Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
caseball2051 said:
how discrete is the shipping? should be pickin mine up tomorrow :)
It looks like a box.

Take it out of the box and it looks like a diffuser.

You have NOTHING to worry about :)

AGBeer,

caseball2051

Wasnt worried, just curious because it was held up before sending to my college's post office. Hoping it was just a timing/rain thing and not something more than that. i expected nothing less from rick. hes been great to deal with, very accommodating.

just curious more than anything! but thanks for the quick reply. cant wait to do an extensive indepth review for future buyers.

caseball2051,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Hello all,

I got to say that I had know idea that vaporizing was even out there, needless to say a whole community of people that are into it and it is such a big deal to those that do it. You guys take it very serious here. I had a guy turn me onto this site and after reading everyone's story and info, I was intrigued. It wasn't long before I ran into to Rick from Aromazap and before I knew it I had one in my hand!!!

image27221.jpg

I had never seen one in person, nor do I know anyone that does it. I asked around, and nobody knows anything. I do live outside a small town in the sticks down in the frickin country, sweet old Dixie, here in Mississippi so that's probably why. Rick sent me the most amazing Myrtle Burl Zap that he said I could call it what ever I like so its the BurleeZap for me.

The pkg came neatly and discreetly shipped with a couple of days. It is well pkg-ed. and has everything I needed. I had a guy give me a little personal instruction on how to use it and was off and running shortly afterward. I tried this way and tried that way and found that -

The drier your herb the better and the finer the better! I got some great draws from it after the 2nd to 3rd round. The buzz is different though, not like smoking but very manageable and enjoyable. The taste of the inhale is crisp as it smells in the sack, the clean feeling you get from the exhale is a plus. Its gonna take some getting used to, but I am enjoying it. The craftsmanship of the piece is STUNNING!! Rick says I do great work but he is the one who does great work! I am very satisfied with this piece and am recommend it to anyone.

Ed's TnT,

Rick

Zapman
We did a little trading with Ed. I got some real nice pipes and a couple dugouts plus some other stuff. Ed does some amazing work with wood and he has some very exotic species he works with.
I sent him some Myrtlewood that did not fit my dimension specs so maybe he will do Myrtle too. She has been very good to us. His piece was the match to collegerowers Myrtle. Only two pieces from that chunk of burl. Nice pic Ed and thanks for the good words from a fellow wood craftsman.
mnmlh
Got the mini beaker last Monday, very quick delivery. We tried it but to be honest, the simple folks thing is pretty strong here in Zapville. We like it and will use it but rarely. The tubing addition seems to be just the ticket for us. Simple, easy and effective.
All our orders are shipped in a standard USPS box or a padded mailer. The sender and ship to address are the only words on the box.
You all are keeping us real busy and we appreciate it. My parts suppliers love it, as much of the economy is still in the stall mode. Kinda cool as businesses are getting special attention these days to keep them ordering.
Looks like I am going to delegate some farm work this year. Darn!

Rick,

mnmlh

Rick - Thanks for your comments on the HVY. It's fun to try new things. Glad business is good! To know that we are helping some niche market people stay in business, who do something that they are passionate about, feels good.

Ed- Happy to hear you took our advice and looked into a Myrtlezap! I think with time, one adjusts to the subtleties of vaping, and the unit itself starts to work a little better too. Maybe you can try your hand at some special wooden stems and the like. :brow:

If you miss the stony effect from smoking, be sure to try out a 13.5v adapter, which will get results closer to what you are used to. I imagine since you produce small pipes that the harshness won't be a factor for you (it will kills the taste a bit, and will be harsher.)

mnmlh,

caseball2051

I got mine today and shes a beauty. Cant wait to test her out this weekend when i go home from school. Thanks to rick. he was very accommodating and easy to do business with.

Gonna spread this guy around and hopefully drum up some more business for him.

pics and full review incoming in the next week or so

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
caseball
Glad you got your Zap OK and on time.
We do appreciate the good words and all. Your sharing the Zap with friends is cool and what has been driving us for close to ten years. I will say we are already about at our max for weekly production. I will not go back to the "good old days" of 30+ units a week steady. We are more than happy with our current pace..............so............easy does it. And thank you. All.

1/2 inch inner diameter tubing is still the one and will always be.

