Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Very interesting and innovative! My only problem would be cleaning the parts after a while. I *guess* you could soak them all in ISO.... Would be easier to replace too!

Damn, I might just try this idea with my extra stem!
What is the ID/OD of your clear tubing?

AGBeer,

caseball2051

i am going to ordering one of these tomorrow, without a doubt.

my only real question is about the smell? I have never used a desktop vape before. The first cloud looks to be very thick, with subsequent hits being less and less cloudy.

just last night i started using my launchbox in my house without anyone knowing. Filled a water bottle with dyer sheets and poked holes in the bottom and it works great. :ninja: will i be able to get away with this wth the MZ?

caseball2051,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
AGBeer said:
Thats rockin man! Very cool.

Im a drummer and we are on different coasts. :(

Ironically, it appears that the West Coast folk seem to be more in tuned with music and other musicians. Ever since I came to VA I have had the hardest time gelling with other musicians. Back in AZ, me and a few guys could go from 0 to setlist in a couple of months. Out here, I almost question why I still play. (Or it takes us much longer to finally click)
I know what you mean I have had 4 bands that I played in at any given time and there is always somewhere to play, I play with a group of guys who are band whores like myself but we can get together and in few hours have a tight setlist but we end up playing together one way or another all the time.

rbrown13,

mnmlh

caseball2051 said:

my only real question is about the smell? I have never used a desktop vape before. The first cloud looks to be very thick, with subsequent hits being less and less cloudy.

just last night i started using my launchbox in my house without anyone knowing. Filled a water bottle with dyer sheets and poked holes in the bottom and it works great. :ninja: will i be able to get away with this wth the MZ?
Vapor is vapor, so if it's going okay now, adding more into the air will be the equivalent of you using your LB more. I can't smell it, but then again, I wouldn't be able to after vaping. My friend remarked that it didn't really smell and he doesn't partake. I vape with my windows open in a high density condo development - something I would never do when combusting.

mnmlh,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
mnmlh said:
caseball2051 said:

Vapor is vapor, so if it's going okay now, adding more into the air will be the equivalent of you using your LB more. I can't smell it, but then again, I wouldn't be able to after vaping. My friend remarked that it didn't really smell and he doesn't partake. I vape with my windows open in a high density condo development - something I would never do when combusting.
I agree with your friend when I vape in my home office and then leave the room for a few minutes when I return I can smell the herb from when my container I keep it in was open but I can't really smell anything from what I vaped in the air.

rbrown13,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
caseball2051 said:

In my opinion, if I was indoors I would rather be hitting my zap. Maybe in my psyche somewhere it had *less* of an odor than my LB. (At least it became my FAVORITE)

I think that blowing your vapor into the dryer sheet idea is a bit much, but our levels of paranoia vary in our given situations. If I was smoking it - most def if I was hitting it indoors. (But I NEVER smoked weed indoors) Vapiing indoors - Confidently. It disappears quickly.

AGBeer,

caseball2051

ordered about 30 mins ago. cant wait to get it next week.

as stated by many others, ricks customer service is top notch.

caseball2051,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Well I about broke out into tears today.... I just ordered some extra stems from rick because I destroyed mine a few weeks ago when I attempted to clean them. I was super excited to use my zap again but I had left it at my parent's in a trash bag after I cleaned out my car recently before a trip. I'm sure you all know what happened but for those of us whose thinking speed may currently be impaired.... She threw it away. She just assumed the bag was trash and she threw it all away. There was a lot in there that I needed but the loss of my zap I don't think I'll ever get over.

Kudos to Rick on running such a great business and making such a great product. Since I want to replace it I have options. I could have ordered a pd pandora(i wouldn't have any issues assembling it) I could have bought a wdz(I think I have no clue what's up with their site) but I love love love love my zap so as soon as I hear from him I'm ordering another. I'm hoping he has some special wood laying around :D

So I'd appreciate if all the mz fans hear could take a second and offer a moment of silence for my recently departed friend. :(

pyronym,

caseball2051

i will do that when i get mine next week. Ive been very anxious. I set aside a new strain to try out in it and cant wait to get it.

sorry about your loss pyronym!

caseball2051,

collegerower

pyronym,

I can fully understand why you would choose the Zap over others. I recently was faced with the same options, and am thrilled that I went with the Zap. Rick runs a great operation!

collegerower,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
pyronym said:
Well I about broke out into tears today.... I just ordered some extra stems from rick because I destroyed mine a few weeks ago when I attempted to clean them. I was super excited to use my zap again but I had left it at my parent's in a trash bag after I cleaned out my car recently before a trip. I'm sure you all know what happened but for those of us whose thinking speed may currently be impaired.... She threw it away. She just assumed the bag was trash and she threw it all away. There was a lot in there that I needed but the loss of my zap I don't think I'll ever get over.

Kudos to Rick on running such a great business and making such a great product. Since I want to replace it I have options. I could have ordered a pd pandora(i wouldn't have any issues assembling it) I could have bought a wdz(I think I have no clue what's up with their site) but I love love love love my zap so as soon as I hear from him I'm ordering another. I'm hoping he has some special wood laying around :D

So I'd appreciate if all the mz fans hear could take a second and offer a moment of silence for my recently departed friend. :(
You dont have any pictures of it by chance do you?
If you click the 'website' link in my profile, I have a running collection of Zappics that I have collected from this and other threads. I am so sorry to hear about your loss though bro... :( I know I would be pretty heartbroken if mine went bye bye too.

