Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

lwien

I don't use any tubing. I just put the stem of the vape in the downstream and hold the vape upside down on the stem and hit. Works great for me, and there's less condensation going on because there's no extra tubing being used. No adapters needed. Simple and works great.

Here's a vid of the Ehle being used this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CyUO5o4HIw&feature=related
Even easier with the mini for the reasons stated above.

lwien,

dkbs

sounds kickass.. i guess i just didnt think you would get a airtight fit between the two. i see you have the pd lwien, have you tried it with the mz? i am guessing you have B.

dkbs

dkbs,

lwien

dkbs said:
sounds kickass.. i guess i just didnt think you would get a airtight fit between the two. i see you have the pd lien, have you tried it with the mz? i am guessing you have B.

dkbs
I have not tried it with the MZ.

lwien,

mnmlh

dkbs said:
sounds kickass.. i guess i just didnt think you would get a airtight fit between the two. i see you have the pd lwien, have you tried it with the mz? i am guessing you have B.

dkbs
Yeah, these stems (but check with Rick in case he has used some new stem stock) and the PD ones fit into a 14mm GonG joint perfectly. I was skeptical when I first heard that, but it's fine. I even replaced a GonG tubing adapter I have with some blank stock ordered from Rick to fit on the end of some tubing.

mnmlh,

mnmlh

I wanted to add one more thing about the HVY, which might be pretty important to some people. Due to the small "lip" joint on the tube, the downstem does not stay in place as well. It is easy, however, to use the edge of your thumb to hold it in place when pulling the MZ stem out. No biggie. Once again, if you damage the joint, just get another one. ;)

mnmlh,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think I may post a vid of me, my Zap and my HVY glass sometime.

Maybe over the weekend or something. :)

AGBeer,

Bushido

I heard somewhere that if you are apart of the FC community, you get 1 extra stem. Is that true? If it is, how do i get it.

Bushido,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
When you order your MZ mention it in the comments section when paying.

Be sure to include your FC username

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
Actually the offer is open to members and lurkers. I do not need a user name, just mention FC when ordering. That offer only applies to a MyrtleZap order.
Thanks for all the good glass info all. Looks like we are getting the one that will work best for us......and then the price........seems like a real deal.

Rick,

B.

War Criminal
Looks like this little conversation caused the mini beaker to sell out. I drool over the goods at aqualab almost daily, and I'm pretty sure that the mini beakers have been for sale for a while. Today, we talk about 'em, tonight, they're sold out. Coincidence?

B.,

mnmlh

Haha! I have noticed they come into and go out of stock pretty quickly. When I saw they had some, I immediately snagged it. I don't think they had any in stock when I ordered the EHLE a few months ago. HVY owes me something! :p

mnmlh,

Rick

Zapman
I just Emailed them about my order, made early yesterday AM, asking if my order would be filled. Here is what I got back from them. Good to see them keeping up with demand.

You should be fine.

We also have more coming on Monday.

Thank you for choosing Aqua Lab Technologies.com

update:
Shipped today, Priority mail. Should be here Monday. Hard to beat that.
What amazed me is when I went to the site and saw the other glass they offer(Aqua Lab). I cannot believe the money people spend on fancy glass. The Mini beaker was so much less than anything else they have.

Rick,

caseball2051

lookin forward to pullin the trigger on on e of these beauties. rick has been very kind, quick and informative in his emails!

caseball2051,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Hey Rick, I look forward to see how you like the glass, now that you've grown to like the tubing...

MoeOnTheMoon,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Strangely enough, I think that I noticed 'bigger' hits from the Zap when using the tubing as well. I dont get it either... Maybe longer path = vapor leverage?

Rockin... Vapor Leverage it is. Wanna start a band?

AGBeer,
AGBeer said:
Strangely enough, I think that I noticed 'bigger' hits from the Zap when using the tubing as well. I dont get it either... Maybe longer path = vapor leverage?

That does seem to be the common consensus, which is really weird. Common sense and general mechanical principles would tell me the opposite. i.e. that a longer hose would reduce the efficiency. Maybe there is some kind of cumulative increase at a point before it gets too long?

I am sure most of us were stoned or skipping class the day they covered that effect in Science Class. ;)

Howie Feltersnatch,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
AGBeer said:

I play Bass....

rbrown13,

mnmlh

The tubing with 1/2" ID creates a much larger pressure change than the one of the MZ stem. I don't know how else to explain it. Maybe an engineer can help us out. :lol:

mnmlh,

rbrown13

Hey folks I just wanted to show my custom aroma cup, I like the little cup that comes with the unit but I use this MZ in my shop and I love peppermint oil I'm in and out of my shop all day and when I walk in I like to be greeted by that peppermint aroma, well the small cup just didn't last long enough so I got a 1/2" copper cap and did a little mod to it so not to burn my thumb and finger when removing the cup from the unit here are couple of pics.

It is a small piece of copper wire a couple 1/16" holes a little twist of the wire and you have a little aroma bucket that at half full of oil/distilled water will put off aroma for hours...
9e54dd05.jpg

And here it is hard at work....
2889ca5d.jpg

rbrown13,

rbrown13

And here it is with it's cozy, I'm really not into Ed Hardy stuff I asked my wife to pick me up a beer cozy and liking the stuff she likes she brought this home but it's starting to grow on me. you can see were I made a hole for the led to show through, just wanted to share.
IMG_0081.jpg

rbrown13,

rbrown13

Here's what I did I cut a stem in half I then drilled into the two halves about 3/4" with a bit a little smaller than 3/8" and push the tubing into the two halves. I have done some turning on the end that goes to the vape as soon as I finish it I will post more pics, oh and I forgot to mention the draw is much improved.
3d3bffcc.jpg

rbrown13,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Thats rockin man! Very cool.

Im a drummer and we are on different coasts. :(

Ironically, it appears that the West Coast folk seem to be more in tuned with music and other musicians. Ever since I came to VA I have had the hardest time gelling with other musicians. Back in AZ, me and a few guys could go from 0 to setlist in a couple of months. Out here, I almost question why I still play. (Or it takes us much longer to finally click)

AGBeer,
Top Bottom