoons,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
Ah, we love you anyway lwien. :lol: I love your posts too so glad to see you around this neck of the woods too.

Rick, good to see you on here so much too. Yes indeed, there is definitely a new wind blowing through Zapville. You have a reason to be proud of your new website and a reason to be proud of the products that you carry. And if you can't promote your own products on your own thread, what the heck, right? I have a feeling that we aren't done being surprised by you.
I agree with all of this........
digging healthy, stealthy and wealthy

the ob,

reece

This is happening a bit too much. I make a post, come back to find the post isn't there. Either someone has it in for me or I'm seriously spacing out. I have to lean towards the former because it just couldn't be me. So whoever it is, please stop deleting my posts. Also, I have notices a few emails I have composed don't get to their destination. Almost as if I write the email and then forget to hit "send." Obviously, whoever is deleting my posts here is also blocking some of my emails. That seems like the only logical conclusion.

Congrats on the site, Rick, and thanks for the discount code. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the future. And I find the glass stems do seem to lessen the need for a water pipe. And though I was skeptical of the length (shorter tooties), I've come around to enjoy it greatly. The Zap is no longer directly in my face. I also like the interchangeable stem tips. Can't wait until you have those wood stems available.

Now if I can just remember to hit "submit."

reece,
Top Bottom