Aromazap/Myrtlezap/CeramicRockZap

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Good gawd CG - more pron to add to my MZ pron collection ;)

And I second that motion of the Zap getting hotter with age. I would guess it has to do with the wood seasoning a bit? Or just something in my psyche.

I used to swear by my 13.5 when I first got it. For the past few sessions I have been rather surprised at the 12. (I have traced it back just to make sure that I was in fact hitting off of the 12)

The 13.5 has been neglected here lately. I like to use it when I get that 'wild hair' and want to come ridiculously close to combustion. :)

AGBeer,
Good gods that is a pretty piece!
The front looks like a stylized tree of lights sparkling in the top branches.
'Gratz collegerower, you will surely enjoy that fine bitch.

Rick, that is kind of what I thought. If I could find my gun thermometer I would check it but I am sure I loaned it to a buddy.

Another question for you. The aroma cup gets almost constant use at my house and does a great job, but it is starting to get a little flimsy feeling when I take it off and put it on. Did you say JB weld for repairs?

Also, do pretty much any essential oils work like the lavender? I have some gardenia oil coming I am hoping will do the job. I went through your stuff quite quickly. You really ought to offer some for sale on the website, I'm sure folks would order extra. A larger bottle with conventional dropper would be nice (hint, hint).

Howie Feltersnatch,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Howie Feltersnatch said:
Good gods that is a pretty piece!
The front looks like a stylized tree of lights sparkling in the top branches.
'Gratz collegerower, you will surely enjoy that fine bitch.

Rick, that is kind of what I thought. If I could find my gun thermometer I would check it but I am sure I loaned it to a buddy.

Another question for you. The aroma cup gets almost constant use at my house and does a great job, but it is starting to get a little flimsy feeling when I take it off and put it on. Did you say JB weld for repairs?

Also, do pretty much any essential oils work like the lavender? I have some gardenia oil coming I am hoping will do the job. I went through your stuff quite quickly. You really ought to offer some for sale on the website, I'm sure folks would order extra. A larger bottle with conventional dropper would be nice (hint, hint).
My flower got a little goofy too (cept its a bit tougher to get on) As far as other essential oils - I would treat them like Surv and Spidey treat their oils. The better it is, the better it will work for your application. My wife (bless her pointed little head) went ahead and gave me some of the Wally-World special oil. One vial works so-so and the other vial is just plain vile. Get the good stuff when it comes to your essential oils. Your nostrils will thank you.

AGBeer,

dosteov

Any tips for increasing air flow on your hits? I notice it's often times I feel like I"m straining to get a decent hit. Maybe I'm packing it too tight with the tamper tool.

dosteov,

collegerower

dosteov said:
Any tips for increasing air flow on your hits? I notice it's often times I feel like I"m straining to get a decent hit. Maybe I'm packing it too tight with the tamper tool.
I find I am having the same problem, and I am guessing that I am using too much herbs in the stem. At first I started to fill the entire stem with the straw sucking method and no taping, but the draw was too hard. Now I am trying to see how light I can go, and what the effects are.

Could anyone take a photo of what an average stem of ABV looks like?

collegerower,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Use the straw sucking method but don't suck too hard. You don't want to have your material packed too tightly. Try using your finger tip instead of the tool, see if that works, this will also avoid a tight pack. You will find your finger tip pressed against the end pushes it down just enough to hold your herb in.
it could also be due to how fine you grind your herb. Too fine of a grind will restrict airflow.

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
Too fine of a grind will restrict airflow.
Too true. ;) And with a really fine grind, it doesn't have to be tightly packed to be a problem. It's really the only learning curve to this type of vape. With some experience, it's pretty easy to perfect your loading/drawing technique.

max,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
Well I received my new MZ today plugged it in had some things I had to go do took about an hour came home loaded a stem and got about 5 nice pulls of of it, I am totally blown by this thing it is my new shop set-up.

IMG_0069.jpg

and I know it's the wrong thread but.. here's the office set-up
IMG_0071.jpg

rbrown13,

Rick

Zapman
Nice Zap rbrown13. Good to see some recycling happening.
One of those two vapes is obviously very discreet compared to the other. Makes me plenty happy to make one of the plain simple ones.

Rick,

dkbs

well, i have been looking at the mz and pd to try conserving materials a little.. i decided and, i ordered a mz just a little bit ago for $145 on their web page.. how long do you think it will take to arrive, i am going on vacation on the 15th and would like to take it with me??? i am excited about tryin it out..

i have a dbv, but dont want to clean and risk travelling with it..

since i am taking it on a trip, i will probably opt to throw the stems away before the return flight.. how much are replacements when i get back?

thanks for info folks

dkbs,

Rick

Zapman
dkbs
Thanks for the order. We are filled up for this week but yours should ship early next week and will arrive before the end of the week(and well before the 15th). Stems are $8 each with an order or $9 each ordered separately. We also do 3 for $24 and 6 for $45.