Rick,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
rbrown13 said:
Here's what I did I cut a stem in half I then drilled into the two halves about 3/4" with a bit a little smaller than 3/8" and push the tubing into the two halves. I have done some turning on the end that goes to the vape as soon as I finish it I will post more pics, oh and I forgot to mention the draw is much improved.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e341/rbrown13/3d3bffcc.jpg
These are the old stems, right? Because with my new stems, the 1/2" ID tubing fits right over the outside of the stems.
And Rick sells these stems without the metal tips so you can attach them to a downstem of a bong or a whatever.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow Ed!! Congrats!! So nice to hear you got a vape and it's a lovely one too :) Welcome aboard :D

Lo,

Rick

Zapman
In my opinion, it would be better to attach the tubing to the outside of the stem handle than pushed inside a 3/8" inner hole. Our old stems were closer to 5/8" outer diameter but the tubing would still fit over them with a stretch. The new stem tubing is "right on" with tolerances, 1/4" inner diameter and 1/2" outer diameter. The old was close to 5/8 outer and 3/16 inner so it had a slightly smaller draw hole through it.
And caseball, you should know many of our customers are college students. This kind of vape fits good in that environment. As I recall you ponied up and you are a college student? Discreet, low smell, always available(in a room), clear effects on the learning minds, etc.
I have not really "sold" the little chunks of tubing for connectors because I always have short pieces around. Email me if interested. For sure no charge for them if you order some stems.

Rick,

caseball2051

yeah i work two jobs though. most of my friends dont work or work alot at school.

only one has ever vaped before, they love to smoke.

caseball2051,

Rick

Zapman
Ah, Saturday, my favorite day of the week. Our last shot at staying ahead of the game every week is Saturday. Being the kind of guy that I am, I often put this or that off til later in the week, then give it the last sprint Friday PM and Saturday AM. The mail comes by the box, a mile away from our home, around noon. So we are a bit crazy til the trip to the mailbox. Then.......was Bob(postman) early today? Did we make it? Almost always the answer is yes(we made it) meaning I do not have to go chase him down somewhere between our box and 20+ miles to the post office. THEN the fun really starts. RELAX, play more in the shop or on the farm. Still doing stuff but only what I want to do, not what I am obligated to do. And if I want to do nothing, I do that too. Very good at doing nothing sometimes for hours on end. Zaplady knows that one for sure.
The Zapville ride is going on ten years now. After a period of time, who knows what that is, a certain momentum builds. Sundays and Mondays start the week with knocks on Zapvilles door. The week starts. Then Saturday is here again. Over and over and over. I must say now that Myrtles are 90% of our sales and I turn everything, each piece is very exciting. No boredom except the internal parts. What do we get this time? A classic or a reg? Where do I put the front? Some of the Myrtlewood that has been stored for 30-40 years just screams at me when I open it up. "THANK YOU! for letting me show my part of the Universe to the Universe. I have been hiding away for so long. And man o man, do these folks enjoy my beauty so much. What is that they are smoking?" at which point I assure them that stuff is vapor which REALLY helps them appreciate you, Myrtle my girl.
Zapville has been good to us. FC has brought the Fountain of Youth back to Zapville and do we ever appreciate that because that helps us stay young. When you have to do something, you do it, period. And we get to do whatever it is at HOME! What a gift from the Universe!
Just call me Homeboy.

Rick,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks Homeboy. Fun little post, i usually greatly enjoy reading what you have to say Rick. I like the way you carry yourself, especially when facing criticism. When it comes to function and customer iterations, there isn't a lot to criticize though. I liked reading how you and Zaplady had tried tubing and glass for the first time. It's not something i use often, but when you have a soar throat and want to medicate, you'll appreciate it greater. It would also work well if you ever wished to use a 13v or 13.5v plug. I know you don't usually do that, but try it through glass with a 13v, you might like.

Haven't heard from you in a long time via email. I know at one point you had some special vape stems, did you say bigger diameter then usual? This was a long time ago, was hoping to order two and another Dragonfly still, but i know you have been ultra busy in Zapworld. Good news if course. I likely got lost in the mix, and with recently purchasing a new furnace and putting in central air, the wallet has been lighter then usual and i haven't followed up.