AGBeer,

pyronym

Harry Mooseknuckle
Sorry no pic's of the old zap but as soon as I receive the new one I'll be sure to take a pic and post it here.

pyronym,

dkbs

well, it came today..

i plugged it in a few minutes after, and after a half hour, i packed some kind loosely in a stem and proceeded to get 3 visible, but small (in comparison to the dbv) hits.. tasted good.. i was unsure of effect, since just b4 the mail came i had just vaped some in the dbv.. a little later i packed a little mid grade, but didnt have as good of results, not sure what happened.. just now i packed it full of a 50/50 mix of the kind and the mids, and this time i packed the stem full with the prod that was included.. this time i got 6, not huge, but decent and visible to the exhale tokes... i think with all i heard about over packing, i was takin it too easy at first.. i have only used it just a couple times, and i m sure i have more to figure out. i will post my experience after a few days..

i have been using quite a bit of product in my dbv, i hope my tolerance can adjust to the lower dosage of the mz.. but i have dbv too : )

dkbs,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
dkbs said:
well, it came today..

i plugged it in a few minutes after, and after a half hour, i packed some kind loosely in a stem and proceeded to get 3 visible, but small (in comparison to the dbv) hits.. tasted good.. i was unsure of effect, since just b4 the mail came i had just vaped some in the dbv.. a little later i packed a little mid grade, but didnt have as good of results, not sure what happened.. just now i packed it full of a 50/50 mix of the kind and the mids, and this time i packed the stem full with the prod that was included.. this time i got 6, not huge, but decent and visible to the exhale tokes... i think with all i heard about over packing, i was takin it too easy at first.. i have only used it just a couple times, and i m sure i have more to figure out. i will post my experience after a few days..

i have been using quite a bit of product in my dbv, i hope my tolerance can adjust to the lower dosage of the mz.. but i have dbv too : )
Yes, give it a couple more days. I know that my draw technique has improved since Ive had it for a while. Plus, what plug are you using for it? The 12v or the 13.5v? Higher temps (usually) tend to give bigger clouds.

And also know that bigger hits DONT ALWAYS = bigger highs. It could mean that you are vaping at a higher temp in your DBV and releasing more CBDs/CBNs that you might with the more steady temp of the 12v Zap.

AGBeer,

caseball2051

My zap is coming in a few days, i looked through this thread a few times (skimmed I guess you could say) and I didnt find anywhere that said what diameter tubing i should get.

any help?

caseball2051,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You can tell if your packing it too loose if the herb recedes dramatically into the stem after it is spent. Normally my spent stems only recede into the bowl like half a millimeter after done.
You can normally tell how much material you really put in by how it packs itself during the vaporization process.
If it is a really loose pack you will see a much larger gap appear, making it appear as if some herb fell out while vaping (which is not the case, just the herb compacting itself). If this occurs it means you might be packing it too lightly for what you are trying to achieve.

DevoTheStrange,

mnmlh

caseball - the tubing is 1/2" ID, but you might want to hear from Rick, or other members about if there was a change with a new batch of tubes I remember hearing about a while back.

dkbs- the grind on your herb is as important as anything. I grind, then cut up anything that didn't get finely ground, like the occasional leaf, with sewing scissors. If you do have a grinder, be sure and turn it upside down and grind the hell out of it. I don't think this part can be overdone. Make sure it's dry. I never vape right after grinding. I wait at least 15-30 mins with the occasional jiggle of my grinder to turn over moist sections. It dries pretty quickly!

mnmlh,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I think you can over grind it. I've noticed with really dry herb that is over ground tends to impair the airflow a bit. much easier to over pack with superground up bud.

DevoTheStrange,

dkbs

AGBeer said:
Yes, give it a couple more days. I know that my draw technique has improved since Ive had it for a while. Plus, what plug are you using for it? The 12v or the 13.5v? Higher temps (usually) tend to give bigger clouds.

And also know that bigger hits DONT ALWAYS = bigger highs. It could mean that you are vaping at a higher temp in your DBV and releasing more CBDs/CBNs that you might with the more steady temp of the 12v Zap.
i am using the 12v ac adapter in the house, and i tried the car adapter too, realizing that a cars alternator runs at more like 14v, i definitely noticed larger hits in the car.. i may end up pickin up a 13.5 for the house, but i understand after a few weeks of break in, that the 12v will be fine?? your thoughts?

thanks
dkbs

dkbs,

aero18

vaporist
Yep, after a few weeks the 12 v will be fine. If you are vaping in larger groups, the 13.5 volt is convenient as it keeps the temperature up between draws better.

aero18,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Yeah, I once swore by the 13.5v. I dont know what 'happened' but for some reason, the 13.5v is a little too close to combustion for my tastes. It is now sitting in a drawer. :)

Sure, I can get 'more' out of my blend, but I likes the tinctures made from the ABV - it gets made up for there :)

AGBeer,

mnmlh

I really think the 13.5 accelerates the break-in process, maybe fully, by just leaving it plugged in overnight, or for a few days (not that I recommend this.) I still use mine. Nothing beats it for a late night cough inducing hit.

mnmlh,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
mnmlh said:
I really think the 13.5 accelerates the break-in process, maybe fully, by just leaving it plugged in overnight, or for a few days (not that I recommend this.) I still use mine. Nothing beats it for a late night cough inducing hit.
There have been times where I was so vaked, I forgot to put it back on the 12. I will say that it made the room smell marvelous!

AGBeer,
Top Bottom