Rick,

dkbs

excellent.. but if it ends up being close, i will gladly pay extra for faster shipping if need be.. just let me know.. thanks allot :peace:

dkbs,

rbrown13

Rick said:
Nice Zap rbrown13. Good to see some recycling happening.
One of those two vapes is obviously very discreet compared to the other. Makes me plenty happy to make one of the plain simple ones.
Yep I bought this MZ in the for sale section here from foolie and he is a great person to do business with. and actually the VB is pretty simple considering how huge the hits are I get from it and it's just a box with a glass tube and ceramic heater.

rbrown13,

rbrown13

Does anyone know how to get more air flow through these things? it seems like there should be more air flowing when I'm drawing on a stem I make sure not to pack the stem too tight I can get a easy draw off of the stem/'s when loaded until I insert it into the MZ.

rbrown13,
You should not be aiming for a "fast" draw.
For best performance and yield - long and slow works best for me. (and many others)

Howie Feltersnatch,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Its kind of a draw crapshoot for me sometimes. RARELY can I pack a stem to the point where I can comfortably have a gentle continuous draw (like I might with the VG or Iolite)

Otherwise its just like others have described. Like trying to suck up as much milkshake as possible.
Suck with the mouth - Inhale
Suck with the mouth - Inhale
Repeat and repeat (exhale through the nose)
And holllllllld.

If I want a big continuous hits from the Zap I hook it up to my mini HVY. That seems to do the trick

AGBeer,

Rick

Zapman
one reason these type Vapes are so efficient is because of the restricted pull. They are designed to work with a slow draw. That keeps the air hot enough to vape the stem tip contents. You can experiment with lighter loads but once you realize the flow must be restricted to get the correct vapor, you slow down the pull. I make the parallel to a kinked water hose. If you turn up the water pressure(ie suck hard) the restriction will stay the same or get worse. But if you turn the water down(or ease up on the pull), you will get a bit more water out of the hose(and vapor in the lungs). Kinda like don't force it, go with the flow, etc. A properly packed stem will reduce the airflow by about 1/2 that of an empty stem. The important thing about packing/pulling technique is if it is not working right, alter your technique a little. Adjust the flow. These are not turn them on and use devices. Not at all like the big guys or a dube or a pipe. The flow is restricted by design. I must say, for some reason that my feeble brain cannot understand, a length of tubing on the end of the stem makes for much bigger pulls. Maybe someone can explain what is going on. Does that tubing act like an extension of your lungs or what? Extra bellows? Amazing we could go almost ten years before realizing that.
rbrown13, you might try shooting some compressed air down the heatport assembly. Maybe a clog up with some fine particles as that one was around for awhile. We find the restricted flow set up in a stem is about the same restriction whether in the Zap or out. Put an empty stem in the3 port and suck. Is it restricted? Could be your stems are a bit gooey? Older, semi plugged stems do not work like a fresh clean stem.
Not sure what is going on out there but we are back to a week turn around at least from order to ship. We do appreciate all the support. I kind of wondered when all that wood came into my flow a couple weeks ago but I wonder no more.

Rick,

mnmlh

I'm not having any problems getting a nice airflow and vapor production on every stem. I use the straw method, but very lightly, so as not to suck up the trichs. Then I get the loosely packed material in there a little bit more with the end of my finger. I suspect that you are not getting a fine enough grind, your herb is too moist, or both.

Or get an HVY mini as AGBeer mentioned. I highly recommend the mini beaker from aqualabtechnologies.com

edit: Rick - now you need to try some glass. :)

mnmlh,

Rick

Zapman
mnmlh
You got me on the tube. You, lwien and others mentioned the mini from aqua.
I just spread a little green and got one for me and mine.
Thanks all. Are they quick on da ship?

Rick,

collegerower

mnmlh,

Would it be possible for you to write up a little comparison between the EHLE and Aqua Labs? I would be very interested in the differences.

collegerower,

lwien

Rick said:
mnmlh
You got me on the tube. You, lwien and others mentioned the mini from aqua.
I just spread a little green and got one for me and mine.
Thanks all. Are they quick on da ship?
Yup.

lwien,

lwien

collegerower said:
mnmlh,

Would it be possible for you to write up a little comparison between the EHLE and Aqua Labs? I would be very interested in the differences.
The HVY looks to have around 25% more volume. The HVY comes with a diffuser. The EHLE I don't believe does. The position of the downstream on the HVY is lower so if you hold the vape upside down on the glass, it isn't hitting you in the face. The HVY is more stable because of the beaker bottom. But..........I like the looks of the EHLE better.

Typically, it's easier to clear a tube than a beaker, but being that both of these are on the small side, it isn't an issue with the HVY.

lwien,

dkbs

this mini beaker looks slick as hell..
so, what would one need to connect the two?? a 38mm gg male adapter and hose, but how would that hookup to the mz?

:peace:
dkbs

dkbs,
Top Bottom