Used the Zap yesterday with a friend, it actually took a road trip with me. It hasn't left my house in probably 6 months, and is primarily in use defusing oils and candle wax. It is producing very nice and satisfying hits these days. I still think i have one of the best looking Zaps around. Thanks for the product and for continuing the weekly grind. Sound like the old Myrtlewood is pretty unique, would love to see some pic's of some or any "primo" units out there. Crazy to think it has been sitting unused for so many years. Ok, have a great rest of your weekend Rick, and all Zapheads out there. Keep vaping.

IAmKrazy2,

caseball2051

I finally got to use this friday night. I was very impressed. The taste was great.

I was amazed at the results with such a small amount of material.

I brought it to a friends house yesterday and they all enjoyed it as well. It definitly works better as a personal use device though. (as its intended to be)

another very satisfied customer.

caseball2051,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for shooting me an email Rick.

This guy Rick is a busy fella! A lot of Zap's last month plus farm work, keep the business coming to Rick great customer service combined with a great product. American made.

My Zap has darkened since i first got it, will likely shoot some pics here soon so you guys can see this unit. I wish i still had my old softwood zap my friend left around here for a few months. They have come a long way. For any who wonder i am now and will remain a Zap fanboy.

IAmKrazy2,

stinac

when will bee available for customers outside USA ?
PD isnt available, so this would be a great chance for MyrtleZap to grow!!!

stinac,

caseball2051

Hope im not overstepping my bounds here, but Rick already has said he doenst want to ship outside of the US. If your in CAN and have it shipped elsewhere and then to yourself then thats up to you.

I believe he has offered the Zaps business model/akit for someone outside the US to make them in teh past. Its in this thread somewhere. look through it

caseball2051,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
After more reading, and I'm finding you can't do too much of that on this site, I decided to also buy a MZ and placed my order yesterday. I've always been a gal who appreciated good wood. ;) I've already heard from Rick and am looking forward to seeing my new "friend."

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
Mom - you will love it, hope you get a "special" zap to make it even better.
If you still can, get some extra lavender oil in advance, it is very nice and goes fast.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Rick I gotta say it again, You're the man!!! You do hella work and for those that dont know, you'd be damn glad you took the chance the get to know. I also gotta say that I feel you on working the wood. It is a great feeling to work a piece that has some amazing figure and you know that you are the first one to witness the beauty that mother nature has been hiding all this time. I have been eying some blocks of Amboyna Burl. Could you spin me one of those BurleeZaps in the future if I could get my hands on a piece large enough? You were exactly right Rick for the breakin time frame. I do think it does better after it has been plugged in for a couple of days.

Ed's TnT,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I also gotta say that I feel you on working the wood. It is a great feeling to work a piece that has some amazing figure and you know that you are the first one to witness the beauty that mother nature has been hiding all this time.
I agree! My husband and I have done a lot of furniture refinishing. It's so cool when you have the wood all prepped and put on the coat of oil in the end. The grain pops out at you in all it's beauty. It's a little bit of a rush (I told you I was a wood gal ;) ) That's the reason I love these wood vapes.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: mvapes
I think I want to eventually add a zap to my collection. I want one each of all three of the "log" vape makers' products. I've got one down, two to go. Each one of you seriously does some great work. Thanks, and take it easy.

SkeletonLips,

Rick

Zapman
We do have some customers out of the US. I am shipping out four units today that will end up somewhere in Europe. They are all being sent to DC(where all the politicians hang out) and they will be forwarded by someone to their final destination. That is the way to do it. I have shown the design, parts, etc to a fellow in Ontario but do not know where he is with it.

Turning wood is especially fun because all the grain is cross cut which exposes all the beauty of the wood. Then, do I take it down a bit more? Leave it a bit oversize? Take a bit more off and the picture changes.
It is fun, that's for sure. And Ed, I will be glad to spin up something special for you. Watch out for too dense wood though. Heaters do not work well when you put them in a rock, even a pretty rock. And I do love your pipes. Just right. Perfect flow even if it is(dread!) smoke.
momofthegoons
I will be very picky over the next couple days looking for your special wood. Dare I say I hope my wood satisfies you? Hey, you started it! And thanks for taking a shot at our Myrtle. We appreciate it for sure. Got a question or two for you. I will Email you later today with them.
As for funny talk from Mississippi, I like it. Everybody talks funny now and then. Just listen to most of the GOP and tea drinkers these days. Now that is funny talk.

Rick,
Top Bottom